Author Topic: SAFFRON AGAIN URGENT HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 36110 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: SAFFRON AGAIN URGENT HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2009, 18:44:33 PM »

I explained the situation- saying she cant be kept in one room as she likes to wander, and that she dont really get on with other cats

I've been trying to stay away from this thread.

However, you have to realise that the best option is to put her in a room on her own and go in and spend some time with her.
So, she likes to wander - it does not really matter what she likes to do, we can all only do our best to our cats and foster cats. What best for Saffron is that she is spayed and her hormones allowed to settle down for a couple of weeks.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2009, 17:58:32 PM »
No Ela they were not even going to place her on the list untill I said I would keep her here untill a home is found, not that a space had come up. They really wernt that bothered  >:(

I already know she needs spaying, Im having a few problems so that may be later rather than sooner, but soon enough!
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2009, 15:33:16 PM »
Although I would not necessarily agree with all you have been told, I will say that we would have asked any caller to keep the little one contained in a room which is usually larger than a pen anyway until we can bring a little one in. I expect your local branch is like us and asked to bring in numerous cats a day which is impossible. (calls to bring in 30 in one day I think is about the most. We have to deal with the emergencies first that is little ones who will be PTS unless we take in almost immediately and cats who have no one to care for them at all. Sadly far too many cats and not enough caring homes.

I know often when people ring me they must think I am sat here waiting for their call to offer me their cat and get quite nasty when I say I will place the little one one our list of cats waiting to come in, but if they would care to send me a photo and details I will in the meantime place the details on out gallery.

What is very important is that Saffron is spayed as soon as possible. If she comes into season again that is increasing her chances to get mammary cancer later in life even more.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 15:54:34 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2009, 15:17:32 PM »
Just had to a call back, and they are trying to discourage me  :shocked:

I explained the situation- saying she cant be kept in one room as she likes to wander, and that she dont really get on with other cats- to be told thats no good as there are other cats there (obviously  :doh: ) and their PENS are quite small  >:(

So no help there really  >:(  They have put her on the rehoming list but only because I said I would keep her here in the mean time  :Crazy: They are going to avertise her today in a local paper and let me know if anything comes of it!

I mean what am I supposed to do? put her on a free ad and let the cycle start again!  :censored:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »
Dont feel bad cc, you have already done your part for her!  :grouphug:

Good Luck for CP taking her in, I agree she wont be waiting long as she is a very pretty girl!  :Luv: :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2009, 10:58:34 AM »
Have just phoned and am waiting to hear back  :(

I just feel Im letting her down with all she has been through- she would be great here if it wern't for my others  :shy:

She's a lovely cat too, so Im sure she wont be long in getting homed, I hope  :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »
god no I know that but honestly if you hadn't have taken her she may well be dead from blood posioning or something - sometimes they just don't fit into the crowd, but look at Debs and Mojo - he found a great home really quickly and is really happy

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2009, 09:35:43 AM »
 :thanks: Dawn, dont stop the heartache tho  :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »
give them a call cc, then you and your lot can get back to normal and she will be on her way to a new home (soon I hope) you've done more than enough for her to feel proud of yourself

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #259 on: June 17, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »
Am taking her for a health check this week, although my vets are very busy- it took 4 weeks wait to get Lyla done  :Crazy:

I think she may be better off going to the CP soon rather than later- Im going to phone them today  :( I have been saying this for the last few days but its a hard thing to do  :(

She chased Harry out of the garden yesterday about 9am, although when he kept coming back he wouldnt come in- just kept going away again. Then finaily about 11pm he came home hungry and exhausted- curled up on the sofa and went to sleep. I dont want him to be doing this  :(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:42 AM »
Have you booked her into be spayed yet CC?
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2009, 18:37:50 PM »
Yes cc, If CP could take her that would be fab as they will also get her spayed pronto!

I think as far as Saffi is concerned you have been there when she needed someone most, a lot has been shared in such a short space of time and for that I know she is thankful!  ;)

You are the one living in the current situation, you are the one to make the final decision for which I for one respect!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2009, 16:11:29 PM »
CC I think its obvious from your posts how much you care about Saffron and sometimes we all know that it doesn't work out, but don't beat yourself up about it, you tried and you got Saffron though a tough time in her life. Only you can make the decision and you're make the right one for you all  :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2009, 16:00:03 PM »
I can't offer any advise sweetie as Max is my first cat and I've never had to try and integrate any others into the household.

All I will say is that nobody knows the personalities of your current cats like you, and if you can't see things working out with Saffy, then you may well be right.  I think we all have a gut feel about things, and sometimes you have to go with that  :hug:

I know she may well calm down once she's been spayed, and if you could give her a change until then, that would be great.  But if that's not going to work, then you have to make the decision  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2009, 15:57:28 PM »
 :thanks:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2009, 14:18:45 PM »
I agree 2 weeks isnt long to settle in and with all thats happened to the poor girl, but sometimes you  know when certain temperaments arent going to work out well within a group, if thats what CC feels then she knows it better then we do, with us not seeing how the cats interact etc
Sorry it hasnt worked out well for you and saffron  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »
I think we all come to a point where one more is too many - sounds like this one might be it cc but like you say she could be anywhere now and at least you are going to do the right thing for her, don't feel bad

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »
Yes Desley I know but from the start I have said if she dont get on well here, I would get her on a rehoming list, its nothing I haven't said before  :shy:

To be honest I dont know where or what would be happening to her right now if I didnt get her. I took her out of the bad situation and thats all that mattered to me. I tried to make her feel at home but things arnt working out  :( Her and Lyla were at it this morning, and now Lyla has the upper hand- she will attack at every opportunity- I dont want this going on.

And another reason which I didnt want to mention- she has also attacked my baby (Saffron has) baby was having a screaming fit and Saffi was jumping up at her face biting her, which made the situation worse  :(

I just think it would be better for us all if she was found a new home, dont get me wrong I will miss the little one and am sad things have turned out this way  :(

Im going to phone CP later on.  :shy:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2009, 08:12:34 AM »
CC, you can't make any decisions until she has been spayed - it is amazing how different they can be once htey dont have all their hormones racing, and more so with what she went through last week. I would still keep her in one room for short periods, as they do generally calm down after a while and it gives your cats some time out. Also, 2 weeks isn't long enough for a cat to adapt, and not when they have had the experience she has had.
Please spay your cat

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2009, 17:52:01 PM »
If she is kept in one room she goes mental pulling at carpets and everything. Its not the fact of the carpet cos its already wrecked- but the fact that she is stressed out. She likes to have a wander about and go out the back.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2009, 14:36:37 PM »
My theroy on this could be that she is grumpy and lashing out at the other cats because she thinks she has kittens,   I dont really know how to word it but I would think that her hormones are telling her to protect her kittens,   it is just what nature does and she cant control it happening to her,  when Gracie Dirty Face had her kittens she lashed out at all the other cats really badly,   maybe Saffy is just suffering the symtoms even though she hasnt got the kittens ??,   I am not an expert by any means but it sort of makes sense xxxx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2009, 14:33:26 PM »
I would try and confine her to one room cc, then I would get her spayed as the chances are she will come into season again pretty quickly!  :scared:

Even if this does not work out, atleast if she is done then the awful happenings of late cannot be repeated!  :Luv: :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2009, 14:20:36 PM »
She chased Harry out of the garden this morning and he aint been back since, so she is making my cats feel like there not allowed to be here, to be honest I have never seen Harry so scared- he is petrified of her. 

Ted has a gash on his nose off her, my poor little Ollie has had a few whacks- for just being in the kitchen. And now big Oliver is spraying again- cos he is petrified too 

Lyla and Macey are standing their ground and fighting with her, which is not nice to see. Saffi will whack and chase any of them if they get too close to her (if she feels they are, they could be a few meters away   ) So now if any of them see her coming they are off in a shot, I dont want them to be scared in their own home- I said thats something I would never put them through.

At the end of the day an unhappy home is not a good home, even tho they still get everything they need I just cant put them through this stress 

My cats are very easy going, which showed as they lived as a 6 without no problems. They even welcomed big Oliver cos he is chilled out and not trying to fight with them.

Maybe if Saffi was chilled out they could accept her, but her anger is way too much for any of us to take. She wants my attention and mine only! This is why I think she would be better off as an only cat  :shy:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2009, 13:50:02 PM »
I think it's her hormones too. When's the spay CC? (Hopefully your usual vets have already booked her in!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2009, 13:45:16 PM »
What you could do is place her on CP's list of cats waiting to come in and then if it does not work out at least you  or rather Saffron should be way up the list. If it works out I am sure CP would be more than happy to take her off the list again.

Thats a great idea!  ;D

I reckon its defo her hormones and vet smells that are putting a spanner in the works at the mo! Here's hoping it will all settle down soon!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
What you could do is place her on CP's list of cats waiting to come in and then if it does not work out at least you  or rather Saffron should be way up the list. If it works out I am sure CP would be more than happy to take her off the list again.

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2009, 11:43:22 AM »
Yeah Im going to see what she's like after her spay, its the least I can do  :shy:

She has just ran Harry out of the garden, he was that scared he's jumped the fence and over the cat proofing in 2 seconds. If she dont settle down she's going to have to go  :(

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2009, 10:46:10 AM »
I have had intros that have taken over 6 weeks,   Lou Lou Flump always hates any other cats that come into the house,  we get 'proper' cat fighting and wailing.  Even now if she is having an off day she will bash the kittens over the head as they walk past her and the kittens have been here a year now (ok so they are not technically kittens anymore but I so 'want' them to still be kittens  :Luv2:)  

Like Teresa says you have had a bad time and Saffy is probably still really touchy from what has happened to her.

Hope you can cope honey  :hug: :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2009, 10:41:16 AM »
I agree with Teresa comments 100%

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »
CC poor Saffi`s hormones are all over the place at present, she is also as yet unneutered. Perhaps if you could keep her seperate until she recovers from her spay and then try gradual introductions. It has been a very distressing time for you and I feel you should give yourself time to heal before making any decisions about Saffi`s long term future  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2009, 10:02:05 AM »
CC, did you do the gradual intros? Have you tried feliway diffusers? I know you've probably thought of all this, but when Asteroid first came here we hardly saw Sage. Not because Asteroid was aggressive but because she's so full on and Sage is a nervous cat. The feliway definitely helped.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
Hi CC, I know that the last few weeks have been terribly trying for you, Saffron and the other cats. Given what she has been going through, and the number of times she has been to the vets, she will be terribly stressed and also will smell very peculiar to your other animals. Is there any way you can re-quarantine her from the others until her health improves and she is feeling better about herself. Once that happens she may just settle down and be more accommodating with your other animals.

I say this who spent the night before last with 40kg of dog trying to hide under my pillow because Smidgen had cabin fever in the caravan and was taking it out on everyone around him ...

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2009, 09:37:05 AM »
Daisy she has been her over 2 weeks and the fighting is still going on  :( Lyla is the only one that will stand up for herself, so then Saffi is scared of her. Lyla spent sat night out in the back garden- she wouldnt come into the house, and I dont want them to feel pushed out  :shy: Saffi has also left a big gash on Ted's nose from wacking him. They cant even walk past her without getting a whack!  I feel like they are all walking on eggshells, and thats not how I want it to be. I have always said I wouldn't do anything to make them unhappy but Im doing just that- with all of them  :-[

I will be really sad for Saffi to go but I feel she would be better on her own. She loves humans- the first day I got her she was all over me, but just hates cats and there are too many cats here to live an easy stress free life for her, and the rest of my babes and thats where my first thought have to lie  :shy:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2009, 09:27:08 AM »
Maybe give it a week or two and see what happens,  the other probably will get used to her in time, but remember she has been to the vets quite a few times so they havent really had a chance to get used to her smell so to speak,   mine all get on fine but if one of them has to go to the vets when they get home again all the others bash the living daylights out of them because they smell of vets.   

xxxx

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »
This is breaking my heart  :'(

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
 :thanks: everyone  :hug:

Im having a dilemma here- Im thinking of re-homing Saffron  :( She is just not getting along with my cats, at all! She keeps whacking poor Ollie and I have to remember he is sick too  :shy:

Macey and Lyla just despise her and vice versa, they are going at it like hammer and tongs everytime they see each other  :( She's not so bad with the boys but they are terrified of her  :scared:

I just get the feeling they are all stressed and its not fair to put them through that, big Oliver has started spraying again  :tired: so he's obviously scared  :(

I really dont know what to do? I feel awful on Saffi cos she has been through so much and she is a wonderfull cat- loves humans in every way but I feel she would be better on her own- she obviously doesn't like other cats  :(

Any suggestions?  :(

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2009, 08:46:19 AM »
Oh CC what an awful thing to go though,  :hug: :hug: for you and Saffron

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »
Been offline most of the weekend and just seen this,   sorry CC what an awful thing for you to go through,  hope you and Saffy are OK  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
god what an awful thing to happen - I'm so sorry cc

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2009, 07:05:10 AM »
Hope things start to pick up this week CC  :hug:

Ditto!  :Luv: :hug:

Link to CatChat