Author Topic: *sigh* I despair at some people, I really do!  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
Re: *sigh* I despair at some people, I really do!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 13:20:53 PM »
i find it invaluable in checking up where the little ones are going, iv got a seperate account for when im checking up on people and tell them that i want to be there 'friend' on there so i can keep up to date with updates, good way to communicate quickly if they have questions etc if they wont add me i normally put that as mark of a reason for nooo kitty for u!  :evillaugh: not always obviously but it does let u see a little bit more of that eprson is really like.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »

Now that is a VERY good use of facebook.  I hate it myself but can see that for checking prospective animal owners out it could be very handy.

I know of some folk like that, get a few kittens, don't bother neutering them, they grow up, the girlcats get pregnant, have kittens and end up at the local shelter. The boys wander off once they mature and who can blame them.    Then they get another kitten.... and so it goes on.  It's always a "certain  type of person" and I am sure we all know the type we mean!  I don't mean to be a snob (but I think I probably am) and I am not saying they don't love their animals but they are so stupid that they have no idea of the consequences of what they do or do not do as regards animals.

Jo
XXX

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 10:35:03 AM »
There is a lass on my fb, she had wanted to adopt a while back and i checked her facebook (a tool i find soooo useful when checking up on ppl) any way her pics were full of animals, there was over 20 dogs/puppies 7 cats, lizards, alsorts. Turns out she was one of those ppl who get a pet have it a week or so get bored see another pet they ant and sell the one they got the week before to make room. since she is on my fb i can see her posts and she had been asking for a rotty pup from one of those petsales pages and the person who was selling them told her she couldnt have one because she wasnt willing to let her pups go to someone who couldnt keep a pet for longer than ten min, the abuse the seller got back was unreal, but very similar to the responce u got lindsey, anyone who tried to stand up for the seller got abuse as well.
What amazed em is the mentality of these people though, i mean in what world do these people live in????

makes me so angry that people like that are able to buy and sell animals like they are selling furniture.   

Offline alymanning

• Adult Cat
  • my big puddington
  • Slave to: jasper
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »
I cannot believe the onslaught you recieved from that bizzare person. The four letter word, whats all that about!!! sounds a tad unhinged to me, i cant help feeling sorry for the animals in her care.  It certainly takes allsorts.  :shocked: :Luv2:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 14:05:17 PM »
Good for you for saying your piece, Lindsey. I think you're right though- no point in getting into a slanging match however tempting. Stop whilst you're ahead I say.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
i was forced to use facebook for a job i do....after that i did become a teeny bit addicted :shify:
i too have a friend whos posts of joy everyday can get grating, especially when they take a biblcal twist :scared:

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: dear husband isnt what i thought you were going to say but makes more sense than what i was thinking of!
facebook i think is dangerous, heard so many stories of people digging up history and causing fights. personally i use it to be nosy and play silly games when im bored

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »
I like facebook. Although I do cull people who are annoying me. I have friends who are interested in similar issues to me and they post interesting articles that I enjoy reading it helps to keep me up to date with political issues and animal welfare concerns. I get updates from charities I support and to see what people are doing that I don't get to see that often. I find the smug inspirational messages very annoying and one of my facebook friends in on the verge of being given the chop because of them. I think the secret is to make facebook work for you.   

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »

KittyB iv heard of OH but whats DH?

DH is dear husband :)
Kitty x x x

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
people like that are soo annoying, a reaction like that in my opinion just proves her mentality. Well doen you for your responce though, hopefully no one will let her anywhere near there furbabies now.
KittyB iv heard of OH but whats DH?

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »
You wern't speaking to Vicky Pollard by any chance were you?  ;D

Seriously though well done you. I don't get why some people get so offended so quickly and why they expect things for nothing. I'm not boasting when I say this but I paid a lot of money for my kittens.
Tosca and Carmen £90 each Rusalka and Orpheus £70 each. They arn't even full pedigrees and DH often likes to say I was ripped off. I don't care that they cost so much because whats money compared to a little fluffy one who nuzzles up to you and falls asleep. Spends the short time he walks on this earth in your company and is always watching over you. No £70-£90 don't even cover that so ain't really a lot to ask IMO x

I'll just add I'm not really well off we don't work and me and DH are both students but it really doesn't matter if you want to make that commitment to an animal it costs ! :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:03:00 AM by KittyB »
Kitty x x x

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 12:34:42 PM »
Thanks Sheila  ;)

I don't usually fraternise with randoms on Facebook, to me is is purely for keeping in touch with old friends/relatives over seas, contacting immediate friends for free, seeing which old school friends are getting married, having kids e.t.c and generally being nosey! But I only have people I know as friends & keep my profile private from anyone who isn't a friend! I don't get it when people start to moan about Facebook being annoying....if someone annoys you, delete them! Simple as!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »
Nice one Lindsey.

Walk away in the smug knowledge that you HAVE made her think very carefully about her actions, her finances, her situation and the welfare of the cat.

Further communication is not needed because you got the message across beautifully. In fact if you leave her dangling now she should be furious for losing it and making an idiot of herself. Brilliant!

Truly, a complete success in my opinion. Job done  ;)

Oh, try Freegle for your desk.  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
never seen the attraction of facebook, most people are either deluded and think that the 500 friends they have really would drop everything to help them if they needed or spend time just waiting for people to like things they have said so they feel loved - I've even seen a couple of people pathetically saying it would be better of they didn't wake up over night just so people will beg them to carry on - ok rant over!!

Offline redfan

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Slushy, Gizmo
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 23:46:23 PM »
I do have a facebook, but hardly use it .. far too many people posting about the most mundane of things they happen to be doing, either that or sending me stupid requests from games / applications.  Just so that they know what my fav valentine gift is or other such crap.

Often wonder what some people have in there lives, especially those that have a family etc and seem to spend all day on fb ... crazy!!

Also it's teeming with illiterate idiots, full of init / wit / no (know) etc  :censored: :censored:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 20:56:16 PM »
Heck. 

Can't you just visualise that delightful young lady? I have built up a mental picture and it "anit" pretty.  Like you I despair.

Hopefully nobody will offer her a kitten. May be worth following up and if anybody does offer maybe we can intercept and rescue the poor thing before it goes to such an illiterate, mouthy little madam. Having said that I am sure she loves her animals.... but really!!!

If I weren't so dead against facebook and its ilk I'd go on and give your comment a "like" as well.

XXX

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 20:40:21 PM »
haha  :evillaugh:
I think i'm going to leave to group anyway, it appears to be mostly full of annoying people!
The only response I got about my desk was from a guy who couldn't/couldn't be bothered to spell properly & is planning on pushing it a good 3 miles home! Its a big heavy thing...I'm not a snob or anything but I get the distinct feeling that most of the people in my town are a little unintelligent!

At the moment, quite a few people are complaining about her use of bad language so I just keep 'liking' those comments!
2 people have 'liked' my second response.  ;)

*make that 3!*
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 20:48:56 PM by Lindsey (thefunkyinuit) »

Offline redfan

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 20:31:15 PM »
Grr, now that's annoyed me lol

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 20:28:02 PM »
I would, but I'm keeping out of it because she looks/sounds like a nasty piece of work and she lives in the same town as me, I'd say feel free to go and give her your two cents but unfortunately it's a closed group that you have to be accepted to & it'll be too late by the time you get there!

Offline redfan

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 20:24:38 PM »
I would reply again .. love a good argument me ... You could start with saying "The only person doing any judging is you" then maybe you could add something along the lines of "According to you I'm already judging you, so how about you take yourself away from this place pick up a dictionary and learn to spell.  How's that judgement for you?" and maybe finish with "I no you want animals 2 go 2 good home but if u don't like advice / comments from random people mayb don't post in open public forums" (using the posters pathetic grammar hehe)

Sorry, but I would start a good old fashioned slagging match .. in fact what's the facebook link? I might join it and chip in  :rofl:

Mwahahaha

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 20:14:15 PM »
 At least you tried Lindsey!

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

• Senior Cat
*sigh* I despair at some people, I really do!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 20:09:55 PM »
I'm sitting here shaking my head after receiving a barrage of abuse following a friendly piece of advice on pet ownership.

I'm sure alot of you have received the same sort of treatment, usually I ignore it but against my better judgement, I caved this time!

Basically there is a free to good home group on facebook, I joined to try and shift a computer desk but saw a post that said 'kitten wanted?'

The girl is asking for a free kitten....someone suggested g**tree and unloved & she said 'on gumtree but they there so much money x'

So I wrote 'Hi, I don't want to offend but if you cannot afford to buy the kitten, how can you afford to feed it/neuter it/pay for vets bills e.t.c? Please consider this before getting a kitten. Thanks :)'

I think that was pretty restrained don't you think?!

I got this response -

'u wana shut yah mouth i can afford to look after a kitten ive already got a dog , cat , snake and there all healthy u dont even no me so what right av u got 2 comment i anit paying £80 on a kitten when you can get them cheaper then that so dont start judging people when you dont no them!!!'

To which I replied -

'As I said, I wasn't trying to offend but I don't agree with animals being given away for free as you never know who they are going to. No, I don't know you but I wasn't judging you. But from your response I can tell that you're not the sort of person that can take friendly advice from someone who is only interested in the welfare of the animal and seeing as you are a pet owner yourself, I thought you may be more reasonable. Nevermind!'

Then got another reply of -

'i dont mind paying 4 a any animal but i wasnt paying £80 4 one i dont see the point... no because were all not money making c**ts who wants so much for something my post didnt say free kitten wanted did it!! and yeah i am a reasonable pet owner but if i was gunna get rid off my animals i wouldnt want money 4 them ill want them 2 go 2 a good home were it be loved and healthy!!! and yeah i can take advice but nt off some random person who dont no nothing about me!!!!!'

I'm not going to reply because it's like talking to a brick wall but I just wanted to share!

Link to CatChat