Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790279 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4260 on: February 10, 2012, 20:13:50 PM »
Gives me a warm glow without even having ever met him, can only imagine how it makes you feel Teresa  :hug: :hug: :hug:

P.S Both websites now all up to date with Carol's help  ;D

Edit: what's that about Winston?  :shify:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 20:14:27 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4259 on: February 10, 2012, 20:06:08 PM »
Hows this for speedy update

Just to let you know that Jeffrey has made himself at home! Here he is sitting
on John! He has eaten, had a wee, had a wash, snooped through every room & had a
good purr. He's lovely & we are enjoying his company already. We'll let the dust
settle & think about Winston.
Take care. Thanks again

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4258 on: February 10, 2012, 19:52:34 PM »
I think that must be why you couldn't think of a name for him T, he was only passing through.  Enjoy your life Jeffrey, I know your slaves will love you to bits.  :Luv2:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4257 on: February 10, 2012, 19:22:58 PM »
So happy for Jeffrey not Jeffrey. Well done all concerned.  :happy dance:

Sounds like Megan has her new slave exactly where she wants her, too  :evillaugh:

Cracking stuff, T  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4256 on: February 10, 2012, 18:42:53 PM »
Jeffrey has gone to his new home fantastic when you think that its only 15 days since his leg was amputated.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4255 on: February 09, 2012, 18:38:47 PM »
Just going through my emails Teresa and was all set to add Megan and Jeffrey not Jeffrey to the website - you've done me out of a job now! Fab news though, although sorry to hear about Lucy but sounds like she had a happy home for the last 10 years  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4254 on: February 09, 2012, 15:37:53 PM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:  Oh Wow!    T hat is such good news about Megan, and about Jeffrey Who Isn't Jeffrey!!!!   ;D

But.  Am noticing you weren't so good last night (that's a euphemism obviously, cos imagine it was worser than that!)

So, MacBeenz MacSquee has insisted that I administer immediate Squeewheeewheewheeewheee's to you  to be taken three times daily.    :hug: :hug: :hug:  You'll notice they're high strength extra specials.   :shify:  Loves ya, Aunty T.   :Luv:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4253 on: February 09, 2012, 14:41:56 PM »
Had a lovely phonecall to say that Megan is following her new mum everywhere, she enjoys television and she slept in bed with her new mum last night.

:Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  ;D

Did I mention that Jeffrey who isn't Jeffrey enjoys tummy rubs?  :Luv2:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4252 on: February 09, 2012, 13:57:31 PM »
So happy for Megan  :) :) :) :) Megan's new mummy sounds wonderful  :) :) :)
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4251 on: February 09, 2012, 13:32:16 PM »
Had a lovely phonecall to say that Megan is following her new mum everywhere, she enjoys television and she slept in bed with her new mum last night.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #4250 on: February 09, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
 :Luv2:  Jeffrey who isn't Jeffrey could have the name Fergus - it means man of strength. Or Sullivan which means 'keen eye' Xxxx
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4249 on: February 09, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »
Carol your a right tease, the thought of poor Suepoo in suspenders has me in pleats.
I am going to keep you guessing a lttle longer because Lucys story deserves to be told yet again.We all desperately need money to do the work we do but I have always refused to put a price on a cats head. 10 years ago a lovely lady who had lost both her husband and old dog came to me for a cat,she had a wonderful home to offer but could not afford equiptment and a donation, she could afford food and insurance. I told this lady not to worry about a donation and lovely Lucy gained the most wonderful home. Each Christmas Lucy sent me a card with a £5 note in it and Lucy and her owner had the most wonderful life together for 10 years. Yesterday Lucys legacy was to give Megan that same wonderful home, I was really poorly last night and got so much comfort from the thought of Megan curled up in bed with her own wondeful human instead of that cold scary industrial dustbin she was forced into before we got her.

On Friday evening Jeffrey who isnt Jeffrey will be leaving us for his new home..

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4248 on: February 09, 2012, 07:12:50 AM »
Lovely piccies of Megan and  Jeffrey Who Isn't Jeffrey   ;D

How wonderful that two more Paws Inn Babes have got Forever Homes (although sad news about Lucy obviously)

Who are they though?  Who?   You can't keep us forever in suspenders!!   :-:

Fontaine - Daisy - don't you worry you lovely sweeties, someone is going to be just right for you too.    :hug:

Hope Olly has enjoyed his day and that Winston is being kept well supplied wiv turkey  ;)

Love and Squeeewheeewheeee's from me and Mac for all at the Inn  :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4247 on: February 08, 2012, 22:19:05 PM »
Had an interesting day at the Inn today.  A lovely lady who rehomed a Paws Inn cat (Lucy) many years ago arrived with the news that sadly Lucy had succumbed to kidney disease and gone to the bridge last October.  She was desperately missing feline company so had a look around, fell in love, went off to buy food and supplies and came straight back to take away her new friend.  Its a match made in heaven  :Luv2:  but you'll have to wait for T to tell you who is the lucky kitty.  :shify:

It looks like Fontaine and Dainty have sadly not found their forever home, having been pipped at the post by another Paws Inn cat.  The couple will be returning at the weekend to pick up the chosen one so I can saying nothing more until then, in case they change their minds because it was a close run thing.  I wonder if you can guess who it is?  ;)

Jeffrey who isn't Jeffrey went to the vets to have his wound checked over and is healing very nicely thank you so he had his first vaccs, as did Anastasia who is is looking a lot happier since moving back to her rightful place in the house.  She just never stops purring.  :Luv2:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #4246 on: February 06, 2012, 17:10:13 PM »
Aw, what lovely updates - Alias Jeffery is gorgeous! What a special little soldier!

My nest of blacks send a big 'Mew' to their Auntie T and Uncle Rob  :hug:

S.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4245 on: February 06, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »
Jeffrey is the spitting image of Mog (who will soon be having his anniverary with us!). Perhaps we should twin them.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4244 on: February 06, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
Here is pic of Megan.

And
Long awaited pic of Jeffrey who isnt Jeffrey :rofl: as you can see he has a few bald bits after drips, blood tests but I think he is hiding the biggest bald bit and missing leg wonderfully  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4243 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »
What a busy day Olly had yesterday, bed testing and more bed testing,so much so he is now flat out on our bed with Anastasia and Tula.
The good news is they are all happy together again and so Winston has been given his big Pen back, O and Aunty Debbie brought him turkey yesterday with enough for todays lunch too. :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4242 on: February 04, 2012, 21:24:00 PM »
Thats brilliant news that somebody is interested in Fontaine and Dainty but as you say, the weather isn't too auspicious.  I haven't been out but I'd say we have no more than 2 inches of snow here, could be less, but I'm pretty sure its freezing.  It certainly doesn't feel any warmer. 

If Debbie can't make it tomorrow then a few more days of cage rest wont hurt Anastasia, and Winston will just have to continue slumming
it in his small pen. :evillaugh:

Bunty and Biggles send lots of snoozles to all at the Inn and say stay safe.  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4241 on: February 04, 2012, 20:39:26 PM »

Call him Tipper, Tipper.......   Tipper......  :evillaugh: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4240 on: February 04, 2012, 20:25:15 PM »
Its so cold we have stalactites hanging from rose arch and outside some of the pens the patio and path is lethal as is the road and tomorrow I should have an appointment for a couple to view Fontaine and Dainty,guess its not going to happen unless the sun comes out. On the plus side the cats are as warm as toast in their snug pens.
Tomorrow is also the day we have decided to remove Anastasias Pen and allow full integration with Olly and Tula using our new Kalven scratcher as a sweetner but if this ice keeps up there will be no Debbie to help,starting to think everything is about to go wrong o well que sera sera.
Jeffrey who isnt Jeffrey is doing fine despite not having a proper name yet, my brain seems to be on strike as far as names go and indeed a few other things :rofl: Debbie and me will be taking him for a check up and stitch removal on Wednesday when he will hopefully be able to have his first vaccinations along with Anastasia if her nose check goes ok.
Winston is still keeping me company in the living room. 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4239 on: February 04, 2012, 08:52:20 AM »
I love that there's a cat at Paws Inn called Darth Vader.  :naughty: Great news about Megan.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4238 on: February 03, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
 Debbie and I took Megan to vet for recheck on mouth lump last night, Andy says no noticeable change, he said it is possible that it is a slow growing cancer that is deep set and therefore missed by the biopsy,as the lump is inoperable all we can do is be vigilant,so Megan finally had her first vaccination and this morning I got her microchip details in our name. Andy has passed her fit for rehoming provided any new owner is aware of lump.
Jeffrey, Chaucer, Snowy,Columbus,Hasty,has settled in very well and coping really well on his 3 legs, he is enjoying his food and is an absolute dream apart from the stench of tom cat in his tray this morning  :rofl:
Dainty seems much more confident now that Star and Sabrina have been rehomed and her and Fontayne are becoming firm friends.
We had a bit of a scare when feral Milly didnt turn up for roll call this morning, Rob spent ages walking round and moaning because he was frozen and late for work and low and behold where was Milly,waiting on the patio for a late breakfast because Wilma and Darth Vader had eaten it all  :rofl:
New Kaven scratcher and baskets being delivered at lunchtime, really excited.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4237 on: February 03, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
What a little star Biggles/Jeffery sounds. Love the photos. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4236 on: February 02, 2012, 19:36:02 PM »
Tipper is cute, I had a cute Pocket Dragon called Jaunty. Jaunty Jeffrey?

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4235 on: February 02, 2012, 07:42:23 AM »
Starsky and Sabrina look great  :) :)

So glad that the new boy is more comfortable now. Poor little lad.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4234 on: February 02, 2012, 07:06:26 AM »

Great piccies of Starsky and Sabrina, and they look so settled already.   ;D

The new boy sounds wonderful, but poor soul having been in such pain for two months.  Let's hope now he'll turn into a right cuddlebum stay-at-home.
I like the name Jeffrey, but what about Tipper?  I like that too.   :)  It's kind of jaunty.  :Luv:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4233 on: February 01, 2012, 22:59:22 PM »
What about Aristotle or Socrates or maybe Plato - he certainly enjoyed his plato food   :rofl:  :sneakin:
:rofl:

Sta(sky) and Sabrina look very perky :wow:
Pleased to hear that Anastasia is settling back in and hopefully there's no fur flying!

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4232 on: February 01, 2012, 22:51:08 PM »
I'm going to be controversial on the Bunty/Biggles type affair and say I like the name Jeffrey  :naughty:

I like Geoffrey with a G Helen and I tried, I really did, but T is having none of it.  :evillaugh:

I'm not sure about Theodophilus Sheila but I like Theo.

What about Aristotle or Socrates or maybe Plato - he certainly enjoyed his plato food   :rofl:  :sneakin:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4231 on: February 01, 2012, 21:06:13 PM »
So good to see Starsky and Sabrina on furniture, don't they look content! Well done T  ;D

My limping puma is called Theo Wallcat after the footballer and the fact he sleeps on a wall by the kids playground  ;) but I think Theodophilus is a sweet name for a black boy.

Can't say I like Jeffrey, either. Reminds me of my history teacher.  :sick:

I like the name Henry, though. My friend's little boy is a Downs child and he really suits Henry  :Luv2:

:hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4230 on: February 01, 2012, 19:56:50 PM »
A sight for sore eyes  :Luv: They look very confident considering they've never had their own home before  :) Has their new owner said how they're settling in?

I'm going to be controversial on the Bunty/Biggles type affair and say I like the name Jeffrey  :naughty:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4229 on: February 01, 2012, 19:36:57 PM »
Helen just for you Starsky as hes now named and Sabrina in their new home.

Carol not naughty I am grateful you have done the typing  :hug: I think in truth you spent more time with him than I have.

His name is going to be a Bunty/Biggles type affair so far

Snowy
Chaucer
Columbus all seem to suit as well as Tipperary of course  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4228 on: February 01, 2012, 19:10:41 PM »
two months poor, poor boy

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4227 on: February 01, 2012, 19:08:12 PM »
Has the newbie tripod arrived yet?

I'm being very norty and jumping in here before T gets chance but yes he has and he's  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Not that I'm biased of course, although everybody knows I feel the same way about blacks as you do about gingers Helen.  :rofl:  He's friendly and relaxed and doesn't appear to be at all fazed by having lost his leg (a back one) which was amputated last Thursday.  The vet who did the op (not the Paws Inn vet) said the injury was an old one, probably 2 months, so the poor thing has been dragging it around all that time and is no doubt feeling better without it.  He was an entire Tom (his bits were dealt with at the same time as his leg) and has a gorgeous big face with beautiful orangy eyes.   :Luv2:  No pics yet, you'll have to wait until the weekend.  :naughty:  The vets called him Jeffrey which T is not happy with so watch this space.

Anastasia is looking much better and enjoying being back in in the house, as is Winston.  All other Inn-mates are snuggled into their heat pads and who can blame them in this weather.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4226 on: February 01, 2012, 18:00:00 PM »
Do we get to see the pics of Star and Sabrina in their new home  :wow:

Very pleased that the little RTA cat has a loving and caring owner, if only they all did eh  :hug: Has the newbie tripod arrived yet?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4225 on: February 01, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »

Poor little soul.  Am very pleased you were able to find the owner, and I't's no surprise to learn she's over the moon - awful what's happened to her beautiful baby, but fantastic to know she couldn't have been n better hands than yours and the vet treating her.  I'd be calling you angels too, but then we've always believed you to be.   :hug:

So, Winston is a happy boy, back in the house wiv iz turkee  :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4224 on: January 31, 2012, 20:13:25 PM »
RTA cat has fractured pelvis,broken jaw and may yet lose a leg, its lovely to find a nice owner for a change as this little girl will get everything she needs, owner phoned earlier with update and says she is so grateful to have been surrounded by 3 angels (she includes lady who called us out, Oh and me) and is so grateful that we took her to the lovliest vet in the world.
Funny enough the cat coming in tomorrow has also had leg amputation and is also black.
Winston is one happy boy tonight, he`s had turkey; when we went to buy it assistant said I know the best piece because its for a cat  :rofl:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4223 on: January 31, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Congrats on the new car Teresa, even though you may not get to drive it  :hug:

Poor Winston   :-: I'm glad to hear he wasn't left outside for too long  :evillaugh: It sounds to me like he's got you well and truly wrapped round his little paw Teresa  :shify:

Hope the RTA victim will be OK.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4222 on: January 31, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »

Ah sweetheart.  :hug: Well, maybe you can get to sit in it, with a cat carrier in the back, a turkey in the front seat alongside you, and remember the old days.    :hug: :hug:  (had to re-type that - I'd orginally triped "maybe you can sin in it....!"   A Freudian slip!)   :naughty:

Is good to hear Star and Sabrina are settliong down well and that you've had piccies. 

Dreadful to hear what you've been doing to poor, darling Winston though.  No doubt he'll be thoroughly traumatised.  :-:  Can't see him wanting to go out again, as you mention it.  Definitely not.  He'll assume the position by the fridge door, or maybe midway between cooker and fridge, to hedge his bets.   ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4221 on: January 31, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »
Wrote a huge update a puff disappeared.

Anastasia is now in the house being introduced to Tula and Olly,we are using a collapsible Pen as both Olly and Anastasia are dominant cats,am hoping all will be ok by Friday when their new 3 tiered beds arrive.
Poor poor Winston was moved outside and given Anastasias`s pen,NO he didnt like it, doesnt like other cats, misses his televison,missed his laptop, missed damaging the leather chairs (God help us if Rob notices) and worst of all he missed his TURKEY  :rofl: in fact poor boy refused all food for the 22 hours he was forced to slum it. He is safely back in the living room with turkey and mumt now, I will try and cope with the intrusion until a home is found  :rofl: talking of homes he needs to be an only pet and no children and may never want to go outdoors again.
Had some lovely pics of Star and Sabrina settling into their new home,really gave a much needed lift.
Sue new chariot is here,its beautiful got everything the cats could dream of   :rofl: but its tinged with sadness because I doubt I will ever drive again.
All cats are fine, got new boy coming in tomorrow, darent tell Rob,will have to try and settle him first and let Rob find him there,that way his heart will melt  :rofl:
Picked up an RTA Sunday night, she was knocked up in the air and has badly injured leg and face but is alive;we left her at vets Sunday night and were very thankful that we managed to find the owner.

Link to CatChat