Author Topic: Lost Lia at Welcome Break Service - M11 Bishops Stortford, Herts - FOUND SAFE  (Read 46263 times)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
...and microchip confirms what we already knew, that this is definitely Lia  :wow:

I've left her at the vets for the day, they are going to give her a proper check over including checking for (hopefully no) signs of pregnancy.  The nurse did say that she didn't seem in too bad a condition considering how long she's been out.

I still haven't managed to get hold of Sabrina - I spoke to her dad this morning though - between my German and his English (which was far better than my German)  we established that Sabrina wasn't home and that I have Lia ("Katze Lia, ich habe  :rofl:) but not much else.  Fingers crossed I get to talk to Sabrina very soon!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:11:27 AM by fluffybunny »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I'm sure it is her  :Luv2:

Re tortie survival, Sharon told me Alice survived 'several years' living under a boat in someone's front garden - and with her tummy problems and cancer. She didn't have an ounce of aggression in her either.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
This is such an appropriate Xmas gift and a fitting end of our auction for Lost Cats Brighton.

She looks incredible in that video and oh yes so definately the right cat.

Torties must have a special survival instinct I reckon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
I've just checked out her other pics Edd linked to - those beautiful little distinctive toes definitely belong to Lia  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

There was a piece in the local paper (sadly not on their website tho) when she went missing so going to try for a follow up this week but it'd be nice to have a conclusion - "Lia flies home" or somesuch. Watch this space!! :wow:

Good idea about the article, I can see the headlines 'Cat Lovers Utd win the ultimate prize!'  ;D The previous article was on the online edition, Tan posted a screenprint here http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34187.msg610077.html#msg610077

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mindy & Honey
There was a piece in the local paper (sadly not on their website tho) when she went missing so going to try for a follow up this week but it'd be nice to have a conclusion - "Lia flies home" or somesuch. Watch this space!! :wow:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Alison and Sue oh my Gowd hunnies what a fantastic wonderful news tonight and what bloomin wonderful stars you both are. I could hug you both for a lifetime  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You don't know how much this means, i am sooo amazed she is do friendly after so long out there and in the snow  :( :(

Does she seem skinny to you?  Looks well  ;D

Well done both of you  :thanks: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
I know - every time I drove past the services, which I do often, and especially during the last week when it's been so cold...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
 :omg: I officially have tears in my eyes! I felt so sorry for Sabrina, not to mention poor Lia - lost, alone, cold, hungry and frightened  :(

This is just the best news ever - massive pats on the back to all involved  :gold stars: Can't believe how friendly she is! My boys would be hiding under the bed for sure!

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
Seems she was pretty much an indoor cat too, so it's even more amazing. I guess she stayed around the Services all the time as there was food in the way of discarded takeways, and warmth. Perhaps the sightings a bit further away on the golf course were spurious, even so it was encouraging that people were reporting, but we'll never know if it was her. We were a bit worried that she might have picked up a poisoned rat as well as they put down poisoned bait around the services.  She is unspayed so all bits X'd she's not pregnant; hopefully where she was there's not too many unneutered males of the feline variety.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Oh wow thats made me so happy :)

Brilliant!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Thats absolutely brilliant.   ;D   Well done everybody.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Well done Alison and Sue - what stars you both are and of course the person who contacted you.

Looks like Lia to me - from the other pictures on the animal search listing http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/view_lost_pet.php?id=21241 and as you say the microchip will confirm.

Hope all goes well at the vet tomorrow  :hug: :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Yes I'm quite sure it's her - I have several other photos which Sabrina sent me.  Vet check tomorrow will confirm with the microchip anyway but what are the chances of picking up another longhaired tortoiseshell with the same markings at the same services!

Mark I can't believe how chilled she is either, I was expecting a terrified feral cat but she has behaved just like any other 'normal' cat...pottering about, using the litter tray, lying on her back with legs in the air, being very friendly and happy - I think she must just be very relieved to be in the warm again!

I text Sabrina earlier but I have not heard back from her yet, I also text her a couple of days ago and told her we were about to set a trap and she replied then so I know she is around.  I will give her a buzz on her home number tomorrow if I haven't managed to make contact before then.

Oh yes the story...well about 6 weeks or so ago we had a possible sighting over the golf course - it seemed plausible because the house was at the end of a ditch line which ran straight from the services.  Tried a trap over there and got nothing - re-leafleted and got a couple of calls which again came to nothing (one had seen a similar cat but she had a white front, another wanted to know if I wanted a kitten instead) and then a long period of nothing...until last week when someone rang to say they had seen her at the services the week before but couldn't catch her - they live local and saw the poster in the vets so rang me a week later.  (just goes to show how important it is to keep those posters up!) so we got back in contact with the services and it turns out that Lia had been seen there for about the past month...staff had been feeding her and hoping to just catch her, but as they hadn't been able to they got in contact a few days ago.  So Sue from the local Cats Protection who has been doing a brilliant job of helping me and sorting stuff out (because she has the cats protection logo on her email it seems to make more people listen than just me with my hotmail account!) got hold of a trap.  Mr Barista from Starbucks at the services got the necessary management permission for us to set the trap and made arrangements for it to be monitored; we set the trap this morning, and by 3.30pm - bingo!   :wow:

Little vid  :wow: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v117/AlisonA/?action=view&current=037-1.mp4

I am a happy cat who will sleep well tonight  :wow:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 23:11:43 PM by fluffybunny »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thats definately her  ;D

So please tell us the story and I still cant believe how she has survived but then she is a tortie  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
 :) Incredible. Does Sabrina know yet?

I can't believe how chilled she seems  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Am sitting here with me gob open just speachless  :o.

Absolutely fantastic news  :yesss: :yesss: :yesss:

Have to ask.  Are you quite sure it's her?  Blimey just seen pics.  Gotta be her  :) :) :) 

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
fantastic news :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Incredible. I have been really sad each time I see her photo. To think she survived all that terrible weather - I wonder what she has been eating? -  I bet Sabrina will be happily shocked  :) - Well done everyone  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Lost Lia at Welcome Break Service - M11 Bishops Stortford, Herts
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2010, 21:39:40 PM »
OMG what a wonderful happy ending.  I assume Sabrina knows ... I bet she believe it can she!

Well done everyone for your hardwork on this one  :hug:  I'm so please a purrs person found her  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2010, 21:28:51 PM »
What a wonderfuk Christmas present and well done you and your persistance a lovely wonderful ending ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Online Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2010, 21:08:30 PM »
I really didn't think she would ever be found, so this is such fantastic news
 :dance: :yayyy: :chicken:

and for all those who helped find and catch her  :gold stars:

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2010, 20:29:30 PM »
that is fabulous news.     Well done everyone!     
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2010, 20:17:06 PM »
What do you get if you cross a "local cat lover", Cats Protection and a Barista?  A very happy ending  :evillaugh:  Will update properly after I've had some dinner and calmed down, but it culminated in a trap being set at about 11am today and by 3.30pm she was in it!  Currently settled down in my mother-in-law's spare room; she has had some food, used the litter tray, groomed, rolled around on her back, purred, cuddled up to us and generally been behaving not at all like a cat which has been stray for 3 months! 

:wow:

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2010, 19:05:06 PM »
Made my weekend! I have notified National Pet Register & local lists & posted on Cat Chat. I leave Alison to tell the story, which involved a few dead ends........ ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2010, 18:57:21 PM »
That is so fantastic , i am so pleased for you all. :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:
Who found her , would like to know more  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2010, 18:56:49 PM »
My goodness thats brilliant...................tell us the story please  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2010, 18:54:00 PM »
 :wow: that is just brilliant news! I'm so pleased.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2010, 18:49:05 PM »
OMG that's so amazing!! In time for Christmas as well! I'm so happy that Lia got a happy ending!  ;D

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2010, 18:47:06 PM »
 OMG  Was only thinking about her the other day
:yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Tell us more :allears:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2010, 18:34:13 PM »
can't believe i am typing this. i have lia! she is purring and happy and about to have her first warm night for 3 months :-)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2010, 17:25:10 PM »
I think setting a trap is a good idea personally I have caught 2 boys this year we had never seen and we have infra red at our feeding stations to monitor our outside crew

I'm sure the services could help by checking the trap it would just mean that someone would have to go look it the trap was tripped

Am sure the services staff could be shown how to reset the trap as this could be good publicitiy for them helping find a lost cat - local paper their website etc

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 17:11:23 PM »
Liz, I spoke to my CP Homing & Welfare officer about trapping and she was somewhat discouraging - she didn't really think it was practical without a sighting, and someone would have to go up there twice a day to check.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2010, 10:29:46 AM »
We were talking while we were up there about how useful a pair of infra-red goggles would be in places like this - so much dense shrubbery that she could easily be about 6" from your feet and you'd never know.  I found a pair on ebay for £20 but alas the bids took it up to about £45 at the last minute.  Don't suppose anyone has a pair lying around that they'd like to lend us  :evillaugh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2010, 18:49:59 PM »
I would if poss try setting a couple of traps for a week or so and see what you catch just cause you can't see her doesn't mean she has moved to far
 :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2010, 18:18:17 PM »
It was worth a try  :hug:

Fingers crossed there'll be a sighting somewhere so at least you have a lead to go on, I've said it before but it's so lovely of you to go out looking for her  :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2010, 11:20:48 AM »
Sue and I went up to the services yesterday evening for another look around - and again there is absolutely no sign of her  :'( 

There is so much undergrowth it really is like looking for a needle in a haystack and of course we don't even know if she is still there after 3 weeks.  So we think the best hope is to keep as much awareness raised as possible in the hope that someone, somewhere, spots her. 

Offline Sueh

• Adult Cat
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 20:56:13 PM »
You're right. Senior moment. Actually this one has been doing the rounds for a while and I've lost track. As you say, no harm in bumping it up.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 10:34:38 AM »
Just realised it wasn't on Cat Chat lost & found so have posted there as well.

It was on CC ... I think you replied to the original post http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/7/249094.html?1284163290  ;)  However can't do any harm to put it on again.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »
Thanks hun  :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat