Author Topic: Lost Lia at Welcome Break Service - M11 Bishops Stortford, Herts - FOUND SAFE  (Read 46266 times)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
I've now added a comment to the online newspaper article, thanking everyone who helped in the search for Lia...including purrs of course  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Great piece in the paper and its just such a fantastic story  ;D

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mindy & Honey
Aahh, you mean on the Herts Essex Observer website. Yes indeed. Will let you have names.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
So am I, Sue  :evillaugh:

On the online bit there is a 'write a comment' section, so I thought it might be a good place to ensure that everyone who has played a part gets a mention  :wow:  Will give it a go later/tomorrow if you can send me a list of the people you have liaised with  :wow:

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
Absolutely, go ahead, but not sure where you mean, Alison. I will email you with my "credits"...

...but later- I'm supposed to be working.

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
We are hugely grateful to Sabrina for her donation,  :thanks: and yes, Mark, it's going to the branch involved. As everyone says, it's just fantastic to have a happy ending.

Thanks for posting the link - it wasn't online yesterday when the paper came out but it's in the actual paper too!

Hope we can hear soon of Lia's progress. She seemed in remarkably good shape considering all she's been through.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
I *think* Sabrina has been in touch with Sue for that very reason, Mark  :wow:

Time to use the 'comments' section on the website to give a full list of credits, I reckon  :evillaugh: 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
This is such a great story with a happy ending which is rare these days  :)

Maybe this is naughty of me to suggest, but if you are making a donation, it might be put to better use by donating directly to the branch involved  :shy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Bless you Sabrina that's a lovely gesture, I'm sure Cats Protection will be very grateful.  Thank you too for sorting me out so quickly with the vets bill cost - much appreciated.  Please do let us know how Lia is getting on, I hope she is settling back down well in her old house  :wow:

For anyone interested, fame at last  :evillaugh: http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/Bishops-Stortford/Moggy-who-went-missing-on-M11-turns-up-after-three-months.htm

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
What a lovely thing to do Sabrina  :hug: Yours and Lia's situation certainly captured our hearts, I must admit after a few weeks I thought there was no chance of you being reunited with her being lost so close to the motorway. Am very pleased to be wrong!  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Ahhh what a lovely thing to do Sabrina ..... I'm sure the Cats Protection will be very grateful for the donation  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sabrinabitzer

• Kitten
  • Slave to: lia
Hello!
 I just want to say thank you again.  I dont know how many people were involved in helping to find Lia. Unfortunately I cant say thank you to everyone in particular. So I just want to thank all of you! I thought the best way is to give a donation to cats protection. I really appreciate the effort to find a cat which isnt your own. Sorry about the english. I think you understand that I am just grateful! :) THANK YOU!!! Sabrina, Ruben and LIA   :Luv2:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
OMG what totally fantastic news - well done to all of you involved in finding Lia  :hug: what a huge relief

What brilliant news for Christmas - maybe Lias Dad could join Purrs and let us know how she is doing?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
It's like movie credits isn't it - so many people to thank, a definite team effort  :wow:

Lia set off back to Lincoln with her daddy at about 8.15pm so hopefully she should be home again within an hour or so  :wow:  Her daddy was definitely very pleased to see her and I'm sure she will be well cared for before she is able to be reuinted with her mum and sister in Germany  :wow:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
I really can't believe that this has had such a happy ending.  Well done to everyone involved for keeping going and not giving up. You're all amazing people!  :hug:

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
Honourable mention too I think to the local lady who spotted her in the car park and then recognised her from the poster in the vets (which I was thinking - how long do I leave it up there?) and got in touch....

Plus the Bishop's Stortford Golf Club manager who let me ride in the golf buggy to set the trap and ordered her greenkeepers to check it for a week (sadly without result).
:Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
This is amazing. Well done to all of you. What a wonderful rescue!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
:1st place:

Fluffybunny, I here by bestow on you the Purrs Award of Thoroughly Decent Egg for services to cat rescue and international relations.

You may rise...  :naughty:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Just wonderful and makes my heart smile  ;D

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Alison - That is wonderful - assume everything went ok at the vets today?

It would be great if you could keep in touch with Sabrina and let us know when Lia finally achieves the journey to Germany that she started a few months ago.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Lia will be reunited with her dad and her former house tomorrow  :wow:  I'm so pleased, this time tomorrow she should be in a familiar house with someone that she knows  :wow:  I really hope that she settles down very well and I would love to keep in touch with Sabrina and hear how Lia continues  :Luv2:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
Just seen this...

O M G

A M A Z I N G

Well done to everyone involved...what brilliant work you all did.

So happy for everyone and Lia
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Good heavens!  :wow:

Very, very well done to all involved... I think this is a great contender for the Purrs Christmas Story!  :snowball1:

:chicken: :narna dance: :narna dance: :narna dance: :chicken:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
Fantastic news, well done everyone involved in her rescue :wow:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Well done all those peeps  ;D

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Hi Sabrina - I have just sent you a personal message on here - would be grateful if you could get back to me asap please  :wow:  (I only type this here because I know it's hard to notice the new message box sometimes).

It sounds like a good solution that she goes back to Lincs for now, at least that way she can recover from her experience in familiar surroundings before travelling again, and it also makes it easier for you to work out when to make the longer journey.

Offline sabrinabitzer

• Kitten
Just grateful....... 

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Almost unbelievable, after all this time I never thought she'd turn up!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
Doh!

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
Here are some pictures of her capture! I hope. ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I second that and so pleased that Sabrina now knows the wonderful news  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
CAT PEOPLE REALLY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sabrinabitzer

• Kitten
Hey Sue

thats a good idea!! Yeah, Lia will stay with my exboyfriend in the house where she used to live in Lincoln for now. He is very happy about that and I am sure he will take care of her. Its not easy just to travel to London from here ( its about 14 hours by car ). Thats why I cant pick her right now. But its nice you write this article. Thank you! xxx  :hug:

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
Sorry Sabrina, just read your post again. Lia will be going to live with your friend in Lincolnshire for now???

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
Hi Sabrina

I want to get this story in our local newspaper because Tan I think it was got an article in there initially. Everyone in Bishop's Stortford who was involved in the publicity that I've told so far that we did is s-o-o-o pleased. It will be a follow up to thank Alison and the guy at the services and to get a bit of publicity for Cats Protection that I'm involved with. Can I say that Lia will be going home to Germany to live with her owner? I'll post the photos of her rescue soon.

The man from Animal Search UK will email you to get her listing taken off.

Sue

Offline sabrinabitzer

• Kitten
Alright, I will call you after 7 pm! x   :hug: :thanks: :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Thank goodness you have finally heard the news Sabrina!!  Yes I am at work at the moment, my terrible German didn't extend as far as explaining that to your dad I'm afraid!  I will pick Lia up from the vets later and take her back to my mum-in-law's house where she is safe for as long as she needs to stay there and I will speak to you later.  I should be home about 7pm GMT.  Hugs xxx

Offline sabrinabitzer

• Kitten
Oh dear, thats amazing! iam crying because i am so happy! I am soooooooooooooo grateful for all the people try to find her, my special thanks goes to Alison. I tried to call you but you were not available. I dont know how i should thank you properly. I will try to call you again later. I have a friend who will stay with her for now( in the house she used to live before ) He will pick her. Well, I will call you later!!! Love you so much !!!  ;D  :hug:  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Its just amazing!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
This was the first thread I checked this morning, hoping to see that Sabrina had got the good news. I really can't get over the fact that you have her! The power of the internet eh  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
what amazing news!

Link to CatChat