Author Topic: Home offered for Feral / semi feral cat/s  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: Home offered for Feral / semi feral cat/s
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »
This came through from CP today... not sure if too late or if this post is sorted!

Can you help please – I have just had a call from a lady in Hurstpierpoint who has two ginger 3 year old ferals (semi domesticated) who come into her house and feed and have a bed!  But her own two cats are ‘up in arms’ weeing for England , and not at all happy as you can imagine.  She really needs to find them a home on a farm or somewhere suitable.  I do not have a pen available at the moment and am in a waiting list situation – but even if I had a pen they would not be happy cats penned up – they need to go directly to a suitable environment. Can you please spread the word and see if there is maybe another Branch who can help these little souls.  My lady has been looking after these cats since they were about 14 weeks old but at the end of the day they were always going to be at least semi-feral, and now her own cats are rebelling!  She has had them neutered and keeps them regularly flea controlled.

Wendy

Haywards Heath Branch

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 19:13:10 PM »
Have also pm'd you Tan
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »
PM'd you Tan, I have a colony of youngish cats that we are TNR at the moment, neutered cats available as the lady that is feeding wants to reduce the numbers, I can drop off as well.

Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 15:06:34 PM »
Wouldn''t mind living there myself- any chance!?

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 15:02:32 PM »
have pmed you tan - i have 2 who would be ideal in Coventry. Am happy to deliver (a day out!!!)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 00:36:54 AM »
sounds great  ;D

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 15:05:36 PM »
How wonderful, hopefully some of our rescue members will see this :)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 14:58:10 PM »
blow the cats, will they adopt me????? :rofl:

might be interesting to know about flooding though ....

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Home offered for Feral / semi feral cat/s
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 14:32:50 PM »
Hi I have had one of the shop customers contact me to offer a home to a semi feral / feral cat or poss cats  ;D ;D

Here is the info from Eraine's email

I notice  you have cats who need homes, Let me tell you about our place and see if you have any thoughts firstly we have four cats two ageing girls 17 and a blindish 20 year old and 2 boys who are 3 yrs old and at prime catching age we've had them all since kitten they are all neutered. We live on an island on the Thames in a boat the boat is no more than medium flat size however we are attached to 3/4 acre of un-spoilt land apart from the odd shed the island is not accessed by cars and no dogs are allowed, the island is very difficult for a cat to leave as its walk way is over a loud weir, we have 4 other cats on the island which is approx 2/3 mile in length. 200ft across.
Dangers are few but are listed below.
1. Falling in the river-- on  our side of the island swimming to shore is easy and each one of our cats has fallen in only once, and that seems to stop re-occurrences.
2. We have 2 foxes on the island this winter, and although there have been no instances there is a rumor that a fox can eat a cat!! This tends to keep the cats in at night although that could be the temp too.

So re any feral or semi feral cats our shed has cat flaps and cat beds and I'd be happy to feed it once or twice a day and if it/they choose to adopt us it could, but apart from the 2 points above the advantage would be the following, no cars a small woodland to be cat like in many sheds all inhabitants are cat friendly, fabulous open spaces, always a spare lap, can't easily wonder into danger or be picked up as this is a resident only island so happy to help out if you don't get many offers.

If there are any feral babes looking for a home and this sounds good for them , please contact me for Eraine's contact details. She is happy for rescues to contact ger direct.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 14:33:19 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat