Author Topic: Hospital cage wanted  (Read 12479 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Hospital cage wanted
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 08:57:45 AM »

Now I need to start saving for you know what  :Crazy: 

:um:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 12:51:54 PM »
Its a shame when the couriers screw up but you have it now   ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
I've finally received my order this morning but had to give the driver an earbashing, useless toerags  >:(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 00:56:37 AM »
I may be getting my free postage but will have to wait and see  ;)  I've had a job and half with the courier company, the postage you pay is to cover delivery before 3pm the following day, I am still waiting  >:(  I should have received the cages Friday but they didn't arrive as they hadn't got the kitten pen, so they said definitely Monday.  We were in all day but they put a note in the shed door without even knocking on the house door, if they had, the dogs would have gone ballistic.  Phoned back today to be told they had been but the "guard dogs" were out which was a load of rubbish, they also said they had popped a note through the door, this wasn't there so they obviously went to the wrong house  :tired:  They have promised me faithfully now they will arrive tomorrow, I'm really peed off about it as I have a feral to catch and I want him in the hospital cage so he can go in for the chop........he's a big lad and I don't want to chance putting him in a normal cage in case I get ripped to shreds  :scared:  This has now been delayed until tomorrow because of all the messing about.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 14:34:25 PM »
Just think of it the other way Dawn...  you paying full price and free postage?  ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 17:29:26 PM »
That's not being naughty, that's using your money well, and no more than you deserve. :hug:

Now I need to start saving for you know what  :Crazy:  :evillaugh:  Metalcote are great to deal with, they don't want paying there and then, they invoice you with your order.  Also, if you are a non profit organisation, they won't charge VAT but you have to fill a form in, the only downside is it's £7.75 per box postage so that's £23.75 on top  :-:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 17:16:53 PM »
That's great news  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 17:12:56 PM »
That's not being naughty, that's using your money well, and no more than you deserve. :hug:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 16:56:19 PM »
Gill, they will be a big help so well worth having a couple of them.  A lot of the colonies I do, I may have 2 or 3 cats in one go so it's just easier all round having a cage that I can get them in and out of without being ripped to shreds  :sneaky:  The other thing I like about them, the wild ones sometimes have to stay in the traps overnight, I can transfer them into these, I can put a bed in for them and also a kitten sized litter tray, so they are much comfier and bigger than the traps and the vets can easily transfer them into crush cages for sedation.  And yes, it was a lovely gesture having one bought for me  :hug:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 16:59:31 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 16:53:40 PM »
that was so kind of someone and i am sure it will provide a wondeful bonus for you.  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 16:48:26 PM »
I've been a little naughty  :evillaugh:  Someone very kindly sent me the money for a hospitalisation cage  :Flowers: so I've ordered 2 and also a kitten pen as well.  They should be with me before the end of the week  :)  I was going to order a short stay unit but the cages are only 18 in x 12 in so not very big really, the hospitalisation cages are much better and will come in really handy for the ferals that are going to be released after they've recovered from surgery.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 20:42:08 PM »
Great, their prices are much better

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 01:24:36 AM »
Did you get anywhere with metal cote?

Yes thanks Milly, I've had a couple of prices off them so this is being sorted thanks  :hug:

Dawn, I'll have a look on Ebay as well, I've got a couple of other things that I need so worth a try  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 17:58:44 PM »
Did you get anywhere with metal cote?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 17:46:00 PM »
Dawn, have a look on eBay (you can narrow the search down to within 5,10 miles etc) as I found some cages/crates before for really cheap as you can pick up and not pay postage

Worth a go  :)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 03:44:09 AM »
http://www.mdcexports.co.uk/

I've had a quick look at this link and if I had the money, I think I could spend a few hundred in 5 minutes  :evillaugh:  Some really handy stuff on there so may be worth getting a few bits here and there.  I think my friend would be interested in this link as well so I will pass it on to her, thanks Mags  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 02:42:57 AM »
Is that with MDC? I would ask Metalcote if they could help you, they tend to be cheaper than MDC  ;D

Thanks, I've emailed them and asked them to send prices  :hug:

MBll

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 09:47:30 AM »
Is that with MDC? I would ask Metalcote if they could help you, they tend to be cheaper than MDC  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 01:44:23 AM »
I've found one the same

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:45:57 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 01:05:32 AM »
No, it's like a double wire carrier size and top opens both ends and the end slides up, I'll post a piccie tomorrow.  I just want to try and get one that will make it easier to catch them again for release.  When they are in large dog cages, they can be little horrors to catch and it's easier to get injured off them as well.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:06:07 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

MBll

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 00:40:57 AM »
is it anything like this??

http://www.animal-traps.com/cat_recovery_cage.htm

Cant you ask whoever give you it where they got it from lol

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 00:30:52 AM »
I was given it.  It's basically like a long wire cage, and has a bit in the middle that you can slide down to split it in half.  I'll try and get a piccie of it tomorrow.

MBll

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 00:24:19 AM »
Where did you get the one  that you already have?    I take it this is not like cat/dog cage then?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Hospital cage wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 00:12:30 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get a hospital cage from that isn't going to break the bank?  I've got one already and it's in constant use especially when I have ferals in recovering after they've been spayed/neutered.  It's an ideal size short term and it's also easy to transfer them into a crush cage when they are being released again.  I really could do with another one but not sure how much they are or where to get one from  :doh:  Any ideas?

Link to CatChat