Author Topic: POOR LITTLE CAT.  (Read 14742 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: POOR LITTLE CAT.
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2007, 13:17:05 PM »
if i was a fosterer id be tempted to keep the ones like nelson that have really really had a bad time to ensure

If we did that we would have over 1000 cats at any time. You cannot keep them no matter how endearing they are as you would soon be so full you would be able to take in any more. The idea of rescue is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2007, 12:20:17 PM »
Ive Just been on Ela`s site
nelson is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful bless him , i bet it wont be long before he finds his forever home , if i was a fosterer id be tempted to keep the ones like nelson that have really really had a bad time to ensure he will never ever go through anything bad ever again , he is so sweet  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: the music on Ela`s site makes me feel sad espec on the rehoming pages  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
Glad Stanley's got a new home.  His markings look quite unusual.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »
He is adorable. We said at the time, if there was any way possible we would have adopted him ourselves. Even willow who hates other cats (including my other ones) wasn't bothered by him. He was hissing at her though and we have had a lot of stress issues with her (had the carper cleaner out 3 times this week!) so couldn't risk it. When I 1st picked him up, he was rubbing faces and purring - the perfect kitty  :Luv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2007, 11:52:33 AM »
Awwwww mark he is lovely
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »
There was a cat I collected for Sharon a few weeks ago. The woman said he had been hanging round for days. I asked her if she had fed him. she said "no, I didn't want to encourage it". Also Sharon asked her if she could put him somewhere safe until he could be collected as she lived on a main road but she said she didn't want to put him in the shed as he would feel trapped and it would affect him  :Crazy: . He ate 3 pouches of food before nodding off in my kitchen!. Sharon said the woman called last week to ask if she could adopt him - guess what Sharon said? (Stanley has been homed anyway  ;D )

Pic of Stanley after his feed - he nicked Willow's chair  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 11:21:46 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2007, 10:54:51 AM »
Thanks for the update and posting the picture Ela. Nelson is adorable.

I couldn't agree more with your advice about what to do if you find a lost cat which should be a blueprint. The usual sound advice that we have come to expect from you. Would you submit yourself for cloning?  :clap:

I KNOW SOME ORGANIZATIONS SAY DON'T AND THEY IT WILL MOVE ON, HOWEVER IN OUR VIEW THAT IS CALLOUS

I wonder who that could be?  Rhetorical! We hear the same comments in this part of the world from people who make me despair.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »
Aww, I am sure he wont be waiting too long Ela.

It is Aww but a necessity. All I will say is something old, something new, something BORROWED, (oops caps) something blue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2007, 07:55:23 AM »
Aww, I am sure he wont be waiting too long Ela.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2007, 23:15:33 PM »
We will Mark, I have put him on our site now although we have to keep him a little longer.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2007, 23:02:08 PM »
I'm sure you will find him a good home Ela. There will definately be plenty of interest with the PR  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2007, 22:56:12 PM »
 I am afraid  we will now be looking for another home for Nelson, I cannot say anything on here, but the lady who was going to adopt him will be taking in another cat tomorrow, all I will say thats cats need is greater than Nelsons. I will put Nelsons pic on our gallery tomorrow and his pic will be in the paper this week anyway with Eric our vet when they write about him being in the last 3 in the Pet plan Vet of the year comp.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 20:23:29 PM »
I have just found out more about the little RTA, apparently it had been roaming around for a while and people were just feeding it.  The cat was chipped and when the vet contacted the owner in Bletchley, (that’s in Bucks isn’t it?) they said they signed the cat over to Cats Protection 4 years ago, not our branch obviously. So how it got to Chesterfield I don’t know. This should be a reminder to people to always remember to amend chip details if a cat is re-homed. It is also another reason we say if you think a cat is either lost, abandoned, the owner has moved and left it behind DO NOT ASSUME IT HAS NO OWNER (OR ASSUME IT HAS), PLEASE REPORT IT TO US IMMEDIATELY, whatever state it may be in. It may simply be lost and could have been lost months previously. It is not unknown for cats to get into cars, removal vans, and so on, and be transported miles from their homes..  Most of the cats who go missing must be out there somewhere and, although we do manage to reunite quite a few with their owners, most of them are taken in or being fed by well meaning people, but are never actually reported, depending on the condition of the cat and the safety of the location we can decide what course of action to take to ensure the cat receives all the help it needs. (Where this cat it would certainly have been sooner rather than later)  E.G. if the cat is well please ring our lost & found xxxxxxxxxx take the cat to a vet to see if has been micro chipped, alternatively if you live near some of our fosterers (5 have microchip readers) they will do it for you. If there is no record perhaps you could on a long thin piece of paper write do I belong to you and your telephone number then attach the paper to a cat collar by wrapping sellotape round and round then put the collar on the cat if after 3 days you have received no reply take the collar off as they are considered dangerous and many cats have lost their life to them, ring us and we will put the cat on the list waiting to come in. If you ring Elaine xxxxxxxxxxs he will supply you with a paper collar which is very safe.  PLEASE OFFER THE CAT SHELTER &  FEED IT, I KNOW SOME ORGANIZATIONS SAY DON'T AND THEY IT WILL MOVE ON, HOWEVER IN OUR VIEW THAT IS CALLOUS, I AM SURE IF YOU LOST A PET IT WOULD BE NICE TO THINK SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE WAS CARING FOR IT. ALSO THE CAT HAS A GREATER CHANCE OF FINDING ITS OWNER  OR COMING INTO CARE AS IT IS NOT ROAMING FROM STREET TO STREET LOOKING FOR ITS NEXT MEAL AND ENDANGERING ITS LIFE (exactly what happened in this case) .f the cat appears below par PLEASE  contact us immediately and we will pay for the cat to be seen by a vet and if possible bring the cat in.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2007, 19:51:47 PM »
im really hoping nelson isnt claimed

We are rather hoping that too.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2007, 19:45:32 PM »
ah thats what i meant, would she be getting on in general.

im really hoping nelson isnt claimed  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 19:42:10 PM »
will you be doing a home check etc on the lovely woman ela.  My presumtion is yes.

No, I do know her though. Donna who has Nelson and is a very good home checker will do it?

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 19:29:43 PM »
poor puss, i hope he didnt suffer.

will you be doing a home check etc on the lovely woman ela.  My presumtion is yes.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 19:05:17 PM »
Wonderful news that he has a home line up already!

As Donna rushed in the vets  the lady who I actually was there and saw Nelson in his bad state, then rang me and asked of she could have him. How lucky is that. We need some luck today as it is been one thing after another. I  received a phone call about a RTA about 20 mins  ago, rrrrrrrrrrrrrr while I am typing this I have just rang the vets and sadly it has not made it.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 18:28:52 PM »
The lady who is interested in Nelson has just rung and Donna is going to see her, Of course we need to keep him for another 10 days to make sure no one claims him.

Wonderful news that he has a home line up already! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 16:30:33 PM »
Thankfully he was spotted and well done, best of luck for Nelson's future.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 14:33:29 PM »
sorry for referring to you as a girl before Nelson

It is OK I didn't tell him

Bit of a sweeping generalisation, just because the area's bad, doesn't mean the owners are. Sorry, just my opinion

No need to be sorry we are all entitled to an opinion, but I can honestly say the estate is a nightmare, you can possibly count on one hand the number of good families. It is the estate where we had 38 unneutered toms tested and  35 were FIV+, Cats  and kittens are always roaming the streets and every week without exception there are RTA's. We deal with more problems on that estate than the rest of our area out together.

The lady who is interested in Nelson has just rung and Donna is going to see her, Of course we need to keep him foe another 10 days to make sure no one claims him.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 13:10:48 PM »
only just caught up with this.

I'm really chuffed for nelson ela.

Part of me is hoping previous owners dont turn up and he'll go to a lovely 100% INDOOR home  ;D

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 13:04:10 PM »
Awww he is gorgeous love his furry chops !
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 12:54:15 PM »
I am so pleased that Nelson is recovering quickly from his ordeal - and I too am sorry I referred to him as 'she' before! He is beautiful and how wonderful that he has responded instantly to kindness: someone is going to be very lucky.  Do keep us posted on his progress, Ela

:Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
Nelson looks like a really nice little character. Glad he's recovering. :)

Then again in the area he was found if they do not contact us we would not be bothered.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation, just because the area's bad, doesn't mean the owners are. Sorry, just my opinion.

I do think he's adorable, though. He doesn't look especially old, either.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 11:47:49 AM »
Bless his little cotton socks he looks lovely (sorry for referring to you as a girl before Nelson!)

Fingers crossed he will go from strength to strength  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
Glad to hear Nelson's doing well.  HIs photo's lovely.

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 08:06:58 AM »
So pleased this dear little puss is on the mend and hope he finds a new loving home very soon. Good on you to take him on

Bob

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 08:03:20 AM »
Aww, I am so pleased he is doing so well. Good luck for him homewise.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 01:04:02 AM »
.  Do you think he is a stray or genuinely homeless?

I really have no idea, but if he does have an owner who loves him enough they will contact us. Then again   in the area  he was found if they do not contact us we would not be bothered.

If not does the offer of a home from the person at the vets still stand?

I think so, but if not that will not be a problem as we will ensure he has a wonderful home.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 23:47:22 PM »
Poor little boy, so glad he is on the mend.  Do you think he is a stray or genuinely homeless?  It would be fantastic if he already had an owner who was out there looking for him.  If not does the offer of a home from the person at the vets still stand?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 23:40:28 PM »
Any news on Nelson, Ela? Is he settling well?

Sorry only just come back on been to the pub for a wine or 2

Nelson is coming on remarkably well, it is surprising what 24 hours on a drip, and a bath and lots of little and often meals with TLC will do. Last night Donna took him into her lounge  and he jumped on her knee and cuddled up, she was so happy she phoned  to tell me. To think he was in such a state (a vet was called out of surgery to attend to him  as staff were so worried he would not make it if he did not receive immediate attention) only a couple of days ago .

Awww Ela, I'm so glad he's going to be alright  :hug:........what a lucky gorgeous furbabe and I hope the little  :censored: get what they deserve  :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 23:32:57 PM »

Sorry only just come back on been to the pub for a wine or 2

Nelson is coming on remarkably well, it is surprising what 24 hours on a drip, and a bath and lots of little and often meals with TLC will do. Last night Donna took him into her lounge  and he jumped on her knee and cuddled up, she was so happy she phoned  to tell me. To think he was in such a state (a vet was called out of surgery to attend to him  as staff were so worried he would not make it if he did not receive immediate attention) only a couple of days ago .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 22:13:11 PM »
Poor little Nelson :( ..It saddens me to think that anyone especially a child who is supposed to be innocent would be capable of something s sad ..I dont understand how they can think it is just okay to do something like this !?

As for the Motorbikes my next door neighbours one door down little boy has one of those silly bikes and thinks it is fun to dive it around our garden used to scare my Snarf to bits :(

Mad when i was 15 and wanted to do something naughty I would scribble so and so smells on my text book or go and buy some ''singles'' fags from the ice cream man ...Not terrorise an innocent animal ..
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 19:33:06 PM »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 19:28:01 PM »
Hi Ela,

Just catching up with this site. I'm glad that Nelson is in better hands.

I hope the  :censored:little  :censored: who traumatised this cat have nasty accidents  or, at the very least, a good kicking.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 18:25:59 PM »
I would like to thank one of the Purrs members who has offered to make a donation towards the vet bill for the little one now named Nelson. Not only does he have one eye and is elderly, Donna has just advised me he is also most certainly deaf. The thought of what he must had been going through in the kids hands of those kids is to awful to contemplate.

The kind offer by the member helps to us to rekindle our faith in human nature.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 17:07:18 PM »
Of course there may be an owner out there going spare looking

Hopefully if they love it enough they will contact us or the RSPCA whoS list the cat is now on., Although by the state of the cat is has been outside for a while.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 16:58:09 PM »
Excellent news that the littl ecat has a new home lined up .... poor little soul.  Of course there may be an owner out there going spare looking for her so fingers crossed she is from a loving home and will be reunited with her mummy and daddy.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 16:55:02 PM »
Yeayyyy. A new home being offered that quickly. Wonderful. :)

Little sods. It makes me really annoyed, I grew up in a fairly rough area and would never have dreamed of treating an animal that way, and still wouldn't obviously!

I'm currently sat having to endure listening to a mini motorbike due to two young lads driving it up and down the street repeatedly....aggghhh!

Jack we had a problem with mini motor bikes up and down our street .... I phoned the police and reported them!  It is illegal to ride them on public roads..  I said I was concerned for their safety as they are so low t the ground a driver could easily hit them!  Of course in reality I couldn't give a stuff about the little  :censored: but it prompted the police to drive round the area several times and give them a warning.  We've had no problems recently  ;)

Link to CatChat