Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790218 times)

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #1820 on: October 10, 2010, 15:21:30 PM »
Loving all these pictures T (especially now that I'm back on broadband and can see them all properly).  The change in Bonny is amazing - she looks so healthy and contented.   :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #1819 on: October 10, 2010, 15:10:56 PM »
Heres Annabel with her new babies. On the day Annabel gave birth we heard the very sad news that Norman Wisdom had died, well only right that annabels only boy should be called Norman Wisdom  :rofl:

Last pic of Bonny filling out nicely.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1818 on: October 10, 2010, 15:00:06 PM »
I'll have the little tabby and white long=-hair please!!!! :naughty:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #1817 on: October 10, 2010, 14:59:33 PM »
Suuuuuuuuuuuuper cuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1816 on: October 10, 2010, 14:58:31 PM »
Heres Cherry and her 3 little sinkers  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1815 on: October 10, 2010, 14:56:13 PM »
Just realised Julie hasnt taken pic of mum Sophie.

Melody, Grace, Marmite and Minxy have been moved to smaller Pens.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1814 on: October 10, 2010, 14:52:06 PM »
The other lucky recipients of the luxury kitten pen in the summerhouse was Sophies and her 7 kittens, some of which are looking longhaired. I am ashamed to say I still havent named these yet.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #1813 on: October 10, 2010, 14:20:45 PM »
Little beauties!  :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1812 on: October 10, 2010, 14:17:27 PM »
Chelsea`s kittens.
Julie is busy outside with camera as I type so hopefully she will manage some of all the others including newborns.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1811 on: October 10, 2010, 14:07:43 PM »
We are all fit to drop, major reshuffle taken place with some very lucky mums and babies given the luxury pens and some less fortunate evicted to smaller ones.
Muckspots are all eating again this morning but I have a feeling that Kentucky will be next to strike, they are running me ragged thats for sure.
Chelsea(almost feral on arrival) has been moved to the summerhouse with her 3 kittens Dainty, Dodger and Dinky the grey pretender, they love it out there. Dodger has weepy eyes so keeping close watch and meds administered, Chelsea has always had trouble with snorting etc since she arrived here.
Some pics of Chelsea and kittens enjoying new Pen

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1810 on: October 10, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »
Congratulations on your first no smoking anniversary!  :hug: So proud of you!

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1809 on: October 10, 2010, 07:18:04 AM »
Crikey, it's a busy thread this is  :evillaugh:

Glad to hear things going well  but sooo hectic, look after yourself too T and well done no ciggies for a year  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1808 on: October 09, 2010, 22:18:45 PM »
Been a very busy day today and tomorrow is going to be busier as we need to have a major reshuffle, kittens growing at an alarming rate and needing bigger pens, whats new.

Poor little muckspots went to vet this morning, poor Julie was given directions and slip of paper along with the 6 of them and asked to take them for me as Rob had gone to cash/carry and I was stuck here waiting for Faith and Charity`s new parents. We are instructed to save several days poop, doesnt matter from which kitten just mix it all up and then send to lab as poop cocktail see if we can find any evidence of toxoplasmosis as kittens too small for bloods, it is starting to look as though it may be the Lu/Riley virus (sorry Helen  :hug: do hope yours are improving).
Faith and Charity have gone to their new home and I was told they have been renamed as Puddle and Splash, so dont think my names were appreciated  :rofl:

Today is a day that I put down to celebrate, a day when I have achieved something for ME not cats but ME and I promised myself a treat, well I`m too tired to celebrate  but will share my wonderful news
Today is 1 full year of being a Non Smoker, I feel so proud, I can hardly believe that I finally found the will power.

Well done T, I have done 14 months as a non smoker after being a heavy one! Great feeling isn't it!!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #1807 on: October 09, 2010, 20:00:37 PM »
well done T - and I'm sure your lungs will be celebrating too

Splash and Puddle - talk about tempting fate :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1806 on: October 09, 2010, 18:39:54 PM »
well done Teresa in what you've achieved [in being a non smoker and the kittens!].     Personally I much prefer Faith and Charity
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1805 on: October 09, 2010, 18:36:12 PM »
Been a very busy day today and tomorrow is going to be busier as we need to have a major reshuffle, kittens growing at an alarming rate and needing bigger pens, whats new.

Poor little muckspots went to vet this morning, poor Julie was given directions and slip of paper along with the 6 of them and asked to take them for me as Rob had gone to cash/carry and I was stuck here waiting for Faith and Charity`s new parents. We are instructed to save several days poop, doesnt matter from which kitten just mix it all up and then send to lab as poop cocktail see if we can find any evidence of toxoplasmosis as kittens too small for bloods, it is starting to look as though it may be the Lu/Riley virus (sorry Helen  :hug: do hope yours are improving).
Faith and Charity have gone to their new home and I was told they have been renamed as Puddle and Splash, so dont think my names were appreciated  :rofl:

Today is a day that I put down to celebrate, a day when I have achieved something for ME not cats but ME and I promised myself a treat, well I`m too tired to celebrate  but will share my wonderful news
Today is 1 full year of being a Non Smoker, I feel so proud, I can hardly believe that I finally found the will power.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #1804 on: October 09, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
Wow...Congratulations Annabel!!!

And...Congratulations Aunty T!!! You must be an aunty to sooooooooo many furbabies now.

Glad everyone is doing well, those naughty muck spots trying to trick you.

Oooo I nearly forgot...also great news on the new homes! I know its only the tip of the iceburg but its a start at least and hopefully the sign of things to come :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1803 on: October 08, 2010, 21:05:31 PM »
I hope that rabbit was neutered before being sent out to become a feral.   :evillaugh:

Just to save you all an added worry I was spayed on 21st January 1977 the day after my youngest was born  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: no ear nick needed on my release  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1802 on: October 08, 2010, 20:51:17 PM »
I dread to think about what happens next in all honesty it is just too horrible thinking about it.  :'(

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #1801 on: October 08, 2010, 20:50:55 PM »
I hope that rabbit was neutered before being sent out to become a feral.   :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1800 on: October 08, 2010, 20:50:00 PM »

You might be a bit "patched up" Teresa, but you've earned your "special" status.   :hug: :hug: ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1799 on: October 08, 2010, 20:41:42 PM »
Ya know i don't think i have known a time since Purrs started that all the rescues are all at bursting point  as they are now with so many kittens and cats in to care for and huge vet bills :( :(

My love goes out to you all. The world would be such an awful place without you.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

We are all so full because of a number of things,but  the problem will continue to get worse as a result of our own success; modern medicine/technology provides the tools and you wonderful people provide the support. More lives saved and a few extra hearts broken too.
Thank you everybody for All you do  :hug: :hug:

Now Aunty Suepoo about that rabbit, loose in the joints and very shabby, sounds just like me  :rofl: :rofl: its not the age thing that concerns me its the wearing out bit, I feel like a patched up model already  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1798 on: October 08, 2010, 20:12:03 PM »

Teresa - you are not "old".  Ever read the story of the Velveteen Rabbit?

There's a beautiful piece in the story where the velveteen rabbit talks to the skin horse about becoming "real":

"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

"I suppose you are real?" said the Rabbit. And then he wished he had not said it, for he thought the Skin Horse might be sensitive. But the Skin Horse only smiled.

"The Velveteen Rabbit's companionship with the boy lasts until the boy falls ill with scarlet fever. The boy becomes too ill to play for a very long time; upon his recovery, he is sent to the seaside on doctor's orders. The doctor orders all the toys the boy has played with, including the Rabbit, be burned in order to disinfect the nursery. The boy is given a new plush rabbit and is so excited about the trip to the seaside that he forgets his old Velveteen Rabbit. While awaiting the bonfire, in which the Velveteen Rabbit will be burned, the Rabbit cries a real tear. This tear brings forth the Nursery Magic Fairy. She tells the Rabbit that he was only real to the boy, and then brings him to the woods and kisses him, making him real to everybody. He soon discovers that he is a real rabbit at last and runs to join the other rabbits in the wild."

Teresa - don't you ever forget how "real" you are to us.  Yes?   :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1797 on: October 08, 2010, 19:18:22 PM »
Ya know i don't think i have known a time since Purrs started that all the rescues are all at bursting point  as they are now with so many kittens and cats in to care for and huge vet bills :( :(

I so worry about each of you and i so wish i had the money to help you, all of you. It really does upset me that the less unfortunate with money are the caring giving ones and the ones with the money the rich in this world are finding it hard to make the decision at which £5000 dress/suit to buy.  Me .. I would wear a rag to give the rescues the £5000!

My love goes out to you all. The world would be such an awful place without you.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1796 on: October 08, 2010, 19:03:05 PM »
50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blimey!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1795 on: October 08, 2010, 18:28:36 PM »

Sorry you're feeling poorly Teresa, please do try and take care of yourself - don't want to see you back in hospital  :hug:

Stop worrying  I am looking after me, just working hard trying to find every possible home I can; only people with giant shoplifting pockets allowed here :rofl:
Even when the 7 reserved ones have gone we will still have another 50 here and its worrying me sick.I am becoming older on a daily basis now  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1794 on: October 08, 2010, 17:13:46 PM »
:1st place: little Sgt U-bend  ;D Will he be keeping his name?  :evillaugh:

Sorry you're feeling poorly Teresa, please do try and take care of yourself - don't want to see you back in hospital  :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #1793 on: October 08, 2010, 15:47:14 PM »
Well done Sergeant Ubend  ;D you just can't beat those ginger and white babes  :Luv2:

Good news about the other homes too. Sorry you aren't too well today T, please take care and sending lots of   :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and all the residents x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1792 on: October 08, 2010, 14:36:01 PM »

Ah, so Sergeant Ubend has a home - another little ginger and white baby that was a heartbreaker in the good looks stakes  ;)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1791 on: October 08, 2010, 14:31:51 PM »
Oops! Messed that up!   :evillaugh:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1790 on: October 08, 2010, 14:27:22 PM »

Noooooo  :scared: not the midlands - no homes here - just cats - refused 4 more kittens today.
[/quote]

Oh no, Angie, poor babies  :'(   What happens to them when rescues can't take them?   :scared: Surley the Government should step in and do something, though what i don't know-even free neutering vouchers obviously doesn't work with some people!   >:(  Maybe give money to the independant rescues but if you've physically got no room, you can't take any more cats!  Aaaaaargh!!!!!  Would help with vets bills tho and you wouldn't have to go out fundraising all the time and be worn out!  :tired:    :hug: :hug:
More great news on the rehoming front!   :wow:  Sorry you feel so poorly T, wish you'd got more helpers-can't you relocate Paws Inn to the Midlands?  ;    :hug: :hug: and try to have a little time to yourself-easier said that done ,i know with all those inmates!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Noooooo  :scared: not the midlands - no homes here - just cats - refused 4 more kittens today.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 14:29:49 PM by Shirley »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1789 on: October 08, 2010, 14:12:21 PM »
More great news on the rehoming front!   :wow:  Sorry you feel so poorly T, wish you'd got more helpers-can't you relocate Paws Inn to the Midlands?  ;    :hug: :hug: and try to have a little time to yourself-easier said that done ,i know with all those inmates!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1788 on: October 08, 2010, 14:03:22 PM »

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #1787 on: October 08, 2010, 13:22:10 PM »
What wonderful news!! So pleased and looking forward to updates.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well today T. Sending you some  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1786 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:31 PM »
Teresa , I shall come up there and slap you if you don't slow down and look after yourself!!!!!

Fasntastic about Sergeant U-bend tho (I do hope they keep the name! :evillaugh:)

Can't wait for some Twinkle updates and phtos , that little lady completely stole my heart! :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1785 on: October 08, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »
I feel so ill but got to share some more good news.

Tan you are just too slow at the old catnappin  because Sergeant U Bend has been reserved  :yayyy: by someone else, he isnt old enough yet but as soon as he is he will be going to live with 3 ex Paws Inn cats
Bill and Ted
and Twinkle.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #1784 on: October 08, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
Do ya reckon you will change their names and if so what have ya been thinking of.  :)

Thanks for the welcome Tan.

I think as they are now "grown-ups" I'll keep their "proper" names as they are and keep trying variations to see what they respond to.  Chris and Jimmy would certainly will be easier to call them with. 

However if they are norty boyz (surely not!) they'll be Christopher and James!  ;D

:)

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #1783 on: October 08, 2010, 11:52:01 AM »
Frances and I did spend a long time talking yesterday

:-[ We did cover Life, the Universe and Everything and time just flew by!

:)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1782 on: October 08, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »
Where's that magic wand that cures all ills! I so wish i could find it for you hun.  :Luv:  Till then send you loads of hugs an thoughts of you and all at the Inn.

Little muckspots sound so cheeky  ;D Just the way they should be to keep Auntie T on her toes.  :)

Get some rest hun  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1781 on: October 08, 2010, 10:33:56 AM »

Hey missus.  You  need this:   :cuddle:

Link to CatChat