Author Topic: The answer to my question.......................  (Read 16562 times)

fuzziesdad

Re: The answer to my question.......................
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2007, 18:01:07 PM »
of coarse herbie is the priority here why do you think the RSPCA are hanging it out you can see from this how long I have been at it.
http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2002/9/12/150453.html

and there have been many dozens of cases that I have had dealings with they did not learn from this one so why should they learn from herbies case,but for some kind soul who knew where herbie had been taken jo would never have known about his whereabouts and it does accur to me that the RSPCA are holding this case up as a lesson to people who do not tow their line.
they have truly become the animal police and as time goes on and they use their hobnails on some unsuspecting small rescue(s) we are going to wonder how we have let it happen,true that campaigning does work even in a small way sometimes but all the time people think of them as some sort of holy grail nothing will be done unless of coarse it affects them in some large way. 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2007, 17:20:16 PM »
The problem here is if the RSPCA were allowed to get away from this situation scott free then THEY would consider this as setting some kind of precedent

I know exactly what you say, but hopefully they will have learnt a lesson from this, and to make the RSPCA learn  lessons is not a good reason to make Herbie suffer trauma once again.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2007, 16:23:59 PM »
I do know who you must be feeling  :( however, the longer it goes on the more Herbie will be settled in his new home. Please think about Herbies interest and not about how cross you are with the RSPCA, and that you have the chance to get even with them,  especially after all the trauma he has suffered. It may well be that Herbie now needs to be kept as an indoor cat, can you offer him this?

Obviously  if  you can have him back and you insist on doing so in spite of the fact that it may not be in his interest, as you know you will need to pay the vet bill, especially as his accident quite possibly could have been prevented had he  been neutered and if he were chipped you would have been contacted immediately.

The problem here is if the RSPCA were allowed to get away from this situation scott free then THEY would consider this as setting some kind of precedent I have campaigned for years to stop them taking cats from the streets(and I know this one came from a vet who operated on him and understand that it could have been avoided and have discussed this with jo) and all of us know that having a cat and not neutering and chipping it is asking for trouble ........but that does not get away from the cold fact that it is not a legal requirement as yet, to have any animal neutered or chipped, with the new law the RSPCA will try and make this so ....but why oh why did they not think about making this law while they were lobbying the government to bring in this new animal welfare law............simple really because it would probably put them and a lot of us out of a job.
there is never a simple answer to this question of neutering and chipping until its made law then we will all have to get it done or suffer the consequences.
As for herbie its obvious that the RSPCA don't think as we do ela otherwise they would have homed him a lot further away as it is when he is let out he might go back to his rightful (in law) owners.

It always looks like I really have it in for the RSPCA and as far as their policies are concerned I do,as far as their attitude I do,and when you have a local shelter(who normally I would have no problem with) does something like this(and I have no doubt HQ have had something to say about this) re-homing an injured cat within a few miles of the original owner,all within 10 days smacks a little of crass stupidity and you must remember these people will be policing the new law and giving out advice to the public.   

Offline Sambo

• Kitten
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2007, 14:16:38 PM »
Good luck talking to the solicitor.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2007, 11:28:58 AM »
I do know who you must be feeling  :( however, the longer it goes on the more Herbie will be settled in his new home. Please think about Herbies interest and not about how cross you are with the RSPCA, and that you have the chance to get even with them,  especially after all the trauma he has suffered. It may well be that Herbie now needs to be kept as an indoor cat, can you offer him this?

Obviously  if  you can have him back and you insist on doing so in spite of the fact that it may not be in his interest, as you know you will need to pay the vet bill, especially as his accident quite possibly could have been prevented had he  been neutered and if he were chipped you would have been contacted immediately.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:30:02 AM by Ela »

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »
Hi everyone just a update, we had a letter from the rspca saying that they just had to keep him 7 days which they done and the vets bill were around £480, reading the letter they were trying to get out off it and to try and shut us up.  We have to ring the solitaire tomorrow to see were we stand and see if we have a chance to get him back? :(  I will keep yous updated. Joanne xxxx

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »
It that  :( as in no news Jo or for bad news

:hug:
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2007, 10:36:04 AM »
 :(

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2007, 10:17:59 AM »
 :thanks: everyone i will let yous know as soon possible. :)

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2007, 16:55:37 PM »
Just read this the whole way through and am completely gobsmacked!!!!!

Fingers crossed that you get Herbie
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 16:54:06 PM »
Loads of luck  ;D

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 15:51:05 PM »
HI Roger,  I think i have them rattled as well as it has been passed to a higher person!!! :evillaugh:

fuzziesdad

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 15:50:02 PM »
sounds like you have got them rattled,hope it turns out OK.
ROGER.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 15:22:00 PM »
Good luck Jo  :luck: I Hope it all worls out for both families  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 15:02:41 PM »
Hi everyone
Good new we had a letter from the rspca and they have taken the case to the highest person who is going to contact me in a couple of days. :shy:
Fingers crossed ;D

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2007, 22:27:28 PM »
Hi Jo and a very warm   :welcome:  to Purrs.

Just caught up with this thread - read it from start to finish.

I hope that everything resolves itself and I am sending positive vibes your way.

Good luck   :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2007, 17:25:43 PM »
I do hope the RSPCA branch are rattled over the knuckles, however I think the interest of Herbie is paramount now, I think perhaps a meeting with all concerned parties is perhaps they way to go. It could be that it may now be in Herbie's best interest to be kept as an indoor cat or at least predominately indoors, which family would be in a position to off this?

Also I would imagine you will have a huge bill to pay especially as the accident was quite possibly due to Herbie being unneutered and allowed out before neutering. Then again if he is to be returned I am sure that you expect nothing less than to pay all the fees and be delighted to so.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 16:05:15 PM by Ela »

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2007, 17:22:44 PM »
No need for kid gloves with those  :censored: s!

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2007, 17:13:15 PM »
Cheers Dave, my anger has moved away from the family and onto the rspca. :wow: Now we are ready for the rspca. :shy:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2007, 16:58:36 PM »
Ihope it's a good result for you. Whatever happens, please don't blame the other family - they've probably been lied to as well. That's what incompetent officials usually do, blame whoever complains about them.
Fingers crossed here too.

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2007, 16:40:52 PM »
HI everyone some news on herbie came today, the rspca sent me a letter tell me that they are taking my complaint seriously and an investorator is on the case and he will get in touch in a couple off days. Fingers crossed.  :hug:

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2007, 08:41:30 AM »
 :thanks: everyone, i think its just that i want my herbie back. :'(  I started wanting one after seeing bubbles and her babies they are soo cute. x :Luv:

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2007, 16:20:53 PM »
I agree with teh others, you need to see what the situation with Herbie is going to be first. But, if the RSPCA say he has to stay with his current owners, then there is nothing wrong with adopting another, it isn't replacing a cat, it is helping to fill a gap they have left - jsut make sure all future cats are neutered and chipped, then you shouldn't have to go through anything like this again.
Please spay your cat

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2007, 16:18:02 PM »
I agree withy what Ela & Gill have said. Also if you do get Herbie back (fingers crossed) you will be introducing cats to each other twice so, depending on the situation, perhaps it would be better to wait.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 16:13:31 PM »
feel like i need to replace Herbie as soon as poss

You can never replace Herbie. You can however, take in another little one, however I think it would be wise to wait and see what the position is with Herbie. Also you would need to make sure that if you adopted another cat it would get on with other cats just in case you do eventually get Herbie back.

Have the other cats now been neutered/spayed? If not a rescue would possibly want to wait until they have before homing.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 16:40:30 PM by Ela »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 15:58:41 PM »
Although Herbie is not currently with you he will always be in your heart. You can never replace a cat, its just not allowed.  ;D

Do you know if you are likely to get Herbie back? If so then you need to consider this very carefully before making a decision.

If not, you go with your heart and if can offer a home to a needy cat and your others will accept that, goooooooooo for it, but never forget Herbie  ;D

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2007, 15:47:44 PM »
Hi, i need a little advice, i feel like i need to replace herbie as soon as poss as its killing me not having him there as he always needed me and my 2 girls are alot more indepentant. Do you think it is to soon?  :'(

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2007, 08:15:38 AM »
Hi HippykittY, I had Herbie over 2 years.  I agree with everything you say.  :thanks:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2007, 22:15:11 PM »
Perhaps one possible solution would be for the cat to return to jo, but for his new family to visit from time to time. I can't remember how long jo had had the cat, but I think it was considerably longer than a couple of weeks.
For me love for a cat grows, it isn't just that instant aaahhhh we all feel. The habits ingrained by the daily caring for a cat: it's feeding, sleeping, grooming and play routine create a strong bond which is greatly missed when the cat isn't with us, for whatever reason.
The RSPCA are undoubtedl the villains here, but now that they have committed the crime, the consequences have to be dealt with.
Good luck jo.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2007, 17:34:12 PM »
I had never had a cat and hated them till Kocka walked into my garden over 10 yrs ago.

I think it was love at first site and I was rushing to the supermarket in my lunchtime the first day to buy tins of food incase she was still there and hungry when I got home.

Cats get their paws in a heart so quickly, sick or not and I agree that RSPCA have a lot to answer for in this case and two families have been very upset due to their over hasty action.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 09:23:30 AM »
The RSPCA have exhibited a large amount of incompetence by not checking for Herbies home thoroughly enough - but then again, what's new? I hope that the issue is resolved with the least amount of upset to both parties and Herbie is back where he belongs soon.

Yes - I agree with you there.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2007, 09:20:23 AM »
I agree with Susanne, Jo. The point is those people chose Herbie from however many other cats were in the shelter. Which means they felt something drawing them towards him straightaway. Sometimes it doesn't matter how long you've lived with something, you just feel it's meant to be with you. But I can understand that's it's easier to feel angry towards them, because otherwise you'd probably feel awful that you're trying to get Herbie back.

The RSPCA have exhibited a large amount of incompetence by not checking for Herbies home thoroughly enough - but then again, what's new? I hope that the issue is resolved with the least amount of upset to both parties and Herbie is back where he belongs soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »
If I was in your shoes yes I would be angry and upset but I dont' think being angry at the other family will get you anwhere.  They are as much victims in this as you are.  They didn't steal your cat from you - they thought they were giving a home to a homeless cat - and now they face losing the cat they've grown to love.  How does it make a difference that he's in a cage?  When I got Jaffa he was ill shortly after I brought him home.  I was devastated at the thought of losing him even though I'd had him less than 9 days as I loved him to bits.

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2007, 08:46:49 AM »
Hi susanne, no i dont think it is harsh, im to bitter and anger to feel anything for the family as they are aware we were there wanting our herbie back.  They had him 9 days and its not as though he was running around and playing with them as he is in a cage so he cant damage himself anymore. Sorry if you think im being to harsh but im sure if you were in my place you would feel the same.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2007, 08:40:12 AM »
That's a little harsh isn't it, Jo?  I'm sure they took the little one on in good faith.  Yes I think they should have returned the cat when they found out he actually belonged to someone else but iirc (sorry can't see all posts) the rspca just had a word with them so you can't be sure exactly what they were told?  They have probably bonded with the cat by now and although I still think they should give the cat back to you it's no doubt a difficult time for them too.  The RSPCA are the villains of the piece here, imo, not this other family who just tried to give a home to what they thought was a homeless cat.

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 08:35:50 AM »
I dont at all feel sorry for the new family, as they know we were there wanting herbie back they only had him 9 days and they said no!!
 So to me and my partener we dont feel sorry for them at all. Joanne x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 12:37:49 PM »
Good Luck, I also feel sorry for the Family who adopted the little one.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:53 PM »
 :welcome: Hi Jo :)

Best of luck from me and our clan of 3... Hope you are reunited with your little man soon.

Alot of us on here are not in favour of the RSPCA from hearing stories (or experiencing first hand) their rubbish handling of situations!

Let us know how it goes - I for one am rooting for you!

Dawn xxx
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »
Hi everyone,      I would just like to thank you's for all your support!!!!  I will keep you up dated as i need to speak with rspca today.   :)

Joanne xxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007, 16:09:01 PM »
Hi Jo

:welcome: to Purrs.

I take it you're the owner mentioned in the first post?

Good luck getting your cat back.

Link to CatChat