Author Topic: They call themselves US Marines, scum is more appropriate! Petition to sign  (Read 17730 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
excellent news, like Mark I thought it would all go away

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Maybe someone will get hold of them by the scruff of the heck and throw them over a cliff .....  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I believe what goes round comes round and this scum will get pay back ten fold  >:(  >:(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Maybe someone will get hold of them by the scruff of the neck and throw them over a cliff .....  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 19:33:54 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Great news  ;D

As I cynically thought they would let the story die  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Great news!!!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Read in the Evening Standard that these two worthless apologies for human beings are being drummed out of their corps - dishonourable discharge step right up :wow:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
I need to say, I think, that the young man who is my secular "Godson" has just passed out as a Marine in the UK.  I assert that you can be absolutely certain that he and his comrades would have no truck whatsoever with atrocities like this.  Nor, of course, are they asked to commit them.

This is not to open an argument about warfare, please.  I wish that all our fellow human beings were willing to live at peace together.  With our species, though, it ain't going to happen.

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
It may only be a few 'bad apples' that engage in atrocious behaviour like this, but that means nothing to the animals (and humans) murdered by these  :censored:

What kind of society are they trying to build when they think it's acceptable to commit such acts of appalling cruelty?  >:(

:sigh:

Dee

Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
BAD NEWS!! the email address that has been posted is not a live email address - my post has been returned to me by mailer daemon... so stick to the petition if you want a response.... >:(

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
I hope for its sake it died instantly as it landed  :(

Me too RIP
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I hope for its sake it died instantly as it landed  :(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
I have signed it - almost 10,000 signatures when I looked

Does anybody know the fate of this poor puppy??
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
not to disturb anyone but have you seen the video for survival training where they have to kill the chicken?

I've not seen that one.  Why do they have to kill anything though when it comes to their training.  I know it will probably rule out the man from the boys but there must be other alternatives.  The Peruvian army string up live dogs and slash at them, I really think the guys that are capable of doing this are very warped in their mind and I expect they would also be trigger happy  >:(  >:(  My son is after joining the army and I would hope if he was told he had to do some of the initiation things that have been mentioned on here, that he would refuse.

its all part of the conditioning, obey without question, essentially brain washing and unfortunately it works but they would make poor soldiers otherwise

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
not to disturb anyone but have you seen the video for survival training where they have to kill the chicken?

I've not seen that one.  Why do they have to kill anything though when it comes to their training.  I know it will probably rule out the man from the boys but there must be other alternatives.  The Peruvian army string up live dogs and slash at them, I really think the guys that are capable of doing this are very warped in their mind and I expect they would also be trigger happy  >:(  >:(  My son is after joining the army and I would hope if he was told he had to do some of the initiation things that have been mentioned on here, that he would refuse.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:18:02 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I think you have to wait for it to load - it does work.

It worked, I must be an impatient princess  :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
doesn't really tie in the the marines at crufts with the two they got back from Afganistan or Iraq does it - poor little pup

It only take one sick  :censored: to give them all a bad name.  I read the story on the ones at Crufts as I had an email about them, there are some caring guys out there, they just need to get rid of the bad apples.

There was also the story about the marine who rescued a dog caught in razor wire in Iraq who spent $10,000 on treatment and adopted afterwards. I Do think we have to be careful about tarring everyone with the same brush. I am very concerned about the initiation things though. They say that senior officers are aware of it but would deny it.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
that's the saddest thing, I think the they are having a tougher time than any of us know and don't even get paid properly  but one idiot makes them all look bad

And often suffer PTST after they return to be just turned out by the military to fend for themselves

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
that's the saddest thing, I think the they are having a tougher time than any of us know and don't even get paid properly  but one idiot makes them all look bad

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
doesn't really tie in the the marines at crufts with the two they got back from Afganistan or Iraq does it - poor little pup

It only take one sick  :censored: to give them all a bad name.  I read the story on the ones at Crufts as I had an email about them, there are some caring guys out there, they just need to get rid of the bad apples.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I read one site that said that they often raise puppies from birth and a test of their "manliness" is that they break the puppies necks the night before they graduate  >:(

I saw that as well Mark, I think they wait until they are about 3 months old.  One of them had posted it on his blog as well  >:(  >:(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:59:14 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I in no way condone this but when the military takes a person then turns them in soldiers compassion is something that is left out, no room for compassion in killers

I read one site that said that they often raise puppies from birth and a test of their "manliness" is that they break the puppies necks the night before they graduate  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Mark your marines link is either broken, down or swamped as can't get it

I can't remember where I found it - maybe they have taken it down - this is all over the media now.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I in no way condone this but when the military takes a person then turns them in soldiers compassion is something that is left out, no room for compassion in killers

You only have to look on links on the internet to see how prisioners of war are treated  >:(  >:(  I'm not blinkered as to what goes on in the world, but I found some pretty upsetting stuff last night and it makes you wonder, do you really want these guys protecting our countries  >:(

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat

Mark your marines link is either broken, down or swamped as can't get it

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I'm just wondering whether something could be done about how they train the Peruvian Army, they are serious sicko's but not sure how  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Does anyone have any contacts for dog charities to forward the petition to? - These "people" need to pay for their actions.

I don't think they'll get away with it somehow, the AR's and other groups have done a good job of ciruculating it and by people's responses, they will have to act.

This is a joke. The perpetrator's sister is complaining that he is getting death threats which makes a puppies life more important than a human's  >:( stupid b  :censored: h
http://heraldnet.com/article/20080305/NEWS01/303268761/-1/news01

My heart bleeds for them, if that was a member of my family, I'd have no sympathy and I hope they get what's coming to them  >:(  >:(

It was on CNN News
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/podcasts/nancygrace/site/2008/03/10/ng.cross.exam.03.10.cnn

I think this has been removed.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
 >:( >:( disgusting .... I hope it's a hoax but there is a part of me that thinks it probably isn't!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Does anyone have any contacts for dog charities to forward the petition to? - These "people" need to pay for their actions.

This is a joke. The perpetrator's sister is complaining that he is getting death threats which makes a puppies life more important than a human's  >:( stupid b  :censored: h
http://heraldnet.com/article/20080305/NEWS01/303268761/-1/news01

Marine Corps press release
http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/0/7F00CEF1D09E9EBA852574020061B983?opendocument

It was on CNN News
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/podcasts/nancygrace/site/2008/03/10/ng.cross.exam.03.10.cnn
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:59:08 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
with due respect for his rank

Respect and rank are 2 of the things this sicko should be stripped of  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I don't think they are hoaxes Dawn - the are just trying to squirm out of it. Sick  :censored: - I just wish they could be thrown of a cliff as punishment  >:(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
In trying to get info, I've found a few more sickening things but with the Peruvian Army.........I really wish I hadn't looked  :'(  :'(

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Could we make clear in the title that this, genuine or hoax, refers to US Marines please?

:thanks:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
I've not been able to work out if its real or not.

The Marine's website got a TON of nasty messages last week - so much that it ended up "You must be signed in the access this"

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I think they will be getting inundated with emails from disgusted peeps so some good has to come out of it  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Link to CatChat