Author Topic: POOR LITTLE CAT.  (Read 14741 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: POOR LITTLE CAT.
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 16:39:22 PM »
Oops when my daughter was 5 she had a 50cc Italjet, mind you she was always taken onto a country park or when we went to the Isle  of Man she used to ride on the beach in the evenings  which you could do at TT time.

I have absolutely NO problem with kids having stuff like that. What I do object to is two lads of around 15 tramming up the pavement right next to our house and then zooming down the middle of the road. Not only is it noisy, it's also bloomin' dangerous! And to add insult to injury, they live two streets away and come onto our street especially to use the bike! >:( They're what we consider to be "problem" kids. One of my friends gave them verbal both barrels once(not how I'd have dealt with them, but he was being antagonised)and their mother came out and told him off for "shouting at her kids!" Their parents basically let them run riot and if anyone tries to do anything, shout at whoever is attempting to discipline their children.

In fact, what happened to this poor cat...well, let's just say I wouldn't put it past them. And I do feel that it would be the parents fault on this particular case, having seen how much structure they get from them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 16:40:58 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 15:20:54 PM »
Yes the little one seems to be coming along very nicely thank you. Wonderful what 24 hours on a drip will do. All bloods were fine and also FeLV & FELV test clear.

Excellent news.

No need for food, shelter and TLC to be perscribed, that comes automatically, with us anyway.

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 15:09:26 PM »
I'd want to try and compensate her for the treatment she has endured, somehow.

I know exactly what you mean, and my feelings too,
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 15:01:46 PM »
Leaving aside my thoughts about the children (with difficulty) does that mean that the little cat has been given the provisional all-clear by the vet and has been prescribed food, shelter and TLC?

Yes the little one seems to be coming along very nicely thank you. Wonderful what 24 hours on a drip will do. All bloods were fine and also FeLV & FELV test clear. No need for food, shelter and TLC to be perscribed, that comes automatically, with us anyway.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 14:39:14 PM »
Leaving aside my thoughts about the children (with difficulty) does that mean that the little cat has been given the provisional all-clear by the vet and has been prescribed food, shelter and TLC?

Brilliant news about the potential home, Ela. This is the sort of cat I'd want to adopt myself - I'd want to try and compensate her for the treatment she has endured, somehow.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 13:00:35 PM »
I'm currently sat having to endure listening to a mini motorbike

Oops when my daughter was 5 she had a 50cc Italjet, mind you she was always taken onto a country park or when we went to the Isle  of Man she used to ride on the beach in the evenings  which you could do at TT time.

I think the Police have the powers nowadays to confiscate the bikes  if ridden on the streets and rightly so in my opinion. I know some Police forces have been doing this for a time now.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »
id like to find them and  :censored: swing them by there necks the little :censored:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 12:34:31 PM »
Yeayyyy. A new home being offered that quickly. Wonderful. :)

Little sods. It makes me really annoyed, I grew up in a fairly rough area and would never have dreamed of treating an animal that way, and still wouldn't obviously!

I'm currently sat having to endure listening to a mini motorbike due to two young lads driving it up and down the street repeatedly....aggghhh!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:41:21 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
Just found out this morning the little bu :censored: ers were swinging the poor little soul round by its neck. Anyway the good news is Donna can pick it up from the vets and even better news is that if the owner does not turn up (we usually give 2 weeks) someone who was in the vets yesterday has just rung me  and offered it a home. Bless. Not so many people want an old cat with one eye and possibly deaf.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:22:30 PM by Ela »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 22:04:44 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed for the cat Ela, and good on the garage and the dog walker for helping.
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 18:51:02 PM »
id tackle any youths or teenagers without my dog no problem im a big girl and beleive me if i saw any youths mistreating anyone or anything id have words believe me ,even if it was a 6ft7 guy id still tackle em .

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 17:34:05 PM »
:scared:

Helps

I should get myself a few big dogs and tackle some of the teenagers round here  :evillaugh:

lol feel free to come tackle the  :censored: 's round here
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 17:32:15 PM »
 :scared:

Helps

I should get myself a few big dogs and tackle some of the teenagers round here  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 16:55:10 PM »
I takes a lot of guts even to tackle some kids now.

If you knew the size of her dogs you would be scared, very scared.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 16:53:16 PM »
Poor little soul .... sending lots of positive thoughts that it will be OK.

Also a great bit  :thanks: and :grouphug: to the dog walker.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 16:38:41 PM »
Hearing so many bad things lately, it shows there are good people around - I'm so happy for the poor cat - one of the lucky ones  :catluv:

I agree Ela, so many people are scared to intervene when they see bad things now. I takes a lot of guts even to tackle some kids now. If a grown up told us off when we were kids we were petrified.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 16:16:56 PM »
but I hope the little cat can be helped.

Of out vet feels that the little one can have a quality life, then no matter how much it costs us, we will pay and hopefully find a home that the little one deserves.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 15:53:25 PM »
I am not going to allow myself to dwell on what was going through those children's minds (thank goodness for the dog walker) but I hope the little cat can be helped.

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 15:50:05 PM »
awww poor little thing
i hope all goes ok

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 15:14:24 PM »
of course they might have been well meaning kids and just petting it not realising they were probably frightening it.

Knowing of the area they live, I think the Jury is out on that one.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 15:15:34 PM by Ela »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 15:13:01 PM »
I hope the police were contacted and these kids get a good beating! .

The chance would be a fine thing. What I cannot understand is why were they not at school? I mean when we played hooky or whatever you call it nowadays we used to go to a friends dad house cos we knew he would be out all day. I always remember I and 2 friends did it for a week, On the Friday Mum found out and made me stay in my room all weekend.  On the Monday she took me to school and told the Headmistress what we 3 had done. I though that it the cane, but all the headmistress said to me was right Elaine off you go to your class room and tell Mary and Marianne I want to see them. When then came back to the class they had been given the cane. I felt so guilty.

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 15:12:37 PM »
Poor baby, I hope all goes well for it now xxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 15:07:41 PM »
of course they might have been well meaning kids and just petting it not realising they were probably frightening it.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 15:05:35 PM »
what a shame ela, I do hope it is ok.
Thank goodness the garage gave her the petrol.

can just imagine what the kids were going to do but partially sighted and deaf..it must have been pertrified having been passed around.. A card of thanks to that dog walker woman i think what a star she was intervening and not just "minding her own business"

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 15:05:07 PM »
I hope the police were contacted and these kids get a good beating! . Poor kitty - safe now but who knows what would have happened if the lady wasn't around. When we were kids, we would have taken a stray to the police station or at least taken it home for our mum to sort out.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
POOR LITTLE CAT.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 14:57:54 PM »
I received a phone call this morning from a lady who said she was walking her dogs in a woods when she noticed some kids in a den, also inside was a cat that they were passing round, she asked who the cat belonged to and the den fell silent. So she took the cat off the kids. I Immediately contacted Donna one of my fosterers who lives near the lady and she went to collect the little one. Poor thing it only has one eye, is emaciated and might be deaf.  She put it straight in the van and as she was approaching Town realized to her horror that there was very little petrol and she had no money on her. She pulled into a petrol station and asked if she could have petrel as she needed to get to the vet urgently, fortunately as it was our CP van they realized it was genuine and  let her have petrol and took her watch as a deposit. The little one is now on a drip and having bloods 'done'. Fingers crossed that we got the cat on time.

This was the second emergency of the day, fortunately the first one was chipped and its owner soon found.

Link to CatChat