Author Topic: Young tabby cat TINA needs a home......With Moira and now has a home  (Read 38968 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Very young tabby cat needs a home now URGENT
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 21:21:19 PM »
I am in no way making any promises but I would be interested to know more.

I'm wary as my boy has stress induced cystitis. He might be able to cope with a little non threatening kitten but I'm not sure he would cope with anything older
edit: the more I think about the more I think the vet will say it's the last thing Arty needs at the moment. I wish I had a bigger place (I'm in a one bedroom flat) so that she could have her own room, then I would say yes.
I'm in Bristol so I will ask around :)

Hi Hun  yeap best not to have another cat with your little one esp if he has stressed related illness. Any cat would cause him stress in his core home.
Lovely for you to offer.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 21:18:33 PM »
I will give Lyn a call tomorrow and see if she can help and I have just tried to call another rescue in this area but no reply.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 20:41:06 PM »
I can bring her part way but its too far for me to do alone and could do on Thursday instaed of going to Birmingham.

I am not sure how long this little one will last how she is being kept and she is very very hungry.

What sort of sponsorship would be needed Sheryl ?

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 20:32:06 PM »
we need a Purrs transport run, methinks
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 20:30:27 PM »
I am in Lincolnshire Gill - as I said I am definately prepared to contribute towards sponsoring and I do know of a rescue near here that could possibly take her with sponsorship.  Thinking of her out in the cold is breaking my heart  :'(
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 20:15:32 PM »
Where are you Sheyl?

This has become an emergency now because the little cat is bring put out at night and is out all day, gets a couple of hours in the house but thats it. Every time she opens the door it flies in and is apparently in the house right now surled up in a duvet and uts very thin, so cant cope with the low temps up there.

She is goind away in under two weeks and then its just going to be left.......I can tell when I speak to her its breaking her heart but she nursed her husband when he had cancer and then the two labs, one gone now and the other on its way and she cant cope. She is struggling with the sick lab and she works very long hours and her daughter wont even look after the lab when she goes away.

I need to get this cat into safety very fast before it dies of cold.

I am going to loan her my snug tomorrow and she says she has blankets to put in but its still not going to stay very warm cos of the strong winds and the torential rain that we are having.

This is now really desperate cos the cat is spending most time outside and then waits for her to come home and rushes into the house for warmth, suspect not enough body fat to keep warm.

I cant pursuade her to keep looking after her for 4-5 weeks and have a feeling the cat will be out by the weekend cos she is scared of becoming too attached and knows she cant cope.

She has a student tomorrow who feeds ferals and is going to ask her if she could take it but doesnt understand how different this little one is to a feral, she just wont survive.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 20:03:10 PM »
If I was closer my cat run is empty this time of year and is totally insulated.  I will contribute towards sponsorship for Moira if that is where she goes.

I cant help wondering Gill whether Sue can be trusted after reading about her attitude towards this little lady, Im sorry but someone who can close their door to a little one in need in this weather is not a true animal lover.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 18:31:34 PM »
I misunderstood one of my messages and now have  home/rescue place as long as she tests negative for FIV  and also a sponsor to pay for test and vaccinations, so now its a question of whether Sue will keep her to just before Christmas and keep her warm!

If she tests positive then Moira is her hope but sponsorship for that will need to be sorted.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 17:53:16 PM »
 :( only just seen this, do hope something can be sorted for the poor girl  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 17:48:21 PM »
Thanks Moira  :hug:

A slight plan is coming together and maybe have a home/rescue for her but she must be tested for FIV and fully vaccinated before she can move.

The probs are the money to do this and second whether Sue will keep her and feed her for 6 weeks to allow full vacination. If she is FIV free she has somewhere to go safely and if not maybe Moiras although that would need a sponsor to stay there.

Whats the sponsorship cover Moira and how much would someone be letting themselves in for approx. And how would Tina then get a home.

CAT would pay for her to be neutered and checked for neutering and obviously testing and first vacs would need to be done too.

Am still open to offers of a home for her so everything can be done from new home so the little lady doesnt have to go through all this stress

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 16:58:54 PM »
I've cross posted on Cat Chat.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 16:43:57 PM »
At a guess and I havent seen her but would think about 6 months maybe  and under a year.

Bristol area would be great cos can get to the channel in 1 1/2 hrs, so if you could ask around I would be greatful.

Please cross post on Cat Chat Moira  :thanks:

If I can get a picture then I will put it up and also it will go on Cat Action Trust pages too, the localish one has said for a £10 donation thery will pay for neuter or to check and de fleaing , although I am told she is clear of fleas.

Afraid Sussex is too far for me to go unless there was someone who could meet me part way.

Moira if there is no other way and we can find a sponsor then it would be better for her to mix with yours rather than to be PTS or left out in the cold but lets try all other options first.

I need to speak to Sue tonight, she is going to ring me about 1930 and hope she does.

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 15:32:10 PM »
We're in Sussex which is such a long way from you.  I'd offer my 'mum & kitten' spare room that I have that is currently vacant, but you're too far away..... :(

Surely there MUST be somebody who could offer a spare room, shed, garage or something that this poor little thing could stay in whilst a more permanent home is sought?

Sally x

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 15:00:23 PM »
I was just thinking, would you like me to cross post on Cat Chat?

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 14:55:56 PM »
Gill mentioned the possibility of Tina being pts if found positive for FIV (or other things) by a large rescue. If she proved to be FIV+ (although Gill doubts this to be the case) I offered to short term foster as I have FIV+ cats. However, if no better offer comes up and there is a real risk of pts then perhaps better to take her chances with my FIVs. In this case I can short term foster if we can find a sponsor. Sorry, I just can't afford to finance any more. Hopefully a better solution can be found nearer to home but my offer stands as a back up.

Offline Starpixie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 14:32:40 PM »
I am in no way making any promises but I would be interested to know more.

I'm wary as my boy has stress induced cystitis. He might be able to cope with a little non threatening kitten but I'm not sure he would cope with anything older
edit: the more I think about the more I think the vet will say it's the last thing Arty needs at the moment. I wish I had a bigger place (I'm in a one bedroom flat) so that she could have her own room, then I would say yes.
I'm in Bristol so I will ask around :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 14:41:41 PM by Starpixie »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 14:28:58 PM »
This must be so upsetting for you Gill, especially knowing your tutor has more than enough room for this little one! Hope your project pulls a few of her strings.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 14:24:53 PM »
Gill, what's her age approximately?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 14:16:21 PM »
Its because in her mind she doesnt want a cat right now and knows nothing about them. Her Lab is dying and she lost another last year and she told me she is going to try and live without an animal once the lab goes to the Bridge cos she wants to be able to go away working without the responsibilty of an animal until she is semi retired and then she may think about a cat.

I dont think she will get on without an animal but she can only try.

I dont understand why she wont let the cat stay in garage but she is ringing me tonight so can get more details and suspect that some of this is down to the cat breaking her heart and she just wants it to go quickly and her respnse to day was so different to Sunday and its so RSPCA.

She says that everytime she opens a door the cat bolts for the house to get in and then hides.......all of this is so cruel I think.

I need to get it away from there before something bad happens.

I have emailed Bridend CP its one of the rehoming centres that CP run but know someoone who took a stray in there over a year ago and thats how I know its got a kill policy, luckily Vodka tested safe and eventually was rehomed but it took aver a year cos Wales really doesnt do cats very much.

I really dont want to see a house cat end up in a cage and a fosterer would be so much better but maybe beggars cant be choosers. Moira has pmed me but suspect it wont work cos dependent on health of the cat and she sounds very helathy.

So right now back to square one and need to find this little one somewhere to go to be loved.

To be honest Baz if she will not give the cat shelter and food then I cant stay in a class with her but we will see and tomorrow I am taking a cat picture in to do, so thats gonna rub salt in the wound if she does not care for the cat for a while!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 14:05:24 PM »
Tina Tuna is now my facebook tagline. Hopefully someone will offer as I know a few people in Bristol.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 13:58:53 PM »
 :shify: Sounds promising Moira!  :wow: :hug:

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 13:57:10 PM »
Gill, I've PM'd you.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 13:27:37 PM »
Someone must have a space somewhere? One tiny kitten! I would offer but I live so far away and I know someone else must have a spare room and live closer!  :wish:  :hug:

That's a shame Gill as you enjoy your art classes so much!  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 13:14:25 PM »
do you understand why Sue won't at least carry on feeding this poor cat, and letting her sleep in the Snugs kennel in her garage, if only  until the CAT offer of spaying, defleaing and deworming can be taken up?

then there will be no unwanted kittens at least

and if she has really taken to this cat, why is she so reluctant to keep her? - I would have thought an elderly labrador and a young friendly cat was quite a good recipe for success
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 13:05:42 PM »
Can you put her in a spare room Gill?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 13:04:21 PM »
Yes agree she just wants food, shelter and warmth and also a human company and has obviously had it in the past.

I am just so angry and not sure if I can go to these art classes anymore

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 13:00:09 PM »
Oh heck! I do hope someone can assist!  :(

Chances are if she is dog friendly at such a young age cats wont bother her, her main goal seem's to be the want of food and a lovely forever home... :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 12:38:33 PM »
Sorry no idea at all and all I know is that she loves people and not scared of a huge labrador which she told to stop staring at her......this is when she was allowed inside!

She has obviously had a home and sounds like she has met a dog before and this is making me so angry and am wondering whether its best for her to take a risk if I could get her into Brdgend , where she would be pts if found to be carrying anything.....cos this rate she is going to die anyway  :(

This so sounds like the RSPCA and I was told that RSPCA had been contacted

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 12:23:37 PM »
Any idea how she gets on with other cats?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »
If I had cc do you think I would be so worried!

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »
Not to someones liking so removed  :tired:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:48:22 PM by CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls »
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 12:10:04 PM »
This one has now become urgent as we can not find any local rescue to take her although CAT will advertize her on CC if I can get a picture.

I have just spoke to Sue and the little cat is now going to be left outside because she rushes into the house and hides and Sue cant keep her in the house and have to guess that as she has spoken to RSPCA she is doing what they have told her, cos she said to me that she hopes if she is left outside she will just go away.

CAT have offered to have her neutered, fleed and wormed for a min donation of £10 but they like all other rescues ar jammed packed and cant take her in.

The weather at the bottom of the mountains is very bleak indeed and the cat will stand little chance of survival.....I dont know if its going to be fed!

This is breaking my heart cos there is nothing I can do to help except offer transport.

I dont think I am going to get a picture either cos she started to mutter about her camera so that will mean she cant be shown through the sites to give her a chance of a home.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know  :(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Very young tabby Cat needs a home
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 23:09:26 PM »
GRRR!!!! How can these monster people sleep on a night?  >:( :( :hug:

Poor babe, hope she gets a home soon!  :Luv2: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 23:07:16 PM »
Yes my tutor has been asking around locally but as said there are not many houses and she knows everyone, its just the hills really.

I think she has either hitched a lift or been dumped and doesnt come from around there.

its at the bottom of a the road across the mountains where I got stuck in the snow last year so very easy to dump a cat.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 22:42:44 PM »

She was starving and very thin but is very affectionate and all she wants are cuddles, food and a nice warm house with a human to love her.

This could be said of so many poor unfortunate little ones,if only they could all find this the world would be a better place :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 22:27:47 PM »
I know this may sound silly but has anyone advertised her as found?  ;)

Bless your tutor for looking after her in the meantime, she sounds lovely and obviously has had a home!  :Luv2: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 22:17:20 PM »
she was first seen at side of road and then must have followed Sue into her caravan and when Sue turned round she was there.

She is named Tina Tuna cos that was all Sue had that a cat could eat  ;D

She was starving and very thin but is very affectionate and all she wants are cuddles, food and a nice warm house with a human to love her.

Was found in Brynamman at the bottom of the Black Mountains on the South West end. Understands English  :rofl:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 19:59:40 PM »
Poor little one :( i do hope she finds a home quickly and well done to your tutor for finding her and keeping her safe :hug: :hug:
She sounds lovely cant wait to see pictures of her :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Young tabby cat TINA needs a home......With Moira and now has a home
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 19:50:49 PM »
Tina Tuna is a very young Tabby cat who has been found as a stray just below the mountains in SW Wales. She is very friendly and was found a week ago by my art tutor.

The little cat has two lengths of coat and a light face and under fur and big ears which makes me think she is quite young, she is dog friendly as long as the dog leaves her alone.

She was very thin and this area has few houses.

I am hoping to get a picture of her on Wed , car allowing  and although Sue has fallen in love with her she has an elderly lab and she is out a lot of the time , also going away so cant keep her.

She is very clean, no sign of fleas and eyes are clear and so cute and friendly but is having to be left outside during the day.

I am going to lend her my snug hut on Wed and then she can stay in the garage during the day but there will be no heating.

Sue is going to contact CP Swansea tomorrow to see if they have a place, its unlikely though. I have also advised her to take the cat to a vet and see if she has a chip.

She needs a home asap cos of Sues work commitments and as long as my car comes back fit and well tomorrow I am available to bring her to Bristol or somewhere in Wales.

Hope to get a picture on Wed too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 19:48:45 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat