Author Topic: Does anyone on here have a Lodger as a furkid??  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Does anyone on here have a Lodger as a furkid??
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 06:17:10 AM »
GO to the Purrs shop better than google ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 00:54:20 AM »
hmmmm, it is good to know that I'm not the only one with a Lodger  :evillaugh:

Hmmmm, what is this Valarian toy thingy Liz ? old on, gonna google it  ;)

found this on ebay, just a wee tad on the expensive side ( specially if it get's lost  :doh: )
Least I would find out where he goes  :sneaky: which is Probably just next door  :doh:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Eyenimal-pet-video-camera-cats-and-dogs-LOWEST-PRICE-internet-/261004520890?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item3cc514edba
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »
Oscar is a bit like this, I mean I know where he is cos he can't get out of the garden but he has no interest in interaction with us apart from food times - its why I got Tilly to be honest, I wanted a cuddle cat

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
Maybe thats a ginger tom thing then?!  :doh: At least its not just my parenting...

They were brought up together, but are complete opposites!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
emmy-lou twix is exactly the same, u cant stroke him he runs off and then looks back at u as if to say how dare you touch me and spoil this fur iv spent hours grooming! but occasionaly he will let u rub his chin and will sleep in the bed with u, and demands to be carried to bed  :Crazy: and we've had him since he was a baby, he just hit his teenage years and decided he didnt want to be a cuddly cat, but he will cuddle knead purr follow the dog around like he is pooing dreamies  :Crazy:

Cats are the strangest creatures iv ever met, and i agree with tiggys mum, trobbie has you perfectly trained  :evillaugh:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 22:00:03 PM »
Yes! Dexter has been with us since a kitten. He doesn't let you stroke him unless its under the chin and just for a few seconds! He just hates it, whereas his sister is the opposite, crying for attention and following you about the house all the time (well she is a tortie...)

He is happy as long as he is fed and has somewhere to sleep - he will occasionally jump up on you to go to sleep.

He is funny with toys as well, but he will play with da bird and the red dot
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 21:13:45 PM »
Stuart have you tried a valarian toy these work for our Gigi who doesn't do catnip
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 21:04:53 PM »
Sleeps in a garage across the road  :shocked: I thought i had it bad with Robbie  :evillaugh:

Don't get me wrong Peggy, we do Interact with Him, He Loves his chin Scratched and also Loves His Dreamies
sadly, He is one of those that are non impressed by cat nip  :shocked:

Oh, hold on, gotta go back to work, there was just a Tannoy for me  :shify:

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 17:51:45 PM »
I have been thinking about this since yiou first posted it  It sounds as though he came from a home where he had food and comfort and safety but no love.  I wonder if you could gradually get him to interact with you more?  Sit on the bed with him - and a packet of dreamies?  Or an interactive toy so that he learns to play with you?
My present cat, Oscar is very loving but won't play and I often wonder what the first 7 years of his lufe were like  Thankfully like my Oscar Robbie now has a loving home and will gradually learn to respond to you
Keep us posted
Peggy

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 14:18:02 PM »
Yes, Tufty is exactly the same.

He sleeps in a garage across the road and just pops in for a quick cuddle and dinner three times a day. That's it!  :-:
He did spend a bit more time here over the winter and occasionally I trap him in the front room with us when it's pouring rain or snowing, he's quite happy to have a kip then but soon starts skwarking to get out again once it stops.

I think it's because he was a local stray, like Stretchy, so already had his routine before we trapped and neutered him, we just became a nice convenience for him.  :)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 00:42:27 AM »
Thats what We think too Helen??
He Just does His own thing  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 21:35:17 PM »
You don't have a lodger... but he has a perfect cat slave  :naughty: I wonder if, in his previous home wherever that may have been, he wasn't allowed on the bed so only snuck on to sleep on one when the bed was unoccupied?

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
Does anyone on here have a Lodger as a furkid??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 00:41:20 AM »
Robbie is our Lodger
         You never really see him ( unless he wants fed  :doh: )
He will go out in the morning for a few hours to heaven knows where?? come back midday time, Grab a quick bit to eat
then it's off to His bed room for a 7hr nap, he will appear back downstairs demanding His food, then Boogah's off again
He never comes into the living room tho, and will just sit by the door  :-: Never sleeps on the bed if someones in it
Oh and although He is quite Tolerant / relaxed with all the Moggies round here, He has been Scrapping with an Un-neutered
male that Wanders through our Gardens, ( Next door Neighbour said she saw him spraying against Her Shed )
Don't know where He comes from tho??

anyway......... It Sometimes it feels like we don't Have a Cat to serve at all " He just the Lodger " :doh:

anybody else??

Link to CatChat