Author Topic: 3 legged cat and laminate floors  (Read 3481 times)

Offline IainMcT

• Adult Cat
Re: 3 legged cat and laminate floors
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 15:55:54 PM »
I think you will find the answer is ice skates. Just strap them to his feet and he will be fine.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 16:42:54 PM »
Hi Teresa,

Maybe they will treat their floor with anti-slip liquid. I used to have laminate in my old flat in the hallway and Kylie used to love skidding along it but she had 4 brakes  :evillaugh:
I just had oak flooring out in my basement that is UV varnished and has a similar finish but not quite as slippery and I'm hoping they won't go too crazy with it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 23:35:46 PM »
So pleased Rosie has found her new home  :Luv:

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 23:14:17 PM »
Aw, I remember Rosey from catchat. I'm so pleased she has got a new home. :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 20:38:43 PM »
Mark I`ve sadly got carpets it is the home Rosey is going to that has the laminate thats why I was concerned.

Minimopsical has been wonderful for Rosey, however both girls are ready to say their goodbyes to one another.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 20:15:41 PM »
I bet Minimopsical will miss her a lot.  :Bye:

How does she cope with the floor?

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 19:49:25 PM »
Mark
I fell in love with her the second I saw her, as to being like a child leaving home I cheered as each of my 3 quit the nest and thought yippee more room for an extra couple of cats :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 19:27:40 PM »
You could make her some nice slippers made from the stuff that stops rugs slipping

or

http://www.minotaur-uk.com/maxiflex.htm

Seriously, I'm really glad you have found her a permanent home. You must be really attached to her now. I can only imagine it must be like a child leaving home  :'(

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 18:19:27 PM »
I'm delighted to hear that Rosey has found her new family too  :Luv:

I don't know about three-legged cats either, but when we had wooden floors put down here, Blip spent the first few days doing some spectacular slides but quickly got the hang of things and now negotiates wood and tiles (we don't have carpets, just rugs) without a second thought. I'm guessing it will be the same for Rosey, particularly as I imagine she will be wary of her new surroundings at first and less inclined to cannon about?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 18:18:47 PM »
Hi Roz
I feel sure that Rosey will keep in touch with us all, she will be sharing a house with a lovely lady who has already spent time making visits to get to know her.
Rosey has proved difficult to place because of a couple of bad habits, she is a wallpaper stripper- hehe only painted walls where she`s going but most annoying she leaps on the table at mealtimes to steal the food from my plate and when I lift her down to the floor she goes into her litter tray and produces the biggest smelliest poo she can manage so I have to scoop the tray immediately and by the time I get back she is sat in my place eating my dinner.
Christmas Dinner without Rosey-sheer bliss despite the fact I love her so much.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 17:58:57 PM »
Hi Teresa,

How wonderful to hear that lovely Rosey is off to her new home very soon.  Lots of good wishes to her for a super 'loved up' new life. :Luv:

Re the laminate:  I cannot answer for 3 legged cats but all my floors are laminate too (with just large carpet squares in the main rooms and rugs elsewhere (all dispensable) and my cats have no problems on them at all.  Usually laminate has an anti-slip surface anyway so I'm sure dear little Rosey will be just fine.

Will we be kept in touch of her progress?

Lots of love

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 16:58:02 PM »
Thanks Liz and Sarah
Rosey our 3 legged collar injury girl is off to her new home very soon and I was a little worried because she is used to carpet and her new home has a lovely laminate floor.
I did think of you when I posted Liz, hopefully the lovely Rosey will adapt as well as the magnificent Maverick.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 16:36:49 PM »
maverick our 3 legged wonder has great vornering skills on the wood, tile and laminate floors we have in this house some of the others have traction control issues but the best of the lot is Gracie our oldie feral who is in the look of the rather large overweight maiden aunt type corners well as her centre of gravity is rather on the low side!!!

They master it with 3 and 4 paws quite quickly although the Border collies has some issues he starts of to quick and runs like on a jogging machine!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 14:02:03 PM »
Bertie has a leg that is more or less useless and when we first had him he struggled with the laminate floors. He slipped quite a bit but gradually he has got used to the floor and seems to cope ok now.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
3 legged cat and laminate floors
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 22:46:03 PM »
Has anyone any experience of how a 3 legged cat copes on laminate floors?

Link to CatChat