Author Topic: URGENT ~ 3 UNNEUTERED 6MTH KITTENS BEING THREATENED WITH PTS OR DUMPING ~ HULL (SORTED)  (Read 14871 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
i'm looking to swap a shift at work so i can collect them my self. will let you know what happens, i may even be able to rope a friend or family member in to help me. my vet is brilliant so spey/castrations can be done here. i'm just trying to sort the house out so i have somewhere safe for them to go away from the prying eyes of my cats!

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
Well done :)

Sometimes it can take a while to pull a transport run together so if there's any chance they can be neutered asap grab it with both hands ;)

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Just phonned the branch up.  I very much doubt they will be able to spey and neuter before they go.  I did tell them that the female could be pregnant.  Some else will get back to me later.

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
The local branch knows about these kittens.  I asked them first.  I will phone her later. 

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Aww they sound delightful :Luv2:

Kado ~ Would it be worth you getting in contact with your local CP and explaining the situation and asking if they will cover the costs to get these kitties neutered asap. Boys especially recover so quickly it could all be over for them in a couple of days. One less thing for Lau to worry about at her end. Also if the girl kitty is pregnant provided she isn't too far along they can still spey and abort any kittens (very sad to even think about but there are just sooo many cats and too few homes  :'( )

How big are they? Would they all fit in one large carrier?  It would only be for about 2 1/2 hrs after all.

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
When you touch her tummy it feels like there's little bubbles bursting or popping.  The owner said they wormed her last friday and i know your not supposed to worm a pregnant cat.  They had a good night and realy do sleep well.  They are the most affectionate cats i have ever seen.  2 like wet food the other dry.  One crys the other 2 come running.  They fell asleep last night all together on my settee.  They also like playing with toys and love a cuddle.  As far as i can see they do not have any flea's, there coats are ok and they are litter trainned as well.  They are also fascinated with the dish washer.  I am also worried that i havent got any carriers for them when they go. 

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
Well done for rescuing them so far, I hope the little girl isn't pregnant, but even to My inexperienced eye she has got a big belly.
They are gorgeous but then I have a soft spot for the black, black and whites.

Lau I hope you can sort out the transport run.

Nicky

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
I have now started a transport request thread in the relevant section.
If anyone can help PLEASE post there.
 :thanks:

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
sorry i've had a 12 hour shift in work today. i'm in widnes, cheshire. the poor things, they look so sweet. if she is pregnant, we'll sort something out too. can anyone help with transport at all?

Hi Lau,

That's not too bad a distance is it (according to Google Maps anyway).
I'm not a Purrs regular so not sure what members are located close enough to be able to help but (I think) there's a special folder for transport requests here so will try and get a thread started there to pull something together.
You could also start a thread on CC (in Rescue & Rehoming) stating both locations in the title to see if we have any members nearby who would be prepared to help.

I am SO happy these kitties are safe now.
 :thanks: to the 2 of you these babes will have the chance of a good life.

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Thank you.  There safe here and there fine.  Dont panick as long as something can be organised its ok.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
sorry i've had a 12 hour shift in work today. i'm in widnes, cheshire. the poor things, they look so sweet. if she is pregnant, we'll sort something out too. can anyone help with transport at all?

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
  No 1

This is No 1

Number 2

This is number 3.  I also think she could be pregnant.  I hope not
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 16:49:11 PM by kado »

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
I don't know how to post photo's here sorry  :(

There are pics on CC for anyone who wants to take a peep though...they are lovely :)

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
Well done for helping these three and good on your OH for agreeing to help (I know how hard it can be to get them onside)!! I hope a foster home/rescue placement can be found for them asap
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Good on you for taking them in and   :welcome:  to the forum
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
How do you post pictures

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
One black female a black male and a black and white male.  Letting them settle in then i will take some photos realy are friendly one is asleep on the settee as well.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Thank God they are safe  :hug:

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
I have got them.  OH said i could get them.  Will post picture later

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Would it be worth sending Lau a PM just in case she's missing the updates on this thread? Although she maybe only gets online in the evening.
Still...wouldn't hurt would it?

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
OH is a she not a he.  Just been around too the house and they still have them.  One of the black ones is a girl and realy friendly as well.  There bringing them around tomorrow night at 8pm they realy are dog friendly.  They have a realy old staffy and there not frieghtend off her.  OH said how long before someones comes i said the wk end.  I said i need food and somewhere for them to sleep which they are providing.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Excellant News -

I feel  awuful that I cant help in any way.  :( :(

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
That's great news  :wow:

Hopefully Lau will be back on soon and we can take it from there.

Tell your OH he's a star  :hug:

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
My OH says i can as long its only for a few days.

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
I will ask OH i very much doubt it though.  Sounds awful how long do you think i would have to foster them for.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Kado are you able to take them in for a couple of days to give us more time on this?
If you show your OH the threads he will see that people are trying to help with this and it won't be a long term thing.

Offline kado

• Adult Cat
  • Maisey Moo.
Hello every one.  I am the neighbour who is trying to get homes for these kittens.  They are lovely and realy friendly.  I wish i could take them even temperary but OH wont let me.  I last spoke to the owner last wednesday and said give me a wk to see if i can help.  What else can i do.  I just cant see these healthy kittens put down or dumped.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Where are you based Lau ?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:16:46 AM by suecav »

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Thankyou so much  :hug:

The original poster on Cat Chat has seen your very kind offer and has registered with Purrs but is awaiting confirmation. She doesn't drive so it looks like a transport run will have to be arranged.

http://www.catchat.org/forum/discus/show.cgi?17/303679

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
they can come to my house for the short term but can anyone help with travel? i'm in work all week so it's unlikely i will be able to collect them myself. i can get the female speyed too and atleast their jabs started.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
Hi,

I'm crossposting this from Cat Chat
http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/17/303679.html?1289814381

URGENT HELP NEEDED can anyone get down to hull and save these kittens?there
are 3 of them a friends neighbours cats 2 boys black and black/white
girl they're about 6 months old haven't been neautered or sprayed or had
their vacs.owner is threatning to have them put to sleepPLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP THESE KITTENSmessage me an...d i will give...... my friend your details to get in contact with you

If anyone can help, please let me know so I can pass your details on - this will be done through private messaging & your info will not appear on facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are not mine but a neighours. I am a facebook friend who is trying to help. The kittens are aprox. 6months old. The owner has tried for a few weeks to get me too take them. I would if i could but i have 15 cats myself. I have tried all the cats protections in my area. The local one said all the other rescues are full. There is cats waiting to go at the pdsa as well. He said if no one can take them its either the vets to be pts or take them too the river bank. I dont know what too doo. They are realy friendly cats and are let out. My main concern is the female who isnt speyed getting pregnant. I gave the owners all the numbers on here and all the other ones that i know. Help

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 13:43:00 PM by suecav »

Link to CatChat