Author Topic: Re: Looking to adopt a cat or two ...please help - West Yorkshire  (Read 4534 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Hello!

We sometimes re-home in the Bradford area (we are Adel Cats Protection), but as most of our cats are strays or semi ferals, we don't have anything too child friendly at the moment.

My advice would be to contact Jenny at Cat Watch as we've worked with hre before and she's really great! Keighley Cat Care - just make sure that you get a fulkl history of the cat and any vet treatment as we have had some experiences with them before which weren't always positive.

There's of course always the RSPCA in Bradford as well.

Good luck xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
I have split your thread and started a new topic regarding the rescue questions :)  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,24113.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline NasnUzi

• Kitten
  • My previous Cat Billi when he was a Kitten...awww
Hi,

:thanks: Sabrina for that, will check those out. I think the cat watch one is very near to me : -)

Hi Janeyk, thanks for your message...No I don't mind you asking, it was about a 1yr and a half ago, that Billi left us. I have lived in my current home, for nearly a year now. My son is like that, sometimes I am shocked about how much he actually does remember at times. He will be 5 in June

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :welcome: Hi,

I'm sure you'll get lots of advice on here.  Hope you don't me asking but I take it it's not that long ago since you rehomed your other cat if your son remembers and he's only 4 now? it seems such as shame.

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Hello,

Here are the places I could figure out that home in Bradford.

KEIGHLEY CAT CARE
Bradford, West Yorkshire • Registered Charity no: 1121776
Rescuing, neutering and rehoming stray, abandoned and unwanted cats and kittens in the Bradford and Keighley areas.
Tel: 01274 568380 or 01535 644567
Email: keighleycatcare@tiscali.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAT WATCH/RESCUE - BRADFORD
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Rescuing, neutering and rehoming cats and kittens in the Bradford area, also trapping and neutering of feral cats.
Lost & Found Register: The group also operates a 'Lost & Found' Register for cats in their area. Tel: 01274 487546 or 01274 682326
Neutering Assistance: A Low Cost Neutering scheme is available for people on state benefits or low income.
Tel: 01274 487546
Email: leaf999@btinternet.com

http://www.catchat.org/allerton/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

http://www.haworthcatrescue.org/index.htm

http://www.catchat.org/indiecat/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

Those last two don't mention Bradford specifically but don't mention a certain area either.

Good luck in your search!

Offline NasnUzi

• Kitten
  • My previous Cat Billi when he was a Kitten...awww
Re: Looking to adopt a cat or two ...please help - West Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 02:25:57 AM »
Hi everyone….anyone….?

This is my first post apart from the one introducing myself, so please be gentle with me : ) …I feel a bit nervous!!!
I have been browsing this site for most of evening and have decided to take the plunge and post!!

I am looking for some help and advice please with regards to adoption as we would like to give a rescue cat or two a loving home  .

My name is ********* and I live with my 4 year old son in West Yorkshire, out of town. We live in a house with a large garden enclosed with fencing, but do not have a cat flap. It is not on a busy road and we have to walk a good 5-7 mins to get to a bus stop on a main road and it’s an animal friendly area.

I work part-time and so I am at home most of the time. Mondays and Tuesdays are my busiest days at present (9:30am-2:30pm).

I have previously owned a cat in the past, so am used to them, but do not have any other animals.
We are currently looking to have a cat as we had one before, but Billi had to leave us when we were due to move into temporary accommodation and we couldn’t take him with us. We miss having him around, particularly my son who even now keeps asking me if I remember the ‘black and white cat’ where is cat, has he gone on holiday? and when can we have a cat?
However, now with a secure home and being settled we would now like to have a cat again.
I am hoping to have one or two cats. I am not too fussy if it is indoor or outdoor, or about the breed as long as it is short-haired (I don’t think – I would love an Bengal or an Egyptian Mau, but from reading about the Bengal in particular, I don’t think it would be suited to me as I have a 4yr old, nor can I pay £300+ for one, neither have I ever owned one before). I am not really looking for a young kitten, when Billi was young he was quite erratic at times (just normal kitten behaviour) but it would make my son nervous, also I would like a cat that has passed that phase, so I think that a cat that it a bit older would be better, although would like it to still like playing, if that makes any sense. We would just like 2 cats that are suited to us as much as we are suited to it and for them to have a happy home.

I have looked on cat chat, and looked at the cat protection site, but I found it a bit  confusing, as it has one branch that only homes cats in the Leeds area and the Wharfe Valley, which I thought I saw that it did house to the Bradford area, but then on their site it states that you would have to live in the Wharfe Valley area.

I could travel to Leeds, however, I do not drive, so I couldn’t travel too far, and I hope to be able to get my mum to drive me.
I haven’t had a home check but I am happy to have one, even though it makes me nervous, and we don’t want to be disappointed, (I think I have done too much reading one the net for one day : -P.
From looking on the net, I have seen that I shouldn’t bother with gumtree and preloved (am I right?) and I would like to home a cat that has been rescued rather than buy one. Also at least then I would know where the cat(s) are coming from, and not be ripped off and would like them to be vaccinated, deflea’d and neutered.
If anyone can help me, please could you send me a message? I am happy to answer any questions

Thanks for your help 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 23:59:50 PM by NasnUzi, Reason: removing personal details »

Link to CatChat