Author Topic: URGENT ~ 3 UNNEUTERED 6MTH KITTENS BEING THREATENED WITH PTS OR DUMPING ~ HULL (SORTED)  (Read 14870 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
This is all excellent news - well done everyone!

Just wanted to say that I would still contact CP head office on 03000 12 12 12 and tell them about the branch - it's an absolute disgrace that they are withholding vouchers. It gives all us volunteers a bad name and they should be ASHAMED!!!!!!! I am so angry!!!!!!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
How's it going with the kittens Lau? 

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Excellent news :)

Well done Lau and Jane :D xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Great news, I'll move this then now  :)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:38:19 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
Brilliant news!

Well done everyone :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Well done Jane & Lau  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Great news well done Lau  :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
Well done.
 :)
Nicky

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Lau has just picked them up.  I want to thankyou all for helping these kittys.  OH has calmed down alot now.  I am hoping to get a car in january and i will be happy to help with any transport that is need.
Jane

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
i'll be up on tuesday evening around 7pm if that is ok for you?

are all 3 kittens boys then?

my partner and i car share so it's finding a time when the car is free! i will pm you in a minute to confirm details.

Great news Lau :)
Thankyou so much for coming to the rescue for these kittens  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 13:44:05 PM by suecav »

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
thanks for the offers of help, it's over a 4 hour round trip for me, but i'm planning to take a holiday at work so i can collect them my self. once again thanks for all the offers, i appreciate it

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
i'll be up on tuesday evening around 7pm if that is ok for you?

are all 3 kittens boys then?

my partner and i car share so it's finding a time when the car is free! i will pm you in a minute to confirm details.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
i gather lau works long hours i can understand that its not me its OH.  The good news i the girl is a boy.

I know it's not you hun. It will all be fine. Don't worry  :hug:

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
I knew I'd read something about Monday or Tuesday night and just found it on Cat Chat.

"lau messaged me and said she can do it one either monday or tuesday night. Lau hasnt got back to me as yet so i still dont know if this offer is 100%."

If Lau has said she will do it Monday or Tuesday night I'm sure she will hun. Sounds like the kits will be out by Tuesday anyway so I don't understand why your OH is being so difficult here :(

Hang in there. It will all come good  :hug:

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
i gather lau works long hours i can understand that its not me its OH.  The good news i the girl is a boy.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Trying to contact Lau the lady who is taking the kittens.  OH wants the out on monday tuesday at the latest.  Can anyone help i am totaly desprate now.  OH thinks we will get stuck with all the kittens now.  We have now started to argue please someone help me.

Hi Kado,

Why is your OH putting pressure on you like this? Lau has offered to take the kittens but from what I've picked up on it sounds like she works long hours so it's going to have to fit around her and she can't just drop everything to come and get them. It sounds like she's been rearranging things to try and get them asap.
You won't be stuck with the kittens. Lau has said she will take them and I'm sure she won't let you (or the kittens) down. Just have to be patient and wait for Lau to come back on, hopefully with some firm plans :)

Don't panic ok  :hug:

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Trying to contact Lau the lady who is taking the kittens.  OH wants the out on monday tuesday at the latest.  Can anyone help i am totaly desprate now.  OH thinks we will get stuck with all the kittens now.  We have now started to argue please someone help me.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Hi Lau,

Are you still able to collect these kittens yourself? There have been a couple of offers of help on Cat Chat if you are unable to do it. One offer is Hull to Chesterfield and another offer on Facebook is Chesterfield to Chester.
Let me know as soon as you can please hun xx

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
that's good news to hear mum is ok x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Realy good news about the mum of the kittens.  The person who took her in wants to keep her i think.  She works full time and is worried about how long she will need to be kept in for.  They are taking her to the vets tomorrow or saturday in the view to speying as well.  There going to get her vacinations done and are going to insure her as well.  I am sure she isnt pregnant as well.  There spoiling her rotten they brought her all sorts of toys and i can see they love her.  I am so relieved that she is safe now.

Sounds like mum is well sorted  :Luv2:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Realy good news about the mum of the kittens.  The person who took her in wants to keep her i think.  She works full time and is worried about how long she will need to be kept in for.  They are taking her to the vets tomorrow or saturday in the view to speying as well.  There going to get her vacinations done and are going to insure her as well.  I am sure she isnt pregnant as well.  There spoiling her rotten they brought her all sorts of toys and i can see they love her.  I am so relieved that she is safe now.

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Just been around to the old owners. They havent got them mum and dont want too keep her anyway.  I explained that i might know where she is but they dont get on with the old neighbour.  I went to see if the woman who i think too the cat in was in but she isnt back from work yet.  I dont even know this woman so its going to be different on explaining who i am and whats going on.  The owner have wormed them last friday with bob martins spot on wormer.  They also deflead them about 4wks ago so they will need doing again.  I am going to try in about an hour to see who has got her.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
(((Lau)))

That would be AMAZING if you could take Mum too. Breaks my heart to think of her out on the streets in this weather   :'(
You are an absolute star! and on behalf of all these poor cats I thank you! xxx

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
what info do you have on mum? is she looking for a home too?

i'm sure i could squeeze her for a while too whilst i get something sorted. neutering-wise i will have to pay £5 per male and £15 per female and the CP pay the rest on my feral cats, i'm sure i will have the money to get these 4 done too (although i do go mad when shopping and over spend  :rofl:)

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
They have helped me transport 2 of my cats too be speyed at the vets eailer on this year i just couldnt get there.  They also brought them back.  Can i ask what is the criteria for becoming a foseter with cats protection.  I was told if you have too have laminate flooring and no curtains as well is this true.  I have had litters off a couple of my cats which i now regret not for me but them.  None have been dumped on the street all but 2 are still here.  Maisey did have a 2nd litter but went through a hard labour she had 2 and nearly a day later had a still born one.  I didnt know at all.  Her daughter had a litter shortly after masiey had hers.  She had 6 i have 3 of them.  One was still born, another died at 3 days.  Bug a beautiful ginger one died in my arms at 5wks old.  I had taken them to the vets the night before they said they could feel something so said it was worms.  I depely regretting not getting the females speyed earlier now too see it happen to something you love is horrible.  All but Vera and her kittens are speyed now.The others are all chipped as well.  Vera wouldnt stop feeding her kittens and did it till 16wks.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
I would be tempted to phone head office and tell them what the woman said about vouchers and donations. The vouchers aren't there to bring donations in, they are there to get cats neutered and help with overpopulation. Its a shame that hard-earned funds have to be spent on clearing up the mess from people being irresponsible, but that is the way it is.

I 100% agree with this. I'm sorely tempted to ring them myself. Chances are HO are unaware that some individual branches are witholding vouchers. Can't they see the bigger picture??? By neutering now they are saving money in the long term  :Crazy:

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
There old next door neighbour has her.  She is feeding her but doesnt like cats but she cant see her starve.    I always thought that what cat protection was for too protect the cats.  Mum isnt speyed either.  The mum is jet black and realy tiny.

How far away from you is this Kado?
Once the kittens have gone to Lau could you (with the help of the voucher from Jackspratt) get Mum spayed and let her recuperate at your house temporarily? Otherwise the poor thing is just going to keep reproducing  :(
Granted she may still end up on the streets being fed by the neighbour but at least she won't have any more litters.
This whole situation is just so desperately sad  :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I would be tempted to phone head office and tell them what the woman said about vouchers and donations. The vouchers aren't there to bring donations in, they are there to get cats neutered and help with overpopulation. Its a shame that hard-earned funds have to be spent on clearing up the mess from people being irresponsible, but that is the way it is.

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
There old next door neighbour has her.  She is feeding her but doesnt like cats but she cant see her starve.    I always thought that what cat protection was for too protect the cats.  Mum isnt speyed either.  The mum is jet black and realy tiny.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Glad to hear the kits are doing well :)

My God...I can't believe people who are trying to help reduce the numbers of unwanted litters are hitting a brick wall at CP  :Crazy:  Does it matter if the branch doesn't get a donation because the cats are rehomed via someone else??? Surely the priority is to get as many cats neutered as possible or how else is this country going to get itself out of this mess?

I'm so cross I could spit  :censored:

"""I realy feel sorry for the mum.  When i picked them up yesterday they said she had gone missing on bonfire night. """

Is she still missing?

:'( :'( :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
They dont think its fair if they pay and then who ever gets them gets a donation for them so there losing money. 

That is complete BS  >:( (them, not you  :hug: )

I am a CP volunteer. The vouchers come from head office (the only help branches get from head office normally) so it isn't costing them a penny.

I hate jobsworths  >:( - the only thing that matters is that a cat is getting spayed - it doesn't matter which cat  :Crazy: - I have heard of another branch where the person in charge of vouchers is holding them back - they are no friends of the cats  >:(

I know of a small rescue here in Kent that get all her vouchers from another branch of CP no problem - they are there to be used!

Rant over

Thanks for all you are doing for these cats/kittens  :hug: - and Lau  :hug:

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
They are sending me one for mine but not for the kittens.  For some reason my voucher is getting sent straight to the vets thats never happened before.  A few months back i asked for help with a heavly pregnant stray.  I couldnt take it in as a close friend had said someone was going to see if i could be report for having over 11 cats.  I got realy upset with this so i thats why i phonned them up.  I darent take her in so i got another neighbour too whos husband went beserk and called me all the names under the sun.  She had to let her out as her son was allergic i didnt know this but the cats protection came around and of course she wasnt there she then said it was my problem.  I did take her in for one night on a tues the same woman came back on the wednesday she had 5 kittens on the friday.  It was the same woman that i spoke too tonight.  We do have a cat around here that is owned that is a prolific breeder but the owner wont get him neutered as she doesnt want too upset him

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Kado, PM me your address - I can get a reduced cost voucher sent to you. I've managed it before in the past (I'm not part of the CP, I just always get sent a voucher if I ask), so I've no idea why they aren't offering you help.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
The cats protection wont help at all.  They phonned me back up tonight and told me to tell you to contact the cats protection national number as they have no vouchers.  They also said it is upto who ever takes them in ie the rescue to pay.  They dont think its fair if they pay and then who ever gets them gets a donation for them so there losing money.  I verymuch doubt if they will put the mum on a waiting list at all either. I also explained how the female cat stomach was that it bubbles when touched and she said it could be worms or didnt know what i was on about.

The kittens are fine.  The black and white boy is asleep on my settee.  The black boy is cuddled upto the female.  I found my garfield who is around 6wks younger fast asleep on one of them.  They eat fine.  Totaly litter train and they cover it up.  I realy feel sorry for the mum.  When i picked them up yesterday they said she had gone missing on bonfire night.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Oh for the love of God :Crazy:   What is wrong with these people???  :censored:

She has to be spayed. That's priority. Can you speak to CP about her and get a voucher for spaying.
Ask if she can go on their (and other rescues) waiting list to come in for rehoming when they have space.

Some people should never be allowed animals!

Thankyou for all you have done and are doing Kado. How are the little ones today?

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Just found out about the mummy of the kittens.  When they left the house they where living to where they have moved too they left the mum even though it was around the corner.  The next door neighbour has got it and doesnt like cats but can not let it starve but does not want her either.  She isnt speyed either. 

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Well done everyone and Lau you are a star  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
i will definately let you know hun x

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Lau that would be brilliant.  My cats are not bothered at all.  The kittens are realy friendly to dogs as well.  When you find out when they can come too you please can you pm me then i will give you my telephone number.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Oh Lau, that is amazing news  :wow:

Fingers crossed and THANKYOU!!! xx

Link to CatChat