Author Topic: Homeless mum cat with five kittens, 3-4 weeks old - London (Unknown outcome)  (Read 10446 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Homeless mum cat with five kittens, 3-4 weeks old - London (Unknown outcome)
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »
As there have been no updates will move this now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Sorry but no idea...

Offline carolynl

• Adult Cat
  • my boy Jijo
Has there been any progress with this yet?

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Nope....

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Any news on mum cat?   :scared:

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
I wonder if we could trap her once the kittens are weaned - she's allowed out, yes?

This was my thought too - Us mad cat women all think the same EH  :Luv:

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
That is what Elke is planning... to trap the mum after the kitties are gone.

She just did not see a way of getting the kittens as they look helthy and really well looked after...

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
I wonder if we could trap her once the kittens are weaned - she's allowed out, yes?

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
What will happen to mum cat over the christmas garage shut down  :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I don't think the rspca would do anything, I reported a neighbour of my mum whos cat had four litters in a row and they said there wasn't anything wrong with that and it was fed so not neglected

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Elke has been working with cats for 25 years, she said she felt the mum and realised she was pregnant, not that she is showing as yet.

Worms, wondering about that too but she said all shiney fur, chunky as in fat not worm infested.

I have absolutely no idea what to think to be honest now....

What I have heard from Gosia and what I have heard from Elke does not quite match... sigh....

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
I wondered about that too, if mum's straying she'll be choc full of worms, as will the kittens.

This might be what is causing her swelling rather than pregnancy. Even if she has caught this soon, she wouldn't be showing yet, would she?

I also worry that "chunky" look about the kittens might actually be wormy tummies rather than baby fat  :(

Trouble is, the more attention these guys get for the kittens, even covert spying on the part of well meaning rescuers, is enforcing their belief that this is a good business venture.

An official in uniform might be required, I fear.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Kittens 5 weeks old, mum pregnant again, this does not ring true.
Yes mum could well be pregnant but if so too early to tell.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
ok - just got off the phone with Elke.

She has been to the garage and:

Good News

Kitties are lovely, chunky, healthy and so is mum, they are well looked after in terms of food and warm shelter.

Bad News

Mum is already pregnant again, owner was VERY nice to Elke but told her that all the kitties are "reserved" by friends and family and took her number just in case someone pulls out as she was posing as someone interested in taking mum and 2 female kittens.

That is a short version of the story.

Elke is trying to work out where to take it from here but was asking for nobody else to get involved at this point (ie approach the garage owner etc)....

We are going to keep an eye on Gumtree to see if those kitties pop up to be advertised... 5 kitties, NW LOndon. They are about 5 - 5.5 weeks old now and the garage owner said they are all going t new homes before Xmas......

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Elke is going to let Gosia know as soon as she gets home from that garage, Gosia will let me know and I will be here like a shot with any update....

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
This is one of those stories,when you wish we could all get together and go get them.It makes me so cross :censored:

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Let's not get into vets, can become embarassing.. give me that Italian or Spanish one (one of each of them) I saw recently.... :Luv2:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Imagine the idea of keeping one MALE kitten from the litter to BREED with the mum  :censored:

SICK that is incest  - some people, we could have them for cruelty

Give me an island - filled with cats and I'll be happy. Oh and a vet, that nice nicky from Emmerdale would do.

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
After speaking to Elke, I have a feeling that following HER visit they may become members (paid members) of all local cat charieties donating % of their income to them LOL

Joking aside, hope she gets the little cat family off them crazy people...

Imagine the idea of keeping one MALE kitten from the litter to BREED with the mum  :censored:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
There is a Good Garage Scheme - I wonder if they are part of it  :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Praying this little family get out of there.

As for the garage owner, he is one thick, stupid person. Sorry but sending her out to get pregnant, and then selling her babies, that is feline prostitution, and slavery. Poor little darling. Sending this little love and her bubbas - get out that garage vibes. EVERYTHING is crossed.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I really hope this works out, I haven't been able to get them out of my mind

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Absolutely, massive thanks to everyone.

I could not believe it when Gosia's brother (and she sent her b/f too) went to collect the kitty family and were told by the garage owner that he has changed him mind about handing them over and decided to make it (read: breeding cats) as his side line business (!!!!!!!)

Hopefully they will be taken off him today, pls everyone keep your fingers crossed as the garage will get a visit in about 2 hours.. by the evening we shall see how it went...

Kelly-JOy, thnks  million  :thanks:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
No problem, we have everything crossed she can get them out to safety, she certainly is going in with a fight so I think they have the best chance of getting them out to safety and into rescue.  I would like to say a big thank you to all the rescues who have offered to help take these babies  :hug: , there has been a massive response of offers of help for these, we are very grateful as we know that you all are struggling with so many unwanted cats and kittens already. :hug:

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
BIt of an update - firstly thanks a million to Kelly-JOy and Sheilarose for all the help they offered.

The kitties are in the office of the garage, they are being fed, they are not cold but:

mum goes out so can get preggies soon
none of the lot are wormed, flea treated, mum is not vaccinated or chipped
as mum goes out  kitties are not being litter trained obviously, there is no litter tray

Kate from Streeacatz Rescue , who offered us a place for this little Family (thanks Kelly-joy) referred us to Elke who runs West London branch of Cat Action Trust 77 - Elke is going there today with her driver trying to do some magic and get the kittens. And believe me she got some ideas ;)

WE also have Anna from cat rescue in Finsbury Park on our side (thanks SheilaRose) as a back up.

HOpefully we WILL get this little family out of there and get the ideas of breeding the mum agan for profit out of the garage owner's head once and for all.....

Thnks a millio everyone....will update as soon as I know any more.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Do we have an address for the garage, maybe the local animal warden can pop round and have a word?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
gutted to hear this, Anka must be so upset as well, god knows what they think they will get for kittens

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
The garage workers would not hand her over :'( the lady who went even tried offering money to them for them (we didn't ask her too,but she wanted to try every avenue to try to get them) They are going to try again today but we aren't hopeful because they want to keep mum and a male kitten so they can breed from her again :'( that's if the poor babies don't freeze to death first :'( , Sometimes I am soo ashamed to be human :'(

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
 :thanks: that is very kind of you :hug: haven't heard anything yet sadly :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Let me know if I can help. Got a week-end's reprieve from relatives, so can assist with transport London wide.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
omg

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
My goodness some people grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hope they are got away  :hug: :hug:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
We have a rescue willing to take them, but some bright spark went and told the garage workers that they could make money out of selling the kittens and could let the female keep breeding to get more kittens to sell :censored:

Someone is on the way there now to try to persuade them to hand them over and if they can get them they will be in rescue later tonight.
Please keep your fingers crossed that we can get them out and safely into rescue tonight. Will update as soon as I hear more

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much for helping

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
I think we may have found a rescue to take these, will update as soon as its confirmed ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Hope this girl is sorted.  :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
finger crossed here!!

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Kelly-JOy from Animal Lifeline is tryign to find a rescue place for this little family - fingers crossed...

Thanks Dawn ....

Should have some photos in the evening... will ost when I get them

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Thank you - pased all info to the lady that spotted them.

Turns out that the mum cat turned up there as a kitten and got "adopted" by the workmen nearby who were looking after her in terms of feeding etc but nobody thought about neutering her and then of course she presented them with her 5 babies one day.

The lady's brother works nearby, she heard about the mum and babies from him and started to investigate.

People bring them food, bedding and check on them, she was moved from garage to an office but we all know this is not enough as she can get pegnant again very soon, so can the babies in several weeks time if not found good responsible homes.

I was very lucky with Lucy to be able to rehome Lucy and 4 kitties to 100% forever responsible homes but at the moment there is really no way I could personaly take this little family on.

Lucy and her babies were at my daughter's but we had a lot and I mean a lot of help from MSE forum members who donated food that fed Lucy and her abies for the whole time so the only expense we had was litter to be honest and the mountains of washing LOL

Financially could not take this little girl and her babies on, I am struggling with my extra kittie from Lucy's litter as it is - and he will be due his vaccinations soon, he was 8 weeks on wednesday. With my 4 now cats at home and Zara - I really honestly could not do it....

In a way I am glad that they are far away from me or despite what I have just written above - they would be in my spare bedroom by now...

Really worried about thme little ones and the poor mum :(

Link to CatChat