Author Topic: Hello to the Group  (Read 2513 times)

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
Re: Hello to the Group
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 18:55:47 PM »
Hello!

I have only just joined today and would simply like to offer my support at this worrying time.   :hug:

I have not owned a cat with the condition but have known two cats with hyperactive thryoids, both are still going strong many years later!  One is now nearly 20!   :wow:

Big love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 14:42:07 PM »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 14:06:19 PM »
Ripleysmum, I have split the second half of this thread about Ripley's thyroid and moved to 'Health and Behaviour where it may get more responses  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 03:33:05 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.....  :)

Im sure you will get plenty of advice on here!  ;) :Luv: :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 22:51:22 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Sorry I can't offer any advice on hyper T ... but I'm sure others will be able to give their opinions.

Best regards

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 21:32:23 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to PUrrs  ;D

Hope you manage to get Ripley's meds sorted out soon, perhaps the dose is a bit high on the Vidalta?  My boy Max was on 1 tablet every other day for a time, but I think his initial readings were a bit lower.

Defo speak to your vets, there are alternative tablets which might work better with fewer side effects  :hug: xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 20:53:56 PM »
Hi and :welcome: to Purrs Ripleysmum,

sorry to hear your girl is having problems with her thyroid.  My cat is on Vidalta too, we're getting his thyroid bloods redone next week to see how things are and if not improved he is being switched to Felimazole.  I would tell your vet what you have said here and the vet may change to a different type if vidalta isn't working well because there are others or alternative treatments.  Best of luck  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 20:55:18 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 20:44:44 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Ripleysmum: I'm glad you found us but I'm sorry to welcome you at a time of such worry  :hug:

I'm not the one to answer your query, but we have a large number of members who have experience of this and they'll surely be along shortly  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline ripleysmum

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Felix & Molly
Hello to the Group
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 20:33:43 PM »
Let me introduce myself, I am Lydia and I have 3 cats: Molly, Felix and Ripley, and Ripley is the one I am having problems with. She was diagnosed Hyper T 4 weeks ago, she is on Vidalta 15mg but is not geting better, her T4's have improved though, from 131 to 30, but she is very apathetic, has lost weight and is barely eating. Today I have had to start hand feeding her warm cooked chicken, she's eaten roughly 1 large full leg of chicken, but on the downside if i didn't do that she would have eaten nothing at all. I am taking her back to the vets in the morning as i'm so worried about her. Anyway i will go indepth in the appropriate section, i just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background on Ripleys plight,

Link to CatChat