Author Topic: Old guy desperate for a loving home....he's living rough at the moment :(  (Read 30223 times)

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Re: Old guy desperate for a loving home....he's living rough at the moment :(
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2009, 11:04:53 AM »
You don't know me, Dawn, so I apologise for butting in, but I read this thread and felt so sad at the outcome and just wanted to wish you luck and say I hope some time in the future  you will come back to the forum.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
I too am sorry you are leaving Dawn, Only just read this thread, I think some of the problems were that we don’t always write exactly what we are thinking or don't read the comments in the way they are meant. I know I occasionally write something with the best of intentions but someone reads it and takes it totally the wrong way.

Me and Dawn had a bit of a fall out, its all in the past  let it end now, and i hope Dawn feels the same way as me and comes back on the forum, please god the little cat has found a forever loving home, thats what counts

Wise words Ron, hopefully Dawn you will feel as Ron does and put it all behind you and move onwards and upwards.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2009, 21:46:33 PM »
Dawn, it's very sad to hear that, you were one of the very first people to speak to me on Catchat and offer me advice about the Proot.  I really wish you all the best and take care of yourself.  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2009, 21:45:54 PM »
You will be sorely, sorely missed. One of my true friends found through Purrs.  :Luv2: Take care of yourself xxxxxxxxxx :hug:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2009, 21:29:05 PM »
 :hug:  You take care of yourself.

Karen
x

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2009, 21:27:11 PM »
This is very sad !

Dawn was always one of the first to offer help.

You will be missed Dawn xxxx

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2009, 17:12:51 PM »
Really, really sorry to hear that - having a problem with personal messages, keep timing out on me so I cannot send you a pm. 

Look forward to hearing from you later.

:hug: :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2009, 17:09:02 PM »
It's not up for discussion Yvonne, I've made my mind up....sorry  :hug:  I will give you a ring later at home though :hug:  :hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2009, 16:44:51 PM »
Dawn - don't do it

I have tried to ring you but there has been no reply and I have left a couple of messages - please ring me ASAP

:thanks:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2009, 16:22:23 PM »
I will Dawn and thanks  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2009, 16:08:33 PM »
sorry to hear that Dawn, I hope you will keep in touch - hope you manage to get yourself sorted out soon  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2009, 16:07:29 PM »
Just to let everyone know I won't be coiming back on the forum again....and it was nice knowing most of you and it would be nice to keep in touch :hug:  Apart from the ban which was unwarranted considering other comments that were made against me, I really have got more important things going on right now....Tan, thanks for everything you've done for me in the past, you've been a star and I really appreciate it....but I would like my membership deleting  :thanks: :hug:   :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2009, 22:30:44 PM »
Me and Dawn had a bit of a fall out, its all in the past :( let it end now, and i hope Dawn feels the same way as me and comes back on the forum, please god the little cat has found a forever loving home,thats what counts :hug:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2009, 22:19:57 PM »
I have only just read this thread and feel it's such a shame that this situation turned out like this you all do such a good job taking in these poor furbaby's and finding them good homes, i admire you all for this and only wish i was able to help in some way.Please don't argue with each other you should be patting eachother on the back for all your hard work  :hug:
Come guys get it together  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2009, 22:08:01 PM »
If the week is up then thats up to her!

Editted to add:  I am just checking this out so be patient please cos dont know how long it will take
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 22:16:33 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2009, 22:06:23 PM »
Can Dawn come back on the forum now please??
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2009, 20:43:29 PM »
I think that this should all be left well alone, everyone has vented and at the end of the day we all give a dam about cats

I know Dawn has gone above and beyond the call in a lot of cases and she does care about each and everyone in her care

The rest of us in rescue have at some point had some big backing - I had CP etc, now we trap and neuter on our own - I do however get neutering vouchers cause I ask for them - the injections and ID chip i give llthe cats passing through the clan at my expense and I have spent a lot of time out of work and it costs about £100 per cat so yes I am aware of what Dawn is going through

We all care for cats and at teh end of the day we will never agree on the best way forward for each and everyone so perhaps we should agree to disagree and do what we do best care for our own cats and all the ones fortunate enough to pass through our doors and go on to new caring owners - with ferals that isn't always the case as they aren't the best advert for a lap cat - I know we have 30 of the darlings in various stages of hate to nearly like us! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2009, 20:26:10 PM »
If Dawn is banned for a week that will be it - I fear that she will not return

This is a dreadful shame as Dawn does so much for all the cats in her care

Dawn is obviously very upset because she was up at all hours posting and then had to do a full days work today
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2009, 20:15:22 PM »
I am afraid that I have to agree that the word "fishy" was unjustified.

At the time Dawn was unable to respond as she was out until all hours trapping ferals because no other rescue would do it and the neighbours had complained about them.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2009, 19:11:03 PM »
the fact that I've said it makes it against the rules, not what was said....if someone else had said it, there would be no mention 

That is not so.

As I've already said, I will not be withdrawing anything I've said nor apologising....I meant every word

I'm truly sorry to hear that.  I shall implement a ban of one week for an attack on another member; I'm mindful that you do have many issues to deal with at present and I am taking that into account.

Christine
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2009, 19:03:58 PM »
So making out something fishy was going on amongst other things wasn't an attack??....in my eyes I would have said this was questioning my honesty so yes, it was an attack.......my mind and my eyes must certainly be playing tricks on me   :scared:  As I've already said, I will not be withdrawing anything I've said nor apologising....I meant every word and if what I've said is against forum rules, so are a few of the other comments that are made by others...but then again, the fact that I've said it makes it against the rules, not what was said....if someone else had said it, there would be no mention  ;) and  :thanks:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2009, 18:52:59 PM »
:sneaky:  and what about the personal attacks on me or don't I count  >:(   I won't be withdrawing any statements I've made and if you don't like it, ban me....I don't give a  :censored:

There are no personal attacks on you that I can see, Dawn.  Disagreement and alternative advice, yes, a lot of that, but attacks - no.  I must ask you again to reflect on the intemperate remarks you made to Ron: such ad hominem attacks are against the rules of the forum and the spirit of Purrs.

:thanks:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2009, 18:46:00 PM »
 :sneaky:  and what about the personal attacks on me or don't I count  >:(   I won't be withdrawing any statements I've made and if you don't like it, ban me....I don't give a  :censored:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2009, 18:31:46 PM »
And that's where I'm also different to you and a few others, I find out the facts before making assumptions and judging....this is something you lot should consider in the future  ;)

That is a personal attack on Ron, Dawn, and completely unwarranted.  Please withdraw it.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2009, 18:05:04 PM »
Maybe if it was you that was being slated instead of me, maybe not so ridiculous then Gill  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2009, 18:03:32 PM »
Sorry Dawn but this is just riduculous so will not be bothering to post on here any more.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2009, 17:41:59 PM »

The bitching or what ever you called it is in your mind only .

That is  :censored: Gill and you know it and I suppose it's in others mind only as well is it.....

Most of us have lots going on in our lives and are struggling in one way or another and thats personal to each and every one.

The difference being Gill, I don't start making snidey comments plus whatever I'm having to cope with,  I'm still expected to sort out all the cats in North Wales and beyond  :sneaky:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2009, 15:18:48 PM »
Why should I want to ban you?

We are all entitled to our own opinion but it would help if you read the posts properly before sounding off against all and sundry.

The bitching or what ever you called it is in your mind only . Everyone else was concerned only about Barry and in my case also the sponsor because I think they should have correct and proper paperwork to cover themselves.

Most of us have lots going on in our lives and are struggling in one way or another and thats personal to each and every one.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2009, 04:46:19 AM »
   But like said you don't have time to read posts or send a pm,which i think is very rude,

One last point Ron, talking of being rude as you put it, I offered help by offering to post a plea out for the 20 cats that will be pts if homes weren't found......no response or pm from you......did I kick up a big fuss?.....no I didn't.....pot calling the kettle black me thinks  >:(

And one last point to Gill, if you want to ban me for the comments I've made.....be my guest, I'm past caring  ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 05:08:00 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2009, 03:26:36 AM »
Ron, there was no mention of a forever home in your initial posts and that was why I did decline the offer.....I didn't want him being transported all that way to be shoved in a pen for god knows how long so maybe if you'd have made it clear, I may have considered it.  The reason I didn't jump at the idea of you sponsoring him was I was waiting for people getting back to me in regards to giving him a forever home so therefore, I'm not going to take money off you unless he was staying here and as far as not responding and you thinking it was rude....I don't go out of my way to be rude to people, I had a genuine reason for not being on Purrs and that was because I've been really busy just as you have weeks when you are not online.... I have a lot going on in my life at the moment and that doesn't give anyone the right to judge me or dig the knife in just as I wouldn't do it to anyone else  :sneaky:  The cats I am trapping at the moment are mostly being spayed/neutered and returned, and although I am packing it in, I want to get these sorted so at least there will be no more kittens to worry about because once I've gone, that will be it so I am trying to do as much as I can beforehand and if that makes me a bad person, then judge away......if I don't do them before I go, in a few months they'll be hundreds and no one to do them......also, there have been a lot of complaints about them and I am worried if they have any more kittens, they will be poisoned.....so god knows why me still doing what I can until I close my doors forever makes things sound fishy  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  The comments made by you and a couple of others were uncalled for....I didn't deserve them and it only reinforces my own reasons for staying away from the forum.....and I should also add that I also say what I think....I don't need little sheep to back me up, I have my own mind and I am always honest when I'm dealing with people.....I do not need to bull :censored: and my main priority is the cats and not how many brownie points I earn or whether people like me....I honestly don't give a  :censored:  Also, the stuff I've got going on in my life is personal and will mean a total change and not just packing in the cat rescue side of things.....this is on top of my financial worries, so before you and others condemn me, if you can't be  :censored: finding out why I haven't been around, or thinking that maybe, just maybe I have got other things on my mind besides the cats,  rather than making bitchy snidey comments, then I'd appreciate it if you and others keep your comments to yourself   >:(  >:( 

And that's where I'm also different to you and a few others, I find out the facts before making assumptions and judging....this is something you lot should consider in the future  ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 05:06:43 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2009, 02:38:26 AM »
  Dawn I have just got back and read you post, yes i did say Barry would go in a pen i aways keep a new cat in a pen for two days in my kitchen and in all my larger pens till the other cats get used to them as indoors  till my tribe have got used to them, there are 4 gages in my kitchen at the presant time. I also said if you wanted to keep Bary I would sponsor him but you never mentioned that in your last post , But like said you don't have time to read posts or send a pm,which i think is very rude, You also say you are packing in and don't have Any funds left, so what will you do with all the little Babes you catch thats the thing that makes things sound fishy, You say you have other problems so do a lot of other people I have had a lot myself in the last two months finding money for vet bills and kitten food and transport ext But you have to take one step at a time, you will find things alway turn out for the best, good luck with you finding Barry a forever loving home, but you made things look fishy by not reading the posts that were posted,I was the one who said it so don't go blaming everyone it was me and i have a right to say what I feel and so dose everyone still you will still get everyone sucking up to you. but you wont ever get any offer of help from me  and i think its best left alone now,I hope things do work out for you, and yes I will always speak my mind good or bad thats me, one should never back down from what one thinks.Ron At ( LOSTCATSBRIGHTON )

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2009, 01:05:37 AM »

Preferably a sponsor and even more so, preferably a forever home....Brighton is about 5 hours from here and I really don't want him travelling that far although thanks for the offer Ron  :hug:

Thats where it came from in North Wales!

As far as the other comment I was replying to Sharon who asked what happened to the transport run.

oh, how stupid I am....I'd forgotten about that comment Gill, thanks for pointing it out to me.....and I notice I had actually politely declined Ron's offer for help for him to be put in a pen, oops sorry, a forever home but surely that means the bitching was why exactly?????

I am sure that Dawn has Barry's best interests at heart and he is quite happy on Dawn's sofa at the moment

I know that you don't normally drink Dawn but I think you can treat yourself to a large Gin tonight - I know I would if I was in your shoes.

Thanks for taking the trouble to find out what was going on instead of back stabbing and bitching  :hug:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:13:45 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2009, 00:49:49 AM »
Ok everybody - time for bed now

I am sure that Dawn has Barry's best interests at heart and he is quite happy on Dawn's sofa at the moment

I know that you don't normally drink Dawn but I think you can treat yourself to a large Gin tonight - I know I would if I was in your shoes.

Night night everybody   :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2009, 00:48:57 AM »
Dawn, I don't think anyone was purposely trying to make you feel bad - you do a lot.

So would you like me to try and organise transport to Rons? Or would you prefer me to tout for a sponsor? ;)

Well I do feel bad even without the comments but I will have to deal with that  :hug:

Preferably a sponsor and even more so, preferably a forever home....Brighton is about 5 hours from here and I really don't want him travelling that far although thanks for the offer Ron  :hug:

Thats where it came from in North Wales!

As far as the other comment I was replying to Sharon who asked what happened to the transport run.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2009, 00:47:39 AM »
if he was not so far away i would take him in at least he would be in a warm pen

No mention of forever home.....thought I'd check in case I'd got the wrong end of the stick....funny how stories change along the way  :shy:
The poor little cat that I feel sorry for and it cant be good keeping him Caged up for all this time when there is a home in my house waiting for him I am really

:tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2009, 00:39:55 AM »

As you have taken the quote out of context, you well know it was that you were not happy about the cat being transported and you have just confirmed that below.

Nobody has questioned the vet bill but I still do question a sponsored foster rather than  a permanent home that was offered with Ron.

I also believe that if someone is going to be sponsoring a foster there should be paperwork to back this up so that the sponsor knows what money is involved and what it is going on and for how long.

That sounds very reasonable to me.

Gill, I have not taken the quote out of context at all  :sneaky:  One thing I can't stand is bitching and that is exactly what has happened on this thread and the laugh of it is, I was judged, hung and quartered without anyone even giving a second thought as to why I hadn't been on Purrs  >:(  The fishy comment...I would really love a response to what that was all about :sneaky:  and as far as me not being happy about transporting him, I have only just stated that, but I hadn't before you commented so you've obviously heard it on the grapevine but not via North Wales  :tired:  As far as a sponsor for him, he would only have gone to a fosterer if I was 100% happy with the situation....the reason why he would have to be sponsored if he was fostered, is for the simple reason I can't afford to pay for his care whilst he's there....and most fosterers would expect this which is understandable.  Also, any other cats that are "sponsored", do you make such a big fuss about them as well or is it just this one inparticular and another question, does everyone else have to approve the fosterer if I go down this route or am I allowed to choose them myself :sneaky:

Dawn you was the one who said you would have to put the poor little cat back on the streets, I offered to take him in to my own house and give him a forever loving home, I would have thought you would have at least been in touch with me or pm me, Do you think you are the only one out there thats out saving cats I also go out at all hours day or night trapping mum and Ferrel's but i don't keep on about it,  I to am very cross about the whole thing and my offer is if you don't let me know one way or another in the next 12 hours my offer ends  and i will never ever offer to take on a cat out of my erea again, And I am thinking of coming of purs if i have to Dael with people who cant reply to a decent offer"  Cant stop got to go out and check my traps >:( RON.

Ron, as far as me being the only one helping cats, no I don't think I am but I know how busy I am and I also know what is going on in my life at the moment.....you lot haven't got a  :censored: clue so don't you dare start judging me or my decisions  :sneaky:  And initially, there was no mention of a forever loving home....you said you would take him, there is a difference  :sneaky:  I have amongst other things been trying to get him a home locally so he doesn't have to travel and I am waiting to hear back from someone, that is another reason why I haven't agreed to anything on here......but regardless of anything, I am not having him traipse half way across the country unless I have no alternative  :tired:  Good luck with checking your traps as well Ron, hopefully you won't be out too long......

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2009, 23:54:55 PM »
 Dawn you was the one who said you would have to put the poor little cat back on the streets, I offered to take him in to my own house and give him a forever loving home, I would have thought you would have at least been in touch with me or pm me, Do you think you are the only one out there thats out saving cats I also go out at all hours day or night trapping mum and Ferrel's but i don't keep on about it,  I to am very cross about the whole thing and my offer is if you don't let me know one way or another in the next 12 hours my offer ends  and i will never ever offer to take on a cat out of my erea again, And I am thinking of coming of purs if i have to Dael with people who cant reply to a decent offer"  Cant stop got to go out and check my traps >:( RON.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2009, 23:19:12 PM »
Nothing went wrong with it, it just takes time to set up but I understand that Dawn wasnt happy with it.

I'd love you to fill me in on what I was apparently not happy with seeing as the only comments I've made have been on this thread  :tired:  On second thoughts Gill, I don't want to know...I am  :censored: fuming with your comments and a couple of others and I might not be able to contain myself if I get started  :sneaky:

As you have taken the quote out of context, you well know it was that you were not happy about the cat being transported and you have just confirmed that below.

Nobody has questioned the vet bill but I still do question a sponsored foster rather than  a permanent home that was offered with Ron.

I also believe that if someone is going to be sponsoring a foster there should be paperwork to back this up so that the sponsor knows what money is involved and what it is going on and for how long.

That sounds very reasonable to me.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2009, 23:04:53 PM »
I actually thought there was a problem with transport or he must be ill, I agree it is always best to home near if you can Dawn, you know the cat and what is best for him.

No Janey, the reason I haven't been back on the thread the last few days is apart from being up to my eyes, I normally get an email notification when someone responds....and I haven't had any so assumed no one had responded.  The only reason I've been on today is someone had sent me a message via FB telling me there was a load of bitching going on.....nice forum I must say and considering most that are bitching are not involved in rescue.....laughable  :sneaky:  and no he isn't ill, he is fine but I'm still also trying to work on someone "locally" to take him.

Well I can assure you Dawn I certainly wasn’t bitching in fact tbh I didn’t even read the whole thread I was just replying to the bit about it being better to try and get transport and home further if you can’t get a home nearer and like I say that’s what I thought was the problem and was rambling on about my old cats travelling a long way (as I do  :innocent:) Like I say if you can get a home nearer that’s always best for sure  :hug:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 23:20:09 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2009, 21:49:21 PM »
I actually thought there was a problem with transport or he must be ill, I agree it is always best to home near if you can Dawn, you know the cat and what is best for him.

No Janey, the reason I haven't been back on the thread the last few days is apart from being up to my eyes, I normally get an email notification when someone responds....and I haven't had any so assumed no one had responded.  The only reason I've been on today is someone had sent me a message via FB telling me there was a load of bitching going on.....nice forum I must say and considering most that are bitching are not involved in rescue.....laughable  :sneaky:  and no he isn't ill, he is fine but I'm still also trying to work on someone "locally" to take him.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 21:52:15 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat