Author Topic: FOUND Tabby cat (Female)  (Read 16473 times)

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Re: FOUND Tabby cat (male)
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 16:27:22 PM »
I have just e-mailed them asking them to look into this and respond. I have asked for their assurance that if this cat is not claimed they will make every effort to rehome him. I will let you know if I receive a response. If there has been no misunderstanding then their attitude is shameful and needs to be made public.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 16:17:07 PM »
I did have a quick look at their website:  it seems Croydon CP are without a co-ordinator & have lost a cattery facility... even so!

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 16:13:11 PM »
This is dreadful. How can any rescue suggest such a thing. I am so angry! I am going to contact Croydon CP. If the information isn't correct they have a chance to put us right. If it is correct they need to know that public eye is on them. I will let people know the response.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 16:07:48 PM »
she was told "we don't take in every stray cat you know".

he is going to be checked over right about now and the vet said they will then contact CP.  hopefully they will get a better response.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 16:03:05 PM »
If that's true, I think that's shameful advice. >:(

If I was your friend, I would get the cat checked over by a vet (for chip/health/approx age) and take it from there...
I certainly wouldn't let it go again!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 16:00:11 PM »
What??? An elderly cat that is under weight and has just been rescued from a drain!!! Dos'nt sound right to me!  :(

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 14:59:31 PM »
hmmm  :shify:, just heard from the person who has the cat.  she's contacted croydon CP and their advice was to let the cat back out.  is that the normal course of action?
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 00:34:31 AM »
Oh very best of luck for this lovely old guy...I do hope he will be okay bless him!  :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 22:07:33 PM »
opinion has change on the age of this puss.  he has been examined a bit more by the lady whos son fished him out of the drain and he has a few scars and they now think he is skinny in an elderly way.  he'll probably be going to croydon CP as they don't think their place is the right environment for an elderly cat (they already have a grumpy blind dog, a poorly old cat and a younger cat).  hopefully they will find a chip when he goes to the vet in the morning and he can be reunited with his owner.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
FOUND Tabby cat (Female)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 20:00:27 PM »
rescued from down a drain earlier today in the New Addington area.   he is being looked after by the people who found him and will be taken to the vets in the morning to be scanned for MC.  his rescuers are happy to look after him until he is claimed. he has possibly been missing for a while as he is a bit skinny.  they estimate he is about a year old and very friendly, happy to have been saved.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 19:26:37 PM by Bonkers Mad!!! »

Link to CatChat