Author Topic: Please help  (Read 14342 times)

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
Re: Please help
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 21:30:20 PM »
Thankyou all for your posts. I really do apprieciate it.My mind is made up.They are 2 stunning beautiful babies.I love and adore them,however most of you know that I also have a pair of rescue Siamese who had behavioural problems. The reason why they are fine now is because they have my undivided attention 24/7.They sleep in our bed and absolutely need and crave attention.I know alot about these types of troubles and it took Thomas and Henry a good 2 years to become'normal'.The thing is that I think Amber and george,s problems are simply the fact that they arn,t top cats. Amber has a very strong domineering personality and bosses the 3 boys around.She has to be the cntre of attention. Little george follows her everywhere and copies everything she does,which is why he has now begun soiling like her.I,ve really have tried everything....Theresa had some good suggestions....but it would involve keeping them in a ...albeit....large cage and honestly, i couldn,t do that. She is most definately right but I know I just couldn,t do that. They are both less than 12 months and I think in an environment whereby they are the only 2 cats, they,ll probably thrive.Theresa also said she,d even take George for awhile to see if Amber,s behavour changes (bless her),but I don,t want to stress them or upset my 2 little boys who are already so attached to them. I think finding a wonderful loving home would be better.I,ll sit and wait for the right person to come along.As i write now, I,ve had to put them in the kitchen which breaks my heart as I know they feel left out.If any of you know a lovely family please could you let me know ? I would only ask that a donation be made to Paws-inn.I wouldn,t normally ask for money but they cost me 700 pounds and perhaps askng for a small donation is a sign that someone is serious about these 2 babies. x x j :'( :'( :'( Thankyou x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 21:22:03 PM »
Jayne, hi - have you had another chat with Teresa? Worth doing that before you finalise your decision - I think she offered a bit of a holiday?

xxC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline ringtree

• Kitten
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 20:53:45 PM »
They really are beautiful - surely there must be some expert on here to help you keep them! I hope you can sort it out.  Take care.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 20:51:22 PM »
They are gorgeous, why dont you try contacting Wizz?

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 20:31:24 PM »
George

Amber

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 20:29:35 PM »
Oh Jayne , I really feel for you,  :hug: sorry cant offer much in the way of advice but just wanted to give you a  :hug:
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline ringtree

• Kitten
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 20:29:04 PM »
I am sorry to hear you are having a bad time - but I am sure this is just a terrible phase they are going through and that it will get better!! They are testing each other I think. If you can stand it to hold on things may improve.

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 19:52:03 PM »
OH has just caught George relieving himself in his office. (No. 2 !,this isn,t the first time). He has basically said that George and Amber don,t like playing second fiddle to Thomas and Henry and rather than re-home George, it would be kinder to re-home them as a pair where they can be top cats together.I,ve also caught Amber peeing in my room where I sit here on my computer. I feel like i,m on a roller coaster ride of emotions. When everything is normal I think i,m in denial and kidding myself. I have now come to the conclusion that i will loook for them a new home as it,s starting to put a strain on us as a family. That,s it .....my mind is made up. Sorry for all the different emotions,I am a bit all over the place. Thankyou for listening........love Jayne  x :'( :'( :'(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 18:47:08 PM »
I am glad you are less stressed about it Jayne, and hopefully you can get to the bottom of it soon!!
Please spay your cat

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 16:42:49 PM »
Update.........Well, What can I say ? I think I must becoming immune to the smell of cat pee as even though it,s STILL happening,I seem to be chilling out more and thinking "whatever"!George has started now in the same spot....under my bed. i put a thick towel down every night and wash it the day after.I,m such a softie because I like them all in bed with us and I feel it,s cruel to let two in and leave two out so obviously the behaviour hasn,t stopped. But now I thinkl....well I know where it,s going to be so at least I can plan ahead!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :thanks:   x   j

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 15:33:02 PM »
I am glad that things went well. Fingers crossed covering it with something helps a lot, and dont forget to get a urine sample checked. I do like to keep myself busy!!
Please spay your cat

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 15:01:25 PM »
Hi Desley....Happy New Year!! They got on great while we were away, thanks.The lady form "fed and watered" even kept a diary(3 pages) with an indepth briefing of my furbabes. They looked happy and relaxed when we got back which is great. We slept with all four in our bed last night as we,d missed them so much. Last pm. I put a towel under the bed and lo and behold Madame Amber peed on it again this morning.I think i,ll cover it with something proper when the kids are back at school. Thanks for asking.I,ve been reading some of your threads ,you,ve obviously been keeping very busy!!.....How,s Kai?......I have to say I like the name Chi.....that,s a good one ! 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 14:52:26 PM »
How did they get on in your absence Jayne?
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 19:42:17 PM »
Only just catching up so I do hope that everything will work out well  ;D

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 06:20:50 AM »
Thankyou so much for your replies of support....It really DOES help so much. Having someone to moan to seems to help in offloading all the pent up emotions. Well,Amber is still being a minx with the weeing....mainly under our bed and usually always in the morning when she,s hungry. I had taken to putting her and George in the kitchen which did stop the behaviour.....however I,m such a softie that I didn,t like them being banished......so I,ve now got the whole area covered with some covers.So far so good. I reckon it,s the smell that is making her do this. Anyway Desley came up with a great idea to put some new carpet ontop which I will try. Georgie boy did another whopsie in my oh,s office again.....so this room will have to be blocked off!!!! We were supposed to be in Belgium but unfortunately couldn,t get on the flight so hopefully we can go today. If there is a delay in replies you know why. Thanks again HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you wonderful Cat Chatters.... x x x Jayne  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Offline Grit

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 20:23:58 PM »
Getting a little better I think! Wellmost of the time

Offline Fluffy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 20:14:34 PM »
I don't think there's any bad being done here.  A cat which is unhappy is being found a new home where it should have a better time: it's painful for his owner but it's the best thing for him, and it takes a lot of courage to admit this.  So well done, you, for taking this decision.

And Grit, how nice to see you!  Hope all is going well with you and yours, finally!  How are your cats doing now?

Offline Grit

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 19:11:12 PM »
Have only just caught up with the new forum and your post Ajay.  As people who have followed my trials and tribulations on Catchat will tell you, you are not alone.  We had to rehome two cats on seperate occasions as they did not fit in with our cats and one of our resident females started to urinate everywhere again.  I hope you do not have to rehome George but if you do, it will be out of love not failure. Often the biggest expression that we care for our animals as that we do the best for them.

Rehoming is not always bad either, just to put your mind at rest, both the cats we rehomed went to super new owners and we still keep in touch, they are now extemely happy spolit cats. ;D

How old is George by the way?

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 18:31:14 PM »
Oh AJay, I'm sure folks do understand and don't be hard on yourself.  I really hope that Theresa has helped but if not it's not meant to be and things will work out okay.  If George does have to be rehomed it's not your fault and it will be for the best remember that.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 17:18:40 PM »
Have only just caught up wtih this, I do hope a solution can be found Jayne, I know how much you care for your cats. Do let us know, and you know where I am - will try and give you a bell this week.
Please spay your cat

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 20:50:43 PM »
Aw glad there may be some more options open to you all. Well done Teresa. Hope it works out.
Things always seem worse when you are bottling them up, so if it helps to offload, feel free to come on here or you can email me. 
Hope you have a good weekend.

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 18:46:54 PM »
Aw ...Thanks Teresa...you should run a help line for cat owners!!!Feline Samaratins !!!! Well now I,m all relaxed sitting down with my OH with my glass (bottle) of wine with my little furbabes around me and my children playing happily. Why oh why does the little minx have to ruin it all with her peeing !!!After all your kind words and support you,ve all given me the strength to continue with this.Thankyou all so much....you cat chatters are the best...god bless you all..... x j

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 18:38:56 PM »
When someone loves and cares for their cats as much as Ajay does it would be tragic to rehome one and then find the problem still exists.
Amazingly Ajay lives close by so we are lucky enough to have a few options open to try to break the cycle and keep this lovely family together.
Keep smiling Jayne almost anything is possible if you work at it.
By the way I will be home from 1pm onwards tomorrow as I have an appointment with Grandchildren, santa and 2 white Raindeer in the morning.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 18:31:56 PM »
Well said, Sam!  :)

:hug: to Teresa too.

Hope you didn't burn your food Jayne, trying to type and cook! One way or another, I'm sure you'll be able to sort this out for the best...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 18:22:37 PM »
Hi Jayne,

Glad to hear Teresa has provided your with some helpful advice ... fingers crossed this will help to sort things out.  All of us that know you and know how much you love your furbabes would never tut and think badly of you "if" you have to rehome George (fingers crossed it won't come to that).  We know what you went through with Thomas and how you nursed him back to health.

Take care and please keep us informed on how things go.

Sam :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 17:34:13 PM »
Hi Christine....Well, Teresa has advised me to initially try and re-train Amber by keeping her in a closed environment. It basically means keeping in a pen which Teresa will lend me. She also suggested (bless her) that she would take George into her home to see if Amber,s behaviour is linked to George.I can,t beleive how kind she has been. Also finally, Teresa said to get her water checked out for an infection.It,s really helped just being able to have a moan and let off steam. thanks again  x j....sorry for the grammar and spelling .....trying to type and make dinner at the same time ! x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 17:24:15 PM »
Jayne, your doing best by your cats which is a good thing   :care:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 17:00:08 PM »
I am sorry to hear of your problems, Jayne  :hug:

What are you planning to do, having chatted with Teresa, or do you want to wait a bit before you say?

:hug:

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 16:46:43 PM »
Well Thankyou all for your kind replys....I,ve just been on the phone to Teresa for ages and she has given me some great advice and offers of help.Bless you Teresa your a true angel.I feel better now because you all understand and sometimes having a moan  makes you feel better. x j

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 16:25:57 PM »
Again, can't really help,just wanted to let you know I don't think you're the devil incarnate for needing to find George a new home. Some cats are just happier not sharing their home with a fair few other cats, it's how it is. And despite the fact you're strongly attached to George, you want to do what's best for him, that's commendable. He sounds like a sweetheart and I really hope he gets the lovely home he deserves.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 16:21:05 PM »
Ajay,
I certainly am not tutting or judging you. We took Bertie in a few months ago, and he makes number 4 cat. We haven't had problems with the other cats, but have had problems with him taking to them. There have been times when I have felt so down about it all that I started to think.. have I been fair to the other cats by taking him in? Have I been fair to him? Would he rather be an only cat? There is still a long way to go, but we are finally making progress. However, I know from experience how stressful it can be when all the cats are not getting on. Also Bertie has a problem with one of his legs and because of this he stands up to poo and wee and doesn't squat. As a result, he was weeing up the walls and on the carpets. We have adapted a tray to get round this, but it's awful when you have that constant wee smell.
I don't have any advice to give you i'm afraid, but just wanted to say that I can understand that it doesn't always work out when you have a multi-cat household, so please don't be so hard on yourself.
I hope someone on here will be able to help you.   
Sarah

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 15:05:14 PM »
Have emailed you
Teresa

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 14:47:12 PM »
To all my friends on this forum, please could you help me? It,s been nearly 3 months now since we acquired George our beautiful British shorthair kitten.To those of you who know me you will know that I,ve been having a terrible time with the situation of having a fourth cat.Amber one of my other cats has been literally weeing EVERYWHERE and honestly I,m at the end of my tether. I have really tried everything(she,s even weed on the tin foil!.........I feel that the best thing to do would be to find George a new home.I know it,s against most of your principles but I don,t think I can cope anymore.It,s not just that she,s been pooing aswell. We,ve been to the vets, got the feliway,kept them apart,done the water pistol......I,m now clueless. My OH says that the balance of our home has been upset (even my siamese have started weeing on top of her markings).I,m crying as i write this but I,d rather him find a home through yourselves than anyone else. He is a big, beautiful cream and white loveable gentle wee soul.I absolutely adore him. I can hear alot of you tutting but I,m really down about this. Please can you help me ? ....x x Jayne

Link to CatChat