Author Topic: vet stress  (Read 2517 times)

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
Re: vet stress
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 18:52:08 PM »
"" Not sure if it's the fact that he died so young. It hurts so much that he had such a short life.""

Rosella... I think thats part of it, its exactly how I feel.  Shadow was 3, we took him in as a stray when he was around 1.  He died in unexplained circumstances, although everything does point to an RTA. but we found out he was on a garage roof in a blokes garden for some time, alive,  before we found him up there, but we were too late. *sigh*

Life is so unfair at times, it really is.

ccmacey

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 20:55:03 PM »
I made a colage of my first 3 cats, 2 are still with me.  I like to have photos of Renie about so I can remember her and who she was. I had Renie cremated and at first put her box on the shelf but it was too hard and just kept bringing the sadness back. Ive moved it now, still in view but I only look when I'm not in a fragile mood.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 20:02:01 PM »
I have a framed photo of Dingle and a wonderful drawing of her on display. she passed away 20 Oct 1997 aged almost 21.

Our Gandolf passed away last April aged 18 or 19.  His photo was on my mobile, the desktop on my works computer and OH's mobile at the time.  Neither of us have the heart to change them. It's a bit like deleting the telephone number of someone who has died from a directory. Just can't do it.

Didn't have any photos of Aslan on display though when he died last September aged 2 and don't have the heart to look at any now.  Not sure if it's the fact that he died so young. It hurts so much that he had such a short life.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 18:41:51 PM »
After losing Parsley fairly recently, I have to admit I'm reluctant to take my diabetic guy for his (somewhat necessary) blood test, to check his insulin is still working to its full potential.

Irrationally, despite the fact the vets DID try and help, I still in a strange way blame them.

I know I have to go there, but am relating it to what is still a  very upsetting and painful memory.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 18:12:58 PM »
I have to admit that I like looking at pics of mine, esp with Ginger and Pebbles, it was nice to see pics of him with it all being so sudden and unexpected, and of her looking healthy and happy - I dont look at the last pic I took of her that often though, but I like looking at some of the older ones (although there is one I dont like, it is a lovely pic, but it was when her nose was at its worst, that one isn't a nice reminder - must take it off my screensaver actually).
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 14:41:23 PM »

Still can't have photos around of him.  Its just me.

No, hun, not just you. My friend lost her cat Jenny to SCC at the end of last year and still can't bear to look at Jenny's pictures. I'm the same.

:hug:  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 13:47:58 PM »
I think it hit me this weekend how much I still miss shadow, taking just one cat to the vets instead of two,  also was hard.  It all just got to me

I think finding shadows record card was the trigger.  I have packed it away seperatly now.

I feel a bit better today, I know once this "blip" has passed i'll be fine again.
Still can't have photos around of him.  Its just me.

Thanks for the kind words from you lot!  Its nice to know people care and understand.
Lynne X

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »
I am sorry that things are still hard for you. I am an odd person when it comes to grief, but I suppose it is because of the kind of cats I take on, I know I am never going to get a large amount of time with them, and it is more important that they have had a loving home environment than anything else, so things like that dont really bother me. Anniversaries are the hard one for me - but only the first one, the others dont seem that bad. I do hate having to see people there for that reason though, fortunately i dont seem to see a lot of it at the moment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
I hate to see them coming out without there pet, I

I agree it is very upsetting, at our vets if you lose a pet they let you go through the side staff door to save walking through the waiting room.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 22:55:56 PM »
This thread makes me so very sad. I just read about poor Matilda and Kocka died 23 Jul 05 and I still miss her so much and like you all it doesnt take much to start me off.

Her picture sits by the computer all the time but somedays  like now, I am so lonely without her. She will always be the one that was so very special and is the reason that I joined CC.

It is so sad to read of all the cats that have left for the Bridge already this year, many of them so very young.

I suspect that it is this that keeps us all together and why we want to help each other at times of need. We all have one thing in common and that is our unconditiional love of cats and understand how another feels when their cat is sick, missing or gone to the Bridge.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 15:10:00 PM »
Well I guess we are all the same. I went to my hairdressers Kriss on Thurs and his dog Cordi came up for a fuss. After a few minutes I remembered that his other dog Willow died suddenly in early January and started thinking how much Cordi must be missing Willow which got me thinking about our Billy missing Aslan who died about the same time as Shadow and I started blarting....

What was completely fab was that Kriss then introduced me to Cordi's new puppy friend Izzy who proceeded to jump all over Cordi, already best of pals just like Billy now has his pal Freddie.   :hug: Lynne

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 11:53:11 AM »
It will be 3 years this year that my Renie passed and the sadness still kills me when I think of how she went, you are not silly for feeling this way its just your emotions and it shows you cared and still do.

I hate going to the vets with Ollie, I take him to the PDSA, there is always someone in there taking an animal to be PTS. I hate to see them coming out without there pet, I just want to give them a big cuddle and cry with them, it always brings the pain back for me.

Big  :hug: to you Lynne, I hope things start to ease for you.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:18:49 AM »
You will always miss Shadow, he was a big part of your life.

It helps to focus on the positive memories you have, and to accept that everything has its time. You also have to focus on the animals left in your life, and make sure you build good memories with them, too.

I'm so sorry you're still grieving, I lost my cat Parsley around two weeks ago, and still keep bursting into tears sporadically and blaming myself. Luckily, I have a very supportive partner (who misses Parsley himself) who has been a huge help emotionally.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
vet stress
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »
I had to take ziggy for his annual injections/check up yesterday.  When I opened up his record card folder, out fell Shadows. (My beloved shadow was killed RTA last year).

That did it, tears and upset, it really then became  a stress to take Ziggy to the vets for his annual check up.  It seemed so...silly... that I was so upset. All I was doing was taking Ziggy for his annual check up!!

Then as we sat in the waiting room,a lovely black cat in a basket reminded me of my shadow. And a man sat there, with a dog, the man was upset I could tell, he then told me his dog was blind and was there to be put to sleep.

Well thast did it, tears and upset again.  What a stressful trip to the vets!

My Shadow has been gone 4 months and still I get real upset at times, I miss him so much, and did not realise it until yesterday quite how much he is still missed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 16:16:45 PM by lynne »

Link to CatChat