Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790268 times)

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2060 on: October 30, 2010, 22:52:47 PM »
Oh my goodness - poor Lisa! That sounds like an awful ordeal that she's been through. The whole idea of childbirth terrifies me totally - I think I'll stick to my little black feline babies instead!

I was starting to believe that you had rustled a hen from next door for a moment there T  :rofl:  I bet the 'standard' kitten soup is just as delish for them though. But, yes, I can imagine the mess it makes  :tired:

Sending vibes to little Dinky  :hug:.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2059 on: October 30, 2010, 18:48:34 PM »
Phwoar :drool; to all Paws Inn cats, past and present - icing on the cake is little Norman  :Luv2:

:1st place: on grandson no 5 Teresa  :)

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2058 on: October 30, 2010, 18:42:21 PM »
Congratulations on the new arrival!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2057 on: October 30, 2010, 18:01:53 PM »

I have one quick Q though... "kitten soup"....?  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  :Crazy:

Well Sarah kitten soup involves a huge amount of work but as you know no effort is spared here at the Inn.
Firstly we take 1 brown hen(stolen from next door,plucked and O dear)
Gently poach in Royal Canin vital milk until tender,then put in blender with oodles of cream a little pumkin,and rice.
Serve in china dish with silk napkins. This is our speciality kitten soup for kittens rescued from Harrods.
Our normal kitten soup for average rescues is made by using Whiskas kitten supermeat, add some Royal Canin milk powder and hot boiled water to mush up to a sickly kitten soup which kittens love to bathe in  :rofl:

Sophies kittens much improved again today, Chelseas grey kitten Dinky is very poorly still and is not out of the woods yet.

New grandson doing well, he weighed 8lb 8ozs, poor Lisa being kept in hospital for blood transfusions as baby came out too quickly ,turned and caused massive blood loss. The good news is that he looks nothing like me.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2056 on: October 30, 2010, 17:02:45 PM »
strange how Paws Inn cats all become such beauties
I think you mean fatties in the case of my 3!  :rofl:

Congratulations on your latest addition. That's wonderful news. Love the name.

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2055 on: October 30, 2010, 14:36:53 PM »
Ahhhh, that's a lovely name. I remember now that Lisa was saying he'll be 'TJ' for short.

I have one quick Q though... "kitten soup"....?  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  :Crazy:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2054 on: October 30, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »
Awwwww, many congrats T  :hug: :Luv: :Luv2: ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2053 on: October 30, 2010, 09:53:44 AM »
Congratulations - your son and DIL share my taste in  music. :evillaugh:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2052 on: October 30, 2010, 07:34:47 AM »
Congratulations on Timothy James,   give my love to Lisa xxxx

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #2051 on: October 30, 2010, 00:27:20 AM »
Congratulations on your new Grandson!

Lovely photos :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2050 on: October 29, 2010, 22:06:10 PM »
Congratulations on your new grandson.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2049 on: October 29, 2010, 20:43:20 PM »
She's very elegant, even when feeding her babies.  A sort of "Audrey Hepburn" of the cat world.  :)
Yes "The nuns story springs to mind"  Milk she has almost NUN again  :rofl: Been checking babies tums and mums milk very regularly, this morning tummies were full, at teatime I discovered a kitten out of the bed chewing a food bowl, I made kitten soup and put the kittens to it, unbelievably all 5 began lapping like hungry wolves.They are only just 3 weeks!
Steff I consider that a great honour and wish you every success; do not be disappointed if you dont catch all of them tomorrow, these things take time, also cats are creatures of habit if you have been feeding at night thats the time they will turn up. Best of luck. By the way I have 5 grandsons now a long way to go to equal the cats.
Sarah glad Scotch has settled so well. Grandson is Timothy James, son and D.i.l great fans of pop group James.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2048 on: October 29, 2010, 20:17:23 PM »
Congratulations on the new Grandson T and glad the spays went well. 

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2047 on: October 29, 2010, 20:06:09 PM »
Super news Teresa  :wow:

Love the piccies.  Norman is indeed posing, and I have to say the photo of Lucy is adorable.  She's very elegant, even when feeding her babies.  A sort of "Audrey Hepburn" of the cat world.  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2046 on: October 29, 2010, 19:53:24 PM »
congrats on the new grandson T!

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2045 on: October 29, 2010, 19:52:39 PM »
Great news T!! I'm sure you've got nearly as many grandsons as innmates lol!!

Hopefully I will be having my first taste of rescue tomorrow (cats cooperation permitting)...may even name my shed "Little Paws Inn" in honour of you T because truly you have been my inspiration since the old Cat Chat forum days. I hope you don't mind :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2044 on: October 29, 2010, 19:51:03 PM »
 :1st place: on the new bambino T. He was going to be called James wasn't he? Hope mum, babs, dad, nan and grandad are all doing well :)

Glad to hear the two C's are ok after the spay.

Fab pictures - love love love the black milk bar. Lucy's such a wonderful girl isn't she?

Scotch has firmly got his paws under the table here and has integrated himself so quickly and sends his Aunty T a HUGE  :thankyou: for his rescue, love and care :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2043 on: October 29, 2010, 19:35:53 PM »
Chelsea and Cherry home and ok after their spay.

And the good news

I have a new little man in my life, he was born at 5.30 this afternoon.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2042 on: October 29, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »
Gorgeous pics of gorgeous cats and look how wonderful Akarmarus eye is, so strange how Paws Inn cats all become such beauties, was thinking I left  Baggins off the list hes another stunner as are Purdy and Sam and so many others.
Cherry and Chelsea are in for spay today and Chelseas 3 kittens have all been to vets with high temperature 104 plus, looks like bad reaction to Tuesdays vaccinations.
Sophies kittens are responding well to treatment but am still syringe feeding the 3 smallest until they get some meat on them.
Finally got the camera out to get long awaited pic of Annabels kittens and of course little Norman Wisdom proudly posed knowing Helen would be drooling over his picture.
Couldnt resist posting pics of Lucy proudly showing off her milk bar, I know Si is dying to know which of the kittens is Simon thats easy its the troublemaker  :rofl:
The muckspots are creating chaos, yesterday they were the lucky recipients of some wonderful toys from the Purrs shop ( a present from 2 lovely forum people) well my sweet innocent babies loved the toys so much they began growling and trashing their Pen and generally behaving like a load of drunkards, needless to say we recommend toys from the Purrs shop.
Vet just phoned and given permission for the digital photoframe to go in, so big thanks to Angie for sharing the idea.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2041 on: October 29, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »
Fab piccies and they are all sooooo gorgeous. Nice to see they have taken over all the comfy spots in the house as they should  :rofl:

Hope things are better at the Inn today T and that all poorly babes are improving  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2040 on: October 29, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »

Aaaawwww!!!   :wow:  Look at them!!   :evillaugh:  Clearly "Large and in Charge"  :rofl: :rofl:  Contented cats, all, and a wonderful sight to see - especially Akamaru having his cuddle quota.  :Luv:

Hope all is well this morning Teresa.  :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2039 on: October 28, 2010, 22:31:15 PM »
Just thinking of other ex paws Inn ones, Christopher, James, Tachi , Vader, Akarmaru and a good few others.

Well since you asked... sort of.

Tachi on my new throw (if definitely gets his approval)

Vader doing his "You know you want to get up and feed me now" face.

Akamaru nicking my chair because I dared to answer the phone (and it was a blooming sales call).

Maru getting some loves.

The trio testing out my chair cushions.

Vader camping out on the old throw.

Sleepy time (please ignore the fact that the room is a mess and I haven't made the bed).

Time for Akamaru's close up.

Right, that's your lot until I take some more.  :Luv:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2038 on: October 28, 2010, 18:32:12 PM »
Sorry to hear all is not well at the Inn - hope Sophie's and Chelsea's babies improve soon and Lucy has just been over-eating or something straightforward like that. Good luck for the speys tomorrow.
Poor Ollie - I think he has a yen to travel  ;) or maybe the competition from having the muckspots in the house is getting to him.  I hope he settles down soon and starts behaving himself again.  :hug:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2037 on: October 28, 2010, 16:43:31 PM »
Poor Olly and poor son too! You were telling me on Monday how Olly seems to be yearning for a bit of outdoors again.

Hope Lucy and Sophie's four make a swift recovery.

DaisyMac - smashing pic there. I think we all knew it was inevitable that Ripley and Kenny would be firm friends :)

The four blacks send you  :hug: T.

x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2036 on: October 28, 2010, 14:43:16 PM »
Another busy day, Chelseas kittens are still suffering after effects of vaccination. Hannah has been spayed and is fine. Lucy decided to throw up all over her Pen so keeping very close eye on her incase she needs the vet. 4 of Sophies kittens are being syringe fed by me which is very difficult to do in summerhouse but I dont want to take them away from mumcat. Captain Plugwash and Colonel Leaky have gone to their new home this morning and the icing on the cake Rob accidentally let Olly out this morning and he (Olly) decided that outside is a wonderful place to be, (hes obviously forgotten about his days as a stray when he was hit on the road) so I wasted a heck of a lot of time trying to catch him, after about 3 hours youngest son caught him and he decided to lacerate youngest son because the dog was around and he didnt want carrying in.So all in all another lazy day with nothing to do.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2035 on: October 28, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »
 :wow: :wow:  oooo look - we gotta Ripley fix!  ;D  Cheers Claire!  :hug:   Aw, they both look so snuggley there.  :Luv: 

Tis a very pretty quilt cover Julie.   :)  The velcro cat was a particularly original innovation.  ;) :evillaugh:

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #2034 on: October 27, 2010, 22:48:32 PM »
Sgt U Bend looks like an Archibald Fluffbucket to me. Archibald was traditionally used for brave bold people.

Offline JulieCats

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: TED, BILL, TWINKLE and HARVEY
« Reply #2033 on: October 27, 2010, 22:44:18 PM »
Helen

No I haven't found the right name yet still working on it.

The patterned cover in the picture is a quilt cover, before I fell in love with Twinkle I bought a new leather suite so we had to cover it up once she arrived (well after she had put a couple of scratches on it), so we bought a few quilts and the covers are from B&M's they are black with the coloured pattern at the top it is very pretty.

Julie

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2032 on: October 27, 2010, 21:17:04 PM »
Kenny is huge and Ripley wow

Just thinking of other ex paws Inn ones, Christopher, James, Tachi , Vader, Akarmaru and a good few others.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2031 on: October 27, 2010, 20:38:20 PM »
Not a new pic as I cant find my camera lead,  but a cute pic of my two Paws Inn boys
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 20:40:58 PM by Daisymac »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2030 on: October 27, 2010, 20:25:01 PM »
Perhaps it's just as well I didn't apply to adopt littleSgt U-bend - I wouldn't have been able to leave the house, he's just toooooo cute  :Luv2: Has he got a new name yet?

Also, do you mind me asking what the black patterened thing in the background of the third pic is? It's really pretty!  :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2029 on: October 27, 2010, 19:19:52 PM »
I am loving seeing so many ex Paws Inn cats looking so wonderfully happy in their new homes. Keep the pics coming ladies.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2028 on: October 27, 2010, 19:15:09 PM »
what a babe!!

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2027 on: October 27, 2010, 19:08:39 PM »
Phwoar Julie - what a stunner he is. A gorgeous little puff-ball aint he! So glad to hear he's settling in ok and that his eating habits are nothing to worry about. Twinkle is such a little bag of tricks bless her.

My two female cats were a little hissy at first with Scotch but it's only to be expected. It occurred to me that they might have felt extra threatened at first  as sue to him being longhaired his tail is always puffed out which the existing cats could have taken as a sign of aggression. The hissing has pretty much stopped now and the girls are happily lounginng round right next to Scotch and rolling round showing him their bellies which I think is a good sign.

Shirley - telling them apart is easy peasy - especially the two sisters - Scamp's whiskers come out at  a 90% angle from her snout and Scrumpberry's approx 93%  :rofl:  :rofl: who needs Specsavers with obvious differences like that aye?!?!?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2026 on: October 27, 2010, 18:41:21 PM »

Aw Julie - he's gorgeous!!!!   He looks so adorable.  Poor Twinkle, bless her  ;) :evillaugh:

Offline JulieCats

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: TED, BILL, TWINKLE and HARVEY
Re: Paws Inn Updates - Sargent Ubend
« Reply #2025 on: October 27, 2010, 18:01:21 PM »
Hi

Sargent Ubend is home and getting on well with Ted and Bill, Twinkle was growling at him but she is just jumping on him now, which if you have ever seen Twinkle jump is funny, she usually jumps high in the air and by the time she comes down the other cat has already moved on, she does it with them all so looks like she is excepting him.  He was at the vets today as he hasn't eaten wet food since he arrived but she says he is fine and gave him a vitamin shot, which he didn't like one bit.  I have put on a few pictures of him settling in will try and get some of him and the others together but don't hold your breath, everytime I get the camera out one of them takes off.

Hope everything goes to plan with the speys Teresa and fingers crossed you get your grandchild soon.  See you on Saturday.

Julie

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2024 on: October 27, 2010, 16:16:59 PM »
Great photo talk about being right at home  :Luv:
love
Tab

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2023 on: October 27, 2010, 15:50:45 PM »
 :shify:  Aunty T - iz me, Paddy.  Wud I liek Lemmun caek? I lieks allsortsa diffrunt stuff dese days.  Izzit liek fisssh?  :shify:

Paddy x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2022 on: October 27, 2010, 15:44:47 PM »
Four GORGEOUS black beauties, Lil_Scruff-how do you tell them apart?  :rofl: Lovely photos!  :Luv2:

Teresa what an fantastic job you've done with Bonny and her babies, incredibly hard work for you, but you did it!   :hug: :hug: Great news about all the others too, i don't know how you find the time to sleep and bake!  :rofl: You are an amazing lady! :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2021 on: October 27, 2010, 13:36:42 PM »
Hi  Bungly & T

Thanks for previously discussing any things that have upset you both by pm and not bringing it on the forum, however it is starting to appear on public view which do cause upset to others. If you have any or anyone has any pm's that they do not like, peas could you forward them to me and i will try and help.   :thanks:

If there is anything anyone has been or is upset with, peas get in touch with me.  :thanks:

Link to CatChat