Author Topic: HI, It will be nice to talk cat in English!  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: HI, It will be nice to talk cat in English!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 15:23:07 PM »
You B&B looks wonderfull and your furry family are wonderful.  It looks like you have an idyllic lifestyle but Im sure in reality there is an awful lot of hardwork involved.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Caroline in the sun

• Adult Cat
  • Halftail snoozzzzing
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 22:06:01 PM »
Hi Parée,

Thanks for saying that, we are certainly enjoying the weather here at the moment, no wind and rain here, during the first half of January we have had bright sunny and still days with max temperatures of 20°C. I think global warming has definately clicked in, we have never had it so warm for so long at this time of year before!

How did you post your lovely video clip, I think that is really cool.

Cheers, Caroline.
Hi Folks, come & meet some of my gang, we are open all year for B&B or self-catering. Love to see you, Caroline. WWW.lestroispuitscongenies.com

Offline Parée

• Adult Cat
    • Teddy Boys Reunited
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »
Hi Caroline

Looked at the pictures of your B & B it looks very picturesque! It will be a cat lovers haven!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your cats.

A cat is for life

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 23:43:40 PM »
 :welcome: and hello to you and the beautiful furrys!

• Adult Cat
  • Halftail snoozzzzing
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 13:06:44 PM »
Hi Sonya,

The big ginger boy is George and he is a beautiful friendly boy. He just turned up in the garden about a year ago and stayed, he was tame when he arrived and after he had been in the garden for about a month we took him to the vet to be neutered. Despite asking around no one claimed him as their's! The vet thought he was about 18months old. He was tame when he arrived and knows all about kitchens and fridges and tipbits, something ours are never given as we don't want to encourage them to beg from the guests. Francis my husband thinks he may have belonged to an old lady who spoilt him but who then died, but we really don't know where he came from! I would love to re-home him as he would make someone a lovely pet, but I haven't found any homes yet for adult cats!

Tigs is the young lady trying to catch her tail, those photos were taken when she was about 4 months old,  her tail is quite long and it became her favorite play thing for quite a while. We found her out in the road, at about 10 weeks old. She had followed a couple of Irish visitors down the street from the main square. She was obviously lost and very tame and crying terribly, so we rescued her from the traffic and set about trying to find out where she had come from, but despite posters up all round the village and informing the Mairie(town hall), no one claimed her. We can only assume that she arrived by car quite by accident! We have to be very careful as she loves to get in cars and has got into a number of guests cars when no one was looking!! It was the wrong season for finding homes, (the middle of the summer) and so she has stayed too.

I'll tell you about the others later as Francis has just said the lunch is ready!

By for now.
Hi Folks, come & meet some of my gang, we are open all year for B&B or self-catering. Love to see you, Caroline. WWW.lestroispuitscongenies.com

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 11:48:19 AM »
Hi Caroline

Just checked out  your website and your cats are gorgeous, I love that pic of the little tabby trying to catch his tail and the big ginger you have  :)  Your b+b looks beautiful, how lucky are you to live somewhere as picturesque as that  :Luv:

Sonya
x
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 01:30:11 AM »
What wonderful cats and looks like a great place too  ;D

• Adult Cat
  • Halftail snoozzzzing
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 21:48:56 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am back from my travels now and I have been updating my web site and I have put a few pussy photos there, not the whole tribe yet, but I am working on it! So until I learn how to post pictures here if you would like to take a look at my lot  go to www.lestroispuitscongenies.com then click 'About Us' and 'Cat's galore'

Unfortunatly we have come home to find one of the cats has a cold and another has just gone down with it today, I just hope it doesn't turn into cat flu! So we have spent the afternoon at the vets!! She has been given antibiotics, can anyone tell me if they have any other remidies for colds in cats. Obviously I have isolated Foxy  and she will have to live in my bedroom until she is better. Poor girl having been born feral she is terrified of the car and the vet.

let me know if you have any useful tips please.

Cheers for now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 21:50:22 PM by Caroline in the sun »

• Adult Cat
  • Halftail snoozzzzing
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 19:18:39 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your greetings> I am on holiday at the moment and so short of computer time. I will write to you all about my cats when I get home after the 10th Jan 07. At the moment they are all helping to house sit my friend Ali, who is there current slave!!!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 17:39:59 PM »
Welcome, and can't wait to hear all about your cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 23:15:07 PM »
Hi Caroline, sounds like you have your hands full with B+B and 13 cats, sounds like my kind of place, do your rooms come with a resident cat? he he! :evillaugh:, if so I'm booking  :yes:
Look forward to photo's and hearing all about your lot :)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 22:07:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum Caroline.  Look forward to seeing pics of your furbabes  :)

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 23:15:21 PM »
Hi Caroline welcome  :)

you can give up any hope of getting anything done now you've found us lol . Most of us spend all day on here chatting he hee :rofl:

Great to hear from foreign parts we are all looking forward to seeing all your waifs and strays and pictures of the cats would be nice too  ;)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 00:18:22 AM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

• Adult Cat
  • Halftail snoozzzzing
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 23:10:03 PM »
Hi Folks,
Thanks for your warm welcomes. We live between Nimes & Montpellier, about 40 minutes from the Med. In a little village. We got involved with the cats when our neighbour(who runs an animal welfare society) asked if she could feed the feral cats on our wall..... the rest is history, as they say!!!

I will try to work out how to post pictures, but when I tried earlier I lost the whole message I wanted to send you all, it will have to wait until I am more awake!

Good night for now xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 22:04:14 PM »
Hi Caroline and  :welcome:

You've certainly come to the right place if you want to talk cats! LOL.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the gang.

Allthe best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 17:34:54 PM »
Hi Caroline!

:welcome: to Purrs!!!

I would love to hear all about your experiences down in the South of France, as we are hoping to move there some time next year! What area are you in? ;D

Would love to see pics of all your furbabes too!  ;D It sounds like you are doing a good job as I imagine there's plenty of ferals down there!  ;D

Best wishes, Mimi x

Plus headbutts and hugs from Libby, Nellie and Phoebe xxx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 15:53:34 PM »
Hiya Caroline  :welcome: to Purrs
Great to have ya here.
Sounds like ya got a lovely family over there  ;D and it will be great to hear what it like over in France for the strays etc.
Love to hear how you became slaves to all of them and we love pics  ;D ;D

• Adult Cat
  • Halftail snoozzzzing
HI, It will be nice to talk cat in English!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 15:49:01 PM »
Hi I live in the south of France, where we have been running a B&B for the last 4 years. Since we arrived we have acquired all the local feral, stray and homeless cats in the area. We currently have 13, but many more have passed through. I have great difficulty rehoming adult cats though. It will be nice to talk to other catty people in English for a change!!

Link to CatChat