Author Topic: Lucy needs a home/rescue place - S.Cheshire/N.Staffs (Sorted - now in foster care)  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Wonderful job all and just in time before she had to live in the snow agian.

Thank you  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
cat people are so nice :grouphug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline cookielady

• Adult Cat
Re: Lucy needs a home/rescue place - S.Cheshire/N.Staffs
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 15:34:04 PM »
I like the name Lucy too and she will always be Lucy to me, they had to change it cos they already had a Lucy on the books. They decided on Dawn as thats the ladys name who has helped me with trying to get her and her kittens all summer.

Wil post some pocs of her soon, will be seeing her hopefully over the next week :)

Im so glad she safe. Our next door neighbours disregard and neglect can finally be fixed for good. I used to come home from work at 4am and see Lucys bum sticking out a waste bin near us by some shops, there was nothing I could do until Dawn rang in to say she had mother and 3 kittens in her garden, soon as I saw her i knew it was her, shes been a littel booger to get though had me on the runround for a while lol. Finally her nightmare is over. A new beginning for Lucy, Im so very glad :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
That's good to hear, I'll move this now to sorted then  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 15:27:25 PM »
so glad to hear this news, it would have be awful for her to end up out in the cold again - well done to you for trying so hard to catch her for all this time as well -
shame that they changed her name from personal experience I think Lucy is nicer lol!

Offline cookielady

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 15:07:05 PM »
UPDATE

firstly thank you all for your kind wishes and offers of help, it is truly humbling that you would all do so much for Lucy.

Im sorry that I havent posted an update before now BUT have been messing about all morning sorting her out!

Basically I went back to CP and said that between CC and Purrs we may have had a home for her (which sadly wasnt to be) and we had an offer of cattery assistance and possibly someone to take her in on a temp basis until we had pen space.

Anyway some shuftying round of pens has been done and a few favours here and there I can report that Lucy (or Dawn as CP named her after the lady who looked after her in her garden) has gone to Sue one of our CP experienced fosterers, pen space has been made.

Im so glad her op went well yesterday cite was negative shes had 1st injections, wormed and flead, now she just needs Sues love, care and attention (we had moo and chicky from sue 14 yrs ago I know she is wonderful at her job). Im SO SO glad they managed to find it in their hearts to juggle a few pens round for her and not put her back out, its snowing at the moment here.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart again for all the help put forward. I hope I never have to call on it again, but given the circumstances I would do what I could ( and have done ) for others in need.

Bless you all, your all stars  we are going to see Lucy hopefully this weekend I will pass on all your wishes to her and tell her what a lucky girl she is that so many people care about her 

Sharon xxxxxx  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 10:12:22 AM »
any update??

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 23:53:10 PM »
have p/med you

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 23:52:43 PM »
i have pm'd her on here. i could maybe meet half way or something if you could let her know as i still can't post on cat chat

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 23:48:24 PM »
Sharon is willing to travel to get Lucy to safety.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 23:45:01 PM »
i have joined cat chat but am unable to post at the minute.

crewe is nearly an hour away and i may struggle to fit a 2 hour round trip in this close to christmas with the bad weather too. i'll pm sharon and see what i can do

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 23:43:27 PM »
Hi Lau

Sorry if I am repeating what trigger has already advised you of.

Lucy is in Crewe - she was trapped yesterday after being abandoned 18 months ago. She is currently at the vets for spaying.

Her back ground is that she and her sister Millie were abandoned in June 2009 by Sharon's neighbour (no longer there). They were 9 months old and un-neutered. Sharon was at the time able to catch Millie who was pregnant and went on to have her kittens (rehomed by CP) and subsequently adopted Millie. Although Sharon searched and searched for Lucy she did not resurface til late this summer with her kittens (1 was trapped by CP) the others have not been seen again. Lucy was spotted this week and trapped. Sharon is now a fosterer for local CP who have arranged the vet treatment but have nowhere for Lucy to go to from the vets.

Sharon is willing to travel to get Lucy to safety and know that the local CP are trying all they can to create some space. But if that does not happen........... If you want to contact sharon , she is cookie lady if you want to p/m her.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 23:46:31 PM by Edd »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 23:19:00 PM »
have pm'd you

there is more info on catchat about Lucy
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 22:15:44 PM »
does anyone have a better idea of where exactly lucy currently is? as this is local to me but unfortunately i am out of holidays to take at work if it is any great distance to collect her.

although we are curretly in the process of catching carrigan, we do have a couple of spare rooms so could possibly take lucy in the short term if going back outside is the only option. with more bad weather due in at the weekend it will be a push to get carrigan indoors for us and to sort out somewhere for lucy to stay.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 13:06:02 PM »
Hope someone can help out here Sharon. It would be awful if she had to go back outside so soon after an op!  :'(

Offline cookielady

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »
yes it would be, although not ideal shes inside and warm until can find her a pen space, or i can move my 3 kittens to take her in myself.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
is a cattery a short term solution?

Offline cookielady

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:09:33 PM »
I am praying her cite test comes back negative, otherwise well im not thinking about it.  :(

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 11:36:27 AM »
There are so many cases at the moment I wish I could help with :( I hope someone can help this little girl, it would be so sad if she was released again.

Offline cookielady

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »
Thanks I have replied to the post on adopting thread :) fingers crossed! xxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:24:23 AM »
this would be so sad if she ended up on the street again, I really hope someone somewhere can help

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »
Just wanted to say  I hope someone can help too. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
I have e-mailed Sharon - I know that this will be breaking her heart.

She searched and searched for Lucy and had a sighting earlier this year. To finally catch her and then have to release her after neutering is just so so sad. :'(

Do hope someone can help.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Crossposted from Catchat.

Posted by Sharon Cooke
Yesterday we finally trapped Lucy which is my cat Millies sister.

June 2009 Millie and Lucy were both 9 months old and taken in by my neighbour who was irresponsible, let them both out unneutered after a week of having them, we managed to rescue Millie who has a litter of kittens Aug 09 and now lives with us as one of our clan. Lucy dissapeared and we couldnt find her anywhere, until spring this year, we finally spotted her bum sticking out of a rubbish bin looking for food (amazingly she survived last winter outside living rough in sub zero temperatures) this year she had (at least)1 litter of kittens in a garden down the road from us and we have trapped one of her 3 kittens a few months ago, but have been unable to trap Lucy until yesterday, due to her being injured and limping on her back leg. (no sign of the other kittens).

She was taken in the vets yesterday, today to have her leg looked at, initial inspection looks like it has been pulled muscle but will be looked at further under anasthetic, be cite tested and spayed courtesy of CP, however as CP have no pens, tomorrow she wil be released back into living rough again and finding her own food and shelter through winter.

Far from being feral, she was handled yesterday and took handling fine by myself and the vet, although really very scared, timid and needs to be kept as indoor for some time, somewhere quiet, with somone who can spend alot of time with her and bring her out of her shell and back to being a confident and loving cat again.

can anyone help??

would take her myself but currently have my own 4 cats and 4 CP foster cats in one house  have no rrom for her even though I want to take her in and bring her round to real ife again.

I feel desperate for her, she needs someones help, love and care, she has been through so much in her life only 2 yrs old she would make a smashing cat for anyone who has some time to dedicate to her, sure she would be other cat friendly providing intros are done correctly.

Please cross post Lucys plight to purrs.

Can anyone help this poor cat who was left to roam and have kittens for last 18months  :(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 15:30:43 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat