Author Topic: Old guy desperate for a loving home....he's living rough at the moment :(  (Read 30336 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Old guy desperate for a loving home....he's living rough at the moment :(
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 00:56:16 AM »
I agree and if he came down across Wales, I would be willing to take him onwards, not sure I could make it to Brighton but as close as I could get.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 00:09:32 AM »
I would have thought there would be a good chance he would just sleep the journey away - but that would depend on not being handed over too much, of course

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 00:07:05 AM »
I know its a long way - but he would get a forever home with Ron -thats worth thinking about surely - a lovely cosy home where he will be loved and taken care of the rest of his life .
Barry is just  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 23:24:10 PM »
 Not really but if a poor little cat comes along i cant say no i am only trying to help the poor little lad.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 23:20:41 PM »
Ron, I think that's really good of you. But if he doesn't have to travel for five hours that option might suit the old codger better. (Barry, not Dawn! ;)) Will the offer be a limited time only situation?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 23:13:34 PM »
I can only But offer I cant do better than that he would have had  a forever home with me but its up to  you 5hrs  on the Road is better than being put back on the streets, the offer still stands take it or leave it.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 18:38:33 PM »
Dawn, I don't think anyone was purposely trying to make you feel bad - you do a lot.

So would you like me to try and organise transport to Rons? Or would you prefer me to tout for a sponsor? ;)

Well I do feel bad even without the comments but I will have to deal with that  :hug:

Preferably a sponsor and even more so, preferably a forever home....Brighton is about 5 hours from here and I really don't want him travelling that far although thanks for the offer Ron  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 18:20:00 PM »
Dawn, I don't think anyone was purposely trying to make you feel bad - you do a lot.

So would you like me to try and organise transport to Rons? Or would you prefer me to tout for a sponsor? ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 17:27:09 PM »
I've got a couple more people I need to hear back from and one I need to ring....I have been offered a foster home for him so if someone could sponsor him whilst he is there, that would be great as I really can't afford to lay any more out.  His vet bill came to £195 and I've still not paid this  :Crazy: but he is in pretty good health.....and his teeth are now done  ;)  It sounds awful me not being able to keep him but if only you knew the reasons and why I need to get sorted out and the cats gone.....I have no choice in the matter and with Barry, I wanted to make sure he was at least in good health if he had to be on the streets, I'm finding it hard to give up what I'm doing anyway so don't try and make me feel bad as I have done what I am able to do and still a damn sight more than a lot of people and yes he is still here at the moment.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 16:19:56 PM »
Ive pm's JS asking if she could arrange a transport run....ie put it in the app sect! I know the lass is trying hard for one herself at the mo too!  :tired:

Hope you and JS manage to get them runs sorted (oops you know which runs I mean!  :innocent::hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 14:43:11 PM »
Diddydawn is in Flintshire north wales and Ron in Brighton

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 14:41:06 PM »
where does the cat need to get to and from ??   probably need Jackspratt for the transport run organisation thingeys,  she is good at that  :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 14:39:43 PM »
of cause I would look after him I have never let a cat down yet, I would not have offerd if I did not mean it. I have not had a cat that I have not found a good home for yet. anyway if I cant home a cat they end up living in my house.

How lovely are you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 14:23:17 PM »
I'm happy to help with transport to Ron's if I can - I have some stuff for your car boot Ron that I need to get to you anyway!

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 14:21:37 PM »
of cause I would look after him I have never let a cat down yet, I would not have offerd if I did not mean it. I have not had a cat that I have not found a good home for yet. anyway if I cant home a cat they end up living in my house.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 13:54:46 PM »
I have only just noticed this!  :shy: What an absolute babe he is...looks like he could turn into a pure cuddlebum.... :Luv2:

I hope between all you wonderful peeps something can be sorted for him....He just cant go back to the streets and Im sure with all the care for him here he wont!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 13:51:45 PM »
If people could get him to you Ron,  would you look after him ?

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 13:49:26 PM »
Any news on the little guy yet !!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »
Have stepped up facebook a notch - Barry is now my profile picture with an explanation. You never know, it might work!

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 07:35:04 AM »
Maybe a purrs transport run could get him to you Ron ?

I totally agree,  he cant be put back out on the streets,  poor old boy  :(

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 22:22:55 PM »
poor little old lad he cant just be dumped back on the streets he wont last the cold winter if he was not so far away i would take him in at least he would be in a warm pen what if I sponsor him Dawn could you not keep him i would do it by pay pal. the poor little lad will be so upset to just be dumped back on the streets, I understand its not your fault Dawn I know what its like to have money worries and you have done your best but we must do something for the little old lad :( :(

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 07:23:06 AM »
 :Luv: ah, he looks a lovely chappie, loads of luck for him xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »
Dawn, are his eyes just like that from the anaesthetic, as they dont look right on the pics?

It could just be the flash off the camera Des, his eyes don't look too bad....

Poor old lad, he looks so forlorn and sad  :( whats going to happen to him Dawn?

Not sure yet hun, I will give you a bell later anyway for a chat....I've got a couple at the back of me who catnapped one of mine a couple of years ago, I'm going to see if I can get them to take Barry on as well  ;)

Posted him on my Facebook, Dawn.

Thanks JS, got him on mine as well but Sean didn't help with his warped sense of humour by posting he looked angry on the pic along with another comment....  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 10:32:43 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 10:07:03 AM »
Posted him on my Facebook, Dawn.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »
Poor old lad, he looks so forlorn and sad  :( whats going to happen to him Dawn?
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »
Dawn, are his eyes just like that from the anaesthetic, as they dont look right on the pics?
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 00:04:44 AM »
It's a shame as I think he will end up a little snugglebum, he is a little nervous and does shy away if you move too quick near him but he's getting more ameniable to being fussed  :Luv:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 23:57:54 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:- He looks similar to Baggins who lives round the corner fromme -but has moved into Winstons house on my doorstep for the last 4 weeks .
Hope he recovers ok -would be great if someone would give him his forever home though .

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 23:53:00 PM »
Piccies of the little lad  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 15:08:33 PM »
glad old boy is OK Dawn.  look forward to piccies
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 22:30:10 PM »
glad that Barry is ok  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 22:27:34 PM »
Cool, looking forward to them. :) :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 19:51:45 PM »
Barry as he is now called is back home....he's had 2 teeth removed and is on medication for a few days....he's also had a bit of a bath whilst in the vets  ;)  I will let him settle and try and get some piccies of him later :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 11:47:20 AM »
It might be me being a bit blonde,  but why do you have to put the cat back where he came from Dawn ?,  why cant you get him to a rescue ?,  surely he is going to be extremely stressed going back to a situation that he thought he left and you know what other cats are like they wont know who he is and he will have to go through the whole fighting for position rountine again.   I understand that he needed vet care,  but surely it would have been better to have left him where he was until a permanent place could have been found for him.  I might have got the totally wrong end of the stick here that is not unusual for me  :-[

Got the totally wrong end of the stick....the cat needed vet care and I'm not going to leave a cat that needs help regardless of my plans...I do cat rescue but I am meant to be packing it in, other that I am chocca, financially....absolutely skint and I mean skint, he will be fine going back as he's only been away a few days.  The area he is from, he has been there all his life and everyone knows him, he is being fed and basically all he needs is a bed which I am still working on.  All the rescues in this area and probably around the country are full to bursting, we are now in full swing with kittens coming out of everyones ears and when anyone has phoned anyone in and around my area, my number gets given out.  I'm in the middle of trapping some ferals for spaying/neutering....the old guy literally lives across the road from a large rescue, they gave him my number telling him they hadn't got the resources or the time to take a trap over the road so these cats could be sorted  >:(  These people get plenty of donations.......I don't and I'm a one man band.  If the cat has to live another winter out which I am trying to avoid I want him to be "as healthy as can be"......he has had his coat dematted which would have been uncomfortable for him and he's been deflead and wormed, his teeth are in a mess which willl make it uncomfortable for him so he's having them done today.....so no, leaving him would have been heartless in my eyes.....this way, he has a better chance at coping with life on the outside if need be.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 08:05:08 AM »
It might be me being a bit blonde,  but why do you have to put the cat back where he came from Dawn ?,  why cant you get him to a rescue ?,  surely he is going to be extremely stressed going back to a situation that he thought he left and you know what other cats are like they wont know who he is and he will have to go through the whole fighting for position rountine again.   I understand that he needed vet care,  but surely it would have been better to have left him where he was until a permanent place could have been found for him.  I might have got the totally wrong end of the stick here that is not unusual for me  :-[

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 23:22:48 PM »
Cool, will post full details on Facebook as soon as you do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 23:12:32 PM »
Any pictures yet, Dawn?

I've not had chance yet, he's in the vets tonight for his dental tomorrow and I'll get some pics when I pick him up  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 10:44:35 AM »
Any pictures yet, Dawn?

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »
Just wish we were closer Dawn!  :hug:  good luck with this old boy.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 16:41:42 PM »
He's in Flintshire, North Wales and with me at the moment until he has had his dental.

Link to CatChat