Author Topic: Vibes needed please - all 3 poorly - RIP Sam :(  (Read 50389 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Vibes needed please
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:02 AM »
Hope everything goes well for them all  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 20:08:44 PM »
i just hope that I am wrong with his dental and he does pull through. Sam has decided he doesn't like the new posh PAH food (glad the girls did, as it was £6 for 12 tins!!) but eating dry and still taking his Felimazole in Primula - wonder if it will work for Antirobe. Will give him some more Metacam and open something new for him. Zi clearly read what I wrote earlier, as she has been limping today and does seem to be a bit dehydrated, despite drinking more - so she has only had wet food for tea. Absolutely exhausted now, and can't go to bed yet as I still have to get some food into Sam and ear drops into Arthur - lets hope I dont do that the wrong way round - plus wash the bowls for the morning.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 16:28:23 PM »
Im glad Arthur's dental is booked in too! Positive vibes for this for him!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Happy you managed to get a good amount of food into Sam....Thinking of you all....I would be stressed out too, hope your feeling better in yourself!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 13:40:54 PM »
Glad to hear that Arthur is booked in for the dental, hope bloods are still ok and everything goes to plan.  What a worry about Sam, poor fella hope something can be sorted.  Byron has gone off cat milk too so I'm having to find things she really likes for her weight.  Hope Zi's is just an age thing and she is comfortable despite.  Sorry you've got 3 to worry about all at once  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
I certainly have been thinking the worst, not made better by the fact that there are 3 to worry about at the same time, and I dont know any of the vets. I always worry when Sam's mouth acts up though, as he has managed to eat despite having severe ulcers. I also worry that at some point, he is going to need continual pain relief for it, and daily Metacam worries me a lot.

The vet warned me that Arthur's jab would make him drink more - just what I needed, he has already managed nearly half the bowl since I filled it up 2 hours ago!! I might have to put two bowls down tomorrow, as i have to be at work early, then going to the docs straight from work.

Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 10:26:06 AM »
Im glad its looking a little bit more positive today

Its always a worry when they are ill and no matter how we try we still get stressed over them and always think the worst :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »
Thanks everyone, I was incredibly stressed and feeling really down about it all yesterday. Arthur has had a steroid jab to calm his ear down, Canaural twice a day and Antirobe once a day, and a dental booked for Fri - I have to get my vets to fax over the bloods in advance. They were also doing free dip sticks to test for diabetes, so picked on of those up to try with him today.

I went and bought another 5 kinds of food for Sam, he turned his nose up at the first two, so I checked his mouth and it is quite red, even the front bits that aren't normally an issue, so chucked some Metacam into his mouth, then made some food quite soupy and added biscuits on the top, so he did eat a fair bit of it, and I have been measuring out his dry and he ate another 30g on top of his wet/dry mix, so feeling a bit happier about him. This will be the first time we have seen the new vet, and she is only with us till Christmas, so not sure whether she will do anything more, or whether it will all change in the new year with the new vet, and still trying to work out how to give him ab's as he isn't drinking cat milk at the moment.

Zi's the least worrying at the moment fortunately!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 06:45:16 AM »
Sending lots of good vibes for them all  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 23:14:30 PM »
Lots of good vibes for them  :hug: :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 16:20:45 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for this little trio and hope the vets can sort them out  :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 14:21:54 PM »
Sending oodles of positive vibes your way Desley, hope they are all OK and that they can carry out a dental on Arthur  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 14:02:38 PM »
Oh Des, I do hope they can all be sorted with the least of vet visits....Sending positive healing vibes to these 3 and hope they all perk up soon! Best of luck with them all!  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:12:10 AM »
Oh Desley, that all sounds terribly stressful. Sending good luck vibes in abundance. :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Vibes needed please - all 3 poorly - RIP Sam :(
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 09:01:42 AM »
3 out of the 5 cats here need to see the vet, Arthur is booked in for this morning, and Zi and Sam are going on Tues (different vets!!).

I got home on Mon to find Arthur had blood in his eye, he seems to be scratching at his ear and catching his eye in teh process - it is his bad eye which does have some sort of scab on it. So both his eye and ear have been bleeding!! And as some of you know, his teeth have been getting worse and his mouth has been bleeding a bit too, so we are going to get him checked over and see what the possibilities of him having a dental are - I dont have a good feeling about it though.

Sam and Zi (the youngest and oldest of my three) seem to have lost weight while I have been away - Sam has been really fussy with his food (my neighbours resorted to giving him cooked chicken cos they were concerned), and he has missed quite a few meals since I have been back, so maybe not just pining for me - dont think it is his teeth though, as when he wants to, he does eat well, and he has been eating his dry with few problems, and has taken his meds with no issue.

Zi is the most concerning, her back end has suddenly gone really thin, and she sometimes seems a bit wobbly on her legs. Her fur has also gone really unkempt and starting to separate. Hopefully it is just something like arthritis and she isn't grooming, but she is nearly 20. her hips dont feel all that prominent though (unlike poor Sam).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 18:17:46 PM by JackSpratt »
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat