Author Topic: Does anyone know of a really strong cat flap?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Re: Does anyone know of a really strong cat flap?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 16:05:06 PM »
Dont I really want a Ragamuffin now !!!,   been looking online and no kittens available anywhere,  (not that my DH will be V pleased if I bring number 11 home with me  :evillaugh:)  looking forward to reading the new thread on Ragamuffins

Offline Andreas

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 15:59:50 PM »
I have been looking up the breed that you have 'Ragamuffin'  OMG I want one,  are they as georgous as they sound ??  please post more pics of him x

Hi Daisy,

It has just occured to me that being this a new breed a few more people would find it interesting to see them so I have started a new thread.

Thanks  for the interest. RagaMuffins are great cats, very laid back and very friendly and I mean VERY. If I have a party my cat will always be with all the people. My friends call him Party cat but his real name is Waldo.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 15:45:24 PM »
I have been looking up the breed that you have 'Ragamuffin'  OMG I want one,  are they as georgous as they sound ??  please post more pics of him x

Offline Andreas

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 11:48:08 AM »
would feeding him in the garden stop him breaking in do you think?  is he definately a stray or a greedy neighbour??

I think it's a community of greedy neighbours, tom cats and foxes.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 11:45:11 AM »
would feeding him in the garden stop him breaking in do you think?  is he definately a stray or a greedy neighbour??

Offline Andreas

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 11:37:30 AM »
but I wanted to say the photos you posted are stunning  ;D

Sounds like a very good reason to write a message to me!  :wow: :wow:

Thanks.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:34:06 AM »
We currently have the same problem with a Tom cat,  we also always have a problem with Cat Flaps,   ours break on a regular basis !,   I have no answers for you but I wanted to say the photos you posted are stunning  ;D

Offline Andreas

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »
I know a couple of people have the pet porte (sp?) which reads microchips - not sure if that is worth a look??

Sure, I'll look into it. The problem is that stray cats head butt the door until it opens, so they may do so with a pet porte too, unless it's very strong.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:42:08 AM »
I know a couple of people have the pet porte (sp?) which reads microchips - not sure if that is worth a look??

Offline Andreas

• Kitten
Does anyone know of a really strong cat flap?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum so I'd like to introduce myself first of all. I'm Andreas, live in London and I have a 5 year old female ragdoll and 9 month old male RagaMuffin (new breed).

I have a big problem with stray cat getting into my house and eating all my pets' food. I now have a magnetic cat flap, but I find that the two pins that hold it shut are only strong enough to keep my pets out, but not hungry stray uneutered male cats. I also have a problem with them spraying in my flat.

My cat flap is for a large cat or small dog. Does anyone know of a really strong cat flap that I can replace my current one with?

Thank you.

Link to CatChat