Author Topic: Has anyone tried any of these cat litters?  (Read 20373 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Has anyone tried any of these cat litters?
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2009, 08:54:20 AM »
Well, despite Zia being an incredibly messy cat with woodbased and Clean and Tidy litter, she seems fine with OKOPlus, there was hardly any mess this morning, whereas with Clean and Tidy, it could look like the hoover hadn't been out in days when I had only hoovered a hour earlier!! What is the best price on it, I paid £6.99 for 10l in PAH.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 21:41:06 PM »
Here goes....

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2009, 20:34:57 PM »
Thanks, i have fussy cats you see  :Luv2:

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2009, 20:24:08 PM »
Could you post a pic of the gold version pretty please?
No promlem, just gis a lil while, just in from work  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2009, 20:06:45 PM »
I dont find the OKO is tracking nearly as much as the Clean and Tidy.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2009, 19:49:34 PM »
Could you post a pic of the gold version pretty please?

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2009, 22:17:55 PM »
No problem hon.  ;D
It's just Oko but bigger & as we know exceptional odour controll. No mess at bottom of trays. Perfectly clumping etc.
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter/ecological_litter/43107

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2009, 22:10:36 PM »
Is nature's gold large crumbs like OKO? Or similar to wood pellets?
It'ss large crumb about the size of wood pellets (does that make sense) lol

OK... sorry to ask all the questions but think this sounds good. I am very fussy though! lol I don't like clay and don't like wood pellets so is it spongey like OKO? Odour control as good? Have you got a link to where I can buy it?

Offline Raggiemum

• Kitten
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2009, 21:56:36 PM »
I have been using OKO plus for the last 4 years and have been happy apart from the tracking  >:(  - i ran out and used Tesco lightweight non clumping for 3 days and it didn't track ATALL ! ? I still went back to cats best though ... and get the Dyson out everyday!  :evillaugh:

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2009, 21:46:38 PM »
It'ss large crumb about the size of wood pellets (does that make sense) lol

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 21:43:50 PM »

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2009, 21:43:31 PM »
Mine aint long haired either but they do get it in their paws. It's a bit dearer but a hell of a lot less tracking that oko plus. £22 30ltr at the mo from zooplus. I have been tempted by the Chick Crumb but i know it would crack me up eventually. I work hard & want to enjoy my babies when i get home not be annoyed cause of all the clearing up i have to do. I think you will like the Cats Best Nature Gold, just wish i could find something a bit cheaper  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2009, 21:36:49 PM »
Nature Gold works exactly like oko plus but has larger pellets for less tracking. It's meant to work better for longer haired cats.
:-)

They're not long haired just bloomin messy  :evillaugh: I might get a small bag of the nature gold to see if it's any better.  I used chick crumb for the first two years with the boys but the tracking with that got to me in the end, OKO tracks equally badly but the grains are bigger so easier to clear up and less dusty.

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2009, 21:33:04 PM »
Nature Gold works exactly like oko plus but has larger pellets for less tracking. It's meant to work better for longer haired cats.
:-)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 21:29:16 PM »
Oops, didn't word that very well - I haven't tried the Nature gold, I was just wishing there was a litter as good as OKO but without the tracking :wish:

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 21:26:52 PM »
Might have to re order the Cats best Nature Gold then. It doesn't wind me up like oko plus  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 20:24:22 PM »
Cats best Oko Plus V Cats best Nature Gold???? Anyone?
From what i can remember about Oko plus the tracking got right on my nerves but is it worth the extra for the Nature Gold if it's just a tracking issue?

I'm being driven crazy by the tracking of OKO but every other aspect of it is spot on ie good odour control, very low dust, lasts ages etc If they could just find a miracle cure to the issue of tracking I'd be a happy cat Mum  :naughty:

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2009, 19:50:23 PM »
Cats best Oko Plus V Cats best Nature Gold???? Anyone?
From what i can remember about Oko plus the tracking got right on my nerves but is it worth the extra for the Nature Gold if it's just a tracking issue?

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2009, 19:26:37 PM »
Must add that I do change the litter completely in my trays every day when using Biocatolet or Yesterdays News,   we only have two trays now and they are mainly for use at night,  during the day they dig up my flower bed !!  :naughty:     The only reason I use yesterdays news is that it doesnt track at all and it is the tracking that drives me to despair  >:(

You may like to know that the 30lb bag is only £7.99 from petplanet  :wow: £10 from r&l from memory

That is fantastic - thanks,  you have just save me £2 per bag xxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2009, 19:25:47 PM »
Must add that I do change the litter completely in my trays every day when using Biocatolet or Yesterdays News,   we only have two trays now and they are mainly for use at night,  during the day they dig up my flower bed !!  :naughty:     The only reason I use yesterdays news is that it doesnt track at all and it is the tracking that drives me to despair  >:(

You may like to know that the 30lb bag is only £7.99 from petplanet  :wow: £10 from r&l from memory

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 16:51:51 PM »
I wouldn't use anything other than Cat's Best OKO - I love the idea of removing wee clumps but hate clay litter. I just think other litters are really unhygienic where the wee stays in the litter until it is completely changed. We have 5 trays and 3 bags lasts around 5 - 6 weeks. Bearing in mind that 2 of our cats are CRF - Clapton especially does huge wees so with "normal" cats it would last even longer.

I'm the same Mark, if OKO can deal with the size wees that yours do and I find it doesn't smell even after Pinball has been using it then I can't see a better litter existing . I've tried loads of different litters of varying materials but other than WBCL and OKO I can't find anything else that stops my house smelling of eau de stud boy wee.   
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »
My wee lumps and everything else is taken out straight after they have been -so it never smells .

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 09:18:28 AM »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »
I wouldn't use anything other than Cat's Best OKO - I love the idea of removing wee clumps but hate clay litter. I just think other litters are really unhygienic where the wee stays in the litter until it is completely changed. We have 5 trays and 3 bags lasts around 5 - 6 weeks. Bearing in mind that 2 of our cats are CRF - Clapton especially does huge wees so with "normal" cats it would last even longer.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
The best ever litter I have found is 'Yesterdays News' from R&L,   doesnt track at all and that keeps me happy !,  Biocatolet i svery similar but tends to get a urine smell really quickly.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 08:23:01 AM »
i got CatsBEst OKO Plus on Sat from PAH, the wee clumps look very weird, but it is a lot lighter than the Clean and Tidy. Zia also doesn't seem to be able to scatter it as far, it was a lot easier to sweep up last night.
Please spay your cat

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 18:51:11 PM »
Iv started the everclean and so far im happy, the delivery was quick and the boxes turned up without holes  :wow: :wow:
With zooplus having raised their prices, R&L are winning by far  ;D
Im going to try the precious cat litter next time i order, anyone tried that?

www.rlpetproducts.co.uk

I am using Cat attract and have just tried Precious Cat - very similar only cheaper !
No problems and very quick delivery from R + L.
Have also bought from the shows when they have offers on -but think i will stick with them.

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 17:29:49 PM »
Did you find the cats best gold any better Gillian? - I am tempted to try it but not sure if it is worth the extra cost.
I am doing a trial on Cats best Gold at the mo. I was using Bob Martin antibac clumping from Asda. It wa getting to the stage where i could hardl move my wheely bin by the end of the week. Due to the warmer weather the tryas have been smelling too do i have been changing them more frequently, hence using more litter.
Been using the Cats best Gold for about a week now.
Very light weight
Absolutely no urine smell
Doesn't track half as must as the original Cats best (which used to do my head in!!!!)
Perfectly clumping(not had to change the litter yet, just top it up)
I will keep you informed  ;D as to how the trial goes. I have 3 indoor cats & i use a storage box as a litter tray as Tiggz used to wee over the top of the other trays.
So far so good, just wondering if i can make it last a month,if so it won't be anymore expensive for me than my previous litter. Cats best Gold £22 @  Zooplus for 3 x 10ltr bags V Bob Martin £5.25 for 20ltr & i was using about 5 a month.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 17:37:53 PM by Mollyrock »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »
i went back to clean and tidy at the weekend, and have had no issues with clumps breaking up, and haven't noticed any smell - it is good that you can't smell poos until you look in the tray too!! I just wish Zia couldnt scatter it as much - they have a covered tray, but Molly would rather use the bed than use the tray with a door on it!! I went for the Multicat one this time, I think i just got the ordinary one last time.

I could definitely smell when Jaffa did a poo the other night  :sick:  Mind you, I was sat right by the tray  :rofl:  The golden grey performs better for me.  Just a shame zooplus have put the price up :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 07:58:11 AM »
i went back to clean and tidy at the weekend, and have had no issues with clumps breaking up, and haven't noticed any smell - it is good that you can't smell poos until you look in the tray too!! I just wish Zia couldnt scatter it as much - they have a covered tray, but Molly would rather use the bed than use the tray with a door on it!! I went for the Multicat one this time, I think i just got the ordinary one last time.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 19:25:45 PM »
Iv started the everclean and so far im happy, the delivery was quick and the boxes turned up without holes  :wow: :wow:
With zooplus having raised their prices, R&L are winning by far  ;D
Im going to try the precious cat litter next time i order, anyone tried that?

www.rlpetproducts.co.uk

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2009, 16:45:40 PM »
I'm filling it 3-4 inches deep which should be enough for the clumps not to break up. 

I guess there's no such thing as the perfect litter - just ones we can live with better than others!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2009, 13:17:40 PM »
When I used it I found you had to make sure you had a really good depth of litter otherwise the clumps do indeed break up. And yes, I agree about the smell, it says on the pack something like 'botanical essences' but to me it smells sort of disinfectant!  ;D However, I've actually kept using it in the upstairs trays (1 for BB and 1 for Lacie) because on carpet it doesnt track as much as Cats Best which I've got in the downstairs trays.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »
I'm not overly impressed with this now.  It is ok, but the clumps tend to break up which doesn't happen with the golden grey.  It is cheaper than the golden grey so I will stick with it for a while, but I think I will go back to the golden grey eventually. 

The multi cat one is quite strongly perfumed.  I don't  mind that and the boys are happy to use it, but something to be aware of if you have cats that dont' like perfumed litter.  I think I might buy some of the normal to  mix in with the multi cat - I'm guessing that the multi cat has more frangrance than the normal one.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2009, 19:58:12 PM »
I oprdered 2 types, activbloc and heavy duty, it doesnt tell you whats different so i thought il find out the hard way and trial them myself  :tired:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 18:48:46 PM »
Did you find the cats best gold any better Gillian? - I am tempted to try it but not sure if it is worth the extra cost.

Only slightly better with regard to tracking to be honest.

Iv just ordered some Everclean from R&L, if this isnt what i like then im stuck with pah clumping in tiddly bags or the clean n tidy in bigger bags but i didnt like it first time round  :tired:

I think you'll like Everclean - its the best clay litter I've tried and I've tried a few  :innocent: which did you order? funnily enough I liked the ordinary Freshclean better than the Less Track, it was finer and more sandy.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 17:18:08 PM »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 16:36:38 PM »
Iv just ordered some Everclean from R&L, if this isnt what i like then im stuck with pah clumping in tiddly bags or the clean n tidy in bigger bags but i didnt like it first time round  :tired:
Before you say it, i have to have clay down for Tazs benefit  ;) just so happens the others prefer it too  :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 23:47:38 PM »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 23:40:47 PM »
I've tried the PAH ultra clumping too now. I do like the fact it doesnt track, but its heavy and can get sticky in the bottom of the tray - so I'm sticking with Cats Best for now.  :)

Link to CatChat