Author Topic: Really worrid about Ollie  (Read 6161 times)

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Re: Really worrid about Ollie
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 23:06:14 PM »
I too am sorry it wasn't better news but as others have said so pleased he's home with you. :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 22:50:50 PM »
I'm sorry its bad news  :( - but so glad you've got him home with you  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 22:10:07 PM »
Aww, I am so sorry that the news wasn't better, and I hope you have plenty of quality time with him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 20:33:41 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: To you both!  ;)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 20:15:25 PM »
Thank you all for your good wishes for Ollie.  At the moment, apart from being thin due to the tummy problems and the tumour, he seems happy enough.  Spent the afternoon sunning himself on the back steps and then managing to force down a big bowl of chicken.  He is now stretched out on the spare bed having his ears and the top of his head washed by Sophie VERY Vigorously.  Obviously she doesn't think his personal hygiene is up to her standards  :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know whether it is the case, but I'm wondering whether there was some connection with the health of the litter they came from as we lost Portia so young, and now we are going to lose him.  I am trying to think positively and am hoping that he will continue as he is now for a good while.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 19:31:11 PM »
Oh Puddie, I am so sorry to hear this. I so hoped for a better outcome. Well, you have made a good decision and I have no doubt ollie will be in the lap of love and luxury for his remaining days  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 19:28:26 PM »
So sorry Puddypaws  :(  I know Ollie will be spoilt rotten and loved no matter how long he has left.  I can't imagine how you must be feeling - he's so young and so soon after losing Portia so young aswell.  Life really is so cruel at times  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 17:51:17 PM »
I am so sorry the news wasn't good.  At least you can spend as much time with him as possible and I have no doubt he will be spoiled rotten

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 17:12:43 PM »
Sending big  :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and Ollie, I'm sorry the prognosis isn't better, but if he is happy at the moment, then I definitely think you have made the right decision.

Enjoy each and every moment with him  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 16:42:28 PM »
Sending you and Ollie :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 13:36:29 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about Ollie and yes I think you have made the right decision for Ollie  :hug: :hug:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 13:32:51 PM »
Oh, so sorry, you must be devastated, but sound as if you're being strong & brave for Ollie  :Luv2:
Thinking of you and sending purrs & head butts to the little soldier.
 :hug:
Jas
XXX

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 13:27:21 PM »
poor ollie - sorry to hear this

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 13:16:08 PM »
Well, an update on Ollie.  I finally got him into the basket with use of towel.  My arms are covered in gouges and scratches from that performance.  The vet has done further checks, ex-rays etc.  They show he has got a tumour and that it has spread.  We had a long talk and because he is so nervous and the vets prognosis is gloomy, I have decided,as he is still happy and does not appear to be in any pain, to leave him for now and see how he progresses over the next few weeks.  He has still got antibiotics for his tummy trouble and those seem to be working well.  I think I have made the right decision for him and will make sure that he does not suffer - he is going to have regular check ups.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 16:38:50 PM »
Ollie  obviously listens to all your comversations and made a note in his diary  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 13:59:01 PM »
LOL little so and so

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 10:24:42 AM »
Well, we should have seen the vet this morning, but dear little Ollie decided that he was not going in the carrier!  I tried for a solid hour tempting him with bits of ham (which he loves).  He ate it OK and then carried on hiding away.  In the end he was getting so stressed that I gave up and rang the vet.  He said to let him be and go in on Tuesday, when he will also have had longer on the antbiotics, so we wait.  As soon as I had rung the vets, Ollie came smirking into the lounge all purrs and fusses, little  :censored:

That you BC for the picture of  Smidgeon - that is just the look I shall have to give the vet on Tuesday.  Ollie seems well still eating for 6 and I've managed to disguise his medicine in a little cat milk.  You are all so supportive that I am now feeling quite a bit more optimistic so thank you everyone.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 09:44:21 AM »
Sending hugs to you and Ollie :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 09:26:45 AM »
I hope it isn't a tumour, but I agree that if he is happy in himself and eating well, then there is nothing wrong in bringing him home.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »
(but a pic of Smidgeon always goes down well).

here is Smidgeon expressing his opinion of vets who are such pessimists

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 07:37:38 AM »
Hope things are ok with Ollie.  You will know what to do when it comes down to it.  Hopefully you wont have to make the decision and he will be home safe and sound enjoying his shrews.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 17:22:34 PM »
If he's still into the ancient feline art of shrew flinging, he can't be feeling too bad  ;)  I would want him home I think. But whatever you do for Ollie could never be "wrong". Let's hope he has a long time to munch shrews chicken and rice left with you caring for him  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 14:35:46 PM »
There is nothing wrong with wanting him home Puddy....I know you would not consider putting him through any heartache but Im sure if he is pain free you will both cope brilliantly!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 14:31:44 PM »
My next dilemma is if the vet does an exploratory op and find that it is a tumour that is inoperable, he said they could put him to sleep while under, but as he seems happy in himself, I wonder whether to let him come home for as long as he isn't in pain.  That is what I want but would that be wrong?

I'd want him home, as long as he was happy in himself and not in pain. Hope it won't come to that though  :hug:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 14:27:24 PM »
Hopefully you're right that the vet was giving me worst case senario - today Ollie is full of beans and was nearly full of shrew this morning.  I saw him jumping round by the living room door.  When I looked to see what he was doing, he was flinging a dead shrew into the air.  He's very put out that I threw it in the bin but as I explained to him, the vet said a diet of chicken and rice for now, with no mention of shrews at all  :rofl: :rofl:.  BC just by you all being there is such a great help, (but a pic of Smidgeon always goes down well).

My next dilemma is if the vet does an exploratory op and find that it is a tumour that is inoperable, he said they could put him to sleep while under, but as he seems happy in himself, I wonder whether to let him come home for as long as he isn't in pain.  That is what I want but would that be wrong?

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 20:37:31 PM »
Puddie, so sorry, I have just caught up with this post. This must be such a worry for you. As others have said, there are any number of reasons for the lump and by giving you the worst case scenario, the vet has probably just meant to give you time to come to terms with the possibility, rather than it being a clear expression of probability. Please let me know if there is anything I can do, or offer by way of distraction therapy ...

Jo :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 20:32:27 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed - I do wish vets wouldnt jump at such a drastic potential illness first, and without doing tests, as it is so worrying.
Please spay your cat

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 20:29:55 PM »
So sorry to hear about Ollie.

In January 1997, we went through a very similar experience with our beloved black persian, Leo, who had come to us from a rescue centre. He ended up having exploratory surgery as a 'mass' could be felt and it turned out that he had a condition called Eosiniphilic Enteritis. Someone else might be able to explain properly what this is but I recall it was all to do with a hardening of the intestine. At that point, Leo was only given a couple of days to live but we have a fantastic vet who put him straight onto a course of treatment  . . . . and Leo did not finally pass away (of a completely unrelated condition) until October 2002, at the age of about 16/17. Those five 'extra' years we had with him; well, you just couldn't tell that he was on medication - in fact, as he got older, the medication decreased from 1 tablet a day to an injection every 3 months!

I can well remember the panic I felt prior to the exploratory surgery and so I want to send you all the positive vibes I can muster to help you all through whatever the next few days / weeks hold for you all, and hope that you find a diagnosis or solution to Ollie's current health problem very very soon.  :hug:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »
Thank you all so much for your hugs and good wishes.  Olie seems happy enough in himself and I actually managed to get his antibiotics down him, so perhaps things will start to look up a bit.  The trouble is that although they might help his bowel upset, we still have to deal with the lump the vet found.  I'm hoping it will have magicked away by Saturday  :scared:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 00:31:12 AM »
Oh Puddypaws  :scared: really sorry to hear Ollie's not well.

Sending lots of love & positive vibes his way
Jas
 X

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 20:48:16 PM »
thinking about you and Ollie :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 20:27:09 PM »
Sending big  :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and Ollie from me as well. You are very much in my thoughts.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 19:58:27 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about Ollie but maybe this time the vet is not right.............he is only guessing at present. Lots of love to yuu and Ollie and hope he will be OK  :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 18:23:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about Ollie, fingers crossed it is nothng serious.   :hug: :hug:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 17:50:25 PM »
Oh no Puddy, I would be worried out of my wits if I were you too, well even if I weren't you I am worried... poor Olllie he has been doing so well and now he's got a nice friend too, he MUST be okay!!  Hope it is not anything serious.  My bestust wishes sent in your way  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 17:25:20 PM »
Sending positive vibes to Ollie and yourself~~~~~~~~ :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 16:57:40 PM »
Oh no, poor Ollie  :(  I really hope it's something less serious, vets have been known to be wrong and at the moment there is no firm diagnosis just a suggestion.  Please give him a gentle head kiss from me and a big  :hug: to you Puddy

Dark Moon

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 15:11:21 PM »
None of them ever deserve this. Your cry is what I have said over and over about my beloved Winston. He didn't deserve it either. But then it occurred to me - none of them ever do.

I DO hope things are better than they seem. And I also know that what I am about to say won't matter worth a damn right now (if the worst turns out to be true). But it IS true.

Regardless of how little time he may have had (and I hope that he has years and years and years yet) YOU have helped him and made his life better. As he has yours. I know what cold comfort that is. Have buried too many babies of my own and had people say that to me and had it bounce off. But it IS true.

We are NOT giving up. Indeed, we are thinking only the most positive thoughts. But you should understand that no matter how painful this is for you (and we all KNOW the pain!) - you have done well by him. Are doing well by him. And will do well by him. And he knows it. You gave him a chance to know love and trust.

Trust me - he know and understands and loves you for it all.

I know it's hard for you. But we are keeping the faith and sending more hugs your way than you can ever deal with! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ALL our love and good thoughts.

me and Winston and
Tony
Annabelle Lee
Edgar
Molly
Simon
Mariah
Fan (aka 'she whose name....)
Felix
Spencer
Gabrielle
Niome
Puck
Pixie
Ozzie
Sadie
Clawdette
Gideon, and
Bogs (as in 'boggles the mind...)

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 15:01:39 PM »

I really hope Ollie is okay

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 14:45:46 PM »
I am trying to stay positive but it is difficult, especially after losing Portia.  I just got the impression from the vet that he didn't think the prognosis was good.  He is usually spot on with things, so it makes it very hard.  Thank you for your hugs - I really need one at the moment.  What makes it so hard is that when he came to us, Ollie was petrified of everything and he is gradually coming out of his shell and is such a sweet little boy.  He even allowed my daughter to rub his head the other day which was such a big step for him.  It seems as if he always gets the short straw and he just does not deserve this.

Link to CatChat