Author Topic: Mojo Beautiful Tabby Boy  (Read 9781 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Mojo Beautiful Tabby Boy
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2009, 10:34:37 AM »
I'm moving this thread to the sorted section now.  :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2009, 22:28:34 PM »
I honestly can't imagine what you are going through. Parting with the 3 of them must be agonising. At least you know they are going to lovely homes, but still, such a hard thing to do  :hug:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2009, 19:06:27 PM »
A few days ago I couldn't ever imagine having another cat after my three go, but I am sure when Lennon is a bit older and his allergy and eczema settle that I could offer a lovely home to a few rescue cats in need of a good home maybe a couple of pensioners! I feel really guilty and I am sure that they would never compare to D, S & M but there are always needy cats looking for a loving home. Either that or as soon as the kids leave home, (and take their allergies with them!  :naughty:) I can become a crazy cat lady!  :rofl:
This is all keeping me sane not thinking about tomorrow morning when there is no Mojo to greet me at the bedroom door.  :'(

x x x x

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2009, 18:52:48 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just a little side note on a similar situation from another forum I am a member on, a lady there gave up her cat when her daughter was a baby due to her being allergic to the kitty. Her daughter is now 6 years old and no longer allergic... so you never know, it could just be a few years down the line until you are able to open your heart and home to another furbabe needing you.

:hug: :hug: for you and your adorable little lad

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2009, 18:18:58 PM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 17:21:26 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
He's gone.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 21:13:58 PM »
What a terribly sad thread and feel for all  :hug:

Will copy the link to Purrs successes in rehoming

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2009, 17:08:28 PM »
 :grouphug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2009, 16:56:06 PM »
children grow up, Leigh, and in no time at all you'll be a soppy old cat lady with a houseful of purries again
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 15:56:43 PM »
Here's a huge  :hug: to you and your baby from us all in my mad house i can't imagine how you are feeling at least you have found perfect homes for your kitty's and i'm sure we'll all know how they are getting along in their new homes too ;)

I hope your baby is feeling better soon  :hug:

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 15:33:32 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 15:12:34 PM »
I really feel for you Leigh - I just coulnt imagine life without my 6 fur babies.

Big  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2009, 14:33:53 PM »
Oh Leigh  :hug:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 14:31:46 PM »
Well had an awful night last night. Lennon woke up screaming and when I rushed in there and turned the light on, his face was covered in blood! He had scratched his chin and cheeks so much he made it bleed, then for added "scare Mummy" affect rubbed it all over his face, hair, pyjamas and bed! It just seem to get really bad and I couldn't figure out why. Until I changed his sheets and found a rather suspicious patch of Mojo fur...... I feel awful as I had left his bedroom door open in the day and how tempting is a nice warm cot to a kitty?  :naughty:
I suppose last night just cemented the reason why this is happening. Naughty little Mojo  :sneaky:
It isn't making it any easier though and this time next week we are going to have such a lifeless home, we are going to be part of that strange group of people who dont have pets!!!!!! How bizarre. I think next week will be especially hard with the long Easter weekend at home, and oh gosh what a strange summer we will have, with no cats lounging in the sun and joining us for the BBQs, or at least waiting for a sausage!  :'(
Well thats broke my no tears roll that I was on since oh... yesterday!  :tired:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:37 AM »
awww   :hug: sorry about your son (I suffer with ezcema too so can understand) and your kitties,  I'm sure your lovely kitties will get lovely homes x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 00:13:49 AM »
So glad to hear Debsy is having Mojo, can't wait to hear about Dylan and Smudge. Sorry though Leigh, this must be so hard for you  :hug:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 14:29:39 PM »
No the cats don't cause his either but they seem to make it worse, the same with dogs too. When he is away from our house he stops itching completely and the redness seems to fade  :tired: They have tried other things too as they thought it could also be dairy, so he is on a no dairy diet as well as monthly steroid creams and antihistamines. When I am pregnant I strangely seem to develop a sensitivity to the cats too, and the itch drives me crazy, but i always kept it quiet and never told the doctor! We all know they aren't alwys the most sympathetic!  :shocked:

Stress brings mine out - but i doubt a little prince like him will be getting stressed at his tender age - it is hard to find out what causes it & I do feel for him - I hope he grows out of it -  or something really simple is causing it -  soothing itch free hugs to your little man  xxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 14:29:06 PM »
What a little cutie (your son, not Mojo  :naughty:), it does look very sore - as Trigger says you have to put your son's health first, no question about it.  Mojo will have a fantastic life in his new home  :hug:

Thanks, he is 9 months old now and his name is Lennon James  :Luv: ...He will be my only baby from Monday.  :'( Or well at least until October  :Crazy:

They do have a home lined up, just checking etc but I think they are going to very spoiled too  :Luv:
......And its another Purrs member!!!???????  :sneaky:

That's great news, I can't believe whoever it is has kept it quiet!  :shify:

I know bless her, I think she wants to keep it quiet until she defiantly knows, just waiting for a vets reference and to hear back from Angie.
But Dylan and Smudge will love their new home too.  :Luv:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 14:22:40 PM »
No the cats don't cause his either but they seem to make it worse, the same with dogs too. When he is away from our house he stops itching completely and the redness seems to fade  :tired: They have tried other things too as they thought it could also be dairy, so he is on a no dairy diet as well as monthly steroid creams and antihistamines. When I am pregnant I strangely seem to develop a sensitivity to the cats too, and the itch drives me crazy, but i always kept it quiet and never told the doctor! We all know they aren't alwys the most sympathetic!  :shocked:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 14:16:04 PM »
What a little cutie (your son, not Mojo  :naughty:), it does look very sore - as Trigger says you have to put your son's health first, no question about it.  Mojo will have a fantastic life in his new home  :hug:

They do have a home lined up, just checking etc but I think they are going to very spoiled too  :Luv:

That's great news, I can't believe whoever it is has kept it quiet!  :shify:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 14:12:11 PM »
Bless him thats an awful shot!  :rofl:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 14:08:07 PM »
Poor little  fella - I know how he is feeling as I even now suffer with the dreaded eczema - though thankfully the cats dont cause it.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 14:05:29 PM »
it must be hard for you, but even the most dedicated cat lover wouldn't expect you to put your cats before your son's health

any news on homes for Dylan and Smudge?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 14:00:54 PM »
poor little fella, it does look sore  :hug:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 13:58:42 PM »
Well its taken me a few days to pull myself together about this. I fill up as soon as I come onto this thread. I know I am doing the right thing but I still feel awful. We knew what we were getting ourselves into and that this was going to happen one day, no matter how much we put it off. I know that he is going to the most wonderful family and is going to be so happy, but I am dreading Monday and Sunday too. I cant even look at him now which is awful. I cant feel guilty as I know he will be happy I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I have to remember why I am doing this and that the feeling wont last forever.  I will look forward to the updates and photos of how her is getting on and causing chaos with his new family. It will take a long time to get used to a Mojo free household!

Incidentally my sons skin took a turn for the worse and isn't looking too nice, on his face and back are the worst places as he learning to crawl and now likes to roll all over our carpets! So I have a reminder everyday when I see his poorly skin why we are having to do this. It must be horrible having such painful skin but wanting to itch it still, to the point of bleeding now.

Anyway that is the end to my very depressing and a little graphic post! Woo hoo!

Leigh x

Added a photo but it doesn't look to bad there as he is back onto his steroid creams so it is healing well now. Excuse the shot, its really not his best angle!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »
Ooooh, how exciting - there really is something special about this gorgeous boy, one of the first things I check on Purrs is Mojo's thread, you're very lucky Debsy  :Luv2:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
I'm driving up to pick Mojo up at lunchtime on Monday so we can have the Easter holidays together for me to pamper him. I shall keep you all up to date with his progress  :Luv2:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 18:53:47 PM »
I know Leigh will miss him like crazy but he's well and truly landed on his feet with you  :)  Looking forward to hearing all about him when he arrives and settles in - any idea when that will be?

It's likely to be Monday as I am on Easter hols as of Friday so will give us time to get him settled in and to have some bonding time. I feel so sad for Leigh as this must be the gardest thing in the whole world but feel so priviledged that she's trusting us with her baby boy. Purrs is going to be covered with updates and piccies of Mojo!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 13:27:02 PM »
 ;D Great news!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 13:25:11 PM »
Wohooo! Good news, Debsy. :)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
Oh Debbie I am sooooooooooo pleased for you and Mojo - he has definately landed on his paws  :Luv2:

:hug: for Leigh xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 08:51:36 AM »
Congrats on your new baby, another Purrs placement and now you will be up to 4

Its a good thing your hubbie is like mine and feline inclined still tell him only another 39 and you will have the same number as the clan ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 23:33:23 PM »
Fan-bloomin-tastic news  :wow:  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm sooo jealous as there was something about Mojo that stole my heart too  :Luv2: I know Leigh will miss him like crazy but he's well and truly landed on his feet with you  :)  Looking forward to hearing all about him when he arrives and settles in - any idea when that will be?

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 21:02:02 PM »
well :congrats: :Party 3:you must be so excited :wow: i wish you all the very best with your new addition and hope he comes home soon :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 20:58:15 PM »
Hope you don't mind Leigh but I am far too excited so am posting...

OH and I have applied to adopt Mojo and Leigh and Angie have kindly said yes! He is going to be the new addition to the family and I just can't wait!

:Luv2: Mojo! I can't believe I can be so fond of a cat I have never actually met but he has completely stolen my heart... so much so that I burst into tears when I read the e mail confirming we could have him! That was closely followed by me jumping round the house like a lunatic!  :rofl:

I shall keep you posted once we have sorted arrangements.

Thanks so much Leigh for entrusting me with your baby.  :Luv:

:yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 19:01:06 PM »
I will keep my fingers crossed for you and send lots of positive vibes that you both become his new slaves  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 18:57:44 PM »
I can't really say at the moment as his adoption needs to go through the rescue he came from. OH and I would LOVE to give him a home and I think everyone who has read this thread had a feeling that would be the case! I really do hope it all works out as it was love at first sight but what will be, will be. I am trying not to get my hopes up and I am sure you will all be kept up to date once I know what's gonna happen either way.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 18:49:10 PM »
Does this mean what i think it means :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 16:45:42 PM »
Trying not to get too excited but my fingers are more firmly crossed than they have ever been!

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 16:31:42 PM »
Something tells me Mojo's bags are packed and he's not too sad about that!!! Who's had a word with him?  :rofl:

Link to CatChat