Author Topic: 2 beautiful cats in desperately need homes - WITH COVCATS ..HOMED  (Read 16102 times)

Offline FreeToGoodHome Helper

• Adult Cat
    • Helping Free To Good Home pets find responsible homes. x
No probs. great news!   :)
Jodie x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Leave it with me, I've got a couple of phone calls to do and then I'll try and think the best way of sorting it.  Got an offer of a home in Cheltenham or a foster home in Kings Heath........maybe the offer of a proper home would be better but I'll chat to the lady first  :hug:

Offline FreeToGoodHome Helper

• Adult Cat
    • Helping Free To Good Home pets find responsible homes. x
Are these guys okay now?  :scared: if needed and dependant on distance we've got a chain of people willing to do a transport run around birmingham ring road, and down as far as Cheltenham (starts off from Tamworth) for a Dalmatian that we may not need now, it was scheduled to be the 12th July (This coming Saturday) i'm sure they wouldnt mind moving these cats instead if needed to get them safe.

Jodie x

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
hi, would they be able to take both cats or just the one?  :scared: any help at all is great  ;D, i can arrange to be at the house ready with the cats if someone can definately take them in and someone wouldn't mind collecting them on our behalf. there is a possibility that i may be able to ask one of the neighbours if they could take me to kings heath if a place is still going for either of the cats as I dont think its too far in the car, but i have yet to ask her, either way you can give me a message to arrange a pick up or drop off , my name is amanda by the way, pleased to meet you all  ;) and many many thanks for being so kind and understanding.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:45:51 AM by kitty73 »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Have Pm'd you Dawn

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I've also had an offer of a foster home in Kings Heath but I need to know asap as people are waiting to hear back from me, but I haven't a clue what to say because I don't know what's happening  :tired:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
Can I just repeat that I can help with transport within Birmingham and have now confirmed with OH that he would be willing to act as chauffeur as far as Cheltenham where Dawn (the Diddy one ;D) said someone might be able to take them in.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Surely if a CP got involved these two could go to the CP HQ in Haywards Heath.. ? It make take a few days to organise transport runs etc, but if the local CP was willing they could make a request to CP HQ and see if they would make some room... Its possible.. we took an FIV pos cat that didnt even come into our care it went straight via the vets... It took them a few days to find a place for him but they did...

It depends if your local CP can do this or has time.. If they realised that there was an option to get them there all they have to do is make initial contact with CP and of course officially be signed over to them and then transported down..

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
hi there, :briggin:  thanks for your replies ;), we do still have the boys at the moment.
currently they are in the process of getting deeds for the house from the solicitor so that may take a while, so gives us a little more time, also the one sister who asked us to take care of the cats has left us with full access to the house and cats and has given us a little money towards food, she wont be able to come down for a while as she has a bed ridden husband who is dying and the last couple of times she has had to come down ie for the funeral and the arrangements beforehand, she has had to pay for respite care or a carer to come in for a day, which works out expensive for her.
The ladies siblings are all in their 70's and above and I guess money is tight for a lot of them, some of which wouldn't be bothered what happened to the cats  >:( all they want is the house sold and their share of the money from the house.
but as my friend loved her cats and was worried about them finding good homes before she died, i think its only fair that we do this as her last wish.
I am not too sure about executers or beneficiaries responsibilities, and I am a bit afraid to ask incase they take the alternative option which I am currently trying to avoid, but if the cats aren't homed soon i think my nan will mention it.
unfortunately there is no-one closer than us, we were her only real friends and her family are too widespread like dubai and canada, manchester, isle of wight.
my nan is in her 70's and is herself in poor health so it has been a bit of a struggle for her, and she's been having a rough time of it lately too, first we lost my aunt (her youngest at 40) of cancer and 6 months later my grandfather from a virus, and now her friend, so you can imagine its pretty hard for her to go round to the house too as she was the one who found her dead on the sofa.  :'( so I think when the cats have gone she'll come out of automatic mode and it will hit her  :(
I will keep trying to do what I can for now and pray that by some miracle someone can offer one or both a home, they are gorgeous cats and really affectionate.
I have tried a few places including cramer but they were full, i will keep ringing around.
I appreciate all your comments, please pray that it all works out for them. any help is good and better than none so please do stay in touch if you feel you know someone able to help, many thanks amanda

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I've had a couple of offers of help for these babes and if need be, we can put an appeal out for transporting them. 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
Hello Amanda. Well done for filling in.  Can I ask a few questions.

Is there anyone closer that can feed the 2 cats? Not sure how old your nan is and therefore how much trouble it is for her. My mom is 86 but some on this site have nans in their 50s :rofl: 
Has the executor asked the beneficiaries if they are prepared to fund caring for the cats until a home can be found?
Have you telephoned Cramar Cat Rescue in Hopwood?  They certainly wouldn't put healthy cats to sleep.  I am thinking that, if they do not have space to take in rescues, I wonder if they may have room for them to be boarded in the cattery section if the lady's estate is prepared to fund it. 

I would be able to help with transport from (I seem to recall from an earlier post it's Northfield?) to Hopwood where Cramar are based.

I have 4 cats already and thst's my limit. It seems to me however that legally the cats are the property of this lady's estate and the executor is legally bound to look after the lady's property until the estate has been fully administered.  Morally of course, whoever is to benefit from the lady's estate should be funding the cats' care until a permanent home is found.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Amanda, good luck finding these two lads a home. :) Well done for taking on the responsibility - a lot of people choose to ignore situations like this.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline kitty73

• Kitten
2 beautiful cats in desperately need homes - WITH COVCATS ..HOMED
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 21:58:56 PM »
hi there folks, some nice lady sent me the link to this site in the hope that someone may be able to help me, so i sure hope someone can help kinda urgently  ;) .

A lady who lived a couple of doors away from my nan died over a week ago and her funeral was held on the 1st july, she left behind 3 beautiful cats that had originally been strays till she took them into her home and gave them lots of love. She unfortunately never had a chance to find homes for her cats when she found out she was dying, and died a week after her diagnosis  :'(.

I have managed to find a home for the tabby cat who had thyroid problems with her nephew, but I am left trying to look after 2 other healthier cats till i can find them homes, but the executer of the will has to put the house up for sale in order to split the proceeds between the beneficiaries.
However they live in places like manchester and the isle of wight and other far off places and unable to take care of the cats, and as we are in Birmingham me and my nan are looking after them.

I live 2 bus rides away so I am having to travel quite a distance to see to the cats, me and my nan are both allergic to cats  :( but are going in and feeding them everyday but unable to groom them due to their fur, and I couldn't bring them home due to living with my mom who is not only allergic to animal fur but is a very bad asthmatic, and i am off to america shortly and wont be back for a few months.

we were left to rehome the cats but so far have been very unsuccessful, all the animal shelters seem to be overflowing with cats and kittens and the only places willing to take them are the ones who will put them down  >:( as its their age against them apparantly  :'(, but I dont agree with putting a healthy animal to sleep  :(.

so i am in a dilemma, the house is being sold, they need the cats gone asap, if i dont rehome them they will possibly be put to sleep and I think these cats are absolutely adorable and had i been in a situation where i could take them in myself i would.

let me tell you about the cats  :),

one is black male about 9 years old, he has been neutered and is fully up to date with his innoculations (has certificate of proof), a pretty nervous cat  :shy: but very loving and affectionate once he gains your trust.

there is also a ginger cat, unknown age, i am guessing around 6 or 7?? he has also been neutered and is fully up to date with his innoculations (has certificate of proof also), he is a pretty nervous cat too  :shy: but very loving and affectionate once he gains your trust, in fact more affectionate than the black one.

you will need to have a house with a garden preferably and not a high rise flat  :(, as they are used to access via a catflap or being let out  ;D .
can be rehomed seperately as the black one came first and proves to be the most dominant of the 2 but do obviously live together ok, but please remember they were both taken in as strays and are nervous.

i have no transport or a cat basket to transport to you i'm afraid    :-[ , but if you are able to collect please do feel free to make contact and come and collect one or both cats.

All you need is to be an animal loving person  :Luv:, able to afford to feed them and are able to innoculate them if they need it and cover vet bills if its needed, but most of all provide them with a stable and loving home for the rest of their days as their owner was a real cat loving person and has been a very dear friend to me and my nan  ;).

God bless all you cat lovers out there who do such wonderful things for rescued and unwanted and stray cats, I wish I was able to do what you all do, may God always bless you and your little additions. ;)

please contact me anytime  :thanks: email me at ravenfeather73@hotmail.com many thanks amanda
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 16:24:58 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat