Author Topic: DEVASTATED - Sylvester was PTS tonight  (Read 15970 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: DEVASTATED - Sylvester was PTS tonight
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2009, 16:17:51 PM »
I burst into tears last night and was sobbig for age s- I picked up Misha and hugged and kissed her and said I love you to her and it was de-ja-vu of at the vets with Vesti before the injection  :'(

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2009, 13:10:02 PM »
Thanks hunnie  :hug:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2009, 10:43:29 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Sylvester. I've just been catching up with all that happened. He was such a beautiful cat and he was so absolutely loved and cared for. I know you faced such a tough decision but you loved him and did what was right for him. Know that he passed from this life knowing how loved he was and that he is playing on the Bridge, happy and free from pain. He'll always be with you in spirit and in the memories you have of him. xxxx

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2009, 16:09:48 PM »
This is the only video we have of Vesti which was on my mobile only 9 secs long :(

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2009, 10:58:58 AM »
I am going to start doing my meditation again and see if I can reach him that way.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2009, 22:41:59 PM »
Nikki, there are going to be days when it's harder to bear. He'll send you a sign I'm sure; he might just be too busy right now!

:hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2009, 22:31:17 PM »
Thanks hun, I just keep hoping I'll have a sign from Vesti that he is ok or still with us in spirit or something.

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2009, 20:49:31 PM »
I wish I could tell you to have a large Gin - but no doubt on here I will get my wrists slapped if I do.

Time is a great healer - honest, just wait it out.

Take care    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2009, 16:37:43 PM »
Have been desperately missing my boy today  :(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2008, 21:23:55 PM »
See, the year has ended on a good note for you after all - you should be so proud.

Mary x :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2008, 17:04:56 PM »
I am so chuffed  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2008, 16:20:42 PM »
That's lovely, MrsR  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2008, 16:11:25 PM »
I emailed Helen at Cats Protection Stroud earlier which is where Vesti came from originally as wanted a peice on him on their websites memorial page, she has just emailed me back asking if it was ok to feature Vesti in their Valley Cat March edition - :)    awwwww my boy I am so proud :)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2008, 14:09:23 PM »
Oh Mary  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2008, 13:08:39 PM »
I don't think any of us will ever let go 100% and why should we?

You should just try and think of the funny things that you did together and know that he had a long and happy life with you and know that he would want you and the twins to be happy and healthy.

I know it's easier said than done because after saying goodbye to Smudge when I buried him in my garden in April I still cry and I have cried myself to sleep for the past 5 nights in a row and I am crying now.

We all deal with it in different ways and it depends how they left us but you will find one way to handle it one day.

Love Mary xx :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2008, 12:34:03 PM »
I know I just think its still so raw and guess I am still not ready to 100% let him go

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »
Even tho hes not with you in body his soul will always be with you and watching over you  :Luv:  :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »
Who says he isn't? I think there's always a connection with a loved family member even after they're gone. :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »
I should be so happy entering 2009 as pregnant with twins but I just so wish Vesti was with us  :'(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2008, 21:17:43 PM »
that is so nice that yojur cats rubbed against him - what a nice welcome back home.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2008, 21:05:08 PM »
This must have been a very traumatic day for you  :hug: but now hes home where he belongs with his family,   :hug:  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2008, 20:46:09 PM »
Well I am glad you feel somewhat better at Sylvester coming home forever.  Big hug to you not an easy day  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2008, 20:38:19 PM »
Vesti is home, burst into tears and was so hard at first but put the casket on the floor and the cats all rubbed up against it which I thought was nice.    Vesti is not next to the fire place where we can see him all the time and I keep going up to it talking to him and laying my hand on it, came with a lovely brass name plate which I didn't know it was going to come with.   Think it will take me time to get use to it and the thought that Vesti is in there as its still so painful but I feel he is at home now and with us and the other cats so isn't alone now.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »
JS is right it is a surreal experience but one that I have found brings comfort too.  I have five caskets in casket corner in my lounge, they sit on shelves in the alcove and will be opened and sprinkled in my coffin when my time comes.  I hope you feel comforted by bringing home Sylvester's ashes. :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:44 AM »
Tobys ashes are in this room on a wall mounted shelving unit so I know the other cats won't accidentally knock them over. We're waiting until his orange tree is a little bigger then putting the ashes in the planter. The tree has to go outside in summer and indoor in winter, which is pretty much how he was!

Parsley has a fern that sits on our garden table in a planter. That's purely commemorative though as my partner wanted to bury her in our garden; she very much enjoyed prowling in our garden.

It is really hard collecting the ashes; it's actually a bit surreal. You are just bringing Vesti back to be with you, though.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2008, 20:39:48 PM »
Sending you a hug for tomorrow, and agree with Mary, don't dread this, you're bringing him back home where he belongs  :hug: xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2008, 19:56:21 PM »
My thoughts are with you and im sending lots of hugs  :hug:  :hug: for you both

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2008, 19:53:12 PM »
Mary not 100% but it will be in the lounge with us, somewhere we are a lot of where we can see him all the time.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2008, 19:45:20 PM »
Please don't dread it - he's coming home to be with his mum - the person who made the decision to save him from being in anymore pain.  Have you decided where you are putting his ashes?

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2008, 19:42:50 PM »
I know it has been very hard and I really sympathise but to try to think about the happy times that you had

Take care    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2008, 19:39:23 PM »
Dreading tomorrow as may get the phone call to pick up Vesti's ashes!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2008, 13:18:16 PM »
Yep I am in total denial - told Elvis not to sit on the part of the bed that is Vesti's last night as said Vesti would pounce on her.

In denial and happy like that at the moment and don't care if its wrong.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2008, 17:10:48 PM »
Last night I just thinking he was upstairs on the bed alseep - maybe a little denial is creeping in now.

I STILL do that with Toby. When I get ready to hoover I do my mental checklist of where each cat is and always think he's on the futon. Maybe he is in a way; who knows.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2008, 14:35:41 PM »
Grief is a very raw emotion and affects us all in many ways,  but tears are all part of the healing process, denial is one way of trying to shield ourselves from the pain of reality, and no-one can really understand what your going through even tho we may have all at some point expereinced this ourselves because we all deal with this differently, let the tears come , dont be afraid of showing emotion, we are all here for you no matter what, each of us that has lost a furbabe knows the pain  so we understand, remember the happy times you had together and rejoice in the fact that you gave him so much love in his life. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2008, 14:03:24 PM »
Am very sorry to hear about Sylvester :hug:
I think the denial helps us to cope.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2008, 13:17:38 PM »
I haven't cried today yet, think I am trying to calm myself as it will be just after Christmas Day that we pick up his ashes and I know it will hit me again like a ton of bricks.

Last night I just thinking he was upstairs on the bed alseep - maybe a little denial is creepig in now.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2008, 18:02:33 PM »
Thanks hunnie  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2008, 17:57:24 PM »
They will be missing him too and they certainly know you are upset.  The emptiness is a horrid feeling but please just keep trying to remember you helped him in a way that only a loving mother could and you stopped him from hurting.  He doesn't want you to be upset, he wants you to look after yourself and those twins.  Good excuse for stuffing your face over Christmas - 'Oh, I'm feeding for 3, me and the twins!!'  :rofl: :Luv2:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2008, 17:49:17 PM »
I know what you mean about the screen saver, I was hesitent at first putting it up and looked at it a few times today but held it together,, I just want to be able to see him all the time.

Wish this feeling of emptiness would go away.

I keep wondering how all the other cats are affectuing, they all seem ok, Popp is maybe a bit more quiet and weirdly coming to me for more huigs and she is a total daddy's girl and avoids me at all costs normally - maybe she knows I am upset annd trying to comfort me.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2008, 17:39:40 PM »
That's ok - you are entitled to.  When you need to cry, do it.  Holding it back will just make you explode (like the joke I've put in the joke section!!)  Take a look it will cheer you up - i've called the post 'sprouts glorious sprouts'.

Hope you're not torturing yourself with him on your screen saver.  Having said that I have lots of photos of Smudge at work and now and again I still have a cry when I look at him.

Link to CatChat