Author Topic: Cat litter - a done topic I know!!  (Read 13966 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cat litter - a done topic I know!!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 18:55:28 PM »
It wouldnt work mixed susanne.

Alot of cats dont actually like wood litter so personally i wouldnt suggest you buy lots and just of that. Trial 1 tray of it and see what happens...

Original question - golden grey is the best clumping clay iv tried, very good clumping and i have high activity in the trays. You have to buy 2 of this too tho  :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 18:42:10 PM »
I'm about to put in an order at zooplus and cant' decide whether to try the oko cats best or not.  what if I don't like it?  what if the cats dont' like it?  what if it tracks too much and drives me bananas?  Does it clump like ultra clumping clay?  Cos I don't want anything where I can't scoop out the clumps.  Could you mix it with a clay clumping litter?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 18:39:35 PM »
Try cats best OKO (Ultra clumping wood chips) - we have this mixed with wood pellet variety and now its lasts longer and both clump well - we have to take our litter to the tip as we have a septic tank and with 23 trays we use some amount on a weekly basis!  We also have paper and Clumping as our lot have a riot if we only have one type of litter and miss more than they hit! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 18:07:06 PM »
I'm using Cats Best at the moment too - good at clumping, no odours (nightmare with tracking - but you can't have everything I suppose LOL)  ;D

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 17:14:22 PM »
Cat's Best here too, lasts for ages and never smells, even when it may have slipped my mind to scoop  :-[

I had to resort to something else from the supermarket just after new year and I am suffering, it reeks to high heaven, am getting a bag of Cat's Best from the pet shop tomorrow.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 17:05:47 PM »
Forget clumping clay. Try cats best OKO (Ultra clumping wood chips) and you won't regret it. I wish I had started using it years ago.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 16:41:06 PM »
I just remove clumps once a day when I get in from work, this seems to be absolutely fine. It clumps very well.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 16:38:10 PM »
Oh really - does it need changed every week or do you just remove the clumps twice a day? I know with most litters even cleaning it twice a day means a total clear out every 7-10 days but classy cat is designed to last longer - but wiling to try alternatives that come in less bulky packaging!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 16:11:14 PM »
I'm going with Cats best too, I think its brilliant and I've converted Mum and Casper to it as well!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 16:05:11 PM »
After many recommendations on here, we tried Cats Best OKO and can I just say how amazing it is. Clumping and toilet - flushable, with virtually no smell. Capone likes it too. Bingo!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Cat litter - a done topic I know!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 14:24:46 PM »
So my supplies of Classy cat litter are runing low and given OH is away until at least next month I am loathe to order from zoo plus a double pack again as they insist on packaging them in the same box and my delivery man insists on leaving them in the local PO - despite the fact a 30kg shouldnt be left there - so I will have no way of moving it to mine!

So I just wondered if anyone else had tried some of the other litters and I may order a single pack - I know some folks tried tigerino ...am I right in saying that wasnt very popular?

Has anyone tried Golden Grey - about the same price as classy cat?

Or do I just need to put up and shut up and get on with it!!! The biggest attraction with classy cat is provided you clean it out twice a day it really does last weeks on end (although maybe not the 90 days the pack claims) and my days of cleaning the whole try once a week are thankfully a thing of the past!!

Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Link to CatChat