Author Topic: Feeding strays  (Read 1209 times)

Offline fluffycloud123

• Distinguished Cat
  • monkey and jaspers mummy xx
Re: Feeding strays
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »
similar situation to me Mark.

i was told (no names)  :shify:that by feeding the cat the RSPCA would presume me responsible for the cat therefore rendering it my own. :P. Well knickers to the RSPCA i say  :rofl: hes going to be in better hands with Desley than with them.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Feeding strays
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »
A woman left a message yesterday saying a stray had been hanging around for a week but she hadn't fed it. When I phoned her, She said where she lives which is a bit isolated on the seafront a few miles up the road and other than 3 or 4 houses (they are old coastguard cottages) there is just a holiday park. I questioned her feeding the cat and she sheepishly admitted she had. I told her that was a good thing!  :) - she said that if her cat got lost, she would like to think that someone would give her a bowl of food  :) - methinks she had been speaking to another un-named organisation who tell people not to feed and they will "go away"  >:( - anyway, the lady had already done all the right things. She took the cat to the vet to be checked for a chip (no luck) and phoned around all local vets and even looked on the National Pet Register - still no luck  :( - anyway, the lady is going to keep an eye on her and feed her until we have a space  :) - she said she tried taking the cat in but her own cat was very upset about it. She even said the cat was fine with her 14 month old baby.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:13:26 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat