Author Topic: The answer to my question.......................  (Read 16564 times)

fuzziesdad

Re: The answer to my question.......................
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2007, 16:08:25 PM »
welcome to purrs jo good to see things have moved on. :welcome:

saffron

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2007, 15:59:30 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, fully support you in getting your furbabe back & hope the solicitor will throw the full weight of the law against the rspca

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2007, 15:09:03 PM »
Hi Tan, Thanks for your support, it start to really get your down when people keep saying you should have done this and that,  me and Stephen no now.  We have are fingers crossed we will get him back. Stephen spoke to the solicitor last night and he told us to write a letter to the rspca which we have done and sent away today so i will let everyone no what happens, he also advised us to contact the police as it is thief!! :thanks:  Joanne

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 14:59:25 PM »
Hi Jo welcome to Purrs. I wish it was under better circumstances  :(

I sooo hope that Herbie can come home to you. Keep fighting for him. Sending positive thoughts  :hug: :hug:

Unbelievable whats happened.  :sad no:

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 14:51:21 PM »
Hi everyone, i have looked at all your comments and i agree i should off had him chipped and neutered,  but it doesnt take the fact away that i am not the one in the wrong.  With many thanks to Roger for all his advice we now have a solicitor on the case!!!  :shy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 00:45:35 AM »
I not sure I seen a picture of Fuzzie before and what a handsome cat.  ;D I can understand why you are so sad about him being gone for so long.

Mine are all chipped now even madam Sasa but no collars cos they scare me.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 22:13:17 PM »
my wife and I beat ourselves up every day if only we had fuzz chipped she might still be with us having said that many hundreds of cats have been saved or found because she went missing (only thing that lets me sleep at night) its been very nearly six years and we still talk about her as if she was still with us.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 21:52:00 PM »
It is a personal decision, with hindsight I will never forgive myself for not having Firbee chipped.  When he went missing my friend and I searched everybodys shed ( with permision) and we found a young ginger and white cat in one very frightened, well fed and neutered. he obviously belonged to someone.  Ally (my friend) has great tenacity and she thought she saw markings from a collar on the cats neck. so she searched for hours and eventually came up with a release collar with his owners phone no on it. He wasnt chipped.  His owners were dellighted to get him back, but what if she did not find the collar and what if his owners missed the posters etc, what if? with a chip you have a better chance of getting you pets back. Mine are all done now, its the best chance they have if they do go missing.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 21:24:14 PM »

Maybe collars are a better idea. Visible to all. But dangerous to puss.

And also very easy to fall off (after all, the idea of safety collars is that they will come off very easily) or remove.

Why should you chip them?  Well what if your house was burgled and your cats frightened to the point where they wandered a bit further than they usually go, or they were involved in a rta, or they climbed into a vehicle and got driven away somewhere?  They may not be found by anyone who would scan them, but if they were then that's you contacted very quickly.  If they weren't chipped what's the chances of you being reunited with them?  I think it's unlikely Jaffa would really need his chip.  He's never got outside in the 9 years I've had him and he's so timid that if he did I think he'd just hide nearby rather than wander, but there is always that possiblity and the thought of him languishing in a pen at a rescue because he had no id was enough for me to get him chipped.  As it's not compulsory it's totally down to you or anyone else whether they chip their furbabes but I don't see it as something I'm being made to do - it's something I want to do.  Something that is for my (and my cats) benefit.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 17:18:13 PM »
Okay, I'd go along with a law to chip all cats regardless IF it was also compulsory for a stray to be scanned immediately.
But this brings up the odd scenario of cats being whipped off the streets to be scanned!

Maybe collars are a better idea. Visible to all. But dangerous to puss.

Why should I chip my fur rugs? They have a mad-half-hour in the house everyday, saunter to food bowls and litter trays, then go back to sleep. Occasionally they'll walk down the garden and back for their constutional.
Oh, and the rest of the time, they sit on me or pretend to be fur rugs.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 20:30:25 PM »
What gets me is the quote from the RSPCA ..."once a cat is in the care of the RSPCA the owners have NO rights"  who the hell do they think they are! 
once the new law is set in stone no doubt tinkering will occur and this could become possible.
GOOD LAW not so sure about the policing.

I think it's a good idea for all cats, tbh.  Mine are indoor cats but they are still chipped in case they get out and lost.  It's not so much a case of making it compulsory to chip (although I do think that would be a good idea) but most people want to maximise the chances of being reunited with their pet should it go missing and chipping is one way in which they can do that.  Even if a lot of rescues and vets don't scan routinely just the fact that some do is enough for me to feel it's worthwhile.
a very good point and for about £10/20 its got to be worth it.
roger.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 19:49:19 PM »
Chipping is undoubtedly a good idea for most free-roaming cats. If only they were always scanned when picked up.

I think it's a good idea for all cats, tbh.  Mine are indoor cats but they are still chipped in case they get out and lost.  It's not so much a case of making it compulsory to chip (although I do think that would be a good idea) but most people want to maximise the chances of being reunited with their pet should it go missing and chipping is one way in which they can do that.  Even if a lot of rescues and vets don't scan routinely just the fact that some do is enough for me to feel it's worthwhile.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 19:38:10 PM »
What gets me is the quote from the RSPCA ..."once a cat is in the care of the RSPCA the owners have NO rights"  who the hell do they think they are! 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 19:15:04 PM »
mark if you scroll down the sponsors you will find mymoggy and my site there debby has promised that they will eventually have a full cats page. 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 19:09:41 PM »
My vet www.bakervet.co.uk chips all new customers FOC which is a great sweetener - he also send referrees a sainsbur's gift voucher (no wonder he's so  :censored: expensive!)

I notice the vetsgetscanning website only refers to dogs - which is a shame
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 19:10:05 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

fuzziesdad

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 18:36:59 PM »
where we are in wales IF one of ours done a runner more probably one of the two youngest both have collars and are chipped that might come back to us immediately because of the phone number on the tag but if a cat went missing with just a chip I doubt whether it would go to a vet (that might cost but I know most of the vets in this area will scan and give an MOT  free of charge) so it more or less defeats the object of having one and as I said before somewhere else two thirds of vets do NOT scan cats unknown to them but are still will to take your money to put one in.
lets hope the day when it becomes law to have a microchip is not to far away (you might have thought that if the RSPCA are so pedantic about having them put in they would have lobbied to have it put in the new law) but then where would they get a good supply of animals without looking to far or is that me being a bit cynical :tired:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 17:55:03 PM »
Ela, as is often the case, you have misunderstood my point.
I'm in favour of cats being chipped if it is felt to be appropriate by the owner. My oldies hardly leave the fireside and have a litter tray indoors, but are allowed access outdoors if they want.

My point is: EVEN WHERE CATS ARE CHIPPED, THE RSPCA ETC OFTEN DON'T BOTHER SCANNING. I'm having a go at the RSPCA, not saying that chipping is a bad idea where cats are often outside, roaming.

I also disagree with the idea of a police state in which all cats should be tagged and accounted for, regardless of individual circumstance.

Chipping is undoubtedly a good idea for most free-roaming cats. If only they were always scanned when picked up.

Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 16:47:01 PM »
OK I have the full story now from the cats owner.
he went missing on the 5th of feb got into a row with a car and went to a vet where he had a pelvic op onto the RSPCA homing centre Newcastle where by the 16th he was homed the boy was identified by his collar he was not chipped or neutered.
Few questions here why was he homed so quickly especially after having a pelvic op why when the RSPCA knew he had an owner did they continue to re-home him.
the new law is not actually law yet so the fact that he was not neutered or chipped does not come into the equation ok we all know he should have had both done but it is not yet against the law to not have him done.
the lady was told that now the cat was in their(RSPCA'S) possession she had no legal right over the cat,I don't know about you but I certainly would dispute this and I am sure a solicitor will know her rights there have been several cases that will set a precedence here and all the owners got their cats back.
why oh why don't the RSPCA learn from their previous mistakes surely it would have been better to admonish the lady charge her for any ops chipping neutering and have it put in the paper this would have been far better than upsetting so many people everyone would have seen the lesson in this and everyone would have been happy apart from  the husbands wallet.

the lady in hopes of getting the cat back and there are things being done now that might bring him back without to much fuss for his sake I hope he does find his way back to his mum(which he might yet do as he has only been homed a few miles from his mums home something else that does not stack up would any of you have homed him so close to his old home I mean do these people know anything about cats?)

I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS IS THE END OF THIS STORY.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 07:59:28 AM »
Susanne - my neighbours 'reason' for not having her cats chipped is that she thinks the needle is too big and will hurt them - when I had mine done, the first question she asked was 'did it hurt' - unfortunately, Pebbles was the first I had done, and she bit the vet nurse, so it reinforced my neighbours view - the other 3 haven't been bothered though. If anything happened to her cats, she would be lucky to get them back, as they are unchipped and dont wear collars - they are both unusual colours though, so if it was in the immediate area, they might be recognised - one of them sadly loves to climb in people's cars and neighbours have had to come home more than once cos she was in their car and they didn't check before setting off!!
Please spay your cat

fuzziesdad

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 22:28:55 PM »
I have been in contact with the reporter who wrote the story and she is passing on info to the lady who has lost her cat,so we will see if she contacts me?

fuzziesdad

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 22:23:14 PM »
I agree with dave there should be more public info about chipping but some will say whats the point when about two thirds of vets do not scan unknown animals.
a site you might like to look at is
http://www.vetsgetscanning.co.uk

there lots of good info and backed by a celebrity.
roger

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 16:35:20 PM »
My first two came from a rescue that didn't supply any information)

I think nowadays more and more rescues are chipping so hopefully in the not to distant future more and more pets will be chipped. I think the biggest worry now is that cats and dogs that are homed to so called good homes from 'normal' families who continue to let their pets breed in spite of knowing the dangers.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:43:43 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 16:05:35 PM »
Everyone here knows about microchipping of course, but until I started visiting Cat Chat (through which I got my third cat, Bramble) I wasn't really aware of it. There needs to be a lot more publicity before we can say that a responsible "owner" would invariably have their pet chipped. (My first two came from a rescue that didn't supply any information)

fuzziesdad

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 14:00:28 PM »
The reasons our Branch of Cats Protection chip:-

this was one of the good things to come out of my time with the CP,of coarse all pets inc cats should be chipped and it should be law that they are ......but until it is  good old joe public will take the path of less resistance = not paying for a chip you can get chips put in now for about £10  so really there is no excuse but people being people they lose their cats and then think it is a good idea to get them chipped.
Ron has the right idea if he takes in a stray he chips it and if its claimed he asks them for the money it cost to do so and normally they are so glad to get their cat back they pay up.
As I have said I do not know the full details of this story yet,I will do soon.
roger.   
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 14:02:45 PM by fuzziesdad »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 08:53:31 AM »
who was in a dispute over ownership of her cat?)

How right you are, whenever we have pics of cats in the paper, at least one of them is claimed by their so called owner. Sometimes the same cat has been claimed by 3 people. In these cases we ask for a photo, sometimes you just cannot believe the difference. On one occasion a man was so insistant that the cat was his it was terrible yet we knew by the time scale there was no way it could have been (we had the cat in care long before the claimer had lost his cat). He said he had the cats sister so I asked him if he would go to the vet for a blood test and we would take our cat. We never heard from him again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 08:21:27 AM »
I can't really understand why anyone would not chip their pet.  If it goes missing a chip may not reunite pet and owner but there's a good chance it will.  Without a chip the odds drop substantially.  Even if the pet has a collar, collar's can come off and a cat picked up with no id is much less likely to be reunited with it's owners (and then there's the problem of proving the pet is yours.  remember that post on here a while back - or may have been catchat - about someone who was in a dispute over ownership of her cat?)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 08:05:39 AM »
I don't accept that all cats SHOULD be chipped in order to prevent the RSPCA stealing them.

The reasons our Branch of Cats Protection chip:-

WHY MICRO-CHIP?                                                  
Losing a pet can be heartbreaking, and an unsuccessful search even more so. Affectionately referred to as "immunizing against homelessness",  the micro-chipping procedure is no more painful than a vaccination,  and carried  out the same way. The  small  chip  (about the size of a grain of rice)  is   inserted painlessly  under the  skin  between the  cat's  shoulder  blades.  Each   chip   carries  a   unique   number   and   this,  along   with details of  the cat,  is  held indefinitely  on  a  national  database. The  microchip  number  can  be read using a scanner; we have four  costing  almost  £200  each  and  all vets have them, it then takes just a phone call to the national register and it will quickly bring  up  the  cat's details.
A few weeks ago a vet asked us if we would take in a cat that had been handed in as a stray. indirectly his microchip helped us to find out more about  him who we now know was named Murphy. The vets could not contact the registered owners; all they could find out was it had treatment in 2001 at another vets for seizures so asked if we could take the cat in. With the cat came the registered details of the owner. The owners name rang a bell so I did a computer search and found we had homed a cat to her in Sept 2000, not Murphy but a female named Nancy.  I asked one of our homing officers to call at the the last registered address which was  miles away from the area in which Murphy was found and we were told  and the  couple had split up a year ago and that Murphy had gone missing a year before the split. We were also given the name of the boyfriend and where they both worked. I phoned the Post Office and was told the owner had now moved to a Sheffield office and to phone them, the number I was given was unobtainable so I rang the Post Office again and was told oh! yes that office was closing down and all the employees are now split all over the country, I then asked if it would be possible to speak with the ex-boyfriend.  Finally I managed to get hold of him and he advised me that the registered owner was now in New Zealand and at the time Murphy went missing she was devastated but thought he must have passed away somewhere in view of his condition. Murphy came into care and had a few fits within a short time, so Virginia took him to our vets who did every test possible to try to see what was actually wrong with him, all the tests drew a blank, so Murphy was treated for epilepsy he is a lovely friendly cat who would just like to be petted at various intervals through the day, he is on medication for life and needs constant love and care and observation through the day. He is big black and handsome and a cat to be proud of. 
Very recently a cat was found on a main road in Chesterfield it was take to our vets where it received medical attention and was found to be blind, although it was micro-chipped they could not trace the owner so they asked us if we would take it in. The telephone number and address were in Kent, I contacted the Cats Protection nearest to the given address and they went to the house and found out that the family have moved out over 3 years ago and no one knew where. The surname was unusual so I logged onto Directory enquiries for the Kent area, no luck, so I then looked in the London area and there were 2 families listed with that surname, I rang them both but no luck, I had of course looked in our local book, I then rang directory enquiries and asked if anyone with that surname was listed as ex-directory, wonderful there were two families. I explained the position and asked if it were possible for them to ring the families and ask if they had come from Kent and had lost a cat, of course you know the answer. I then decided to ask the local paper if they could put an appeal in. A while later I received a call from one of the office workers, she actually knew a gentleman with that surname through his work with the children of Chernobyl and would ask him to ring me. Yes, it was his cat who had been missing for about a week, a few days before she (now we know her name is Sophie) had disappeared, Sophie had a stroke and the family thought she had gone away to die,  (I did explain that was an old wife’s tale) Sophie was not blind the last time the family had seen her so perhaps she had been involved in some other sort of trauma. She is now back with her family thanks indirectly to the Micro-chip and hopefully she will recover . 
Apparently there are only 8 families in the country with the surname, the owner still works in Essex  but lives in Chesterfield, he advised me that he thought the new vet (who was not our vet) would have automatically informed the micro chip company of his change of address.
Another happy ending.
Then there is the other side, we were told that a cat had been hanging around a garage forecourt for about 4 weeks, Virginia went to  investigate and scanned the cat, she was so excited when she found it had been chipped, on contacting the owner she was told Oh! Lucy went missing a year ago I have 2 more cats now, do I have to have her back? The answer is simple, no you don't have to have Lucy back, we will find a home that deserves her, however, I do not know how anyone could not   be delighted and happy to be reunited with a pet no matter how long ago it had been missing and how many more pets they had adopted since then.
PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOU MOVE HOME IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU INFORM THE MICROCHIP COMPANY SO THEY CAN AMEND THEIR RECORDS.

There are just so many reasons to chip.  Many cats have been reunited with their owners  within a very short time of being found due to a chip. Only last week an  old cat was found in one of our fosterers garden.  She scanned it and found it was from about 15 miles away.  A a call   to the chip company and the owner and the 22 year old cat and owner were reunited. Her owners had been searching for the cat for many hours however, there are many villages and a couple of Towns between cat and owner, also a different Cats Protection deals with their area so  had the cat no chip  I doubt if they would have been ever reunited with their much loved pet.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 02:58:53 AM »
I'm sure I read a thread on this forum not long ago concerning the RSPCA not scanning for microchips. Was it something to do with a cat which had been in a RTA?

I don't accept that all cats SHOULD be chipped in order to prevent the RSPCA stealing them. Nor do I wish to put collars on my cats. But my cats are known in the local neighbourhood to be mine. I wonder if the RSPCA are so cavalier concerning the ownership of dogs.

It's time that disreputable organisation was investigated and overhauled.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 00:34:12 AM »
RSPCA re-homing a microchipped cat their excuse was the battery had run down and they could not afford to get a new one
Battery run down? What kind of excuse is that the readers just take normal AA's, at least our readers do anyway.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 08:06:40 AM by Ela »

fuzziesdad

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 23:42:55 PM »
Saffy and myself have been asking the RSPCA to explain some of their policies for the last 3 years beanie and so far we have never had any answer  and I take your point about chipping but even this process has not stopped the RSPCA re-homing a microchipped cat their excuse was the battery had run down and they could not afford to get a new one its the old left hand right hand syndrom or do as we say but its OK for us to bend and break the rules.
roger.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 23:20:57 PM »
Well I'm going to be out of step with some of you guys. The main point for me is whether the cat has a good home. I have seen first hand crocodile tears over a cat's disappearance locally in the last few months on two cats that we found and, thankfully, both cats are now re-homed elsewhere albeit woith the owner's knowledge. The tears lasted for so long.

>:(My point is that if anyone cares about their cat - regardless of the law not addressing microchipping - they will have them chipped and wearing a safety collar with ID. No ifs or buts or maybes. There is enough information out there so I don't accept ignorance. I can't help but wonder if this cat had his vaccinations up to date or had ever had veterinary care. The two often go hand in hand.

I am staggered at the time mentioned below at rehoming after major surgery. Surely this is a typo; if not it is hugely disturbing and the RSPCA should be asked to explain their policy on this.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

saffron

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 21:26:21 PM »

I also hope the new family will have second thoughts & return the cat.
What I meant regards the chipping was the fact that we have had so many stories with vets & rescues not scanning  & people  (plus the pet) going through so much distress before being re united with their owner, which has come about due to the owners perserverance in searching rather than someone using a scanner. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 18:37:00 PM »
I do wonder how the original owner can be so certain this really is her cat, actually.  It sounds like she's not actually seen the cat so presumably is just going by the fact that it matches the description.  It probably is but I'd imagine it's hard to be completely sure.

The trouble with proving ownership is the onus is on the owner to prove the cat is theirs.  The owner needs to prove theft.  Microchipping is one way of identifying the cat  but not the only way.   Microhipping might not be a legal requirement but if the cat had been chipped it sounds like the owner would have got him back without a problem.  I assume the owner has other things such as vet records, photographs etc?  If I was her I would certainly pursue this.  Shame on the new family for not relinquishing the cat although I do wonder what exactly they were told by the rspca.  Maybe the publicity will cause them to rethink that.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 18:37:59 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 18:15:26 PM »
Thats a good point Saffy - bad practice homing a cat during a recovery period as well. I dont think it shows you can say goodbye regardless of chipping though, they did say that it wasn't, so they must have checked.
Please spay your cat

saffron

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 18:07:12 PM »
Well the way I read this was that the rspca had operated on a broken pelvis & rehomed this cat all in a week?????? I'm afraid to say this shows how if by accident your pet gets out & regardless if its chipped or not, if the rspca pick it up you can say goodbye to your pet

fuzziesdad

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 18:02:09 PM »
microchip your cat................yes I could not agree more ..................but it is still not a legal requirement and surely this is theft by finding? i will know more about this tomorrow as the reporter is contacting me with the full low down sometimes there more to the story than has been told.
roger.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 18:01:37 PM »
This is ridiculous!   Good old RSPCA again, eh? Bl**dy hell !

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 16:53:33 PM »
Very sad for the owner and over hasty behaviour by the rspca but the moral of the story is get your pet microchipped.

I agree Susanne. My heart goes out Joanne  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 16:42:00 PM »
Very sad for the owner and over hasty behaviour by the rspca but the moral of the story is get your pet microchipped.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 15:22:57 PM »
there was a court case in Brighton about 4 years ago and I am sure that will have set a precedent I will try and contact the reporter next week this really does the RSPCA no good in the public eye and if I were to be a bit cynical I might think it was an act of revenge for not having the cat chipped I mean how long did they try to find the owner?
roger.

Link to CatChat