Author Topic: Really worrid about Ollie  (Read 6157 times)

Dark Moon

Re: Really worrid about Ollie
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 14:11:45 PM »
Indeed, DON'T give up hope. I have had several vets tell me that they suspected FeLuk when it wasn't. Lumps are more tangible - but they are also benign more often than not. Should the worst be true - he's young and it can be removed and you caught it early so prognosis is GOOD.

We'll hope for benign. But just remember - the alternative isn't as bad as you are likely thinking right now.

Keeping fingers and so many, many toes crossed for you right now. And sending a hug along as well. Just because sometimes that's what ya need.

:hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Really worrid about Ollie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 14:01:32 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Ollie. I hope that the antibiotics help him and if he does have to have the tumour removed, that it is benign. Don't give up hope as it could well be.  sending lots of positive vibes and hugs.  :hug:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Really worrid about Ollie
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 13:54:27 PM »
I took Ollie to the vets today as he has had loose bowels and had lost some weight.  The vet said he has a lump and thought at first that with the other symptoms, it could be feline leukeamis as he is only just over 2.  When he did the blood test, it was clear.  He has some antibiotics and has to go back on Saturday to see how he is getting on.  The next step would have to be an exploratory op to see whatis going on, but he seemed pretty convinced that it is a tumour of some kind.  I am so worried and upset as he has been coming along really well up til now and we lost his sister Portia quite recently.  I'm hoping there is something that can be done, but it does not look hopeful right now. 

Link to CatChat