Author Topic: SAFFRON AGAIN URGENT HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 36107 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: SAFFRON AGAIN URGENT HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2009, 19:39:46 PM »
CC, sadly I think it becomes harder for the fosterers to genuinely understand that the person handing a cat over might not want to. The more jaded they become the more hard faced towards "the public." (Sorry to any fosterers, just what I've observed with people I know.)

And with that outlook they may not want strangers comming into the house  :shy:
It doesnt help how your feeling but maybe in a few days it will make more sense  :hug:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #307 on: June 22, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »
Oh, dear!!  Thats really not very good, is it  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Years ago I used to foster and often people would turn up with their cats toys, favourite food, blankets etc.  I always used to make notes ....  I wanted each new "guest" to be as happy as possible and felt sorry for the people having to make the decision to re-home thir cat.  I think so often there is an unknow "human" side to why a cat is re-homed.  And a cuppa and a chat to ease the "goodbye" process doesnt take much .... 

That said, we did sometimes meet the complete  :censored:.s , too >:(    I still thought it worth being polite to them, though (even if I said horrible things about them in private later  :sneaky:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2009, 11:27:45 AM »
CC, sadly I think it becomes harder for the fosterers to genuinely understand that the person handing a cat over might not want to. The more jaded they become the more hard faced towards "the public." (Sorry to any fosterers, just what I've observed with people I know.)

Despite calling Saffron "the cat" I'm sure she'll get the best care and a good home. I agree with Mark, though - I would call and complain about the womans attitude towards you. Hope you're OK. :care:

I think I can understand how they must feel! Just goes to show that some cases really are genuine!  ;) :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »
CC  :hug: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2009, 10:32:58 AM »

Despite calling Saffron "the cat" I'm sure she'll get the best care and a good home. I agree with Mark, though - I would call and complain about the womans attitude towards you. Hope you're OK. :care:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
hope you are feeling a bit better cc

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »
 :care: :grouphug:

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »
She might have just thought it was better for everyone CC, you would be amazed at how many people can drop cats off they have had for a while with nothing and not want to say goodbye. Of course you will miss her, but she will soon be in a new home
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2009, 07:40:26 AM »
I think that is very tactless of her and I would contact your branch or even head office to complain. Some people are clueless when it comes to dealing with other people. It sounds like she treated you like you were someone who was dumping their cat  >:( - I would definitely speak to the branch again. Although people volunteer, they should still behave in a sensitive manner. Don't let it get to you CC  :hug:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2009, 00:20:33 AM »
Saffron has gone to the CP today  :(

Im not to happy the way things worked out  >:( I took her over- asked the foster to hold Saffie- in the box, while I went to the car to get her things- bed, food ect. On my return to the house the foster had taken Saffie inside and was coming out with an empty box, She didn't even give me time to say goodbye to her  :( Im very annoyed over that   >:( Then I was telling the foster what had been happening with Saffie- why she has a sore on her neck etc- all the while I was kept on the doorstep with the foster looking at me like would you leave already  :shocked:

She didn't even ask which food she likes or why was the reason I took her there- I didn't get a chance to say she was calming down with the others so maybe in time she would be ok with other cats  :Crazy:

So all in all Im very upset at the way this was handled- me stood outside on the doorstep- I expected to go in and tell her a bit about Saffron. And am missing the little girl already  :'(

The foster even tried to refuse the bag of food for her- saying you have your own cats dont you, to which I said yes but I bought this for Saffron  :Crazy:

And she kept calling her "the cat" Saffron has a blooming name, stupid woman!!!!

Im actually furious over this  >:(
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2009, 10:14:09 AM »
CC, if you are going to advertise them yourself, you need to ring the vet tomorrow and book her in for spaying so she is done before anyone shows an interest in her. I have always noticed a difference in females within a few days of being spayed, so you never know, she might then be fine with the other cats once her hormones have stopped raging round.
Please spay your cat

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2009, 21:37:40 PM »
Have done Jack  :)

Yes although I cant keep them here I would like to be able to keep up with them. Any new owners will not be disappointed!!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2009, 21:10:25 PM »
CC, put the details for both of them on here. It won't hurt, and you'd more than likely feel happier knowing a Purrs cat slave person has taken them on if anyone can. :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2009, 21:06:56 PM »
She's still here- I phoned the foster yesterday saying I couldnt take her untill today could they phone me back if thats ok- and had no phone call  :shocked:

And I dont want to take her now- she had a nose sniff with Ted and it was all very cool and calm  8)

Then theres the problem of Oliver, his spraying is getting worse, which means he's more stressed  :( He did stop doing this but has started again now Saffie is here  :(

Do you think I should try to rehome him through here? I know his spraying would stop if he lived with less cats, he's a very sociable cat and likes others- just too many here for him to take, and he cant live with Saffies agression.

He's 11 but you would think he was a kittne the way he plays lazer  ;D Maybe even if he was found a home with an older cat that would be good for him, he gets on very well with my little Ollie  :Luv2:

Just thought no matter how much Ive fallen in love with Saffie or even the little steps she is taking- nose sniffing with Ted, Harry is petrified of her and spends most of his time not at home now. So she still has to go  :(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2009, 20:39:15 PM »
 :(

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2009, 17:27:45 PM »
 :hug:  :hug: to you again CC x x x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2009, 11:03:05 AM »
Cc, Saffy will never forget the kindness you did her. Seriously, don't think you've failed her in any way by letting her go to the CP. She'll have a new home in no time where there's less cats to bully!

As for Oliver, PM me your location and I'll ask other rescue workers I know if they can think of anywhere that fosters in that area who'd be willing to take Oliver on. :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2009, 10:53:26 AM »
Yes it was the manager who I spoke to first of all- a foster phoned me yesterday and it was her that said to bring Oliver too- then had a phone call back from manager saying that about Oliver  :(

I slept with Saffron last night and we had a lovely cuddle  :Luv2:

I have to take her over by 1 today  :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »
CC if they are that thick to not understand spraying problems then your better off finding him a space somewhere else with people who know how to work around problems  :hug:
If this branch are the only ones in your area do you have any idea who you spoke to in the first place?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »
Or asking an alternate smaller rescue if they could put Oliver on their sites? I know you'll want to care for him as long as possible. :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2009, 07:32:50 AM »
i am sorry to hear they have changed their mind with Oliver, and you are probably right with his spraying, i have had similar fosters and once they have been rehomed they have been fine. IT might be worth talking to your vet about something to help his spraying if CP wont help.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2009, 23:25:48 PM »
I thought they said they'd take both Oliver and Saffy? What's going on - have they changed their mind about him?

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2009, 23:04:45 PM »
They cant take Oliver, he's unhomeable due to his spraying, nobody wants a cat that sprays in their house- this is what I was told from the cp lady  >:( Even tho I explained I think hes spraying as he needs to be in an only cat home  :-:

I feel I have been talked down to by this lady like Im just another off loader, that hurts  :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2009, 19:09:58 PM »
Your doing the best thing by both of them CC its not fair to keep cats where they arent happy, and spraying is a good indication of that. Be proud of yourself for helping them in their hour of need, without you their futures wouldnt be as rosy  :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2009, 18:52:39 PM »
Oh bless you,  you have really had a tough time lately,  hope things get a little easier for you  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2009, 18:04:22 PM »
CC, to me a cat that sprays is a cat that feels like it needs to define it's territory really obviously. In my honest opinion, I think Oliver needs to share his home with less cats. Although it might take him longer, someone will fall in love with him. I honestly think you're doing the right thing. :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2009, 17:30:14 PM »
Just topping up the hugs....this cant of been an easy decision to make but I know its for the best!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2009, 17:12:00 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2009, 16:56:28 PM »
The cp lady on the phone said it would take about 1-2 weeks for Saffie to find a home, but she said it takes longer for the oldies  :( am I doing the right things here- regarding Oliver? he's 11 and quite settled here but I cant stand his spraying, my house stinks  :sick:

I know Im doing right for Saffie- I just have to tell my heart that  :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2009, 16:30:36 PM »
Daisy, Oliver is a former stray who sprays when he feels threatened with regards to his territory. He's a nice old bean, but would probably be less stressed in a home with fewer cats. I think CC has been great giving these cats the care they needed and helping them the way she has.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2009, 16:23:06 PM »
Cp are going to take Saffron and Oliver tomorrow  :'(

Oh honey poor you   :hug:  I am quite new here so dont know the full stories of everyone,  I know all about Saffy,  but what has happened with Oliver ?   :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2009, 16:20:36 PM »
fantastic news cc - its the start of a new life for her and only because you took her on - well done you!

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2009, 16:19:11 PM »
Cp are going to take Saffron and Oliver tomorrow  :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2009, 00:05:38 AM »
Possibly. The fight or flight mechanism is strong in cats and she's only a youngster. Everything that's happened to her must be very confusing. :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2009, 00:00:58 AM »
Most of the day she will sit/ sleep on the top bunk in my kids room. She likes the door open tho and if she see's it closing she will jump down, she went crazy on sat when I tried to keep her in there to have the last kitten  :(

Tonight she was sitting at the top of the stairs looking down  :Luv2: She was sitting very close to Ted tonight, almost so they could sniff noses  :shocked: but then attacked him when they were upstairs after  :tired:

Lyla is a big problem too- she now knows Saffie is scared of her so will keep up the chase  :tired: The only one she has had any interaction with at the moment is Ted tonight. She hates the rest I dont know if its because she's actually scared of them and thats why she attacks first?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2009, 23:19:00 PM »
There's nothing wrong with letting animals have independence - I'm all for that. Is it more or less stressful to keep Saffy confined? (To you, her and the other cats I mean. It's a genuine question and you already know I think you'll do what's right for all the cats.)

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2009, 23:00:45 PM »
Yes like none of my cats are  neutered and although Ive been a member of purrs for over two years, Im  still in the dark about cat knowledge  :tired:

I like to allow my animals to do as they please- I call it letting them have a life!

I know what Saffie needs so there is no point in going over the facts- I already know  >:(

There are other reasons which are making my decision- reasons which I wish not to post.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2009, 20:21:31 PM »
She's doing her best.

I think we all agree on that. :grouphug: CC, I know it's horrible having to confine a cat that likes to roam but it's the best thing on offer at the moment. It's a pain because you want Saffron to be 100% content now she's away from the horrible place she was before - but just think about how much her life HAS improved due to someone caring about her.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2009, 20:13:25 PM »
CC, you know your circumstances best, and only you know what your household is like at the moment. I can't imagine what you've had to deal with in this situation especially as you shared with us your own personal grief during this.  Yes, it's well known that neutering/spaying can temper aggression, however, only you know what kind of bandwidth you have to cope with getting her spayed and helping her recover and keep her separated from others whilst handling your own household and children.

I appreciate the continued suggestions of spaying Saffron may be frustrating CC right now, especially as she have repeatedly stated she is aware that it needs doing.  So I hope others take the above into account and allow CC to deal with that aspect of Saffron's care as best she can within her circumstances. She's doing her best.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2009, 18:53:44 PM »
Id suggest you call other rescues CC, cant see how they can advertise an unspayed cat for rehoming...

www.catchat.org not sure what area your in so cant point the map there for you... must be some where else other than this one branch

Link to CatChat