Author Topic: 2 beautiful cats in desperately need homes - WITH COVCATS ..HOMED  (Read 16099 times)

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Re: 2 beautiful cats in desperately need homes - WITH COVCATS ..HOMED
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2009, 14:21:30 PM »
Great news for these two lovely boys.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »
Brillliant news

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 16:24:03 PM »
GReat news and will change title for you

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
GK and Blackie have just been delivered to their new home this afternoon. a retired couple in a huge victorian house and huge garden.

GK, the nervous one bonded with the man, found the comfy chair next to the gas fire, gave himself a good wash and promptly began to doze. Blackie was almost as happy but was more keen on sitting on the table looking out into the garden.

Hopefully it will go well.

And thankgoodness we stop paying cattery bills - even discounted its been about £600 plus they both only got their boosters earlier this week  - now that was bad timing! :naughty:

I can't amend the title as I didn't start the thread so if a mod would like to do the business for me. Ta

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Anymore news?

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Just been to the cattery to pay the latest £150.
Blackie and GK have (sadly) settled in really well at the cattery and are both affectionate podgy cats.
Blackie likes to be picked up and gives hugs by placing his paws either side of your neck to receive kisses and GK will insist on licking your neck when picked up.

Can't believe we have not managed to home these two - mind you , I suppose I can really as we are still full to the brim with lots of equally nice beautiful cats and kittens.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Blackie and GK are still at the catery and needing a new home. Cattery fees for these to have so far cost us over £600.                                                                       

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
bump

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :(  I do hope these 2 soon get a home
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Poor babies  :(  Do you post cats needing home on CC Angie?  Could you ask for them to go on the Top Cats page.  They must be so lonely in the cattery  :(

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
These two have now been in the cattery for over 2 months and despite being in the local paper are still in need of a new home.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Bump up again -  hopefully we will that wonderful word soon xxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Just bumping this up as they seem to be getting lost amongst the cats that are homed! (not to mention costing us a fortune!!)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
These guys are still looking for homes in the Coventry area if anyone out there is interested!

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
Just wondering if there is any more news on how the boys are and if they are settled a little bit now? :-: I hope that they are both doing ok. I will keep checking back until I go to the states and see if they are ok and see whether anyone has taken them in.  :thanks:

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
hi , sorry to all who tried to contact me, i have been staying at my nans, was helping out with the cats and the repairmen etc who were coming around to the lady's house in order to get the house sorted before selling (and no internet at nans  :'( so couldn't keep up to date).
I would really like to say a great big thank you for those who really tried their hardest for these cats, and those who offered with transport, but most of all to Angie and co for arranging a place for the cats and collecting them on our behalf.
I cannot begin to say what a relief it is knowing finally that there is some hope for them. Her sister called today and also said a great big thank you for helping out and I think she was a bit sorry that she was unable to help herself (but I think there will be a big donation heading towards the charity).

I myself found myself a bit tearful earlier once it had started to sink in that they weren't going to be coming for their fuss at tea time (although G.K did go missing for a short while and it was supspected he had possibly run off so didn't get his usual fuss for a few days), as I went to go around to feed them at 6pm like always and remembered they weren't there.
I have grown quite fond of them over the past four weeks?? but I am so glad that cat lovers may have the chance to give these wonderful boys a great life.
I am going to try and arrange once i am back from the states to help the cat group somehow, I am afraid I wont be able to volunteer with the cats personally because the fur drive me nuts or something does anyway, but I am sure there may be other ways of doing it.
I usually do a run each year for charity in costume (i started with a cancer one when my aunt died) and have been doing a different one every year since and have been looking for another charity to run for, so I may most likely do that instead and try and help that way as a great big thankyou from myself and my nan.

I do hope to find out where these little boys end up and would really love to hear of their progress, but just knowing they have a safe and loving home is good enough for me.

Thank you everybody who helped on this one, may God bless you all.

All my love and best wishes Amanda x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Lovely! I hope they get a new home soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Have amended the title to reflect the cats are now under Covcats care. Hope they find their forever home soon Angie.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Well folks, Blackie and GK are now guests at Corley Cattery curtesy of Coventry Cat Group.

A huge thanks to Amanda and her gran for looking after these cats all this time.
I have just dropped them off at the cattery and they are doing well though a bit unsettled. Poor GK is shaking a bit but then that could be due to the hours drive (I know humans who react to my driving in a similar way).

So, without further ado ... Blackie and GK who are now safe until a permanent home(s) are found.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Got in touch with Amanda (I found the original advert - Duh!).
We will try and sort these in the next day or so (whenever we can get them!)

Offline FreeToGoodHome Helper

• Adult Cat
    • Helping Free To Good Home pets find responsible homes. x
Soooo sorry guys, my internet and laptop have been down for a week and i've only just managed to get back online (and everythings taped together with duct tape :scared:).  :doh: As Amanda stated she couldnt get hold of Kirsty our Fosterer in Northfield as Kirsty now is having landlord issues and couldnt take these two after all and is now in a fix with her own cats  :(, this was once i'd swapped numbers and considered it sorted. Then i went down so couldnt update...  :censored:

Fingers crossed this gets sorted guys, you're all stars. x  :hug:
Jodie x

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat

Brilliant Angie, another miracle worker  :hug:

except I've received no reply yet from my pm and email and can't hold space indefinately

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
i've just contacted kitty to arrange collection.

Brilliant Angie, another miracle worker  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
i've just contacted kitty to arrange collection.

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
thank you Dawn, I really do hate putting any pressure on anyone, but I dont know who else I can turn to. I pray to God that something good comes for these cats, I'd really hate for anything bad to happen to them. I dont know if anyone knows much about cat behaviour but G.K (Ginger Kat) goes missing for a couple of days at a time, when i do spot him he is generally hiding in the bushes at the end of the garden and wont budge or come to the house for his dinner and he seems to cower, when we take food out to him he scoffs it down likes he's never eaten before, is there a chance that Blackie maybe bullying him and preventing him going in for his food? He does seem a little nervous if Blackie comes near.
G.K is such a lovely cat, quite shy (as he was the most recent stray to join the family) but does love to be fussed and groomed, and i think it's a shame to see him like that.
I dont know if it makes the difference because the owner's not around or because the other cat has gone, I can imagine that it has caused some distress to them with strange people coming in and out of their home. I'm not really sure what to do apart from keep taking the food out to him when this happens.
any ideas as to what might be going on? I think it might be as simple as the other cat laying down the law perhaps??
I know I shouldn't have favourites as they are both lovely cats and both really love the fuss, but I would have to say i love G.K the best, maybe its his shyness but he is just so cute.
anyway I hope you do find someone to give them a loving home. they need it  ;)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Any news?  :wish:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Really hope you can sort something Dawn, you've got yourself a reputation as a bit of a miracle worker  :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Leave it with me, I think there was someone else locally who offered  :hug:

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
hi, still not had any luck rehoming the cats,  did wait for that lady to call me about fostering them but heard nothing, did try calling her on that number i was given but i got no answer either and she hasn't called back.
I am running low on time now as I will be in America in less than a month and wont be returning until the very end of October, my nan is not going to be around either. I have tried asking her neighbours to see if anyone would kindly take care of them until either myself or my grandmother returns, but they basically refused (and I cant really blame them as they are not their cats).
no luck on the family front either, I have no idea on what is happening about the house whether it goes up for auction very soon or not, not heard from the family about the house or the cats.
To be honest its not looking very good with so little time left to find them homes. Once I leave for the states there will be no care for the cats and no-one to feed them or give them water, so then I guess it boils down to the family having to come to birmingham and sorting out the cats themselves, but the outcome is most likely negative (*which is what we have been trying to avoid by trying to find them homes ourselves).
I am making a final plea to anyone who can offer to give either one or both of these cats a home either permanant or temporary so that they are not pts.
I am afraid that i cannot drive a car so i cannot transport to you, so if you can help offer homes or offer transport to a home please do get in touch, many thanks Amanda

• Adult Cat
okay, no probs then, will ask her if she'll go and get them today  :Luv:  and then we can go from there.  :)
Jodie x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I can't see the harm in getting them, I'm sure there won't be a problem but got waylaid today so couldn't get hold of her, I'll try again in the morning  :hug:

• Adult Cat
Hiya Dawn do you need my person to go and collect the cats? has Maria confimed she's definitely taking them?  Let me know as soon as you do and then i'll get in touch with her for you if needed.

Amanda, do you know the postcode of where the cats are? x
Jodie x

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
thankyou guys for still trying, i do apologise if anyone tried to call me recently coz i forgot to take my phone with me a couple of times  :shocked: and i have no credit to call anyone (as i never use it other than for incoming calls), so if you do call me and its a strange number calling back its probably me calling back from my moms or nan's phone  :briggin:, just wanted to let you guys know i am not being ignorant  :shy: thanks again

amanda :thanks:

• Adult Cat
k, i'll give her a bell in the morning and get her ready for your nod if needed. (will be about midday though, cos i try not to DO mornings! :shy:)
Jodie x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Dawn, have got someone in Northfield, Birmingham who can get these cats safe. Into foster for you in the meantime for Cheltenham lady if needed, she could literally go get them tomorrow but obviously only as a temporary thing.

That would be great, and I'll let you know tomorrow if I get hold of Maria  :hug:

• Adult Cat
Dawn, have got someone in Northfield, Birmingham who can get these cats safe. Into foster for you in the meantime for Cheltenham lady if needed, she could literally go get them tomorrow but obviously only as a temporary thing.

Jodie x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I've had an email off the lady in Cheltenham tonight so I'll give her a ring tomorrow and take it from there  :hug:

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
thank you to everyone working on this one to find homes, and for you guys offering to take cats to their new homes, i dont know what i would do if that nice lady hadn't told me about putting the ad up in here, i cant rememebr her name but if you are looking thankyou to you also  ;)

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
a permanant home would be much better if it is at all possible  ;), but like i said any help is better than no help lol  :), even in foster care there is a good chance that they will end up in a permanant home eventually  :), it may be a little disruptive for them to begin with :shocked: but faced with the alternative :( i'd much rather do the foster care or permanant if it comes up.
 :thanks: so much for helping, i didn't know where else to go  :-:, you guys are brill  :hug:, keep in touch

many thanks again amanda

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Just waiting to hear back from the lady in Cheltenham  :wish:

Link to CatChat