Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790267 times)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #1500 on: September 14, 2010, 18:35:46 PM »
Love the idea of the Dirty Half Dozen in your kitchen  :rofl:

How exciting seeing the kittens on a scan,     did you count them ?

Hope Hannibal is eating you out of house and home.

Kenny and JOR are best of friends and are currently running round and round the house chasing each other,  I fear for my ornaments  :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1499 on: September 14, 2010, 17:29:36 PM »
Been an exciting morning as we watched Annabel having a scan and caught our first glimpse of her kittens, shame it was in black and white  :rofl:
:rofl:

Sending over all my very best and love for Hannibal.  :Luv: :Luv: So hope lots of nom noms happens very soon.  :hug:

Glad all the other babes are doing great hun  ;D  Now you just need lots of wondeful families for them  :wish:
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1498 on: September 14, 2010, 16:34:58 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #1497 on: September 14, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
Been an exciting morning as we watched Annabel having a scan and caught our first glimpse of her kittens, shame it was in black and white  :rofl:
Hannibal has had further meds as still not wanting to eat, if no improvement tomorrow xray. Was offered zantac but refused it in favour of antesepsin, little terror has just nibbled a little so will see what happens.
All other inmates well and 6 tinies all sporting mucky faces as normal  :rofl:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1496 on: September 14, 2010, 06:51:13 AM »

Teresa, you're certainly full to bursting there, but very glad to hear that Tom is well, and that his Mum is being kept a good eye on (by you, if no-one else!)  ;)  :hug: :hug: 

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #1495 on: September 13, 2010, 23:03:23 PM »
Congrats on the birth of your grandson Teresa  ;D

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #1494 on: September 13, 2010, 18:09:41 PM »
Glad all is well with new grandson T as well as at the Inn. Sooooo many babies everywhere...I love Bumty...actually I love all of them but particularly Bumty :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1493 on: September 13, 2010, 14:29:13 PM »
I just clicked on the rehoming link and can't believe how many there are in all :Crazy:  Are you getting many enquiries for rehoming? If not I wonder whether an appeal in the local newspaper might be an idea?  :hug:
Helen there are quite a few not picured like Annabel (pregnant) and the permanent residents ie ones with health issues or feral.
Rehoming is not existant at the minute,I gave up on newspaper appeals years ago, they never bring in offers of help, just more offers of unwanted animals.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1492 on: September 13, 2010, 13:28:01 PM »
I just clicked on the rehoming link and can't believe how many there are in all :Crazy:  Are you getting many enquiries for rehoming? If not I wonder whether an appeal in the local newspaper might be an idea?  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #1491 on: September 13, 2010, 11:29:24 AM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: wonderful pics hun Thank you so much for posting them  ;D

So glad the Paws Inn maternity unit is doing well  ;D ;D
I hope Hannibal lecty is ok. Hmmm i wonder whatit's like to lick a slug!  :shify:  :sick:

Now when can i come come with me big coat and catknap em all  :sneaky:  ;D I esp have a huge yearning for sergeant Ubend  :wow: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: what a stunning little fella  ;D (ok i admit i am a ginge cat mad freak! :-: )

Paws Site looks fab but each time i look, i just want to come and get them all!  ;D  :Luv: :Luv:

Re S Ubend..... He say.... Auntie T i just wait here for me next din ok!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:30:54 AM by Tan »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1490 on: September 13, 2010, 09:35:11 AM »
All at the Inn happy and well. :)

What a wonderful thing to read first thing. :)  :hug: And Sue's right, you do such an amazing job; you and your team.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1489 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:19 AM »
Hannibal Lektacat is still off colour this morning, though for a cat who escaped his Pen, found a bag of catnip toys and stole 3 before dancing all over Robs leather chair, its not suprising that he is tired now, he has eaten a small breakfast and is currently zonked out.
Annabel is still dancing like a ballerina so no new babies.
Bonnys babies have completed their 3 days of wormer without any mishaps and are all eating well, just need to find time to chisel the muck from their faces  :rofl: Bonny herself looking much better.
Forgot to mention that I found half an hour to meet my new Grandson Tom yesterday, at 7lbs 13 ounces he is tiny.
Anyway all is well with him and Margaret apart from the fact she has to inject herself each day due to high risk of thrombosis .
All at the Inn happy and well. :)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1488 on: September 13, 2010, 07:27:35 AM »
LOVE Captain Plugwash!   :Luv2: :Luv2: Fab picas, as always T. Hope Hannibal is ok-i get confused with all these names-is he one of the ferals?  :doh: 

Heartbreaking to think where all these furries would be without you and people like you! Amazing people!   :hug: :hug:

Er, just looked at website pics-seems Hannibal is NOT a feral!   :-[
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:36:13 AM by Shirley »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1487 on: September 13, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »

Teresa - if I had medal of pure gold to give, you would receive it.  Those piccies are fab.   So many babies......  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1486 on: September 13, 2010, 00:58:41 AM »
You must be exhausted Teresa! Sincerely hope that kitten season is coming to and end  :hug: Hope Hannibal is feeling better by the time you read this  :)

:1st place: Carolyn on the birth of your son  :) Hope his feeding issues are a thing of the past  :hug:

Gorgeous, lots of respect for you all and all that you do. They are all lovely, but Captain Plugwash and Dinky. :Luv2:

Nicky x

Uncanny - those were the little ones that caught my eye too out of all that gorgeousness!  :Luv:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #1485 on: September 12, 2010, 20:33:01 PM »
Gorgeous, lots of respect for you all and all that you do. They are all lovely, but Captain Plugwash and Dinky. :Luv2:

Nicky x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1484 on: September 12, 2010, 19:28:57 PM »
and a couple more

Have put one of Bonnys babies next to Sophies babies for

http://www.pawsinncats.com/rehome.php   for anyone who wants to see even more
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 19:30:58 PM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1483 on: September 12, 2010, 19:24:12 PM »
some more

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1482 on: September 12, 2010, 19:21:52 PM »
Great news Carolyn, hope Momo and Cassidy are enjoying having Logan around  :hug:

Thankyou so much for the T shirt help Sarah we sure are going to be needing every penny with so many in, worked out today we are using 5 boxes of sachets daily as well as a mountain of Royal Canin, not going to mention the mountain of litter we are using  :sick:

Something awful seems to crop up most days, we have had to have a vet call out to Hannibal Lektacat  this afternoon, vet thinks he has licked a slug clean  :sick: so 3 injections and bill of £100 should hopefully put him right, if not back to vet in morning.
Annabel has still not given birth to her kittens, infact she is so happy she is prancing round like a ballerina , her kittens have dropped so low now its hard to tell she is pregnant from the sides.
Sophie is settling well with her 7 newborn kittens but what a shock we have had, noticed she looks rather like Bonny and then when we had a good look at her kitttens they are the image of Bonnys kittens only real difference is Bonny only has 6 and Sophie 7. Bonnys are also 5 weeks old now and being handreared due to Bonnys health.
Cherry kittens have really blossomed very quickly they are now touching 3 weeks and bigger and chunkier than Bonnys 5 week olds that I am handrearing, I hang my head in shame.
Chelsea almost wild girl is so lovable at times it just beggars belief, her babies are now almost 6 weeks I think, born 1st Aug and no matter how many dishes of food we put in Chelsea eats its and is determined to feed her kittens longer.
Bonny is finally starting to put a little weight on so hopefully this medication will sort her out.
Grace and her 4 kittens become more beautiful everyday and Melody and her remaining 2 kittens seem radiant now.
All the Ninjas, James, Christopher and adult cats and ferals seem fine thankfully.
Took pictures of some hope you enjoy, there are also lots of  new pics on our website which ClaireR updated yesterday.

Pic of Sophie and babies the bedding has been turned upside down by Sophie on first 3 pics but as you can see new piece put down on pic 4.

Offline Carolyn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #1481 on: September 12, 2010, 00:10:13 AM »
Congratualtions on the birth of your grandson Tom, Teresa :) Sorry I've not posted for a while, I've been in hospital for a while myself and my little boy Logan is now here :) He was born on 25th August but we had to spend some time in there (11 days in total) as he was having feeding issues.  We are back home now though and getting used to being a family.

How you put up with being in hospital for such long periods of time I have no idea, I was going stir crazy after a few days! It's good to get back home and catch up on what has been going on at Paws Inn :)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1480 on: September 11, 2010, 23:18:02 PM »
Hope Bonny and her babies will be ok, and, of course YOU!     :hug:  Wonderful you managed to squeeze everybody in!  :Crazy:  Assume pregnant mum hasn't given birth yet?? 

Thanks Sarah and Ann-probably won't see much of the baby anyway-never see the father!   :rofl:  Me knit?????    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1479 on: September 11, 2010, 21:26:49 PM »
Hi all,

As some of you are aware, at the Paws Inn summer social there were 'I love Paws Inn' t-shirts available to buy (with the proceeds going to Paws) and I'm delighted to say that the shirts are now for sale online for those who are interested in buying one.

On the advice of Tan, I've created a specific thread about them here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34234.msg608353.html

Or for those who want to be taken straight there then a link to the site to buy is here: www.muckypawstore.com/pawsinn

If you have any Q's then feel free to PM me,

Sarah

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1478 on: September 11, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »
 :wow: Congratulations on grandson Teresa  xx

Hope that poor Bonny is better soon  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #1477 on: September 11, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »
Congrats on new Grandson Tom hun  ;D

Sorry to hear Bonny has Toxoplasmosis  :( She's in the right place to make her well again excellent call on your instinct thinking something wasn't right with her.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Keep an eye on you too hun.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

how's the maternity wing doing?
 :Luv:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 15:10:22 PM by Tan, Reason: spelling ... again! lol »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1476 on: September 10, 2010, 23:05:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about Bonny  :( Hope the meds can sort her and the babies out with no loasting damage and also that you definitely don't catch anything  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1475 on: September 10, 2010, 21:04:15 PM »
T  - please take good care of yourself.  At least it's good the vet has been able to establish what's wrong, which is a good thing, and she can be treated, which is the next good thing.  :hug:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1474 on: September 10, 2010, 19:29:20 PM »
Oh T! Glad you're feeling slightly more positive this evening. Big  :hug: :hug: to you and Bonny.

x

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1473 on: September 10, 2010, 19:16:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about bonny :hug: hope all is ok with baby grandson x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1472 on: September 10, 2010, 19:10:59 PM »
Rob has collected medication from vet and I also requested that babies are treated too, so I have just given 6 little ones their first horrible dose and thats on top of panacur wormer and a bath earlier, Do they hate me yet? I think Chuckyegg might as hes just had his face scrubbed with baby wipes and been told not to be such a pig at mealtimes.
Rob has volunteered to give Bonny hers, will he succeed I wonder  :rofl:
I was so upset earlier but putting things in perspective we are really lucky that we isolate everything otherwise things could have been horrendous. Just got to be careful I dont catch it now as I dont need any extras to take to hospital  :rofl:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1471 on: September 10, 2010, 18:16:14 PM »
Congratualtions on your new Grandson - and very sorry about Bonny xxxxx :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #1470 on: September 10, 2010, 13:50:49 PM »
So sorry to hear about Bonny,  I will give you a call tomorrow and make you laugh, I promise  :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #1469 on: September 10, 2010, 13:33:44 PM »
Congrats on your Grandson sweetie  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Not such good news about the toxo, I'll admit to not knowing a thing about that, but if its harmful to you, then most definitely take all precautions necessary  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1468 on: September 10, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
It never rains but it pours, just had Bonnys blood test for Toxoplasmosis back and she is positive, vet says she will need 3 weeks of treatment and then further blood tests to check she is clear. Her kittens are too small for blood tests so not sure whats going to happen about them yet.
I dont know if its because I am overtired but this has really upset me, 3 wretch consultations because vet couldnt find anything wrong and now all this worry just when I thought she was getting better, this is scary, its not only contagious to cats (though we isolate so no problem) the big worry is it is very dangerous to me and my wretched lungs.
Someone please give me something to laugh about.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1467 on: September 10, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
:1st place: Teresa on grandson number 4  :)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #1466 on: September 10, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Congrats on the new grandson T, I'm sure the cats will be less trouble than 4 children (I don't know though  :rofl:)

Congrats to you too Shirley, I became a great auntie 2 years ago when I was only 47 so definitely too young  :rofl: it's great fun though and you will love it  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1465 on: September 10, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »
just think of the fun you will have babysitting FOUR grandchildren.  ;D

No please No, show a little mercy, gosh just thought of the cost of a trip to toysrus, and I have another grandson due next month; anyone recommend a good one way ticket to somewhere  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1464 on: September 10, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »
Congratulations on young Tom - just think of the fun you will have babysitting FOUR grandchildren.  ;D

Glad the square peg in a round hole worked and hope you keep your phone disconnected for a while.  :hug:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #1463 on: September 10, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
Congrats T on the new human arrival...hope the latest batch of kittens arrival safe and soundly soon too.

And congrats to you too Shirley - May will be here before you know it though! So get knitting those booties now  ;)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1462 on: September 10, 2010, 09:19:02 AM »
Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson!!   ;D  (Found out last night i'm going to be a great aunt-too young for that,lol, even tho i'm 57  today!  Not due until May so a bit early to be getting excited!   :rofl: )

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #1461 on: September 10, 2010, 09:14:17 AM »
Congratulations to you and your family on the new arrival

I hope the kittens behave for you today
love
tab

Link to CatChat