Author Topic: I am so ANGRY  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: I am so ANGRY
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 19:37:13 PM »
Hi all left a message with pet sitter and funnily enough i have not heard anything back ..how suprising !

Will phone NARP tomorrow even if i dont hear back from them ..!
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 16:34:41 PM »
Oh Lisa, how terrible.

Have you tried asking your local branch of CP? I know my local branch offers a cat-sitting service (well, food and toilet tray maintenance) so yours might. Though my branch will only look after cats that have come from them. Otherwise, they may know of a reliable service, or you could work out something with them.

I'm currently cat-sitting for my best friend as he can't trust his flatmate to look after hius furries. He's had probs with other flatmates too (imagine feeding cats for a week on nothing but treats???) so I'm happy to oblige when my commitments don't clash.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 09:18:52 AM »
Years ago, and with previous cats, I asked a friend to feed them while I visited mum for a few days. He was a dog person. When I got home there was masses of stale food left in their dishes. Luckily the cats were okay. I think he was so used to feeding his dog that he didn't realise that cats don't eat german shepherd size meals! This was inspite of the fact that I had TOLD him how much to give them, and to throw away anything they hadn't eaten the previous day.

From the website, it seems that they are mainly dogwalkers.
One thing which occurred to me while reading the thread was: could you report them to the dreaded RSPCA? Effectively, they've been cruel to your cats. Problem is, would the RSPCA get the wrong end of the stick and blame you! These so called animal sitters shouldn't be in business.

When you go away again, get a recommendation from your vet for a CAT sitter. Are there any friends or neighbours nearby who you trust and who are cat people?

I hope your pusscats recover soon.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 08:47:11 AM »
After reading this I am soooo grateful for my neighbours. They also have 3 so we catsit for each other.

I did leave a former long standing friend to stay at our house to catsit when we went away many years ago for a couple of weeks. She left eggs to boil away on cooker that then exploded (eggs not cooker) and burnt the sofa with a cigarette.  However... this is the bad one....she said Gandolf wouldn't come in for most of the time and she had to put food outside for him. I could scream just remembering it.  What she meant was that Gandolf didn't come in through the catflap. He had developed an abscess at the base of his tail poor boy and it hurt him too much to use the catflap.  Her excuse for all these problems was that her wisdom teeth were hurting. 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
Thats horrible. Its bad enough having to leave animals even when they are being looked after by competent people. I would expect them to get struck off! - I would also phone around all the vets in the area to see if they are being recommended. I'm lucky that I had the best cat feeder in London (even if she did mislay the keys once when I was in italy  :evillaugh: ). Also I found good catsitters in Kent - I got their number from the vet.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 23:24:26 PM »
OH Lisa IM SO SORRY YOUR POOR BABIES HAD TO ENDURE SUCH  :censored: :censored: I'm glad your going to report them they shouldn't be allowed. There was another company once I heard bad reports about and they were a massive company............the woman got caught actually stealing the cat food to take home to her own what a princess

Hope your babies are feeling better soon now Mummy is home

Head kisses

x

OK I thought I had gone mad. I knew I Wouldnt have called the woman a princess but it had changed as i had called her a b i t ch

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 23:19:52 PM »
Poor kitties and poor you  :hug: I was really lucky to find my petsitter, sounds like there are some awful ones out there.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 20:23:25 PM »
Come on guys your meowmy is home now, get those tums better for her  :hug: :hug:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 20:09:27 PM »
Thanks guys it is nice to know that it is not just me ..Oh was witness to it so he will back me up ..Poor little thing seem very quiet and still got poorly Tummys ..yumi has been sick as well  :(

Oh well never going to make that mistake ..I will contact them tmrw and let you know what happens !

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 19:32:52 PM »
OH Lisa IM SO SORRY YOUR POOR BABIES HAD TO ENDURE SUCH  :censored: :censored: I'm glad your going to report them they shouldn't be allowed. There was another company once I heard bad reports about and they were a massive company............the woman got caught actually stealing the cat food to take home to her own what a princess

Hope your babies are feeling better soon now Mummy is home

Head kisses

x
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 23:23:07 PM by smudgepickles »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 19:03:22 PM »
Awww, Lisa. That's rubbish. I agree, complain to whoever it is they're registered with. Did anyone else see the state everything was left in? A witness statement might be a good idea.

The first time my partner and I went away together we left a friend in charge of caring for our animals. We came back three weeks later to a very smelly house. The litter trays hadn't been cleaned properly, my small animals had newspaper in instead of wood shavings (so not absorbing much at all) and we were informed he hadn't fed my geckos because he "couldn't find the vivarium!" (Hmmm.....its the big box with glass doors!!) The geckos had literally millimetres of water left to drink. He'd also spent the money we'd left in case he needed more electricity or animal food, but we were nearly out of electric and there was no new food! We never asked him again!

Thankfully, my animals are made of stern stuff and the main reaction to us from the cats was for them to sulk because we'd left them with such an incompetent!

It did make me extremely wary when we decided to go away again, though. I ended up asking a former housemate and she did a wonderful job. All the cats know and like her, so they were chuffed to see her. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 18:02:47 PM »
You have every right to be mad and I am so sorry that it wqas so bad.

I wish I was closer cos I would come and do it for you.

I have never been able to go away since I first had a cat and tried putting Misa and Sasa in a cattery but that was a disaster and Sasa still will not let me near her.

I agree that you need to hear someone by word of mouth and they have to be cat people and not dog people.

Complain complain complain and demand your money back, if you have paid them.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 15:58:46 PM »
I am in Bedforsdshire near Biggleswade/Sandy ...

They were recommended to me by a pet shop in Cambridgheshire ...I will be letting them know that they were  :censored:useless

Here is their website http://www.homealonedogwalking.co.uk....Reading it back now they are a lot more focused on Dogs ..I just thought that having a recommendation would have been the best thing...

I have been through the book at the vets and there were three pet sitters in there Me, one Girl who i contacted who when i spoke to her said ohhh cats i have never looked after them before and another who i used and then never returned my key !

If anyone is local to me and can recommend someone please come forward ...When i got back i was in tears i believe that this is personally Cruelty to animals ...!!!

I will be contacting NARP and letting them know exactly what i think of them ...I can not believe that they can get away with this ..If i look after a cat I go out of my way to make sure that it is looked after to the highest standard ..I even buy them toys and food because I WANT TO ..because i LOVE cats not just because i want to make a few quid GRRRRR

Sorry I really am just so mad ...

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 15:27:48 PM »
Thats awful  >:( Its hard enough leaving them anyway.
I hope they relax and feel better soon
 :hug:
love
Tab

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 15:25:17 PM »
I personally would have to have someone reccommended to me by a close friend with similar opinions to pet care. Im lucky i have my mum to sort them out when i cant.
You could ask at your vets if any staff members use a petsitter and get info off them.

I hope their tummys get better soon  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 15:23:23 PM »
The vets may have a list of reputable pet sitters and catteries........I know the vets I use for the parrots run a boarding outlet actually on the premises.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 15:23:09 PM »
Did you take pictures ... It's probably a bit late now as you have probably cleaned up but you should try and get proof of the state of the litter tray and food bowls.

I'm sorry you have had a bad time this is really awful .... where about's in the country are you?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 15:25:59 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 15:22:38 PM »
definately name and shame

post on as many sites as you can and hopefully if someone does a search they might come across your complaint.

to a gopetition on them with the name in the title - that will google!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 15:20:50 PM »
That's awful!  Is there an organisations petsitters are registered with that you can complain to?  Definitely get in touch with her and make it clear how unimpressed you are with her services (ask her for an explanation and see what she comes up with).  Maybe it would be a good idea to look into catteries for September?  I know there must be good petsitters about but maybe a cattery that comes recommended and that you've had a good look around might be a safer bet.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 15:19:25 PM »
I dont understand how they stay in business !

Complain to as many people as you can and also word of mouth will be a good way of putting them out of business  :evillaugh:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 15:17:57 PM »
They phoned us on Saturday to tell us everything was fine - Probably because this was the only  :censored: day they bothered to show up !!

I think that they are registered to NARP so i will be complaining to them definetley !..

I dont understand how they stay in business !

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 15:14:35 PM »
Have you managed to contact them since you came home?  I'm not sure how you go about complaining when it's a private person.  If she's advertising as a pet sitter, there should be someone that you can complain to.......I would ask in the Citizens advice and see how you can go about it, because theoretically she's obtaining money by deception  :censored:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 15:10:54 PM »
It was someone Privately that i had found on the internet i find it sooo annoying as i find it so hard to find someone and i thought that this was the answer i also paid them in advance as well otherwise i would withhold the money this is the second petsitter now and i am so worried because i am going away in September again and this will be for almost a week and how can i trust anyone to look after them !!!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 15:05:00 PM »
Poor babes, I hope they all soon settle down again, xxxx  I would put a complaint in in writing and take it from there.  Did you hire someone via an agency or was it someone private?

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 14:57:29 PM »
Noooooo omg thats awful

i hope u refused to pay them anthing !
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 14:57:22 PM »
I assume you have already paid for the weekend? If not id withold the money.

Terrible service!

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
I am so ANGRY
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 14:50:19 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I am so ANGRY right now !!

Me and the OH have been away for the bank holiday weekend and paid for a cat sitter who we thought would be very good..

Anyway have got back and the litter trays were NOT TOUCHED at all there was mess everywhere !!! and The water fountain was overflowing water everywhere ..they all have upset stomachs and they had left out so much food that is obviousbly the reason for this ...

Also Moggs is petrified, Mister is soo Vocal, Chalky is hiding in the bathroom and even Yumi is not herself  >:(

I am so angry I do petsitting and go out of my way to make sure the cats are well looked after, I wouldn't mind but i am paying for a service !!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Sorry just a rant really

Link to CatChat