Author Topic: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me  (Read 48905 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Grey semi feral missing from Lodge Park, Redditch now!
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2009, 21:46:53 PM »
Thinking of you and GB Shirley!  :Luv2: :hug:

Hope the poster's managed to get themselves done!  ;) :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2009, 18:59:22 PM »
LOL never thought about the boss!!!     :evil larf 2:

My son was only here 2 weeks ago! he came for some football match, and the same next time! He stays at his Dad's so i only see him for a few hours-mind you, his dad doesn't see him much more cos he's out with his mates most of the time!        ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2009, 16:17:39 PM »
Hopefully just a rare occurrence then!  :hug: :hug:

Bet you are looking forward to your son being home then!  :)

I cant believe you missed the opportunity not to have a quiet word with the boss about the poster's!  :innocent: :rofl: :hug:

You can put the poster's up then the flier's later, Im sure he will be a popular cat being looked out for by many!  ;) :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2009, 16:11:32 PM »
That's the problem, being so close to the pool (lovely scenery, tho') but i've lived in this street for 8 years and had Chuch for 6 and it's the first time it's happened. I keep telling him to keep away from the water now!

I asked my son, Dean, about the fliers and he said ok-i didn't think he had a printer, but he bought one last year! He's coming home on the 7th November. I've also got a girl at my old work doing some laminated posters for me-hopefully she can do it without getting caught!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2009, 13:54:24 PM »
Yay! Glad Chuchy is feeling much better now....Scary though cos it could happen anytime with that awful pool being so close!  :scared: :hug:

Im sure your lovely son will sort you out Shirl with fliers, is he due to see you soon?  :hug: Another flier drop cant do any harm!  ;)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2009, 06:59:26 AM »
Chuchy's back to normal now thanks, which is amazing considering how poorly he was 2 days ago! He didn't like the temp check last night, whereas on Sun he didn't care WHAT was done to him! He also had 2 injectons and DEFINATELY didn't like the 2nd one-he went mad, trying to bite, hissing ,growling and rolling on his back! The vet (a locum) said she could almost say for sure it WAS a rat bite as he went so poorly so quickly! He got me up at 3.45 this morning to go out, so yes, he's better...........................................!

Hope you're right about GB. I feel i want to do one last flyer drop, but can't afford to get them done! Just had a thought tho, maybe my Dean can do some? I'll have a word!    :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2009, 00:48:24 AM »
Definitely!  :sick:

Hope your money comes back quickly from the insurance comp! Your son is such a star for doing that for him mum!  :Luv2: :hug:

Is Chuchy feeling better then now do you think?  :hug:

Do you know GB is the kind of lad to pop up from no where when you least expect it....Its really hard for you and I do feel it such a pain that Redditch is so far away for you....Wishing you a sighting and a windfall!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2009, 05:53:24 AM »
I live opposite a fishing pool, with rats   :yuk:   and that's where he came from on Sat night so vet is as sure as he can be-he was convinced it wasn't another cat as there weren't the 2 puncture wounds of a cat's fangs!
Have to take him to my vets tonight for more meds-MORE money i don't have!! He is insured but i had to borrow the money yesterday-£116!!!!! -and there's a £50 excess! My son is transferring some money to me today for his 'furry brother' as he calls him and said i needn't pay him back, bless him!   

Still no news on GB    :(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2009, 00:36:54 AM »
Well he has had his jabs so that should take the edge off things for him! Hope he feels better tomorrow!  :Luv2: :hug:

Wonder what could of bitten him!  :shify:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2009, 09:09:03 AM »
I'll try! Had to take my own cat (Chuchy) to emergency vets this morning-vet thinks he's been bitten by a rat-eeeurgh!!!!-or some kind of wild animal, so i'm not feeling the best at the mo! x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2009, 22:29:00 PM »
Maybe he is just getting fed somewhere else!  ;) "Chin up"  :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2009, 17:18:45 PM »
I rang the lady who was willing to feed him today, but she hasn't seen him since she phoned me on Monday.     :(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »
 :rofl:

Your okay Shirley, cos Im a  :doh: brain too!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2009, 09:29:28 AM »
LOL Bazmum-ME print fliers??? I've only just learned how to use a computer!!! I'll have a chat with my son-why didn't i think of that before?-he lives in London but was home last weekend!!!  :stupid:  xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2009, 13:16:51 PM »
Didn't know the library printed fliers-will look into that! xx

Well you can go there and have a play on the pc's for an hour, in that time you could make your flier's and print them off!  :wow: ;)

Please to hear the council dept have no news for you!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
Hi Bazsmum,

Finally got the call from the Council this morning (only been waiting since 25th Sept!) They haven't picked up a grey cat, so that's something!

I told the new lady he answers to a whistle, but heard nothing from her (or anybody) today.

Didn't know the library printed fliers-will look into that! xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2009, 11:56:48 AM »
Lol Shirley! Cheaper for printing out flier's for you!  ;)

Good your getting even more calls now, looks like he is in the area and fantastic you have found someone willing to feed....Give them the selective whistle and your boy will be feeling calmer Im sure.... :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2009, 18:28:30 PM »
LOL Trigger!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2009, 18:18:53 PM »
goodness, I hope it's GB, Shirley

otherwise I can forsee new members from the Redditch area coming on here worried that their grey cats are off their food for some inexplicable reason :rofl:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2009, 17:56:34 PM »
"What about your local library, they would be cheaper than the PO!"

Sorry you've lost me there-cheaper for what? You have to remember i'm very old and slow, so need things explaining in great detail  lol!

I haven't got a template, just had a simple message put on bits of paper about 4" square. Thanks for the offer but it may be cutting it fine with this PO strike!

I had a call from another lady in the same street i went to yesterday. She thinks she's seen a grey cat in her garden, but can't be sure of the colour. She has neighbours cats come round, so she knows it's a different one. The most important thing is , if he comes back, she's willing to feed him for me-yaaaahhh!!!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2009, 14:18:08 PM »
I do have a feeling its GB Shirley, dont ask me how I know cos that I cant explain!  :shify: :hug:

Do you have a template for your flier's Shirley, How big are they etc? I dont mind doing you some if that would help just I live a bit far away and know that there's a postal strike on later in the week!  :tired:

What about your local library, they would be cheaper than the PO!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2009, 08:34:16 AM »
I found it funny too-after i found the food was still there tho' lol

Re. the hubby-me too!!!!!!

I still don't know if it IS GB at the house, but the way he went towards the lady's daughter when she whistled, but then ran away when he realised it wasn't me(?) makes it seem very possible!

All i can do now is hope for some calls, but i need to get more flyers done to finish her street-a lot of houses!-someone on CC had done nearly 200 for me, but i couldn't ask her again!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2009, 06:38:33 AM »
Glad you found the right house but how frustrating knowing they wont feed him!  :shocked: I know what I would say if I had a hubby like that!  :P

Yup so do I >:(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2009, 04:49:59 AM »
 :rofl: Sorry for laughing but that's the kind of thing I would do!  :evillaugh: :hug:

Glad you found the right house but how frustrating knowing they wont feed him!  :shocked: I know what I would say if I had a hubby like that!  :P

Lets just assume someone else must be falling for his charms cos something must be keeping him in the area!  ;) :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2009, 21:43:51 PM »
Went to the lady's house today (AFTER i'd discovered i'd left food and pushed a note through the letterbox of the WRONG house!! )    :-[   
She invited me to have a whistle in the garden, but there was no sign of him! She is not willing to feed him, even though i said it would only be for a few days to get a regular feeding station so that i can come back and catch him, but her hubby won't allow it, as she's already feeding a poorly stray!  She says maybe one of the other neighbours is feeding him as he can get through from one garden to the next, so i used the last of my flyers in her street. Disappointed, but what can you do?     :sigh:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2009, 07:42:31 AM »
LOL     Bazsmum!  :larf:

Jane, you beat me to it-i was going to use this       :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2009, 07:36:49 AM »
Ooooo! My finger's are crossed, toes have joined them... ah to hell with it Im wrapped up like a contortionist that this is GB!  :wow:

:shocked: The mind boggles  :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2009, 03:07:15 AM »
Ooooo! My finger's are crossed, toes have joined them... ah to hell with it Im wrapped up like a contortionist that this is GB!  :wow:

More positive vibes for you on your search Shirley.... I hope your whistle will be a happy tune in more ways than one!  ;D :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 22:07:16 PM »
Thanks Sheryl, Jane and Yvonne!   

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2009, 21:17:02 PM »
Just caught up with this - hope you have some good luck soon regarding GB

:where:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2009, 20:15:52 PM »
Best of luck for tomorrow xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2009, 20:13:14 PM »
I was thinking of you and GB the other evening Shirley - he is being a little Booger and thats for sure.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that he is around tomorrow when you go over there  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2009, 20:08:26 PM »
Thanks Jane, i've decided to go over anyway tomorrow-not to the house, but to see if there's anyway to get behind  the houses and have a whistle!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2009, 19:10:53 PM »
Hope that it is him, and it does sound possible being in the same street as the strange chappie

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2009, 18:58:55 PM »
FINALLY had some news tonight! A lady rang to say a grey cat has been in her mom's garden for a couple of days, and when she whistled, he came towards her, but ran off. As we were speaking he came back, so i asked if she would feed him. I rang her back and she'd given him some biscuits, but he'd gone again. It really sounds like it's him, so she will keep me in touch with what's happening. She doesn't want to take him on as she has adopted a poorly stray already! She said he looked well looked after and his fur was in good conditon-after 8 weeks missing?? There's probably an abundance of mice over there or someone else hasn't been able to resist him! I offrered to take some food over tomorrow, but she didn't know what she was doing!! I've texted the CDS's-hopefully he'll have a walk down, even if it's just to ID him! Streangely enough, it's the same street as Mr. Weirdo!!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2009, 15:23:47 PM »
Hi Bazsmum

'I really hope the cd's are doing as much as you in the search for him, its a long expensive trip for you each time....Would like to think they are putting as much effort in!'

Er no!

xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2009, 14:08:00 PM »
Its good you are talking to more peeps in the area Shirley and you never know it could just be GB!  :wish:

Cor them council people dont rush do they!  :tired:

I really hope the cd's are doing as much as you in the search for him, its a long expensive trip for you each time....Would like to think they are putting as much effort in!  ;)

Best of luck with the newspaper add Shirley....you really are covering everything poss!  :wow: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2009, 17:41:13 PM »
Hi all, had another trip over to Redditch on Monday. Spoke to a few dog walkers and the postman and gave them fliers, as well as a repeat posting of them. One of the dog walkers said he'd seen a grey cat last week almost at the back of the CDS's house  in the 'woods' and one of his 3 dogs, chased it! I'm not getting my hopes up tho' cos there is another grey cat that lives in the CDS's street!
GB will be readvertised in the local paper on Friday, but i've been waiting since 25th SEPTEMBER for some bloke at the Council to ring me back-he's the only one who has a list of cats picked up on the road............. Everytime i ring, he's never there. Surely the list must be on a computer, therefore other people can get access to it?? Grrrrr!
I also went into the local Tesco to see if my home made poster was still there-i was told they don't put A4 posters up, only their own cards!!! So why did they have it off me then?????? Grrr again!
This is the only time i wish i was at work so i could (sneakily!) get some posters done!!!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2009, 15:15:11 PM »
That's just amazing, Trigger-tho' a lot of work on your part, but worth every minute, i'll bet! I hope my GB is as lucky as your GB!      :ahh:   

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2009, 14:19:24 PM »
hi Shirley

my little GB has just come back over the fence from his daily wander - though he doesn't go very far - and is now asleep on my bed

who knows but your GB is living a similar life somewhere - let's hope so anyway :hug: :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Link to CatChat