Author Topic: Help this lady to find a rescue Siamese. Merseyside area - sorted  (Read 15688 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Help this lady to find a rescue Siamese. Merseyside area - sorted
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 15:23:20 PM »
Bless your little boy; it's nice to see children that have been taught how to respect animals.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: saffy, smokey, sowfee, sooty sweepy
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
RAMA is very freindly, and curious.  Saffy and ramma have had a cat kiss, i guess they smell each others lips, but then saffy backed off and hissed, which i was suprised about, as saffy is usuaklly laid back and doesnt bother with other cats. Rama keeps following him and sniffing his bum, so ive had to let saffy in another room. I hope it works out, although its only day 2.

Pics max my husband getting aquianted with rama

oliver my 2.5 year old toddler stroking him through the safety gate.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »
 ;D so wonderful to see   ;D ;D :Luv:

He and you all look so happy with each other  ;D

How is he getting on? Is Saffy ok with him  ;D What his personality like  ;D

Love to hear more and more pics  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 11:17:56 AM »
Hurrah! :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 22:45:52 PM »
Many congratulations.  What a very handsome boy  :Luv2: and so friendly  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: help this lady to find a rescue Siamese. Merseyside area - sorted
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 22:17:14 PM »
 ;D That's great news and love the photos  :Luv: :Luv:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 22:19:49 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Yay!!!

Am so pleased!!!  :Luv:

Hope Rama has a wonderful life with you both xx

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Great news  :hug:

Also great that you both love cats  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline kate g

• Adult Cat
Great news! Congratulations!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Wonderful news and he looks so at home already!

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
HI GUYS

I HAVE REHOMED RAMA AT LAST.

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Hi Sarah,

Yes I saw Rama on saturday, he is doing ok and looks a lot better. I managed to speak to Marian and I think she said she is going to call you very soon about him  :crossed:.

Let me know if it is good news when you hear from her ;D

Mojo

Add Glitter to Pictures

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
Hi Sassy, I am going to the rescue tomorrow so I will check on him and provide an update. He is lovely though  :Luv2:

Hi mojo

did you see rama today , how is he.

sarah

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Hi Sassy, I am going to the rescue tomorrow so I will check on him and provide an update. He is lovely though  :Luv2:

Add Glitter to Pictures

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
Saddly the cat i was going to see is no better after his course of antibiotics and continues to be unwell, so i have now started to look on the ragdoll website again. I remain positive.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Hi Sarah i would of thought most rescues what are well known would be okay with a other HC from another rescue. We would be okay ifit was us. Worth mentioning.
I mentioned the pointed face as ihave 2 traditional siamese.. rounded faces not so pointed. But its fine either way.. I just dont like the newer versions of siamese that are far removed from what i would call a siamese used to be..

Fingers crossed but do point out you have been homechecked it will make some difference and proves that you have remained keen to take on a rescue cat...
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
I am glad to see that things are moving along here.. Sarah i thought you were already homechecked as well?
He does look a very confident puss cat, very pointy face though! But still he is in need of a nice new home so fingers crossed!

Hi sharon, i had a home checker from the ragdoll cat rescue come the other week. But i thought all independant cat places liked to do their own checks, so i didnt evan think to mention that to marion. So a vet check feferance seemed just as good an idea to me, to save somebody else having to come all the way out to me, im pretty much in the middle of nowere.

Which cat do you mean has the pointed face, my old cat saffy or rama the 7 year old male ive been invited to come and have a look at.

I like that pointed face sleeky look the orientals and siamese have, and their trademark miaow, i love it. I know its not everybodys cup of tea their howly miaow, but i like that.

My freind grace came to see my yesterday and i havent seen her for many years now, and she was taken aback by saffy she thought i had a small panther in the house. haha

sarah xx :evillaugh:

Make your own Glitter Graphics
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 16:17:24 PM by sassybutterfly »

• Super Cat
I am glad to see that things are moving along here.. Sarah i thought you were already homechecked as well?
He does look a very confident puss cat, very pointy face though! But still he is in need of a nice new home so fingers crossed!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat

Myspace Glitter Graphics

my old cat saffy he is 10-12 years old

saffy

sarah xx
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:46:09 AM by sassybutterfly »

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
HI MOJO

I have spoken to marion, she has rang my vets for a referance, and is happy for my to come and view rama, ive just got to arrange a day to go and see him now. I did ring back in the evening and left a message to see if i could come on wednesday ( tommorow), but i havent heard back yet.

So fingers crossed, im very exited, it feels like christmas. ;D

sarah xx :thanks:

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
:welcome:

Hello

thank you for your kind welcome

sarah xx

p.s  how do you resize pictures so you can upload them on here, i tried to upload a picture of my old cat saffy but it says its too big.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
 :welcome:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Hi Sarah

I will check that Marion receives the email when I next see her, the rescue is extremely busy and sometimes it can take a while for someone to get back to you (generally only one person to hear messages and answer emails).

Thanks

Mojo x

Add Glitter to Pictures

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
Hi mojo

Ive just emailed mariones moggies, explaining ide like to rehome a siamese and were abouts i live, so ill just wait and see now.

thanks again

sarahxx :thanks:

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
Hi ide just like to add i did try looking for a differant type of pedigree, i had a home visit from a lovely lady and her husband they rehome ragdolls, they came and did a home visit a few weeks ago. I tryed expressing an intrest in ragdolls to be rehomed on their site, but i was told they had forgotten to mention that the cats need a quiet home without any kids. So i guess im gonna get that were ever i go.

So im gonna stick to my guns and im going to either rehome a siamese or ragdoll or ill end up buying one from the preloved website.

thank you to everybody for your help so far and all the differant links i have been given.

sarah xx
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:59:23 PM by sassybutterfly »

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
Hello,

I volunteer at the rescue below and we currently have a Siamese called Rama, I am not sure whether they think you will be too far away but perhaps worth a try eh? I can testify that he is really lovely and friendly and has apparently lived with dogs and children.

http://www.shropshirecatrescue.co.uk/index.php?c=460

Mojo xx

Hi thank you for the link i will certainly try and see what they say.

sarah xx

• Super Cat
Mojo can  you PM Sarah the lady in question. I am abit amazed.. Siamese are no different then any other puss cat and making it so difficult to rehome its amazed me how difficult rescues make it.. If i had this trouble with my 2 Siamese i would of gone elsewhere..  I was the person that put the advert on the tree sites as not many people are aware pedigrees do end up inrescue. We rehome 2 Bengals a few wks ago and i know of a Tonk as well looking for a home (bit SE way)..

With luck she manages to find something. Anyone going this far and trying her best deserves to find a lovely puss cat in the end.

Shame on some of those rescues mentioned, it no wonder breeders still have a thriving market if rescues make it sooooooo difficult.

Pedgirees may have distinct characters and traits but we should not put them on a pedastal and say that you cannot rehome a pedigree but you can a moggie.. There should be no difference.. If the cat suits the home then it matters not
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 20:39:34 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Hello,

I volunteer at the rescue below and we currently have a Siamese called Rama, I am not sure whether they think you will be too far away but perhaps worth a try eh? I can testify that he is really lovely and friendly and has apparently lived with dogs and children.

http://www.shropshirecatrescue.co.uk/index.php?c=460

Mojo xx

Add Glitter to Pictures

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
HI guys, i am that lady in question and there are no siamese in my area to be rehomed, and the rescues i have applied to further afield have said im not in their area, because most want to do home checks, ets.

I can assure you im not being picky as i havent evan been offerd 1 siamese let alone more than 1 to be chossy over.

And yes you probarbly will find posts off me all over cat sites, because i want to home a siamese. It is very frustrating for me, especially when i see so many wanting homes, there are loads in kent, but again they wont rehome to me im to far. I applied for one in bolton, and was told i was out of their area. Bolton is in the north west and so am i, so were does that leave me.

I have approached the north west siamese cat rescue a lady called pauline, and ive seen several advertised on her site, but i think because i have children, this is putting people of, pauline said she doesnt have a cat suitable for our familly. When my husband rang her up, she said she had one coming in this weekend, but the cat didnt like men.

I have rang a lady called margert walkden on the wirral and she doesnt have any either.

Beleive me this is quite an eye opener, id heard adopting kids was difficult, but pedigree cats is amazingly difficult.

I dont live by any main roads, i live in a country lane surrounded by farmers fields, i have a big back garden and plenty of land around the house.

Im in all day as i have young children, my husband works.

I have an old oriental cat aged 10-12 years old, ive had him 8 years now, i have been amazed at his tollerance, intelligence, he will get in the car withm me, he will come when i call him, i like his lith frame and wedgy shaped head, hence im looking for a similar type cat.

Now obviously he lives here with me and guess what so do the children, yes im being flippant now. but hey i think this is really what this is all about and i find it really ridiculouse. Children can add so much to a pets life, as can a pet ad so much to theirs.

Anyway ive tried, i saw an advert on preloved saying if your thinking of getting a cat why not rehome  one instead, well ive tryed and everybody i have approached for a siames has either said im to far away, they dont have one that would fit into a familly environment or they just dont have any.

thank you for reading

A big thank you to sharon in canterbury cat rescue  for trying to help me, evan though im not in your area either.

sarah xx

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
HI guys, i am that lady in question and there are no siamese in my area to be rehomed, and the rescues i have applied to further afield have said im not in their area, because most want to do home checks, ets.

I can assure you im not being picky as i havent evan been offerd 1 siamese let alone more than 1 to be chossy over.

And yes you probarbly will find posts off me all over cat sites, because i want to home a siamese. It is very frustrating for me, especially when i see so many wanting homes, there are loads in kent, but again they wont rehome to me im to far. I applied for one in bolton, and was told i was out of their area. Bolton is in the north west and so am i, so were does that leave me.

I have approached the north west siamese cat rescue a lady called pauline, and ive seen several advertised on her site, but i think because i have children, this is putting people of, pauline said she doesnt have a cat suitable for our familly. When my husband rang her up, she said she had one coming in this weekend, but the cat didnt like men.

I have rang a lady called margert walkden on the wirral and she doesnt have any either.

Beleive me this is quite an eye opener, id heard adopting kids was difficult, but pedigree cats is amazingly difficult.

I dont live by any main roads, i live in a country lane surrounded by farmers fields, i have a big back garden and plenty of land around the house.

Im in all day as i have young children, my husband works.

I have an old oriental cat aged 10-12 years old, ive had him 8 years now, i have been amazed at his tollerance, intelligence, he will get in the car withm me, he will come when i call him, i like his lith frame and wedgy shaped head, hence im looking for a similar type cat.

Now obviously he lives here with me and guess what so do the children, yes im being flippant now. but hey i think this is really what this is all about and i find it really ridiculouse. Children can add so much to a pets life, as can a pet ad so much to theirs.

Anyway ive tried, i saw an advert on preloved saying if your thinking of getting a cat why not rehome  one instead, well ive tryed and everybody i have approached for a siames has either said im to far away, they dont have one that would fit into a familly environment or they just dont have any.

thank you for reading

sarah xx

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
I am sure the rescue I gave her details of does her own homechecks, she does help hundreds of pedigrees each year.
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
This lady emailed me yesterday with photos of her home and cat.. and a few more details. I have given her some details of a few pedigrees in SE way.. Including a Birman that i know about in Guildford area.. So at least thats a start.. But yep it may be that she is way to picky and there isnt anything... But at least she found catchat... I hope something transpires and she fine with a HC being done by any rescue that has a suitable cat. I have put her in touch with local CP who seem to be fine to help out doing HC if no other rescue is able too..

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I have given her the number of the pedigree rescue I know on the wirral, fingers crossed for her. It might not be rescues making things hard though, as she is after a certain breed, it could simply be there are none in her area (we get very few pedigrees in, and the ones we do get in are Persians), or they could have issues with the children.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Sharon i dont think its unreasonable for a rescue to cover a certain area, afterall many cats wouldnt happily travel across the country and i think as some cases have highlighted how do you trust someone you dont know that the homecheck was passed properly? Theres a lot of trust to be put in that.
Maybe the M road has put some places off?
Her local rescues may well not have siamese available and she doesnt state that breed clubs and rescues have been contacted

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Check out Stevie in "Cats needing homes", trigger.

I'll look around, Sharon. ;)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Well I am hoping to adopt a posh cat soon so nuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to her! :P

all this cloak and dagger stuff .....................  :allears: :allears:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
she has posted on CC as well.

Yes she has I posted the link to Pedigree rescues this morning (thought it sounded familiar)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Well I am hoping to adopt a posh cat soon so nuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to her! :P

• Super Cat
Just a though no rescue or branch should make adopting a puss cat so difficult and time consuming that people then get the idea that rescues dont want their cats being rehomed. I know ofseveral that put so many obstacles in front of people its not surprising people give up or turn to other ways of adopting.. Okay homechecks will put some off, but thats just it.. Genuine people who at least understand the reason it done.. But if i was looking for a puss cat and got told i was too far away even if i was prepared to travel, i would be pretty miffed!!
So i can understand her frustration!!
Rescues are in competetion if you see what i mean with all sort of  other ways to get a animal, so lets not make it impossible for those that are really trying to help by adopting a rescue puss cat!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I actually do know a pedigree rescue on the Wirral, but dont have her number to hand - she has posted on CC as well.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat