Author Topic: Cat trees  (Read 6093 times)

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
Re: Cat trees
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 12:53:23 PM »
When I got my last one a few months back I asked about the ceiling height ones too but loads of people put me off them, especially when Susanne showed me the picture of hers as that is the one I was thinking of ordering. Instead I went for a wider base one and I got it that last time zooplus had a big discount on their trees. I think this one cost me about £38 at the time.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/medium/15128

The only disappointment I have with it is that the ladders are not very well put together although now that I've used some wood glue inside the rungs they are holding better. Bearing in mind I have 6 cats and 2 of them are 5 kg and one is 6kg and they all love chasing each other round it and clambering all over it, we are all pleased with it. I took the ladders off it for a while but put them back as whilst they don't need them for climbing about, when they are there the cats do climb on them and they love using the scratching rungs on them.

I was more than happy to have paid £38 for it and at that price won't mind replacing it if doesn't last forever or when the clan inevitably tire of it.

I haven't used any of the ebay stores as a lot of them charge extortionately for delivery to Northern Ireland whilst zooplus is free.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »
Sent you a PM, BC. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 08:34:41 AM »
I've ordered one from Kalven

http://www.kalven.co.uk/model19.htm as it's the one the kittens are used to at Madasacatters. Not cheap at £140 but really sturdy.

Hope BC's tree works for you JS.

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 00:48:46 AM »
Can i be second in line for the cat tree if JS doesnt want it  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 22:56:57 PM »
I have a spare one that won't be travelling with me - cover the postage and its yours! ;D

I've only just seen this! How big is it, Jo? (I have a partner who is as picky about what the cat furniture looks like as ours!)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 21:49:34 PM »
Albany pets seem to have disappeared from ebay  :shify:  No idea what's going on, I bought a rabbit item at the weekend and picked it up from their warehouse on Tuesday...was watching some other items then yesterday all of a sudden everything has disappeared  :Crazy:  Their shop is still showing but there are no products.  Their website still seems to be working (with a limited range of products) www.cumfypets.co.uk with some really good value scratchers, but I don't know whether there is anything sinister going on in the current financial climate, or if it's as innocent as they've had a dispute with ebay and ebay have removed everything. 

I really hope they are ok, I had my eye on some more of their hutches for a rescue I'm helping!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 19:40:26 PM »
I have a spare one that won't be travelling with me - cover the postage and its yours! ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 19:21:08 PM »
Zooplus for me

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 23:44:15 PM »
again Albany Pets for me... too, I got one with a hammock and it is so far standing up well to 4.4 kilo Indy and 3 kilo Misha fighting for Hammock Rights  :rofl:

and the tube is big enough *just* for 1.5 cats... much dangling required
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 19:26:20 PM by Indys Mamma »

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »
I also recommend Albany cats. I got a ceiling one with a hammock. Riley is about 6 kgs and he is always in the hammock. It's been about 6 months now and it shows no signs of buckling under the strain.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »
Resurrecting this thread as we have a budding mountaineer sharing our home - any advice on where to get a floor to ceiling centre that isn't going to break the bank and isn't going to break! most appreciated.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 21:32:24 PM »
2 mins to go is too long try bidding at the 30 secs mark

Agree with Horza, why not try a snipe program...  You don't have to download anything you just register (free of course), enter the item number and set your maximum bid.  It then bids for you in the last 10 -20 seconds which means that other people don't have a chance to bid against you.

I use www.bidmate.co.uk - you get 3 free snipe bids a week, you obviously have to submit your ebay user name and password to enable them to place the bid but I've been using bidmate for several years with no security problems.

Ooooh, cunning, I like your style  :sneaky:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 21:20:53 PM »

Agree with Horza, why not try a snipe program...  You don't have to download anything you just register (free of course), enter the item number and set your maximum bid.  It then bids for you in the last 10 -20 seconds which means that other people don't have a chance to bid against you.

I use www.bidmate.co.uk - you get 3 free snipe bids a week, you obviously have to submit your ebay user name and password to enable them to place the bid but I've been using bidmate for several years with no security problems.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 20:11:02 PM »
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 18:29:03 PM »
Your little black cat in the middle picture loks as if he/she is saying "What do you mean, you might not get it!"

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 18:23:58 PM »
I'd been watching it all day and put a bid in with about 2 mins to go, and literally with only a few seconds to go it jumped up about 3 times. It must be a very popular one and there must be a lot of happy (and unhappy if you didn't win!) kitties out there!! It is on there as buy it now, but it's more expensive. Hope we both manage to get one and keep our furbabes happy for Christmas  :Luv:!

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 16:36:32 PM »
Ok guys  help me:

I'm torn between these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTIMATE-cat-scratching-tree-post-activity-centre-207BR_W0QQitemZ220171560060QQihZ012QQcategoryZ20740QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

NO, NO, NO, I got outbid for that one last night, my babies are very sad that their meany meowmy lost the bidding, so much so that they then kept deciding to climb/attack/jump on/in the large palm plant we have in the sitting room "if we can't have our own tree, we'll trash yours" kind of attiitude  :rofl:  See you on ebay Gwen  :wow:

Let the bidding begin :evillaugh: :shake:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 16:09:51 PM »
As all ready said on here  Albany pets on ebay very very good  ;D  You could email them on ebay and ask if you can just buy one straight away worth a try  ;)

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 13:30:12 PM »
Ok guys  help me:

I'm torn between these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTIMATE-cat-scratching-tree-post-activity-centre-207BR_W0QQitemZ220171560060QQihZ012QQcategoryZ20740QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

NO, NO, NO, I got outbid for that one last night, my babies are very sad that their meany meowmy lost the bidding, so much so that they then kept deciding to climb/attack/jump on/in the large palm plant we have in the sitting room "if we can't have our own tree, we'll trash yours" kind of attiitude  :rofl:  See you on ebay Gwen  :wow:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »
I'm not keen on no.2 my opinion, and are not 4 and 5 the same? but any of the others look good

hth

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 23:43:50 PM »
I second AlbanyPets, that's where I got mine and even with postage to Ireland it still worked out a lot cheaper than others I looked at online. And it's very sturdy too.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 21:54:59 PM »
Also try here

http://home-garden.search.ebay.co.uk/_Furniture-Scratchers_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ20740QQsassZalbanypets135

AlbanyPets on Ebay many peeps on here have bought from them :) good quality at a good price

hth

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 21:50:35 PM »
OMG! :shocked: will have to re-examine the options more closely, methinks! :thanks: for the heads-up, Suzanne ;)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 21:39:02 PM »
I wouldn't go for the first one there, or any with a hammock hanging out over the side.

For those that don't know what fun I had with mine - see below!

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 21:31:49 PM »
I've been on the lookout for a new cat tree, as the one I have is 5 years old and seriously past it's best. ZooUk have a lot of good ones from 30 - 50 quid, and they look pretty sturdy.
Here's a few I was looking at (1st one is £54, 2nd one £45, other two are £40):

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 21:28:17 PM »
Try zooplus (and if you buy remember that clicking the link at the bottom of the page will earn Purrs 5%  ;D)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Cat trees
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 21:22:27 PM »
As you know I am having a kitten at the weekend and at present I do not have a cat tree,but would really like to have one for the newbie if I can.

I don't have a huge budget(preflebly under £50) but would stretch to £80 if need be but I want a sterdy one and not one thats going to fall down as soon as the cat jumps at it. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question but any ideas of where I can get a good value for money cat tree? :)
Love me,love my animals.

Link to CatChat