Author Topic: Ginger Persian-cross in Cambridgeshire - was due to be put to sleep last week...(now safe in rescue)  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Glad to hear Jo was able to help  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Great news and hope you visit us again  ;D ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
;D Great news!  I'll move this to sorted section now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
brilliant news :wow:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
That's great news :) Thanks for letting us know, Things could have been very different for him without your efforts :hug:

Whats the news? Did I miss something? Has this handsome boy got a home? :-)

Are you reading on the tapatalk app on your phone by any chance and only seeing the first line?! Mine does that randomly from time to time, to view the whole post if I click quote and read it as though you were about to reply you can see the good news that a rescue space has been found for him ;D

Exactly what was happening!!

I was only seeing the thanks for helping and thinking why is everyone excited - we don't have an update!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
OK just sneaked on to look at this on PC at work - and realised that I couldn't see the rest of Alexas post all I saw was thanks for helping part!

Thats BRILLIANT News and for the record the Iphone app is Rubbish lol!!! I am starting to realise that it only shows half the post - you must have all thought I was daft asking what the news was? lol!!

So happy he is sorted!! Great he is going into Foster care  :wow: :wow:

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Ginger Persian-cross in Cambridgeshire - was due to be put to sleep last week...
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
That's great news :) Thanks for letting us know, Things could have been very different for him without your efforts :hug:

Whats the news? Did I miss something? Has this handsome boy got a home? :-)

Are you reading on the tapatalk app on your phone by any chance and only seeing the first line?! Mine does that randomly from time to time, to view the whole post if I click quote and read it as though you were about to reply you can see the good news that a rescue space has been found for him ;D

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Thank goodness he's sorted I've been thinking about him all week and hoping a place could be found.  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
great news!

Offline alexas

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Megamog
Thank you everyone for all your amazing help - my first time on this forum and it's really touching.

Jo Clements has found a foster placement for Zorba via her CST&SCS rehoming centre, so he's due to be traveling to Wiltshire this weekend  ;D  He's quite a special case as whilst he tolerates grooming and handling once out on a table, he's been quite hissy and unhappy whilst in bed - but today he had his first strokes and headrubs in bed without hissing and whilst actually looking pretty happy!  :wow: If it weren't for my bouncy lab and scaredycat of my own, I'd definitely be keeping him!

So pleased that he's got somewhere to go to - thanks to everyone's help he'll be a happy boy in a loving home eventually.

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Any news on this poor boy ?

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
Ginger Persian-cross in Cambridgeshire - was due to be put to sleep last week...
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 20:56:16 PM »
Oh there is a possible option? He really is a lovely lovely boy! :-)

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
If there is no space anywhere at all i could take him in untill a rescue place is free? I dont drive though so he would have to be transported to me. please dont PTS, hes a lovely boy and sure someone somewhere would love him :(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
You could also try Jo Clements here http://chinchilla-cat-society.org.uk/#/rehoming/4534974441  :)

I've pm'd you also Alexas.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 21:34:56 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Have you tried animal lifeline?  http://animallifelineuk.com/

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Try Thorneywood in Nottingham.
Website is THorneywood Persian rescue , otherwise pm me for phone number .
Good luck ,he is gorgeous , love gingers !

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
shame about rushden, unfortunately because of the holidays this is about the worst time of year and this is a particularly bad year!  we do have a few persian owners on here so hopefully one of them can think of something that could help him

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Try Gillian Ambercat she may know somewhere and she has lots of persians
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline alexas

• Kitten
Rushden persian rescue were meant to collect Zorba earlier this week, but unfortunately were still fully booked so couldn't manage to.   :( Any other ideas?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
 :welcome: to Purrs Alexas, thank you for trying to help this lovely boy  :hug:

If the rescue that Dawn linked to was able to help then don't be put off by distance as I'm sure a trasport run could be arranged.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
not sure if these people can help, I imagine they are busy like everywhere but it is worth a go

http://www.rushdenpersianrescue.co.uk/

I know everywhere is very busy but it would be shame for zorba not to get a chance after you giving him a lifeline

Offline alexas

• Kitten
Zorba is a big ginger middle-aged Persian-cross boy, who is desperately needing a home!

I'm a vet in Cambridgeshire, and Zorba was brought to us by the RSPCA to be put to sleep for being 'feral'.  :'( He was apparently found living in a cupboard under the stairs, so it's not surprising he's a little wary of new people. He's staying with us at the practice at the moment, and whilst he can be somewhat grumpy when he's in an enclosed space, once he's out of bed he can be handled and groomed quite easily. I don't really believe in euthanasing healthy animals, so need to find an understanding home for Zorba! With a bit of patience and a quiet environment, I'd hope he could really come round.  :innocent:

He's neutered but not microchipped, and his kidneys seem fine when I checked them on a blood test. He could benefit from a dental (as most Persians could!), but I'd be happy to do that at a discounted rate if only we could find him a home! He's otherwise seemingly healthy.

My nurses and I have been trying to find him a home or a rescue centre place over the last week, but we're really struggling. Staying at the practice isn't ideal for him even in the short-term - whilst he comes out for exercise in cat ward when we can let him, whenever there are other animals around he has to be caged. And no matter how much feliway there is, it's never going to be as stress-free as a loving home!

Please contact me if you can help at all, or know of any rescue centres with space. It's not fair for him to be caged at a vet practice for much longer, so if we can't find him a home by next week then we're going to have to reluctantly reconsider putting him to sleep - in the meantime we'll do all we can to find him a home!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:31:15 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat