Author Topic: RSPCA at their worse again Grrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 11469 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: RSPCA at their worse again Grrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 11:19:14 AM »
Thats great cos its gone up by approx 100 in last 24 hrs  ;D

more more more!

I've signed and clicked the link but I'm not up there (last time I looked) - does anyone know if there is a short delay while they verify?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 23:53:26 PM »
Thats great cos its gone up by approx 100 in last 24 hrs  ;D

more more more!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 20:48:10 PM »
Signed.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 18:37:39 PM »
you need 100 to make it viable and put in front of those that make it work, it will run until July and up to now we have 258 and we have one Alistair Campbell now it would be nice if it was THE Alistair Campbell would'nt

[attachment deleted by admin]

MBll

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 18:34:44 PM »
yup gill true

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 01:26:45 AM »
Thats what I thought Mbll, about the royal connection but someone said that its not true. If it was we would have someone to target

MBll

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 00:32:56 AM »
RSPCA & the SSPCA  are tied with the  same stick....not interested in animals  but only money.   The royal in RSPCA is cause theres a  'royal'  patron.....which is EXTREMELY HYPOCRITICAL as the royals a bunch of  :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 22:16:05 PM »
Roger have you put the link on the petition page !..

I hope so i have in recent years discovered more and more upsetting things about the work or lack of it that they do when it comes to animal welfare ..I have a friend who works for them and feel quite sorry for them as they will do their best but have to go with head office unless they have an alternative !
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

fuzziesdad

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 18:54:57 PM »
amanda and I have had many discussions about this and she knows how I feel about the RSPCA ......but that is the HQ not those who work for them or have the franchises most of these people are like most people who work on shelters and rescues overworked angels nevertheless the RSPCA franchise do carry the RSPCA name and use their logo's and all that goes with that.
The RSPCA were very clever setting up these franchises,getting rental and initial costs from people who will only do their best for animals giving them the idea that they have independence when in actual fact they are still hamstrung by RSPCA policies and rules.
I will say what I have said before I only have the deepest respect for anyone who works at what I call the sharp end of animal welfare,RSPCA,CP,whoever its those who sit in offices and dictate what is right and wrong in that field but have never had to scoop up cats poo or sick just because they love the animals and it does seem to me that this attitude has crept down the ranks in the RSPCA as far as the inspectors so much so that they would not think twice about closing one of their own rescues/shelters down for not towing the line (just ask those at the Swansea animal rescue which gladly is now ex-RSPCA).  I would really love the RSPCA to go back to what they were 20 years ago when the byword was advise not prosecute but it really looks more and more like that is a pipe-dream to far.
roger.   

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 17:56:00 PM »
What another sad story involving that well known national charity - I told our new FD a few truths about them when he said he donated to them - was rather forceful though, and the poor bloke had only been there a couple of weeks!! I just wish that everyone could know the truth, it might make them change their ways then, when the money stops rolling in. Although I have heard loads of good things about Amanda and Penny at Medway, so they are not all bad. I havne't managed to make it to our new branch since it opened though, I have been near it during opening hours and haven't figured out where the entrance is yet!!
Please spay your cat

saffron

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 17:02:04 PM »
being part of a production team (at the time) I 'm afraid to say that Rolf Harris has no idea that people queued for hours with their pets to take part in certain programmes & yes the only time rspca inpectors were around were when the camera's were rolling.
All rspca branches are run on a franchise sytem which they fail to tell the public about when collect funds,  if they really cared as far as I am concerned they would stand up & be counted & boot the rspca into touch. You cannot say you are independant if you are going to operate under the rspca banner

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 08:17:17 AM »
RSPCA Medway who are independent

RSPCA branches are all independent, I have no idea if they have any shelters funded by their HQ as the CP do.

All branches need to follow the RSPCA guidelines and before they do many things the need to have authority from their HQ e.g if it were their national policy to PTS FIV cats and a certain branch didn't want to they would have to ask permission. Of course the Inspectors are paid by HQ and not affiliated to a particular branch just a particular county or when I phoned the national line once I was advised that only one inspector was on duty and he was covering 5 counties. Strange that when  Rolf Harries and a TV crew attended an incident about 5 inspectors and their vans would arrive in minutes.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »
The dog is still alive and is often seen catching rabbits etc!

That is an absolute disgrace (not catching the rabbits), I think someone locally should contact the papers about this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 08:03:28 AM »
Prevention of Cruelty to Animals....................I think that is wrong somehow,

I agree, often when one phones up they will do nothing as it hasn't happened yet, so where the prevention comes from I do not know.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 08:01:30 AM »
I didn't think that the RSPCA would allow a healthy animal to be put to sleep?

You know what thought did  don't you? Thought he had but he hadn't however, in this case it is thought they didn't but the did or rather do.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 01:27:51 AM »
Prevention of Cruelty to Animals....................I think that is wrong somehow, its more like cause as much pain and suffering as possible and if you actually get your hands on an animal well just get rid of it onto the Bridge cos its cheaper than spending all that money thats rolling in to HQ  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 00:06:58 AM »
 :censored: :censored: I didn't think that the RSPCA would allow a healthy animal to be put to sleep? Just because he had a broken pelvis, yes he wouold have been in pain, but vets can do wonderful things today!

Similarly to this, where my Dad lives, there is a feral dog living in the fields behind his house and the RSPCA have been rung and they came down to see if they could catch it etc but they just said that the weather was going to turn bad soon so that might put an end to it  :'( The dog is still alive and is often seen catching rabbits etc!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 20:00:35 PM »
I can only second what has already been said and hope that the cat recovers and lives a long and happy life, with no thanks to RSPCA :censored:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 19:31:35 PM »
It is very distressing to read accounts like this - thank goodness the vets had the cat's interests in the forefront of their minds and made the effort, Michelle.  Blackheath is a warren of streets as well as the famous heath - puddy may not have been far from home.  Well done for notifying MyMoggy.  Fingers crossed.

I've signed up to the petition, Roger.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

fuzziesdad

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 19:22:43 PM »
poor little mite,hope he is OK and finds his owners. :thanks:to the vets and animates.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/rspcainquiry/

saffron

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 18:55:35 PM »
Maybe now some of you will understand why Fuzziesdad has made the petition which I hope everyone on Purrs will sign, also take a look at 'was this really neccesary'.
Sometimes we all have to agree that there our people out there with better experience than our selves & I know that everything Fuzziesdad does is for the welfare of cats so lets support the petition he has set up

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 18:34:14 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: is what I think of the RSPCA maybe Rolf Harris should have followed them around for a couple of months instead of in that blue cross.....

Everytime I read or hear about the ill doinfgs of the RSPCA It makes me so angry. Poor little baby lets hope his Mummy and Daddy are found

xxxxxx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 17:54:29 PM »
OMG this is so shocking ..... Thank god the vets are more caring then the RSPCA.  Why do they think they are God ... who gives them the right to make these decisions.

Fingers crossed this poor little one is OK and makes it through the OP OK.  Hopefully it's owners will also be found and there will be happy ending.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 17:35:27 PM »
It's sickening as they have more money than all the rescues put together!. It's sad that well-meaning people hand animals over to them expecting them to do the right thing when it's clearly not the case. Anyway, must get back to work, got to make some money for privacy screens for the cats  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 15:50:06 PM »
It frightens me, they think they are a power unto them selves.  On all animal sites you hear some tragic stories caused by the RSPCA and yet a lot of people still think they are the best thing since sliced bread.  Thank god in this case vet deals with proper charities otherwise it would be too late for this little puss.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
RSPCA at their worse again Grrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 15:40:57 PM »
I posted on the Lost and found board that a cat was run over outside my friends house the other night.
She didn't know what to do so rang RSPCA.
They very kindly (haha!) came out and took the poor cat and gave my friend some leaflets to put up.

I rang RSPCA today to get some details to give to Sue at MyMoggy and was told he was at a certain vets.
I have rang the vets and the cat has a broken pelvis and is going to be operated on. The VN said that RSPCA hadn't wanted to pay the bill so had  authorized for him to be PTS.
Luckily this Vets deal with a few Charity's and Animates are going to pay the bill so the RSPCA signed him over !

What is wrong with the RSPCA ???

Link to CatChat