Author Topic: RSPCA at their worse again Grrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 11468 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: RSPCA at their worse again Grrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2007, 16:06:17 PM »
If you want to give to CP  you need  to contact whichever branch you wish to benefit from your generosity and ask them for a Standing Order form. Please be aware that branches can only accept Standing Order – but not direct debit - If you do not stipulate a Branch HQ will receive the donation.

Also if  the donor is a tax payer and has not filled in a Gift Aid form please consider doing so as the branch can then claim 28p in the pound (at no cost to yourself) from the taxman on all donations.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 17:02:16 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2007, 15:55:33 PM »
yea thats true

we give 3pound a month by dd to rspca

but i want to change and give it to cpl or dogs trust as they are much more better imo
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2007, 12:13:37 PM »
They are in the branches Forever, but a lot of HQ staff are paid - and as Ela says, once you get paid, you are doing a job for money, and it doesn't always matter whether you want to be there etc, whereas the unpaid volunteers do it cos they want to and care.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »
a lot of the rspca workers r unpaid though

Most branches do have volunteers but they often  only work a few hours a week and may not be allowed to do the tasks that involve dealing with the public or  making the often life and death decisions.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2007, 12:02:55 PM »
a lot of the rspca workers r unpaid though .

MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2007, 07:51:41 AM »
When I've dealt with HQ in the past, if I'm not happy with who I've spoken to, then I phone again until I get someone who is doing the job for the animals and not just seeing it as a job.

I think that is exactly it with many Charity HQ's, for most of the people who work there it is a paid job and some don't necessarily even like animals, they can go home at night , have the weekend off and not even think about the plight of the little ones suffering. Whereas we unpaid slaves volunteers are here because we care and want to make a difference 24/7

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2007, 01:59:34 AM »
I think and I've said this before, the only way to change things is to get involved.  I've heard lots of horror stories about the RSPCA and I don't doubt any of them.  I got involved in our local RSPCA committee just to see how they work and what actually goes on.  I have to say in our local branches defense, they are a bunch of fab people who do a lot for animals and the inspectors clearly show compassion for them.  Ours spend a lot of funding on neutering, vaccinating and microchipping which has to be a good thing.  Everyone knows Feral Cats are my passion........they do an awful lot for these guys, which sadly I can't say for a lot a branches or a lot of charities for that matter.  The problem tends to lie with the HQ and I think in most cases, if you contact local branches, you would get more sense out of them.   When I've dealt with HQ in the past, if I'm not happy with who I've spoken to, then I phone again until I get someone who is doing the job for the animals and not just seeing it as a job.  There are some good guys in the RSPCA and it's a shame they all get tarred with the same brush.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 18:16:33 PM »
"gifted cats" I like that one Ela there are good and bad at all charities and I think everyone who bothers to contact one should be given an answer even if it is we can do nothing at this moment in time but...........................I must admit (while with CP) if I thought that someone was swaying about the cat I would ask them to foster it supply food and visits to the vet and by the time we got round to taking the cat it had well and truly got its feet(paws) under the table :rofl:
CP  have aways had some excuse as far as I am concerned because they don't have adverts on the TV saying they save animals and we get stories like this and basically they have always had a no kill policy :thanks: 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 15:15:33 PM »
She called her local CP and they didnt come either!

That is sad, what I would have done in these circumstances is ask the caller if they were prepared to take the little one for a vet check and then feed it until we had room. Unfortunately we are all unpaid volunteers and most also work full time so we do need people to meet us halfway. We cannot go round picking up all the strays, some days I have calls to bring in up to 30 which is absolutely impossible.

To say you are coming and then not is not in my opinion on. In our area the RSPCA would automatically put the caller on to us as they do not deal with strays, only gifted cats.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
my friend (cat lover) had a stray kitten in her garden who looked under the weather and really wanted to come into her house for warmth, etc. She was feeding him outside but he could not come in as she had another cat who was hissing and did not like the stray at all. She phoned RSPCA on a few occasions and they said they would send someone but nobody ever came. She was worried for him as it got to winter. She called her local CP and they didnt come either!

Unfortunately for her cat, it was diagnosed with being ill (cant exactly remember now but I think a tumour in the stomach) and died shortly after. She then took in the poor kitten as she knew nobody was going to come for him! He is a beautiful cat. She heard afterwards that his owners moved away and left him behind.

She now also has a gorgeous red tabby boy who turned up on her doorstep just before Christmas howling to get in. She seems to just attract needy cats , they must be able to smell a cat lover from a mile off!  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »
Last year I fostered a pregnant feral cat through a charity in London. The lady whose garden she'd been living in with a number of other ferals had phoned the RSPCA and asked for help. By this point she had 4 pregnant ferals, one had given birth, the RSPCA told her to leave them alone and they'd sort themselves out! Thankfully she called around an a smaller charity, took all the mothers, neutered and spayed the colony and found homes for the kittens.

People think I am mad when I say the RSPCA are evil, but i think what is mad is people not knowing what they are really like

fuzziesdad

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 12:15:49 PM »
http://www.webtribe.net/~animadversion/

I think this is the one you want .................but be prepared for a shock

Most people think like that - they simply have no reason to believe otherwise.  I'd never heard any negative stories about them until I came on here/catchat.  They portray themselves as a caring organisation that helps animals and are probably the first organisation that would spring to mind if you asked any memeber of the public about animal welfare.  I'm sure there lots of caring individuals who work for them, but unfortunately there seems to be this dark side that the general public, unsurprisingly, doesn't get to see.

well I am glad that all that ear bashing saffy and I(and a lot of others who wish to stay anonymos) have done on catchat and other sites has done some good nearly 3 years its taken us to convince people,neither of us want to bring down the RSPCA  which was the obvious assumption at the start the RSPCA was and still is to some people the holy grail unfortunately it is far to late now to stop them becoming even more dictatorial,despotic,draconian (take your pick) but at least now we have bought their antics to the fore and people will know how to handle them.
I am not going to go over it all again (it gets boring and like banging your head against the proverbial wall) but I do suspect that those who have signed either have because of the publicity or because they have already been caught out by their(RSPCA) liking of picking on and bullying older and single people,they have to all general purpose become the animal police,which is not what all this new animal welfare law is about.
roger     

saffron

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »
sorry fould up there, it has moved  will try & get new link or maybe  Fuzziesdad can put the link on......

try      www.webtribe.net/~animadversion/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:02:13 PM by saffron »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
Saffron, that link doesnt work for me  :-[
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

saffron

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 11:38:04 AM »

HOW DO YOU GET THROUGH TO NICE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THIS?

Try giving her this site,   http://cheetah.webtribe.net/~animadvision/
  Also she could use the links to speak to the SHG & realize just how much anger there is out there towards this so charity.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 08:38:06 AM »
Desley, I know what you mean; many people think the sun shines from the RSPCA's bottom. An animal-loving friend of mine has a daughter who recently graduated; after consideration, she's decided to become an RSPCA officer, as she wants to help animals. When told this I 'grrrrrr'd' through gritted teeth, then politely explained that there are many things about them which is just not caring. But she's been brainwashed by the adverts, Rolf, et al into the belief that they help suffering animals.

Most people think like that - they simply have no reason to believe otherwise.  I'd never heard any negative stories about them until I came on here/catchat.  They portray themselves as a caring organisation that helps animals and are probably the first organisation that would spring to mind if you asked any memeber of the public about animal welfare.  I'm sure there lots of caring individuals who work for them, but unfortunately there seems to be this dark side that the general public, unsurprisingly, doesn't get to see. 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 08:30:33 AM »
Rolf, et

I heard he has fallen out with them now, don't know if it is true or not.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2007, 05:24:50 AM »
Desley, I know what you mean; many people think the sun shines from the RSPCA's bottom. An animal-loving friend of mine has a daughter who recently graduated; after consideration, she's decided to become an RSPCA officer, as she wants to help animals. When told this I 'grrrrrr'd' through gritted teeth, then politely explained that there are many things about them which is just not caring. But she's been brainwashed by the adverts, Rolf, et al into the belief that they help suffering animals.

Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2007, 23:35:48 PM »
I have just discovered the mystery, and its all my fault, my one brain cell forgot there are two threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

The other thread where my posts are is of course the petition one but because of sorta crosss posting on this thread, I was confudddled to bits  :rofl: :rofl:

Apologies to all , no posts missing they are just somewhere else  :-: :-: :-:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 20:49:02 PM »
Where are we again Fuzzie?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2007, 19:10:25 PM »
Defo not me either!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2007, 18:56:14 PM »
Well, I can tell you with absolute certainty it wasn't me.

But I doubt you thought that it was? Why would anyone do such a thing?

>:(
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

fuzziesdad

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 18:04:02 PM »
think we have been here before. :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 17:49:16 PM »
Ok I thought I was imagining it but posts on this thread are being deleted...............I have posted a number of times and all the posts are gone, including what I put yesterday. So who is deleting posts?  >:( >:( >:( >:(

fuzziesdad

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2007, 14:38:37 PM »
[Did you get a reply mail with a link to click ... if so try clicking the link again .... it will either tell you you have already siged or it will register your name.

I did get that email, Sam, and did click on it. Today I've clicked on it again only to find that a name spookily like mine but spelt differently had recently appeared on the list. I suspect that the list is updated manually and that I have now inadvertently double-voted - hope they don't disqualify me  :scared:

Even if they do, it's up to over 500 signatories already :wow:

hey thats a good one maybe we can all try that,I am sure as you say christine that it is updated manually.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2007, 15:28:12 PM »
[Did you get a reply mail with a link to click ... if so try clicking the link again .... it will either tell you you have already siged or it will register your name.

I did get that email, Sam, and did click on it. Today I've clicked on it again only to find that a name spookily like mine but spelt differently had recently appeared on the list. I suspect that the list is updated manually and that I have now inadvertently double-voted - hope they don't disqualify me  :scared:

Even if they do, it's up to over 500 signatories already :wow:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »
Just had a lady on the phone who needs to re home her two cats, one is 8 the other 9. She is way out of our area, but I gave her some advise and asked where she got them from. RSPCA apparently, I told her to ring them and they may be able to take them back. She told me she had and they told her the best they could do was to put them to sleep due to their age. !!!!!!!!!! Even though they were the ones that re homed them only a few years ago.

I ask you............................ beggers belief.  I have no doubt that poor Isaac with me wouldnt of survived the RSPCA.

:censored: :censored: :censored: that is an absolutely appalling thing for them to say.....think they need to change their name to RSPKA ROYAL SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION KINDNESS TO ANIMALS.

It really makes me Angy as 8 and 9 are no age for a cat....Bella and Milo are proof of that (25) .....I wish I had more room to take some more fur babes  :( :( :( I really think Horesham needs a call it wouldn't even be worth taking them to the RSPCA now as you know what their outcome is Rainbow bridge way before their time poor, poor little fur babes

xxxxx

Have signed the petition days ago and sent the link to friends

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2007, 00:40:10 AM »
Just bringing the link up again  ;D

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/rspcainquiry/ 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 21:42:50 PM »
A weird thing is that my name hasn't appeared on the petition website yet  >:( and I signed several days ago...

Did you get a reply mail with a link to click ... if so try clicking the link again .... it will either tell you you have already siged or it will register your name.

If you haven't had a link I would suggest trying again (check your spam folder ... it seems the emails with links end up in there).
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 20:15:01 PM »
It's unbelievable - It's like they are beyond reproach. They seem to have such dated fascist ideas about how animals should be "dealt with" they seem to be run like a local council going by a rule book with no grey areas or taking each case by it's merit. Until recently, I thought they were wonderful and I'm sure most people still do. Why does this woman want to rehome? I can never understand how people can let pets go so easily.

I think the word you are looking for mark is DRACONIAN.
christine try doing it again and also look in your trash as it ends up there some times(who says computers can't think for themselves :rofl:).
again :thanks:to all those that have signed.
roger.

Offline Tracey

• Adult Cat
    • KatMaid
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 20:05:07 PM »
I have put this link onto the Katnip forum.
KatMaid..Staffordshire cat sitter
www.katmaid.co.uk

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 19:10:55 PM »
A weird thing is that my name hasn't appeared on the petition website yet  >:( and I signed several days ago...

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 19:10:17 PM »
. She told me she had and they told her the best they could do was to put them to sleep due to their age. !!!!!!!!!! Even though they were the ones that rehomed them only a few years ago.

That is an absolute disgrace. Perhaps someone should contact RSPCS HQ in Horsham and ask what they think to this scandalous statement.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 19:09:11 PM »
It's unbelievable - It's like they are beyond reproach. They seem to have such dated fascist ideas about how animals should be "dealt with" they seem to be run like a local council going by a rule book with no grey areas or taking each case by it's merit. Until recently, I thought they were wonderful and I'm sure most people still do. Why does this woman want to rehome? I can never understand how people can let pets go so easily.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 18:59:07 PM »
Just had a lady on the phone who needs to rehome her two cats, one is 8 the other 9. She is way out of our area, but I gave her some advise and asked where she got them from. RSPCA apparently, I told her to ring them and they may be able to take them back. She told me she had and they told her the best they could do was to put them to sleep due to their age. !!!!!!!!!! Even though they were the ones that rehomed them only a few years ago.

I ask you............................ beggers belief.  I have no doubt that poor Isaac with me wouldnt of survived the RSPCA.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 08:28:25 AM »
I have just had a good look at the petition and the surprising thing to me is how many men have been signing it

I would like to bet that partners have been putting their name on in some cases. I know I would.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 22:43:02 PM »
Just in case it not clear, when you have signed you will get and email and you have to action the link in that to actually get your signature on the petition.

The more animal forums the link is put on the better.

It sounds like it is finally getting some momentum cos the numbers have suddenly stated increasing....................sign sign sign  ;D

fuzziesdad

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 22:09:21 PM »
 :thanks: lyn I have just had a good look at the petition and the surprising thing to me is how many men have been signing it,don't know the exact figures but its a good percentage.
once again  :thanks: to all those who have signed and passed on.

337 this evening.

roger. 

fuzziesdad

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 12:35:15 PM »
mark, they all go to the bottom typical government thing everything in reverse.

once you have clicked the site to sign they will send you an email with the link (might be an idea to look in the trash as sometimes thats where you will find it)and also it might take some time as it looks like they do it in blocks (probably manual)

thank you to all those who have signed its now at 308 and seems to be gaining momentum there is also one vet as far as I know (MRCVS) who has signed  :thanks:

roger.     

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 11:57:48 AM »
I just signed it and my name went to the bottom of the list rather than the top :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat