Author Topic: Meet Pudding, she would love a new forever home (Homed)  (Read 9059 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Meet Pudding, she would love a new forever home (Homed)
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »
Thread locked - read more about Belle (formerly Pudding) at http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,22711.msg396444.html#msg396444
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 13:16:22 PM by Janeyk »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Re: Meet Pudding, she would love a new forever home.
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,22711.new.html#new  is the new thread for Pudding, now named Belle. I have started the new thread as she is a completely dofferent cat now to when she came in. We have given her a new, more girlie name as another attempt to find her a home. She is doing so well, has lost lots of weight and is cuddly ad friendly- not the grumpy little madam she was when she came in that's for sure.

Please all go and coo over her new slimline piccies!

Nikki could you close this thread so all attention goes to her new thread please?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 12:00:21 PM »
Glad to hear she is doing well, fingers crossed on a home
Please spay your cat

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 11:07:54 AM »
WEHAY!!!! 
Well done Pudding!!!!  & Marion for having such a possitive influence on the little purry-face.
 :wow:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 19:26:16 PM »
 :wow: that's great news

well Pudding and Marion!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 19:02:45 PM »
Well done Pudding  :1st place:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 18:55:50 PM »
We haven't found a home for her yet but things are definately looking up! Her diet is going really well and she has now lost a quarter of her target :) Well done Pudding!
We moved her to an indoor foster place once one became free and she is with one of our fosterers who happens to be retired so is at home most of teh time so can give Pudding a lot of time. Since moving in with Marion, Pudding has become more and more social by the day to the point where we have had no agressive moments with her for ages and she even sleeps on the bed with her fosterer and cuddles up to her, purring away. She obviously just needed some stability! This means that she is now going to be much easier to home so as long as we can find her a home where she can be an only cat and where there aren't too many other cats in the road she will make a lovely pet. (She goes completely mad when she sees another cat)

I'm going to try and get more piccies of her this week so will post once they come through I will post 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 13:08:48 PM »
Any news on the gorgeous pudding?  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »
Contact your local cats protection who will be able to set a trap to help you catch him.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 05:46:26 AM »
Great news on Puddings weight loss  ;D

Sonnie....so glad that you've seen Felix, might I suggest you start a thead dedicated to this so that more peeps will see it. If he's food-orientated a trap might work.

Just a thought  ;)

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 00:55:49 AM »
 ;D
fab news on the weight loss.

An udate on Felix:

he was spotted about three blocks from me, and the lady called and gave me her address.
Me and my husband went round there quite late, so the area would be quiet enough for us to hear him.
And we did, on the lady's drive under a car.
Thank fully i took a tin of food with me and the only way to get him near me was to open the food, so he could smell it, he soon came out from under the car, but kept low and was very scared..... FINALLY I SAW MY BABY. ;D
he came close enough for me to grab him, but i startled him as i did, he became very agressive, and i know i did wrong, but i thought this would be my only chance to grab him.  He has litterally wripped my hands and arms to shreds, i could hold on.  And i let go.  He legged it and i was left there with blood on my hands and arms, from the bites and scratches.
We had to leave without him, i doubted very much that he would come to my call again tonight.
we have to go back and try again, after all these are our babies and no matter how much they hurt us psyically we love them still and want them home, 
How can we catch him?  without the blood-shed!??
Any tips?  please help x

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 21:29:07 PM »
Great news on the weight loss

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 14:19:52 PM »
I met with her fosterer last night and it's been discovered that there's a pattern to her bouts of agression... it's whenever there's another cat nearby unfortunately. Even if it's at the other end of the garden... she goes completely mad! It's means she will need a home as an only cat with someone who has a lot of time of their hands.

Good news though... she is losing weight really well at just the right amount of weight at a time. She's losing about 100g per week which is not too fast and not too slow- just right. I think once she is homed and has lots of room to run around in that the exercise will help also.

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 23:38:59 PM »
 :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  HER!!!!

She is too cute!  I would take her on in a heart beat, We live in a cul-de-sac, and practically everyone has at least one cat, we are all furbaby friendly.
Im used to having a cat that skitz'es out! as my youngest Louie, is this tendancy!  :P

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 18:43:57 PM »
Hi Sonnie!
Welcome to Purrs and also for your interest in Pudding, it makes me feel better that someone likes the look of her- gives me hope as we really want a home for her but she needs quite an experienced home so it's hard finding just the right home.
You are not that far away in reality so if you were interested in her then I'm sure something could be arranged but you may well have your hands full with the 3 you already have!

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 13:44:27 PM »
Im in Grays, Thurrock.
I have three male babies,
Coco my eldest who is 4, he is a black burmese baby.  He is very affectionate, patient and loving. :Luv2:
Felix will be 3 in May, he is a black and white tuxedo cat, he's a regal character, and he loves talking away!  unfortunately Baby Fee-Wee (my name for Felix) has gone missing, he was last home on christmas day.  We are doing all we can to get him home.  :(
Finally.... Louie, or as i call him " ooster-juicesta-louister", (only because he meows to it) was a stray. He was dumped on my doorstep, definately too small to be away from mum.  He came in and made himself at home, the RSPCA wouldnt entertain us, so i called cat protection.  They said they had no room for him and asked me to hold onto him for a couple of week.   Then i got attatched.!  So louie stays!!  we have had him for 2 years now.
Louie used to be a wierd one!  he would be fine all cuddled up on my lap, then the next thing i knew, he has his arms and legs wrapped round my hand, all claws in, and teeth too!  :Crazy:  these epesodes are getting rairer and rairer, the last time he did this was well over 6 months ago.

Sonnie x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 13:35:18 PM »
Are you very far? you'll have to introduce yourself (section all things cat) and tell us about your kitties  :) and post some pictures of course! everyone is very friendly on here
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 13:37:51 PM by janeyk »

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 13:29:28 PM »
 ;D
She is lovely, if only she was closer, i would love to take her on!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 13:26:44 PM »
Hi Sonnie   :)  oooh!  ;D she does look lovely doesn't she
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 13:28:21 PM by janeyk »

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 13:09:16 PM »
Hi all,

I think Pudding is beautiful :)
I would love to take her on, i have three other cats, (one of which is missing at the moment), who are very friendly and fantastic with other furbabies! Louie my youngest also has skitz moments where he attacks, but with the love and attention he gets, its getting fewer and fewer that he would lash out.  I live in Thurrock, if theres anything i can do please let me know x

Sonnie x

Offline madpants

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Merlin the big fat black cat
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 10:06:28 AM »
My mum's in Reading (Berkshire), and i think she has already contacted  cats protection, so hopefully she will be able to find
a cat who's used to indoor life!
Love thy neighbour............. especially if they have cake!

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 18:32:06 PM »
Yes she is used to being outside and is whining to get out at the fosterers at the moment so she really does need an outdoor home but it's great of you to think of her. It will hopefully have lots of space for her to run off some of that weight!
What area is your mum? If your our area we may well have something else suitable or I'm sure one of the other guys on here will be able to help if it's another area.

Offline madpants

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Merlin the big fat black cat
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »
My mum is looking to rehome a cat, but really would have to be an indoor cat, as she lives in a flat. (She had an indoor cat for many years, who recently passed away)
Has pudding had an outdoor life?
Love thy neighbour............. especially if they have cake!

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 18:38:00 PM »
Pudding's picture is the one right at the start of the thread :)

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 17:20:08 PM »
Erm..guys the picture on the news box is NOT pudding...it's my dad's cat Mizzy!

I know she looks the spit, that's why I put up the piccie on the thread..... :evillaugh:

Brainfreeze all round me thinks    :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 20:34:49 PM »
Fingers crossed for her, her aggression issues make her sound a bit like Kizzy, and she has settled really well in 3 months - just dont let a kid stroke her!! I hope she can settle soon and lose some weight.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 19:57:24 PM »
We're not sure as yet, will have a better idea once the vet has properly checked her out on Monday but the initial feeling is that she's about 5 or 6.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 18:37:36 PM »
How old is she? Doesnt have an old face

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 18:28:35 PM »
Oh dear i'd take her in a heartbeat if not for my FIL's tyrannical reign.......

though I think my father already has her doppelganger....

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 17:48:04 PM »
I know, she is definately a big girl! She has come in as a 6.44kg and the vet thinks she should be about a 3.6kg cat- hence the name Pudding! It will be important for us to find her a home where the new owners can keep up the weight loss reigime that we are starting her on. It won't happen over night but with lots of support, the right home and a nice lots of play she will get there!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 17:44:09 PM »
Guess her blub the angle made it look too high! Bless her, hopefully shes already done or maybe theres 15 kittens in there waiting to come out  :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 20:45:57 PM »
Bless her, whats her bald bit for?

As we know very little about her history, the vet shaved her to check for a scar to see if she's been spayed or not. She didn't like it very much though and got really scared so they're going to sedate her on Monday to check properly and spay her if she hasn't already been done. We also have a semi-feral, very timid cat coming on on Monday who I am also going to put on here. We have quite a few hard to home cats so I'm going to advertise them as much as we can to give them the best chance of a home.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 19:28:35 PM »
 :( aww, that poor confoosed kitty, I'm sure a forever home is all she needs bless her

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 19:23:43 PM »
Bless her, whats her bald bit for?

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Meet Pudding, she would love a new forever home (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
Meet Pudding...

Pudding, as you can see if rather overweight so will need a very caring owner who is comitted to supporting her with her weight loss programme. She is a bit of confused girlie but very sweet and desperately wants to new FOREVER home as she has been pushed from pillar to post.  She was a stray cat who adopted an old man 18 months ago, but the man sadly died earlier this year. Since then Pudding had been left alone for 4 months (with somebody who fed her regularly) before a friend of the daugther took her on. Being pushed around that many times has left her very confused so she needs a very special owner who is experineced with cats to give her the much needed consistancy in her life that she craves. Her behaviour can be quite unpredicatable as one minute she's all over you and the next she freaks and bites and scratches without warning. We are confident that once she finds the right home where she feels secure, this will all change as she definately has the potential to be a very loving cat.
If you or anyone you know feels that they can be that special someone that Pudding needs, then please contact me.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 13:16:48 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat